ati mobility radeon 5650

lince5

107 posts in this topic

I have an ati 5650 in my acer aspire 5740g and i don't find any drivers. I read somewhere that SL 10.6.4 have that drivers. Is it correct? If not, when will come the drivers for ati 5xxx series?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm Spanish.

• 1 month later...
5xxx series cards are not supported in any hackintosh build.

Apple has purchased rights and several 5xxx series cards but we aren't sure what for. Its simply a waiting game...

Tonymacx made [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.1.0 with ati 5xxx series kexts. :wacko:

But I don't know if those kext work with this graphic card... :(

Download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.1.2

Any idea if this works?

Well, I was searching and it works (they say it works with ati 5700, 5800 and 5900 for desktop), but don't know about qe/ci, opencl and opengl is enabled or can be enabled. I can't try anything without be sure, because i cannot spend much time. I have to work with video, audio and photos and i game, too. That means i must have a full working laptop with OS X as main.

NOTE:Xan21, good work with knight rider mod for gta. I am not registered. :)

* Is your screen resolution 1366*768?

Yes, that's my screen resolution, but i have an external monitor that i would like to use (it isn't really necesary).

* which osx86 project is yours(iatkos, ideneb vs)?

I am not using any osx86 project distro, just snow leopard 10.6 retail. I know i must update to 10.6.4. I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for post-installation and i am trying to build a valid dsdt for the update to 10.7.

Maybe the next year we will have some ati 5000 series 64-bit kexts...

Yes, that's my screen resolution, but i have an external monitor that i would like to use (it isn't really necesary).

Firstly, thanks for answers... I want to ask another one, too.

* How did you make your screen resolution 1366*768 ? 

Firstly, thanks for answers... I want to ask another one, too.

* How did you make your screen resolution 1366*768 ?

Sorry, i didn't urderstand your question. That's my screen resolution, but mac os x just recognizes 1024x768.

Sorry for confusion and delay.

i wanted to ask your mac os x's screen resolution and i understood that yours is 1024*768. 

I'm running Vesa graphics and my resolution is something like 1040, by 900 (I have a mobility 5870)

I'm running Vesa graphics and my resolution is something like 1040, by 900 (I have a mobility 5870)

That's like me, but your screen resolution is different (1440*900). Maybe, someone with netkas's knowlegde about kext hack (or Netkas) could give us a solution for get working an ati mobility 5000 series.

is there any chance for me to make my screen resolution 1366*768 with my ATI 5650? with Vesa graphics or anyway?

for mobility hd4xxx this one works as a universal driver without QE/CI, only for correct resolution , I have 1366x768x32 with this on a HD4650m :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

Please, post solution for ATI MOBILITY 5000 SERIES!!!!

it is a UNIVERSAL driver for Ati cards.

Instead of shouting you should simply try if it works for 5xxx cards. Worst thing is you get a kernel panic, then reboot in safemode and remove it.

for mobility hd4xxx this one works as a universal driver without QE/CI, only for correct resolution , I have 1366x768x32 with this on a HD4650m :

did anybody test it with 5650? and on this page a lot of .zip file are available, which one should i download and install?

in the end of the topic, it is said that this kext isn't working with ati 5xxx cards  :borg::)

did anybody test it with 5650? and on this page a lot of .zip file are available, which one should i download and install?

in the end of the topic, it is said that this kext isn't working with ati 5xxx cards :unsure::wacko:

For Snow Leopard, download the first zip, the next one is for Leopard.

Please, post solution for ATI MOBILITY 5000 SERIES!!!!

I wrote this because I saw a lot of persons trying kexts for 4xxx series or universal kexts, like this, and they didn't get working

Instead of shouting you should simply try if it works for 5xxx cards. Worst thing is you get a kernel panic, then reboot in safemode and remove it.

OK, I understand it, but I said cannot try anything without be sure (just one comment saying it works without KP).

The only way to install SL with the retail dvd on a mbr partitioned disk is to use windows disk utility: you have to reduce one of your partition in order to create another one, then you can install SL on an external hard disk and at the end ,using disk utility from mac dvd, copy your SL into internal partition. hope it helps

Sorry, but now i haven't got time, my holidays ends. :thumbsup_anim: If ati mobility 5xxx users want full rez and qe/ci, make ioreg dumps and send them to netkas writing the exact model of the card as file name.

I don't really see the point in making an ioreg dump for the sole pupose of sending it to Netkas, since:

1- He only worked on ATI 5xxx desktop version.

2- The current 5xxx driver is made from apple's, and doesn't support LVDS.

Can you clear this for me? :wacko:

Heyyo,

Tried that long ago didn't work.. their known card list I don't even think lists an ATi 5xxx series card. :(

Their google code site even says

XCode project for framebuffer driver of ATI graphic chipsets HD series 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx

Btw I'm running ATi Radeon 5650 Mobility from a Gateway NV5909H, and yes in Windows 7 I can install the ATi drivers from ati.amd.com

I don't really see the point in making an ioreg dump for the sole pupose of sending it to Netkas, since:

1- He only worked on ATI 5xxx desktop version.

2- The current 5xxx driver is made from apple's, and doesn't support LVDS.

Can you clear this for me? :)

But he hacked the kexts before apple used ati 5xxx series desktop. If we send dumps, he can consider hack for mobility, too

PD: What is LVDS?