[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on HP dvx Quad Core i7 QM

87 posts in this topic

Thank you Yehia Amer

Here what i did...

-[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cpus=1 busratio=12 -x

-after retail installatio boot back with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cpus=1 busratio=12 -x

-install combo update 10.6.3

-install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] : select under [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] √ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for unsupported cpu , select √ Disk Utilities

-reboot

- download and install extra from Empire EFI V1.085 R2 (if you can't boot in mac or your usb doesn't work after restart boot with Empire EFI V1.085 R2(everything work except graphics ) install extra and from Empire EFI V1.085 R2 and reboot )

You can find Empire EFI V1.085 R2 in previous page of this post Yehia Amer link it to me on page 2 of this post

(If you succeeded my opinion is to download carbon copy cloner and clone (or similar app) your disk to an empty external or 16gb usb for safety)

I didn't install any dsdt because i have no idea how. I tried to install the 1 that Yehia Amer attach in zip file with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but after a restart i received panic

Two more questions

1)which .plist is the best for our laptop? i use the imac (dv7t-3000 i7 720 qm pm55 230m 4gb ddr3 )

2)After 30-60 min of usage i have almost less than 500 mb of ram free, after i use iFreeMem i have 1.2-1.5 gb free Is this normal ? I tried parallels desktop and i went out of ram. a friend of mine with mac C2D use parallels with strong programs like autocad and works fine. Any suggestions i will appreciated

Thanks again

1) macbook pro 6,1

2) be sure that your ram is recognized well , use the AsereBLN bootloader or maualy edit the .plist

Restart computer with tonymacx86-P55BootCD

At Chameleon prompt, replace CD with your Mac OS X Install Retail DVD and press F5.

---

Hi, I have done everything correctly in step one( bios options, boot w. tonymac cd, and used retail version of snow leopard) but i am getting a kernel panic prompt(see attached)...

Any ideas?

i would greatly appreciate any feedback or ideas thanks so much!!!

---

I am working with a hp dv8t-1000 8gb ram, intel i7...

try using Empire EFI

I successfully entered the Installation wizard by using ( cpus=1 busratio=17 -x -f -v ) ,17 for core i5 430m ,

but after that the snow disk failed to install because it couldn't copy the files necessary .

anything besides that my Snow DVD may be damaged ?!!! ....

I successfully entered the Installation wizard by using ( cpus=1 busratio=17 -x -f -v ) ,17 for core i5 430m ,

but after that the snow disk failed to install because it couldn't copy the files necessary .

anything besides that my Snow DVD may be damaged ?!!! ....

if this message appear after coping files so it is normal, just proceed the steps , but if the DVD can't copy so you burn it wrong

Please someone try this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1460172 I think it would fix wifi not working. I'm gonna buy this laptop and having wifi working is crucial for me.

EDIT I see you're using an old version of voodoohda, please try the latest one http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355 I also think getting mic to work is just a matter of pin config.

i will try them as soon as possible

All right, I figured out the "EBIOS read error: Device timeout" error problem. The error was because I was booting from a USB external hard drive specifically. As soon as I used an eSATA external hard drive, I was back in action.

Now, I have proceeded with the guide up to STEP 3 and am wondering what I do with the remaining items in the "tonymacx86-snowleopard" folder, such as: boot, DSDT.aml, and the contents of the "System - Library - Extensions" folder. I haven't tried anything with boot or DSDT.aml, but as soon as I try to place the contents of the "System - Library - Extensions" folder into /System/Library/Extensions/ and try to repair permissions, everything locks up and I am unable to reboot back into Snow Leopard after having to restart the machine.

My main concerns are with the contents of that folder, are they needed or not? If so, are all the kexts needed? If not all are needed, then which ones are? Also, I have an idea what some of the kexts are for, but could someone enlighten me on there purposes?

I think that I have figured out that I need to delete AppleHDA.kext since I am using VoodooHDA.kext. Though, I am definitely confused on whether I need both Intel82566MM.kext and RealtekR1000SL.kext since I have a built in Realtek ethernet. Can anyone verify my presumptions and maybe even explain a little bit more for me.

Thanks in advance. :)

don't copy DSDT.aml it is still bugy

Please someone try this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1460172 I think it would fix wifi not working. I'm gonna buy this laptop and having wifi working is crucial for me.

EDIT I see you're using an old version of voodoohda, please try the latest one http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355 I also think getting mic to work is just a matter of pin config.

I tried that wifi kext to no avail. Sorry, unless I added it wrong or needed to add my devide id or something more complicated than just using Kext Helper b7. If anyone else can get it to work though, please let us know. Thanks.

Though, I am happy to report that I used the VoodooHDA-0.2.56 kext and I have my microphone working if I hook up a mic to the front microphone port. Though, the built in microphone does not seem to be working. I guess you win some and you loose some. lol

I tried that wifi kext to no avail. Sorry, unless I added it wrong or needed to add my devide id or something more complicated than just using Kext Helper b7. If anyone else can get it to work though, please let us know. Thanks.

Though, I am happy to report that I used the VoodooHDA-0.2.56 kext and I have my microphone working if I hook up a mic to the front microphone port. Though, the built in microphone does not seem to be working. I guess you win some and you loose some. lol

thanks for your feedback

1) what is your wireless device ??? :(

2) the microphone port is already working on the last VoodooHDA , the problem is the built in microphone

thanks for your feedback

1) what is your wireless device ??? :)

2) the microphone port is already working on the last VoodooHDA , the problem is the built in microphone

I have Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN. I even tried inputting the device id into the Info.plist, but that didn't seem to work either. Do you have any ideas?

Also, I have finally finished STEP 3, leaving the files: boot, DSDT.aml, and the contents of the "System - Library - Extensions" out of the equation and am successfully booting into my Hack-a-Mac, but only if I use the tonymacx86-P55BootCD-nv2xx CD. Since I am booting into an external eSATA drive, though, I have to use the Windows 7 boot loader to boot into the external hard drive so that I can even get to the PC EFI 10.1 boot loader since I don't want to use the tonymacx86-P55BootCD-nv2xx CD. As soon as I try to boot without it, I get to the PC EFI 10.1 boot loader just fine that way, but as soon as it tries to boot into Snow Leopard, it just reboots the computer.

I am back in Windows now, and I can't for the life of me figure out why I can only boot into my Hack-a-Mac hard drive with the tonymacx86-P55BootCD-nv2xx CD, but not with the PC EFI 10.1 boot loader. Thanks for anybody who can shed some light on the situation. :)

Another thing, I have the dv6t-2300 and I was wondering if anyone has found a compatible wireless card that works with that model. According to the HP website there are only four wireless cards that model will accept and they are part numbers 518434-001, 572509-001, 572520-001, or 593837-001. Does anyone know what the differences are or if any of them work with Snow Leopard? Mine personally is the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN, but I don't know what the part number for that one is to correspond. :P

yehia Amer do you mind telling me how you got the video card working with full QE/CI?

I have a booting hackintosh system updated to 10.6.3 with Legacy Kernel but my video is not working properly. I have a GT230M, Thanks in advance

Here's a clean, working DSDT. Insert your devices and will all work :)

Machine:

HP Pavilion dv6-2090er

IDT 92HD75B3X5 (VoodooHDA), Realtek RTL8168D/8111D, Broadcom BCM94312HMG(No working) 2 * 2048 DDR3 1333MHz, Nvidia GeForce GT230M 1024Mb, Seagate (ST9500530NS), DSDT, boot - Chameleon_2_RC5, OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (Build 10f58) (x32 & x64) + Windows7x64 (AHCI), Mac model MacBookPro6, 1 (smbios.plist)

DSDT.zip

Sorry for the English

Here's a clean, working DSDT. Insert your devices and will all work ;)

Machine:

HP Pavilion dv6-2090er

IDT 92HD75B3X5 (VoodooHDA), Realtek RTL8168D/8111D, Broadcome BCM94312HMG(No working) 2 * 2048 DDR3 1333MHz, Nvidia GeForce GT230M 1024Mb, Seagate (ST9500530NS), DSDT, boot - Chameleon_2_RC5, OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (Build 10f58) (x32 & x64) + Windows7x64 (AHCI), Mac model MacBookPro6, 1 (smbios.plist)

DSDT.zip

Sorry for the English

your have almost the same hardware like me the only different is the wireless card, i tried your DSDT but still gives me KP if i don't use CPUS=1 with the Vanilla Kernel

so i have some questions

1) do you use Vanilla Kernel, or a patched one

2) is this DSDT works with 10.6.3 (with 10.3.1 Kernel) or only 10.6.4

3) if you can say what exactly you do to the DSDT it will be great

4) your english is good :D

thx for your feedback, and hope you answer soon

your have almost the same hardware like me the only different is the wireless card, i tried your DSDT but still gives me KP if i don't use CPUS=1 with the Vanilla Kernel

so i have some questions

1) do you use Vanilla Kernel, or a patched one

2) is this DSDT works with 10.6.3 (with 10.3.1 Kernel) or only 10.6.4

3) if you can say what exactly you do to the DSDT it will be great

4) your english is good :ninja:

thx for your feedback, and hope you answer soon

1) I use vanilla kernel (not board) -10.6.4. In com.apple.Boot.plist: cpus = 1 busratio = 12

2) DSDT works with 10.6.0 - 10.6.4

3) In the DSDT, I just removed all that Lights when compiling

p.s My DSDT not you just embed it for review!

to look for differences with their DSDT and change its + to register their devices - video, audio, USB, SATA ....

1) I use vanilla kernel (not board) -10.6.4. In com.apple.Boot.plist: cpus = 1 busratio = 12

2) DSDT works with 10.6.0 - 10.6.4

3) In the DSDT, I just removed all that Lights when compiling

p.s My DSDT not you just embed it for review!

to look for differences with their DSDT and change its + to register their devices - video, audio, USB, SATA ....

1) using "cpus=1" makes the System use only one core of the CPU, so this is not a good news :ninja:

that's why we use a patched kernel (for more info see this link HP insyde bios CPUS=1 fix, that's the kernel fix

to make sure if all the core are working or not

[*] Go to /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor

[*] press on the application icon right click

[*] choose monitors then floating cpu window then vertical

[*] if you see all the cores but only one working (you are having my problem )

if you see all the cores and they are all working (green indicators in all the 8 cores you are a lucky man )

Don't forget to give me a feedback

I've seen it, but, unfortunately, do not know how to use it. :D

Could you throw me to the boards of the kernel?

Thanks

My mail - taptun@gala.net

i added a link to the patched kernel in the first post after the lapic fix, but it is for 10.6.3 i don't know if it will work with 10.6.4 or not

do you tried booing without "CPUS=1" with the vanilla 10.6.4 kernel ???

if it gives you KP please send a picture of it to me

Hi,

I have dv8t (Full HD, 500GB HDD and 8GB RAM).

I tried Legacy Empire EFI v108 method. No go. I got the Empire EFI menu and also got the Snow Leopard Install DVD icon. Pressed ENTER and it wrote some text (...extensions.kext) on the white background (couldn't figure out what it is writing) and then stopped with blank screen. I had to switch it off and on to get to Windows 7.

Btw, dv8t came with F.15 BIOS rev. I upgraded to F.21 with no issues. Windows 7 was able to boot w/ no issues at all. Also, my system comes with 8GB RAM.

Then, I tried the regular Empire EFI v108, v1.085 and still no go.

Finally, I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported 2.0 and it gave me this:

"You need to restart your computer...".

I think this thread gives me some hope. Do I need to try the tutorial listed here?

Please help.

Thanks.

I tried the steps described in the first posting in this thread by using tonymacx86-P55BootCD and got to the Chameleon boot menu, inserted Snow Leopard DVD, pressed F5 and when launching the DVD, it wrote several entries on the screen and finally gave a kernel panic. I have attached the panic screen.

Please help.

post-607801-1276269328_thumb.jpg

I tried the steps described in the first posting in this thread by using tonymacx86-P55BootCD and got to the Chameleon boot menu, inserted Snow Leopard DVD, pressed F5 and when launching the DVD, it wrote several entries on the screen and finally gave a kernel panic. I have attached the panic screen.

Please help.

try booting with those boot flags: "cpus=1" and "maxmem=1024"

without quotes

Thanks.

I'm using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported 2.0 and tried the following flags suggested elsewhere:

cpus=1 busratio=12 fsb=133.

I was able to go past the apple logo and the spinning wheel. Beyond that, I got the purple space logo and a grey rectangle in the middle. I blindly pressed ENTER and the screen is very slow and not responding to clicks or keyboard clicks immediately. Also, the screen is cut in pieces.

I also tried appending maxmem=1024. No go. Same slowness.

Please help.

post-607801-1276286050_thumb.jpg

i have Model : HP Pavilion dv6-2153el

CPU: 1.6 GHz QuadCore i7-720QM (SB:PCH Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55, NB:Intel Lynnfield IMC)

RAM: 4GB DDR3

GFX card:GeForce GT 230M, 1GB PCI-E

Sound: IDT 92HD75B3 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [111D-7603]

Wirless:Broadcom 43225AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n [14E4-4353

i use i tonymac86 i boot cd, and i was able to install Snow leopard on external usb pen drive.

when i boot again(with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd) to make snow leopard start from the usb , i can see the simbol of apple(and also the win logos of internal hard disk ) but every time i try to use , with every option like busratio=12 cpus=1 -v -x always i get a kernel panic, somenthing like that

npvhash=4095

Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Feb 26 11:57:13 PST 2010; root : xnu-1.4.3.12-1/RELEASE_X86_64

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000053f400): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"0/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1584.3.12/io

kit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert .cpp:1389

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address

0xffffff80577f3ce0 : 0xffffff0000204b99

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:

not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Feb 26 11:57:13 PST2010; root:xnu-15

System uptime in nanoseconds: 158933009

i really don't know what to do, if someone can help me i will appreciate

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a HP laptop DV8 1150el with hm55 Intel motherboard and Intel Core i7 720QM.

I downloaded the Cdboot EMPIRE EFI bootloader (version) and I started the computer. The boot works correctly and I'm able to install without problems. I enclose the dmesg of the boot.

At the next reboot I get an error on the hard disk cache. I've read in the forum that it's possible to work it around putting -force64 as boot parameter.

picture1cf.th.jpg

Forcing the boot til 64bit I get a flood of APIC errors and kernel panic on CPU. Setting cpus = 1, at the boot the computer starts and it rarely crashes. Another problem noticed with boot in 64bit is that there are some errors in the recognition UIM of the USB ports: only 2 out of 4 ports work. During the installation (32bit) all 4 ports work perfectly.

Another problem is that my network card is recognized as airport instead of ethernet, but it works fine both in 32bit and in 64-bit.

I attach the boot screen in 64bit and dmesg (Add here piucture2).

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Bye, Keres.

dmesg.install.txt

yehia Amer, Hello!

That made the sound on the basis of AppleHDA (in the archives for 10.6.0 - 10.6.4), and enclose more DSDT - all spelled (sleep, restart, shutdown - everything works) :)

Model : HP Pavilion dv6-2090er

IDT 92HD75B3 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [111D-7603]

AppleHDA+DSDT

Now there are 2 problems :P

- WiFi (14e4&4315)

- SD reader (working only x32)

Hello Yehia Amer and all,

Just wanted to thank Yehia Amer for all of his great work and support. This thread has helped me resolve issues with my new system. I had a Sony VAIO VPCF115FM/B and went to a lot of trouble creating very detailed guides and a customized boot CD for it, only to discover Sony implements proprietary hardware and drivers that make OS X impossible to access the display at full resolution or with CI/QE. : ( So I sold it on eBay and got an HP DV8t.

I didn't want all my hard work to go to waste, so I ported everything over and started my new thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221653

At the bottom of my thread, I have a link to this (Yehia Amer's) thread, plus many other related threads. My thinking is the more people we get working together, the sooner and better we can get our DVx laptops as close to 100% as possible.

Mammoth

hi, i just installed snow leopard on a dv6 2044el with the patched kernel, all seems working except the backlight control, my pc has a nvidia 230m card, any suggestion ? (i tried hex backlight but when the kext is loaded a kernel panic happens.)

thanks

yehia Amer, Hello!

That made the sound on the basis of AppleHDA (in the archives for 10.6.0 - 10.6.4), and enclose more DSDT - all spelled (sleep, restart, shutdown - everything works) :)

Model : HP Pavilion dv6-2090er

IDT 92HD75B3 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [111D-7603]

AppleHDA+DSDT

Now there are 2 problems - the kernel (boot with the cpus = 1,

as when using the legacy_kernel - CPU unknown and many programs do not work) and WiFi :)

good work , but what about built in mic ????!!!

Hello Yehia Amer and all,

Just wanted to thank Yehia Amer for all of his great work and support. This thread has helped me resolve issues with my new system. I had a Sony VAIO VPCF115FM/B and went to a lot of trouble creating very detailed guides and a customized boot CD for it, only to discover Sony implements proprietary hardware and drivers that make OS X impossible to access the display at full resolution or with CI/QE. : ( So I sold it on eBay and got an HP DV8t.

I didn't want all my hard work to go to waste, so I ported everything over and started my new thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221653

At the bottom of my thread, I have a link to this (Yehia Amer's) thread, plus many other related threads. My thinking is the more people we get working together, the sooner and better we can get our DVx laptops as close to 100% as possible.

Mammoth

Great Work Mammoth , now we got the kernel problem , if it is solved by the boot loader every thing else will be easily solved

thanks again for that great guide :)

hi, i just installed snow leopard on a dv6 2044el with the patched kernel, all seems working except the backlight control, my pc has a nvidia 230m card, any suggestion ? (i tried hex backlight but when the kext is loaded a kernel panic happens.)

thanks

:( nobody with this problem? please help me.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very very much for the post, I will try it in a few days once i get the retail disks. Do you know if this will work if i put the disks on a large usb flash drive rather than a dual layer disk? I don't actually have any dual layer disks?

Thanks