[Guide] HP DV8, DV7, DV6, & DV5, 10.6.4 Easy, Comprehensive Installation

Mammoth

v2.00 Installation, Update, and Mammoth Installation media  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is v2.00 something you are interested in and would use?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which are you most interested in?

• v2.00 Installation Guides
    • v2.00 Post-installation Update Guide

1,266 posts in this topic

Interesting observation re: screen brightness.

OS x seems to "remember" what the brightness was in my windows boot. That is, if I turn brightness down over in windows, and reboot into OS X, my screen is now dimmer in OS X.

Any thoughts?

Also, I seem to crash once every time I try to use OS X, then I can reboot and run well indefinitely. Even more when running off of battery, but I do notice an error during startup with the AppleCPUPowerManagement kext, could these be related?

Thanks!

Dylan

For Anyone who have a problems with brightness this tool work great for me

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65911

Description

Shades is a utility for controlling the brightness of your screen. It runs in the background providing easy control over the brightness of your display via a slick Mac-like interface, with greater dynamic range and finer granularity than the built-in controls.

Unlike other solutions, Shades works by obscuring your screen with a darkened overlay. It doesn't change your display settings and won't screw up your colour profile. It also means you won't lose your cursor!

if you like it donate to him :)

hi, i have a laptop HP Pavilion DV6-2150US.... i installed Mac OS X over my Windows 7 partition..... OS X went good.... but without Wi-Fi (whats the point of a laptop?) anyways, when i try to install any version of Windows, he does not recognize my HDD!!! OMG! im going insane!!! Now im on Linux.... i thinks its the end of Windows for me....... any help?

Thanks

hi, i have a laptop HP Pavilion DV6-2150US.... i installed Mac OS X over my Windows 7 partition..... OS X went good.... but without Wi-Fi (whats the point of a laptop?) anyways, when i try to install any version of Windows, he does not recognize my HDD!!! OMG! im going insane!!! Now im on Linux.... i thinks its the end of Windows for me....... any help?

Thanks

You just have to use the pdf guide on the first post to know how to multiboot windows & mac

I know this wifi problem is too bad but there are alot of alternatives right now, if you really want to use mac too much

Good luck

Thanks Yehia!! I wanna use Mac so bad!! :s.... my laptop is similar to yours.... my Wireless:Broadcom 43225 802.11a/b/g/draft-n [14E4-4357] do you have any idea of how to make it work? actually im a newbie on this OSX86 World... but i cant go back!! haha cant install Windows again..... Would you have some mercy? :)

Thanks

Thanks Yehia!! I wanna use Mac so bad!! :s.... my laptop is similar to yours.... my Wireless:Broadcom 43225 802.11a/b/g/draft-n [14E4-4357] do you have any idea of how to make it work? actually im a newbie on this OSX86 World... but i cant go back!! haha cant install Windows again..... Would you have some mercy? ;)

Thanks

no this card is not working on mac till now, but you can replace it with a compatble one or by buying a usb wireless compatible with mac

Multi-booting windows and mac

First: format all the hard drive using "Mac OSX 10.6.3 retail disk" to GUID Partition table

• go to Disk Utility
  • right click on your hard drive and choose Partition
  • press on the Volume Scheme drop down menu and choose the number of Partitions you want
  • press on options and choose GUID
  • format the first Partition (mac Partition) as "mac os Extended (Journaled)"
  • the rest of the Partitions (Windows) format as "MS-DOS (FAT)"
  • Press apply

Second: Install mac OSX using mammoth guide

Except that you have to use Chameleon RC5 "This is very important to make your windows boot"

At chameleon installer press customize and choose:

• Chameleon : "Chameleon Standard with boot0hfs"
  • Themes : what you want
  • Boot options: Generate C-States, Generate P-States, GraphicsEnabler

Press install and exit Mac osx

Third:install windows

• when you are about to choose the windows Partition , select the the second Partition and choose format
  • install windows on that partition

now you got a mac and windows working together

Good luck :)

hi yehia Amer!! u are really nice!!! so, wich USB Wireless adapter would u recommend?...

and... here is my thing, i think our laptops are alike, so, i would like some advice....

i have HP Pavilion DV6-2150US.... so, my HDD has a first partition called SYSTEM, a second one where it was Windows 7, and my third one for my data... so, i installed iAtkos over my Windows partition, to test it, and u know, all ok but the wireless.... whatever, the point is, that when i try to install Windows 7 again, or Windows Vista, they cant find my HDD!! they ask me for drivers!! so im using Linux..... i really need my Windows back... so, i was wondering, that we have similar devices... do u have any idea for how to fix it?? Please?

Thanks =D

hi yehia Amer!! u are really nice!!! so, wich USB Wireless adapter would u recommend?...

and... here is my thing, i think our laptops are alike, so, i would like some advice....

i have HP Pavilion DV6-2150US.... so, my HDD has a first partition called SYSTEM, a second one where it was Windows 7, and my third one for my data... so, i installed iAtkos over my Windows partition, to test it, and u know, all ok but the wireless.... whatever, the point is, that when i try to install Windows 7 again, or Windows Vista, they cant find my HDD!! they ask me for drivers!! so im using Linux..... i really need my Windows back... so, i was wondering, that we have similar devices... do u have any idea for how to fix it?? Please?

Thanks =D

any adapter compatible with mac, i think this is a good one but i don't try it

AWLL5088 Wireless N 150 Ultra Mini USB Adapter

http://airlink101.com/products/awll5088.php

you can install Chameleon with my above instructions on your current mac installation and what happen

i windows fail to start so you have to backup your data and format the hole HD and install the two OS as the instructions above

also DON'T use a mac distro please USE the RETAIL MAC OSX 10.6.3

First off... hats off to Mammoth + all the dedicated contributors. Absolutely unbelievable to find such a concise guide with no BS or presumptions about the user. Just WOW.

So, I've spent the good part of a week now trying to make it all work. Before anyone asks... I've followed the guide (1.15) extremely carefully. (About 4? times now.) I know from reading through this thread that it's worked for others. Why am I unique? (Don't answer that.)

Hardware: DV8T-1000, 4GB RAM BIOS F.25

Problem 1: Stability in OSX - I have two reocurring symptoms: Symptom A ) Occasionally the GUI stops responding to keyboard and clicks. The mouse still moves, but mouseclicks and keystroked are not processed. No amounting of waiting helps. Symptom B ) Very frequently the system freezes completely... sometimes after just a few seconds, sometime a few minutes. The worst is when it happens in the middle of a permissions repair or pfix. This has corrupted the image at times and forced a reimage. Grrr. It seems to be a bit more stable with trackpad disabled, but that could be my imagination. Absolutely no custom KEXTs here. I did it by the book. Am I alone here? I could buy that I missed a step once or maybe twice, but I've reinstalled from scratch at least 4 times, maybe 5 (lost count + mind). Any thoughts on where to start?

Problem 2: Dual boot OSX & Windows 7. I had an already "in-use" Windows install I wanted to save. Saved it off to a NAS using the partdisk utility in Ubuntu. My basic process= Repartion in GPT according to guide. Install OSX + chameleon+post install. Restore Win 7 to DOS\NTFS partition. Boot Win7 repair disk and use cmd-line diskpart util. to set that partition active. Reboot. Choose Win7 (which is recognized by Chameleon). Reports Bootmgr missing. No amount of automatic repair or BCD editing will make Win7 bootable at that point. The only thing that works is: first use bootrec /fixmbr to screw up the MBR (which hoses chameleon). Then (and only then) will automatic repair fix it to the point that it's bootable. By this point though it has rewritten the partition table with MBR entries for itself plus the RECOVERY partition and SYSTEM partition that the disk came with from the factory. (How does it remember these and how to rid myself of them?) Now I can get into Windows. Restart back into OSX with Mammoth boot disk. It won't let me reinstall chameleon because the partitions are messed up and back to MBR type. I've tried using gptsync and gpt fdiskboth to fix things. This will fix the partition table but also hoses something else (the disk sig maybe?) so now Windows is back to "bootmgr missing" I'm going in around in circles here. Any options guys?

I feel like I'm so close... yet completion evades me. What to do? My hair is now gray and my wife is filing for divorce (because I'm spending too much time with the digital mistress). Help?

Thanks very much and may the force be with ME!

I'm in the same boat as seware. I have dv8t-1100 same as Mammoth and I keep going in circles. I get OSX working and break the Windows Boot. Then I restore Windows partion, but can't boot it. Then I fix boot for Windows and it breaks boot for OS X. I'm pulling my hair out and my wife is complaining too!!!!!

Note that I have my Windows partion backed up on a HP WHS server. I have my OS X and Chameleon partitions backed up via NortonGhost15.

I haven't been able to get Chameleon to boot Windows. I was able to breifly get EasyBCD to boot OSX, but it would lock up everytime I clicked on Applications headed for the Disk Utility.

GRRRRRR! Please help!

By the way, I am OK doing a fresh install of OS X, but not Win7.

I'm in the same boat as seware. I have dv8t-1100 same as Mammoth and I keep going in circles. I get OSX working and break the Windows Boot. Then I restore Windows partion, but can't boot it. Then I fix boot for Windows and it breaks boot for OS X. I'm pulling my hair out and my wife is complaining too!!!!!

Note that I have my Windows partion backed up on a HP WHS server. I have my OS X and Chameleon partitions backed up via NortonGhost15.

I haven't been able to get Chameleon to boot Windows. I was able to breifly get EasyBCD to boot OSX, but it would lock up everytime I clicked on Applications headed for the Disk Utility.

GRRRRRR! Please help!

By the way, I am OK doing a fresh install of OS X, but not Win7.

Note that I think I may have found the solution. It is in the Bring Snow Leopard Back section of BlackOSX's Part9 PDF "Dual Boot Windows 7".

"Bring Snow Leopard back

To get OS X back, you need to boot by using either the BootCD or the bootable USB stick (which youtested with earlier) in to Chameleon and selecting your already existing OS X installation.

Once booted in to your OS X installation, you will then need to re-install Chameleon by following thesteps shown on page 2 of ‘Part 3 - Install Chameleon’ PDF, but with one difference.

When you get to the section:

Drag file fdisk440 from the Support Files to the Terminal & without pressing return type

-f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX

Use this instead:

-f boot0hfs -u -y /dev/rdiskX

That’s the only difference to the install steps and it writes boot0hfs to the first 440bytes of the MBR which will look for boot1h on a non-active partition. This allows you to leave Windows7 on the active partition which it require to enter sleep.

When you reboot you should boot straight in to Chameleon and have the option of booting either OS X or Windows 7."

It is going to take a while to get back to this but, here goes...

Hi all

I'm searching for a good and osx compatible laptop...

Hp dv6 looks cool... but - could you tell me what exactly is working and what not on hp notebooks with osx. I mean sleep / power managment / video and audio outputs etc.

Cause I found model DV6-2130ej and his stats are very nice but I need fully working OS X :D

Could you help me with choose laptop for hackintosh?

Hi all

I'm searching for a good and osx compatible laptop...

Hp dv6 looks cool... but - could you tell me what exactly is working and what not on hp notebooks with osx. I mean sleep / power managment / video and audio outputs etc.

Cause I found model DV6-2130ej and his stats are very nice but I need fully working OS X :)

Could you help me with choose laptop for hackintosh?

don't buy an hp laptop if you want if you want a vanilla macbook like, specially that a new version of mac osx is coming

and because of a stupid laptop bios we cannot install any vanilla kernel although we have a supported processor ???

i think all other p.c. manufacturers are working with the vanilla kernel except HP :D

Note that I think I may have found the solution. It is in the Bring Snow Leopard Back section of BlackOSX's Part9 PDF "Dual Boot Windows 7".

"Bring Snow Leopard back

To get OS X back, you need to boot by using either the BootCD or the bootable USB stick (which youtested with earlier) in to Chameleon and selecting your already existing OS X installation.

Once booted in to your OS X installation, you will then need to re-install Chameleon by following thesteps shown on page 2 of ‘Part 3 - Install Chameleon’ PDF, but with one difference.

When you get to the section:

Drag file fdisk440 from the Support Files to the Terminal & without pressing return type

-f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX

Use this instead:

-f boot0hfs -u -y /dev/rdiskX

That’s the only difference to the install steps and it writes boot0hfs to the first 440bytes of the MBR which will look for boot1h on a non-active partition. This allows you to leave Windows7 on the active partition which it require to enter sleep.

When you reboot you should boot straight in to Chameleon and have the option of booting either OS X or Windows 7."

It is going to take a while to get back to this but, here goes...

OK, Couple comments.

1) Thanks to Mammoth for all of your work!!!

2) Installing Chameleon 2.0 RC5 with the auto repair feature seems to resolve boot issues. I recommend installing this over the the one included on the boot CD early in the install process.

3)Don't use the Apple internet upgrade as mentioned in the post install guide. Maybe in August it was OK, but know it seems to cause great instability, lockups.

4) HP DV8T seems very stable with all the rest of the directions though.

Mammoth, I'm looking forward to future installments from you on this. I'm just beginning to learn so don't think I can be of much assitance, but maybe someday???

NEW! - Amer DVx Boot CD v1.0

amerlogowitheffectssmal.png

Credits

We'll start off with a few credits...

Mammoth, Kizwan, Taptun, EvOsx86, tonymacx86, Mac Man 50/macuser_20xx, lnx2mac Kokomal, Mucha, Boeaja, Formigator, Kellis, Meow888, BlackOSX, and Anyone I have forgotten to mention :)

What's new?

1) Chameleon Rc5 Bootloader

chameleon2.png

2) All the latest kexts needed are included, including SD card working kexts, latest RealtekRTL81xx.kext, Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r602

3) Screen brightness by "Shades Preferences.prefPane”, ShowAllFiles, and pfix3.1

4) No bootflags on the “com.apple.Boot.plist” so you can use it as a rescue disk and use the bootflags that you only want

5) Full edited DSDT

• All basic fixes (CMOS Reset Fix, USB EHCI Sleep Fix, HDEF Fix, GFX Fix and other fixes)
  • CPU Intel SpeedStep & system temp run cooler
  • Sound Fixes (Auto-switch between internal speaker & HP, also internal mic & line-in/external mic works. Audio in & out working as it should be, Mute Fixed, removed the SignalProcessing entry for internal speaker)
  • USB fixed so it can charge i devices like iPad
  • ss.pngHDMI fix video & audio (audio not tested, please test and report) ss.png

Steps:

Installation:

1) Burn "YehiaAmer DVx Boot CD v1.0" to a CD

2) Boot from the cd then replace it with the "Retail SL 10.6.3" (10.6.0 don't work)

3) Use Boot Flag CPUS=1 to boot

4) Install you mac

For Multibooting:

format all the hard drive using "Mac OSX 10.6.3 retail disk" to GUID Partition table

• go to Disk Utility
  • right click on your hard drive and choose Partition
  • press on the Volume Scheme drop down menu and choose the number of Partitions you want
  • press on options and choose GUID
  • format the first Partition (mac Partition) as "mac os Extended (Journaled)"
  • the rest of the Partitions (Windows) format as "MS-DOS (FAT)"
  • Press apply

Post-installation:

5) After you enter your mac Upgrade to 10.6.4 (don't restart)

6) open /Volumes/YehiaAmer DVx Boot CD v1.0\Post-installation/Additional Programs/ShowAllFiles and press Show

7) Install Chameleon-2.0-RC5 At chameleon installer press customize and choose:"Chameleon Standard with boot0hfs"

8) Replace mach_kernel with the patched one "13 MB" (if there is already one delete it first)

To use this kernel you must delete AppleProfileFamily.kext or you will get a "blue screen"

9) Copy extra Folder to your root (if there is already one delete it first)

10) Drug "AppleHDA.Kext, RealtekRTL81xx.kext" to Kext Helper b7 program

11) Install /Volumes/YehiaAmer DVx Boot CD v1.0\Post-installation/Additional Programs/pfix3.1.mpkg

12) Open the terminal and write "Pfix", enter your password, choose the number of your mac partition usually 1

13) Repair disk permissions using disk utility

12) restart

Additional Fixes

go to Post installation/additional Programs

14) install "Shades Preferences.prefpane" to control your screen brightness

you can also try /Volumes/YehiaAmer DVx Boot CD v1.0\Post-installation/Additional Programs/VoodooSDHC.kext on S/E, don't install on S/L/E (THIS KEXT IS VERY BUGGY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Download From Here:YehiaAmer_DVx_Boot_CD_v1.0.rtf

HI Mr Yehia Amer ,

Thanks for the new boot CD,

will " sleep " work on this set up ? I know I have not been able to make it work on my computer yet with Mammoth's guide and boot cd , everything else works , even tho lately I been having major issues with Lock ups and " freeze " where i have to do a hard reboot.

Thanks again for all the help you guys had provided to all of Us .

:D

did anyone get this one to work with graphics and wifi ?

HP dv6-2190us

http://www.frys.com/product/6143379?site=s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

SPECIFICATIONS:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM processor with 1.60GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80GHz

MEMORY: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM), Max supported =8192MB

VIDEO GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GT 230M with up to 2815MB total graphics memory with 1024MB dedicated

HARD DRIVE: 500GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

MULTIMEDIA DRIVE: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

DISPLAY: 15.6" Diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366x768)

NETWORK CARD: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

WIRELESS OPTION: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN

DIGITAL MEDIA: 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

AUDIO: Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound

WEBCAM: HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone

PC CARD SLOTS: 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

PORTS: 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA, 2 Headphone out, 1 microphone-in, HDMI, 1 VGA (15-pin), eSATA + USB 2.0, 1 RJ -45 (LAN), 1 notebook expansion port 3, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin), 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

BATTERY: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery

sounds like a great deal and should be working...

best regards

bubba

HI Mr Yehia Amer ,

Thanks for the new boot CD,

will " sleep " work on this set up ? I know I have not been able to make it work on my computer yet with Mammoth's guide and boot cd , everything else works , even tho lately I been having major issues with Lock ups and " freeze " where i have to do a hard reboot.

Thanks again for all the help you guys had provided to all of Us .

yes, Sleep works with both with all it's ways

if you want to put the Laptop to Sleep close the monitor and it will go to sleep automatically (wait and you will notice that the HP Logo light turned off) , if you want to go back just open your monitor again :D

GREAT !! I needed this feature ! Thanks for your time and your help Mr Yehia Amer

I will back up all of my files , and re do my set up , I have an HP Dv8 lapy , would that be any difference on the DSDT?

I don't think so , Please write your Full specs in details

I found another way to sleep which is by Pressing "Fn Key" and "F5 Key" and when you want to go back Press the Power Button

here are my my full specs

* HP DV8t-1100 (VF836AV) Specifications *

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM 1.6GHz, 6MB, L2C

Memory: Installed: 4GB (2GB x 2GB) [Maximum: 8GB] Type/Speed: DDR3/1333MHz

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 230M GPU w/ 1024 MB

Sound: IDT 92HD75B3 Audio Controller

LAN: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit

Wi-Fi: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (622ANHMW)

Optical Disc: Lightscribe + DVD +/-R/RW drive

thanks again .....

;)

I just wanted to start off my question by thanking Mammoth for the wonderful explanation and guide that he has put together...along with all of the work that has gone into getting this working for our Dv8 laptops.

I see (and thank you for your work Yehia Amer) that you have posted an updated boot CD. So far I have installed and have nearly everything working on my HP Dv8t-1100. The only issue that I still have that pertains to my daily use is getting the audio switching (plugging in headphones) and HDMI audio output. (Main focus is the headphones...I am an active duty Marine and cannot always have sound coming out of my speakers!)

I see that the updated boot CD has these issues working, but without starting all over from the beginning I was inquiring the best method of getting these items working. If you need to know any more information about my setup or what is installed please just ask. Also, if there is something that I could test for you, also please let me know.

Thank you again. To all of you who have gone un-named in my post, I do appreciate all of the work that the community has put into getting OS X working on this model laptop!

Gibby

here are my my full specs

thanks again .....

yes it seems very close to my Hackintosh

I see that the updated boot CD has these issues working, but without starting all over from the beginning I was inquiring the best method of getting these items working. If you need to know any more information about my setup or what is installed please just ask. Also, if there is something that I could test for you, also please let me know.

Thank you again. To all of you who have gone un-named in my post, I do appreciate all of the work that the community has put into getting OS X working on this model laptop!

Gibby

Just Begin from the Post-installation Part :)

Hey everyone,

I know, long time no hear from me. I just wanted to check-in and say "Yes, I'm still alive". I've just got a lot going on right now so I'm not able to devote any extra time right now to this, so sorry about that. I DO want to get back at some point and catch everything up. I do want to compile all the newest progress and advances you have all made into an updated v1.20 version of the guides and Boot CD. However I just don't have the time right now. : ( I will do it for sure around or before the release of "Lion", as then we will have a complete and final pre-Lion / 10.6.x "era" process. I assume Lion will start the 10.7.x code base.

Anyway, just wanted to thank ALL OF YOU who have thanked me for my work. Every time I read one of those comments it really makes me want to jump back in and do more. I will, I just can't right now.

Great work everyone! I wish I could apply all the fixes and updates you've come up with to my system, but again, that will have to wait for me. : |

I was just on the HP site and there are no BIOS updates for the dv8t-1100, which is great news; no need to update and have to deal with the need for a moded DSDT or new kernel. 8)

So keep up the good work and I hope to be back and engaged again at some point.

did anyone get this one to work with graphics and wifi ?

HP dv6-2190us

http://www.frys.com/product/6143379?site=s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

SPECIFICATIONS:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM processor with 1.60GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80GHz

MEMORY: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM), Max supported =8192MB

VIDEO GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GT 230M with up to 2815MB total graphics memory with 1024MB dedicated

HARD DRIVE: 500GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

MULTIMEDIA DRIVE: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

DISPLAY: 15.6" Diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366x768)

NETWORK CARD: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

WIRELESS OPTION: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN

DIGITAL MEDIA: 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

AUDIO: Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound

WEBCAM: HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone

PC CARD SLOTS: 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

PORTS: 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA, 2 Headphone out, 1 microphone-in, HDMI, 1 VGA (15-pin), eSATA + USB 2.0, 1 RJ -45 (LAN), 1 notebook expansion port 3, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin), 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

BATTERY: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery

sounds like a great deal and should be working...

best regards

bubba

Hey Bubba,

Looks like a great machine and a great price! That machine should be able to install OS X as per my posted guides here. : )

I would strongly recommend going to www.HPShopping.com and see what a custom configured machine would cost. You might be able to get a better machine for the money or just a little bit more.

NOTE: I just discovered that HP is no longer offering laptops with 18.4" screens! I'm SURE glad I got mine when I did now! Also, looks like they are switching to ATI video cards, and that could be bad news for trying to run OS X on them; however, Apple IS starting to use ATI cards in their new machines, so it could be a good thing, I don't know.

yes it seems very close to my Hackintosh

Just Begin from the Post-installation Part :P

Thank you for the quick reply. I cannot just follow your Post-installation instructions because your install and Mammoth's install are completely different. Mammoth has an entirely different partition for chameleon and the kexts are not loaded from S/L/E. Is your kernel any different from the kernel that Mammoth is using? Also, is there any way I could just use the updated kexts from your installation with my install?

Thank you again for your help Yehia Amer.

//Gibby