A question is your latest Unlocker that supports ESXi 5, with Donk's scripts build specific or is it generic, as I read somewhere you were intending to do this so a new Unlocker was not needed everytime VMware release a patch. I guess the same question applies to the desktop products as well
- The ESXi 5 unlocker is generic. It should be run via the script there (install.sh) that was added by Donk.
- The Linux and OS X unlockers can be run "as is" with no scripts.
- The Windows unlocker can be run "as is", but any processes using vmwarebase.dll have to be terminated first - the tray, VMware Authorization Server, and possibly others.
- The Linux, OS X and Windows unlockers are generic insofar as patching to the hypervisor goes (the vmx binaries.) The patches to vmwarebase rely on certain code sequences in the binary, so may break in subsequent releases. I'll follow up on it if this happens, and maybe try to find a more robust method to identify the patch points.
- The Makefile can be used to compile for Linux, OS X and ESXi. For Windows, I have some Visual Studio project files which I didn't publish, but basically using some vanilla settings should build a working exe.