iLenovo G550

178 posts in this topic

Strange, I also get around 60° when idling and my fan is always running. But that's also the case when using Windows 7. But I measure with iStat Menu, maybe that makes a difference? Have to try it with the other tool when I have time. I'm also not 100% sure if I have the RC5. The reboot fixed boot file is maybe older?

umm, latest read was in range of 60 to 80(heavy use) degress :wacko: also the cpu fan never stop working.... i've been use the RC5 with C&P generator, still there is no difference... my touchpad feels hot(when dvd inserted will doubles the HOT! ;) )

it is needed do something for cpu clock in smbios? i change the value based on my cpu speed?

hmmm... i have under windows 45'C but under osx 60'... Thats not right... it seams that c-states,p-states are not right..or maybe LPCB device not loaded correctly...

need to inspect that...

hmmm... i have under windows 45'C but under osx 60'... Thats not right... it seams that c-states,p-states are not right..or maybe LPCB device not loaded correctly...

need to inspect that...

Vibes glad to help out,

nomaj it all seems ok to me did you update to R700 as thats the version i am using now and that one ties into the same as windows temps.

Look on the DSDT Autopatcher topic for link for R700

hi hatrick, , this morning i bought the p8600, after the cpu installation the screen just blank when i tried to turn it on. what i need to do? do i need to do something with the bios? or my motherboard natively unsuported?i've trying using p8400, p7350, t7500.... still the no result, even if i tried to enter bios recovery mode :(

regards

*please answer me :( this is urgent

Yes i have noticed this bug but the latest version of the DSDT seems to work with brightness before sleep now so you will see soon when disc is fully made after tests have been done. It will be a 2 installer system one for bootloader and the other for the drivers.

hi guys,

first of all i want to thank you for your work.

i got a almost perfect hackintosh running with my G550.

But there is one issue whats driving me nuts.

i cant get the hackintosh to show a correct status of the battery.

I tried different versions of voodoobatteery.kext but without succeed.

With the latest version of the kext the status of my battery is always

showed as "100% charged".

hope there will be a detailed guide soon , or the new boot cd^^.

I dont know that to do?

thx

hi guys,

first of all i want to thank you for your work.

i got a almost perfect hackintosh running with my G550.

But there is one issue whats driving me nuts.

i cant get the hackintosh to show a correct status of the battery.

I tried different versions of voodoobatteery.kext but without succeed.

With the latest version of the kext the status of my battery is always

showed as "100% charged".

hope there will be a detailed guide soon , or the new boot cd^^.

I dont know that to do?

thx

Boot Rev CD will have a patched ACPIPlatform.kext install from bin9 which works wonders my battery meter is now more reliable so get ready to download the beta from the site tonight after i have uploaded it from finishing testing.

It will take a while to upload it to the site after all its 200MB+ in size but has everything you need to install Mac OSX 10.6.3 update and boot from hard disc!

Glad you liked the files but i just put them together credit goes to them whom made the files and the OSX86 scene!

Redo the thermal paste then buddy on CPU and GFX!!!!! that will help it sounds like yours is cooked!

Hmm I'm not so keen doing this because I don't want to lose my warranty yet as my machine is only about 1/2 year old... Would a special spacer pad be needed as I have the G210M GPU?

I first want to compare it with temperatures in windows. Which tool did you use there to measure the temps?

iStat indicates that my CPU does speedstepping. It goes down to 1200MHz and 0.93V. Are these values right for a T6600? Is there any possibilty do use custom p- and c-states? Because I would try undervolting then as this was very successful with my last notebook (pentium M).

I experienced KPs with IntelCPUMonitor so I use IntelThermal now. However with IntelCPUMonitor I was able to set the correct TjMax in the Info.plit. It was recognized as 105, however for the T6600 90 should be the correct value. With IntelThermal it stays at 105, no matter what I set in the Info.plist. But this value should only change the calculation of the temperature, right?

On my p8600 CPU my temps are now reading 41c on idle but i also have the same bug. you can look for a program called P-States Calc which will allow you to edit the DSDT and hard code in the P states to what you want. as for GFX i have no reading on that.

The KP's does that stop after you remove IntelCPUMonitor?

I get that sometimes but since i have made Boot CD rev 2 i have been working on solving that issue. If you get KP just do a -f -v -c and it should work its to do with voodoohda and fakesmc but i have recompiled them and soon will release the new Boot-CD's. But what i need is some one to dump the video rom from a Nvidia 105M.

So Far i have had no KP's with Slices bootloader modded from maklort's branch and will also be posting the files for that with a readme as i can't build a pkg from it as it errors out.

• 1 month later...

hi hatrick, sorry 4 my abcenses since i had to go to outer island of my country.

how can i dump video rom of 105M in mac?

i dont have dual os like yours. also im havent yet try your 2nd release, but i still wait for next perfect release.

this is current dsdt i was used for, sometimes when i turn my g550 on battery power will result of random KP. also i swithced to hibernate only, i cannot using safesleep since changed the bootloaders to newer version (R700).dsdt.aml.zip

I get that sometimes but since i have made Boot CD rev 2 i have been working on solving that issue. If you get KP just do a -f -v -c and it should work its to do with voodoohda and fakesmc but i have recompiled them and soon will release the new Boot-CD's. But what i need is some one to dump the video rom from a Nvidia 105M.

So Far i have had no KP's with Slices bootloader modded from maklort's branch and will also be posting the files for that with a readme as i can't build a pkg from it as it errors out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! I've succesfully installed SL 10.6.3, all functional except native resolution....

I have:

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0009

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Is there any way to change the resolution? I've tried with "graphics mode=1336x768x32" but didn't work:(

and I didn't found any kext...

Yes thats already been included on the ilenovo g550 Bootcd. It works well.

Hi! I've succesfully installed SL 10.6.3, all functional except native resolution....

I have:

Display:

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Is there any way to change the resolution? I've tried with "graphics mode=1336x768x32" but didn't work:(

Sounds like you have a X4500 Intel card which is not supported no Mac OSX how ever update chameleon to the latest version should help.

I have:

Display:

I am using http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=49918 (soft cursor) with native resolution on the same version of G550 (bought at Office Depot)

Redo the thermal paste then buddy on CPU and GFX!!!!! that will help it sounds like yours is cooked!

I followed your suggestion having noticed that my warranty has already vanished. Not only was the thermal paste cooked but I also found out that there was a rather huge gap between heatpipe and GPU. I decided to cut a thin aluminium plate in the correct size and put it between heatsink and GPU with Arctic Silver 5 on each side. That did the trick and I now have temps usually around 40-50 °C with the fan spinning much lower or sometimes not at all. Thanks for the tipp!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found out two improvements in the last days and thought I should post them here. I'm running 10.6.8 with AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7. I've read about changing some _ADR to _UID in the PCI scope of the DSDT so that you can use the 10.6.8 PCI kexts but didn't try it yet.

1. Bad graphics performance with Nvidia G210m:

I always had bad graphics performance very easily noticeable when watching videos with Quicktime. Huge lagging! VLC was always OK. I would also notice it when I would activate hardware acceleration in the Flash settings and watching a 720 or 1080p video on youtube. I cam across the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (AGPM) in S/L/E. By deleting it the performance was really good, no more lags but the GPU got quite hot. It always runs on the highest power state without this kext. After reading this thread here (AGPM on Fermi laptop) I adopted the device ID in the AGPM kext to the ID of the G210m. Depending on what model you set in the SMBIOS.plist (I set it to MacbookPro6,2) you have to change the ID in the matching category in the Info.plist of the kext. I took the first one "Vendor10deDevice0a29" and changed it to "Vendor10deDevice0a74". You can also change the thresholds for the different power states there but so far I go with the legacy ones and I'm quite happy. Normal temperatures and no more lags! You can try the Dirt 2 demo out if you want :)

2. Kernel Panics caused by VoodooHDA

I randomly got KPs during boot caused by VoodooHDA. I got them pretty often, around 50% of boot attempts. I figured out that they were caused by VoodooHDA trying to initialize the Nvidia HDMI output. I changed the Info.plist of the VoodooHDA.kext to match the Conexant Hermosa chip of the G550. You don't have to put the IDs of the Conexant chip (Vendor ID 14f1, Device ID 5051) but rather the ones of the Intel controller (Vendor ID 8086, Device ID 293e). You need to change the key name from IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIMatch. So the entry in my Info.plist looks like this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x293e8086</string>

By this, only the Conexant Audio gets initialized and not the Nvidia HDMI audio which often leads to KPs in my case.

So they only thing still missing is the automatic switching between headphones and speakers. Oh and I took Slice's VoodooHDA. A strange thing that I noticed: Don't change the VoodooHDAVerboseLevel to 2, it resulted in KPs, too. I just set it to 1.

I'm really happy that I got rid of the KPs and no more lags. Besides of the missing auto switch a perfect machine now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I will have a look at this once i have repaired my Lenovo G550. As for the Fermi fix will also have a look. As i have been having bad performance on the GFX.

If this works i can try and make a Legacy kext for it. problem is i low on funds to repair my laptop atm LOL. I have the DVD-ROM all ready just need the HSF for the GFX CPU GFX Ram and GPU HDA sections after that i am back online.

as for the PCI Fix you can use npci=0x2000 in the com.apple.boot.plist or the charm one now which works without the kexts from 10.6.7 but battery is still a issue without them kexts.

Looking for fixes ready to test once back online with the laptop.