iLenovo G550

178 posts in this topic

tank you so much for your quick replay.I do what you said but it error again:

How did you manage to get that issue?. Seems to me that you didn't wipe the drive as the Drive must be in GPT format.

You need to Boot your Windows OS backup your data and redo the Windows install then Mac.

Please mac sure you used one key recovery before you touched the Drive with mac OSX as that is the only Recovery Software for the Laptop.

The other person asking about the 105 that should work without issues.

I have format drive c and reinstall the windows (windows XP) but it show the error again.

so

you know I have windows 7, burn a cd from BootCD.iso (iLenovo G550 Boot 132 CD) and burn a DVD of MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.3v1.1.dmg (Apple Mac OSX 10.6.3 Update V1.1) and update the bois.

I reboot my lenovo press F12 and select the optical drive and boot from the "boot 123 cd" after booting I change the CD to the DVD of "Apple Mac OSX 10.6.3 Update V1.1" and when I press F5 the boot from CD disappear and when enter and type "mach_kernel -f -v arch=i386" that error shown.

what should I do?which part cause errors?

thank you.

finally!! found some bcm4311+SL retail one :)

but, i made some mistake there,

some question need an answer please :)

1. i made mistake to install bios for 64bit-that i download from lenovo site, can i still follow the step?

2. my friend had same laptop, but he install the iatkos S3 (w/o BCM-wifi) he said that :

a. sleep system not works (using default dsdt+(vanilla/qoopz) kernel+NVenabler+AnVal loader)

b. 64bit booting will crush NVenabler

c. (random) kernel panic - when wifi switch on (still intel5100)

will that occur when using your method ? (i'm sure will not, but i just need reference)

3. it's ok to boot using boot132 + usb stick(not the dvd i bougth one)

i think that's all , please help me :hysterical:

very very much thanks for the answer

How did you manage to get that issue?. Seems to me that you didn't wipe the drive as the Drive must be in GPT format.

You need to Boot your Windows OS backup your data and redo the Windows install then Mac.

Please mac sure you used one key recovery before you touched the Drive with mac OSX as that is the only Recovery Software for the Laptop.

The other person asking about the 105 that should work without issues.

ssz1370 the 10.6.3 Combo Update is half a OS hence why you could be having this issue you have been having. You need a Retail copy I.E bought from apple store.

puspem you need the bios i had made for the Whitelist to be removed so you can change your wifi as 5100gn from Intel is not supported.

If you have a 64 bit os becareful with BIOS update as it is known by lenovo that 64bit Bios flashes normally bricks mobo (warning)

as for the rest all will work. I have a new DSDT in the works currently testing atm and a USB image in the works to for booting from.

thanks for quick reply,

but i managed to install the 2.53 bios from lenovo site, and it works normally,

so if i replaced the 5100 with 4311 will bring bricks result? and the only way is to flash the bios isn't it? :)

ssz1370 the 10.6.3 Combo Update is half a OS hence why you could be having this issue you have been having. You need a Retail copy I.E bought from apple store.

puspem you need the bios i had made for the Whitelist to be removed so you can change your wifi as 5100gn from Intel is not supported.

If you have a 64 bit os becareful with BIOS update as it is known by lenovo that 64bit Bios flashes normally bricks mobo (warning)

as for the rest all will work. I have a new DSDT in the works currently testing atm and a USB image in the works to for booting from.

No if you swap your Intel 5100AGN to broadcom it will not boot past BIOS due to the whitelist with the Error Unaurthorized, you need to use the bios on the first page to remove that whitelist to enable you to use a broadcom Wifi Card.

Just make sure you use the x64 version for 64bit OS and x32 for 32bit OS.

I have had e-mails from people i have bricked my laptop and they have used the wrong file for the OS.

Brother, so that mean I still must using the modified bios of yours? Not from lenovo site one?

No if you swap your Intel 5100AGN to broadcom it will not boot past BIOS due to the whitelist with the Error Unaurthorized, you need to use the bios on the first page to remove that whitelist to enable you to use a broadcom Wifi Card.

Just make sure you use the x64 version for 64bit OS and x32 for 32bit OS.

I have had e-mails from people i have bricked my laptop and they have used the wrong file for the OS.

Ok then, thanks for advice,

But when I tried to download from your wincrisis link, there's no sign of download/ maybe in my country had a limitation. Can you give me other link or here maybe?

Yep thats correct. Just download mine and Update over the top. Make sure you make a crysisrecovery bios flash pen to be on the save side.

Ok, flashin has done, switch 5100 to 4311 done too,installation goes well thanks very much for step details.

I want to ask,

Were your webcam works normally? Because it was detected but not working on mine :thumbsup_anim:

Also the 105 kext contains at cd make flash my lcd.... Any solution?

I'm not yet update to 10.6.4.

I just want to make sure my install goes well without KP. :blink:

Yep thats correct. Just download mine and Update over the top. Make sure you make a crysisrecovery bios flash pen to be on the save side.

puspem my Webcam works OTB, so yours should do just run ichat to test it or photobooth. As for the CMOS Reset i shell be Making a New Boot-132 CD just for the G550 with Nvidia 210M in for everyone on. Just need to get some free time to make the installer and the Readme file.

Dual booting with Windows time issue is simply fixed using Windows NTP.

Just keep trying to make clean install from your latest bootcd(18june) it can't load my trackpad. When installer done, I checked out that appleps2controller was nowhere and already replaced by applekeyHID + applemouse HID.

When I tried to remove and replace with voodoops2 kernel panic occur several times on reboot. Altough success on boot, keyboard just not works. any idea to resolve this?

puspem my Webcam works OTB, so yours should do just run ichat to test it or photobooth. As for the CMOS Reset i shell be Making a New Boot-132 CD just for the G550 with Nvidia 210M in for everyone on. Just need to get some free time to make the installer and the Readme file.

Dual booting with Windows time issue is simply fixed using Windows NTP.

You need to use the VoodooPS2 Controller bud!

If you get a Kernel Panic Remove AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from the extra's folder and then move VoodooPS2 to your /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) using Kexthelp7b

hi Hacktrix2006, very2 much thanks that i can make clean install up to 10.6.4

i use retail 10.6.3 - family pack

here my step to get neat installation (single boot- after patch the bios of course):

(you can remove this thread if it useless :D )

1. boot with lenovo G550 cd run with -f -v

2. install the OSX (using mouse to help :D )

3. install chameleon 2 RC4 V3 - reboot

4. boot to safe mode then copy extra folder from the preboot dmg - combined by extra folder itself

5. copy my 105M kext + PM45 dsdt

6. install the bootloader RC5 from the cd and remove AppleHDA kext

7. install voodooHDA kext with kext helper

8. install trackpad to both extra & S/L/E folders(for this will be use kext helper)

9. install pfix + lspci then repair permission using kext utiliy => reboot

10.in this state, my cpus temperature read as 80 to 90 degrees ;)

11. reboot in safe mode, i update => 10.6.4 then remove AppleHDA => reboot again

12. reboot in -f -v, completed my installation wtih 60 degress normally(add lizard : correct cpu clock+fsb) :D

still... cant get Lenovo EasyCamera get works, even if i uses Camtwist trick :)

Nice glad it works, as for the webcam i think the Cam is different to the one i have. Have you tried mac cam

i have tried it, but the result are not detected any camera

here my camera type :

USB High-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBEHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x3a3a

PCI Revision ID: 0x0003

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Bus Number: 0xfd

Lenovo EasyCamera:

Product ID: 0x0145

Vendor ID: 0x5986

Version: 14.10

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Bison Electronics Inc.

Location ID: 0xfd300000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

• 3 weeks later...

I succed to install snow leopard and all works perfectly but when the computer starts and after I select the leopard partition displays the following message(I have attached a photo).After I press any key system is loaded and everything is ok.which may be the problem?I mention that I copied only the files from the preboot.dmg to extra folder of snow leopard partition and I replaced the dsdt.aml with version for my video card(nvidia 210m).should copy all folder from the extra folder of cd boot including preboot.dmg?sorry for my English!

post-588554-1288614659_thumb.jpg

Here's a list of Kexts from Preboot:

AirPortEnabler.kext
   AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
   AppleACPIThermal.kext
   ApplePS2Controller.kext
   fakesmc.kext
   IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
   IOATAFamily.kext
   IONetworkingFamily.kext
   LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext
   LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
   LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext
   LegacyJMicronATA.kext
   NVEnabler.kext
   PlatformUUID.kext
   VoodooBattery.kext
   VoodooHDA.kext
   VoodooSDHC.kext

Now i have couple of questions:

0. Which of those kexts should work from Extra and which ones from S/L/E?

1. If i run IOATAFamily or IONetworkingFamily from Extra, do they override the ones in S/L/E?

2. Which of the Kexts in S/L/E have been violently killed by 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 Software Updates?

3. I guess with the latest Chameleon PlatformUUID can be safely removed because it's irrelevant?

4. Are the SATA disks really orange without IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector?

5. Is NVEnabler still necessary with the DSDT's for 105M and 210M?

6. Does X4500 supports QE/CI, or i'm asking too much?

Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Ok all but Voodoo kexts will work via /Extra on hard disc. the Voodoo kexts need to be in /S/L/E.

Now i'd remove the PS2 controller and replace with voodooPS2 kext.

As for NVenabler If you have a 210M use thge dsdt for 210M and remove NVenabler if you have 105M use enabler if you have X4500 from intel that will work without NVenabler but there is no QE/CI support for that.

As for orange disks, Some ICH9M's do have that problem hence why the kext for that was included.

10.6.4 update before rebooting remove applehda.kext and thats it.