- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts

Working on a new boot CD to sort some of these issues out but i have no way to contact newcom at all

O RLY

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Thanks Hagar! i tried to send but it said NO GO!

Jaykob

Jaykob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
First of all thanks for the great work!
I have some questions, though.

Is the DSDT.aml from the Boot CD for the 210M the newest one with all the fixes? If not could somebody please post a link to it?
Another question concerning the speed stepping: I'm currently on 10.6.3 and it doesn't seem to work. VoodooMonitor shows always the highest frequency and voltage, the temperature is at 45°C when idle, so not too bad though.
The 10.6.5 update isn't working so I should go for 10.6.4 and see if something changes, right?

I only have the AppleACPIPS2Nub, fakesmc and PlatformUUID kexts in my Extra folder and removed the Preboot.dmg. In S/L/E I have VoodooHDA, VoodooSDHC and VoodooMonitor. Is that OK?

Except of the speed stepping everything seems to work, including sleep and webcam. I'm going to replace the Intel wifi with a broadcom one soon so that I finally have internet on this beautiful machine.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
the files in extras are wrong, your not ment to nick the files from the preboot.img! The files you need are in the Extra/ folder copy containts of that to your Extra folder in your SL install and remove the preboot.img file after.

The DSDT are in the folder DSDT on the CD pick the one you need and place that to the /Extras folder.

So remove the .kext files you have ATM in the extras folder and do the above.

Now in the Ultilites folder should be k7Helper use that and install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext via K7Helper then do a Disk Ultility Repair Permissions and it should work. I am working on a updated DSDT that should work on all Lenovo G550's thats the 105M 210M and X4500 versions so please bare with me.

Stuff in S/L/E is correct apart from your missing voodoops2controller.kext LOL

Artyom Usachev

Artyom Usachev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everybody! At first happy new year and thanks for the greate work that you've done.

I've installed the MacOS X (10.6.3) at my Lenovo G550 with video card intel GMA4500.
Now I have 90% working Hackintosh.

1. What kext I need to install to show properly my battery status (Now it's showing that battery always charge).

2. What kext I need to install to enable my webcam?

3. Also it would be greate if there is some solution for lan card.

regards
Artyom

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
First LAN will not work on MAC OSX it has been tried with several kext files it detects the Lan Card but doesn't work even i had a try at doing the driver and failed.

If you using Voodoo Battery make sure your upto date with Version 1.3.3.

Without knowing which version of the Webcam you have i can't help with that but there is a Islight kext file on this site that might help.

Other then that well done on getting yours to work. do know that the X4500 will no support QE/CI and native res is a hack job to do.

Artyom Usachev

Artyom Usachev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

First LAN will not work on MAC OSX it has been tried with several kext files it detects the Lan Card but doesn't work even i had a try at doing the driver and failed.

sad (

If you using Voodoo Battery make sure your upto date with Version 1.3.3.

Please give a link where I can download this. I've try to search it on kexts.com but I can find just http://www.kexts.com...oo_battery.html

Without knowing which version of the Webcam you have i can't help with that but there is a Islight kext file on this site that might help.

It's Lenovo EasyCamera. In Skype preference I can see Lenovo EasyCamera but if I calling then I can see just black sreen instead of some image.

Other then that well done on getting yours to work. do know that the X4500 will no support QE/CI and native res is a hack job to do.

Yes I know. I'm using Chamelon 2.0 RC4 with patch and now I have 1366x768.

Maybe my web cam doesn't work because of my video card? But video working (I can watch movies)

Jaykob

Jaykob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

the files in extras are wrong, your not ment to nick the files from the preboot.img! The files you need are in the Extra/ folder copy containts of that to your Extra folder in your SL install and remove the preboot.img file after.

The DSDT are in the folder DSDT on the CD pick the one you need and place that to the /Extras folder.

So remove the .kext files you have ATM in the extras folder and do the above.

Now in the Ultilites folder should be k7Helper use that and install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext via K7Helper then do a Disk Ultility Repair Permissions and it should work. I am working on a updated DSDT that should work on all Lenovo G550's thats the 105M 210M and X4500 versions so please bare with me.

Stuff in S/L/E is correct apart from your missing voodoops2controller.kext LOL

Thanks for the tipps but I don't quite understand why I should put all the kexts in if it works with only the above mentioned. I also removed most of the stuff in the com.apple.Boot.plist (the USBBusFix and so on) and it works great.
My only problem ist the CMOS reset which occurs almost every time also when shutting down correctly. So it would be cool if you could send me the the newest DSDT for the 210M if you have it, otherwise I will wait :)
Did you check if speed stepping works on your machine with VoodooMonitor?

Jaykob

Jaykob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I just found out that there is a new version ov VoodoPS2Controller: here

It works perfectly on my G550 with tapping, scrolling and everything! I installed the VoodooPS2 prefpane and the modified Trackpad prefpane that is linked later in the topic. Still have to experiment a bit with the settings as I'm not sure where to set speed and other stuff as there are 2 panes now...

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Thanks for the tipps but I don't quite understand why I should put all the kexts in if it works with only the above mentioned. I also removed most of the stuff in the com.apple.Boot.plist (the USBBusFix and so on) and it works great.
My only problem ist the CMOS reset which occurs almost every time also when shutting down correctly. So it would be cool if you could send me the the newest DSDT for the 210M if you have it, otherwise I will wait :rolleyes:
Did you check if speed stepping works on your machine with VoodooMonitor?

For now use Charmeleon RC5 it has a restart fix in that, the DSDT was done by some one on insanely mac with Auto Patcher how ever i am still checking the rest of the versions of the Lenovo G550 to make sure its compatitable.

Haven't checked speedstep just yet trying to make things perfect first.

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hey! Hacktrix2006

it's nice to see that this topic is active...

i just downloaded your DSDT from website ... i discovered that when you close Display *LID* and lenovo is conected on power source - you can not go to sleep =(

so here is the fix change your Device (LID0) section with code:

[codebox]Device (LID0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (LPOL) {}
Else
{
Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
}

Return (LPOL)
}

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x1B,
0x03
})[/codebox]

tested and working now :)

happy NY!

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Could you higlight what was changed!

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Could you higlight what was changed!

If (LPOL) {}
Else
{
Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
}

Return (LPOL)
}

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x1B,
0x03
}) _linenums:0'>evice (LID0) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D")) Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) { <strong class='bbc'>If (LPOL) {} Else { Notify (SLPB, 0x80) }</strong> Return (LPOL) } Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) { 0x1B, 0x03 })

see the bold part...

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Noticed just after you posted it with the bold., Oh well i have inserted that and it works nicely.

Just looking now for the App that i used to make the Boot CD and a copy of Package Maker for Mac OSX.

So thanks nomaj.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
With the help of the community i think we can now say we have a 95% working Mac OSX Lenovo G550 the Boot CD is now in the works some final testing of everything to do and a Installer with the files i have put together and we are on our way.

Problem is i need Package Maker used to have it but since lost it and its now download able anymore unless your a Dev.

Idea is to make a Install that will install everything for you and repair Permissions and install the bootloader.

If anyone could help me on that i'd be gratefull. I shell be working on a Theme for the Boot CD with Credit marked on it to thoughs that have help'd only fair.

I have manage to get the DSDT with help of everyone and a few tweaks later to just now be one File for all versions of the Lenovo G550. Hopefully Everyone will be happy and will enjoy what has been put together to make it easy for them to install Mac OSX!

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Noticed just after you posted it with the bold., Oh well i have inserted that and it works nicely.

Just looking now for the App that i used to make the Boot CD and a copy of Package Maker for Mac OSX.

So thanks nomaj.

no prob...

i also notice that kext in extra for camera is not needed on 210 model...
also function key and cursors up and down dont work for brightnes...

Somebody is asking for native speed step... i have it on my lenovo... working just fine...

i will test your DSDT for a while ... i have one my own - and compare it for eventual differences...

So thanks nomaj.

no prob...

Somebody is asking for native speed step... i have it on my lenovo... working just fine...

i will test your DSDT for a while ... i have one my own - and compare it for eventual differences...

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

no prob...

no prob...

The whole thing is for all versions hence the different kexts, Brightness will work if you sleep Mac OSX and wake it up not sure why it requires that before it works. Might be a DSDT issue or some kind of IRQ issue not sure.

I have found a copy of the Packagemaker i had so i will get to work on Building the installer and Boot CD.

puspem

puspem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hi hacktrick,

after upgrade to 10.6.5, i've found error when i want to change the network preferences, it won't load, even if itried to replaced with older network preference pane, also, my touchpad preferences were something like broken :( but the touchpad still works normally even if i using 2 fingers scroll.
may i loose hope?

anyone has made successfull update to 10.6.6?

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
10.6.6 update works

as for your issue try a repair permissions as they might of got screwed somehow, i didn't have this issue at all when i went from 10.6.4-10.6.5

Jaykob

Jaykob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I tried out the BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIInjector kext from here because with the BroadcomAppleBluetooth I wasn't able to turn Bluetooth off to save power.
With the injector kext it works together with the original IOBluetoothFamily kext. Only strange problem is that it creates a bunch of Bluetooth connections which you can see in the System Preferences by itself... It works when waking up from sleep most of the times, if not I just let it sleep again and after that it usually works again.
I tried InsomniaX and Caffeine because I also want to use the G550 at home with only an external monitor, keyboard, mouse and lid closed. I wasn't successful yet, it always wants to sleep when closing the lid :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy