[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on HP dvx Quad Core i7 QM

87 posts in this topic

Thank you very very much for the post, I will try it in a few days once i get the retail disks. Do you know if this will work if i put the disks on a large usb flash drive rather than a dual layer disk? I don't actually have any dual layer disks?

Thanks

it is very recommend to use the original Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail disk

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Yehia Amer,

thanks for your guide!

2 questions :

1) Have you got graphics working with qe&ci? I have a dv8-1150el

I am asking because i can't have QE&CI enabled without having my system freezing all the time!

And i didn't find any enabler for that, just dsdt injection and it freezes the system after a few minutes! Removing such dsdt hack all seems fine.

2)Can you also explain us other fixes to make hp peripherals working under osx ? It would be great if you explain also how to fix dsdt not only for the errors in compiling but also for the other stuff , to let our hp work like a true mac.

Thanks!

Mal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My laptop configuration is

hp DV6 3050

i7 processor

4 gb Ram

1gb grphics card of ATI radeon

can i intsll mac on this configuration ......Any problem with 64 bit operating sysytem......plz give me suggestion i have to install on my laptop .......thnk u for giving time.

• 1 month later...

Yehia Amer, I've been following your post for a week now. I have successfully installed Snow Leopard using your bootcd you created. THANK YOU!

Now I want to ask you about the status of your DSDT. You posted the DSDT.dsl file not compiled and how did you get the DSDT.aml?

The one guy who maintained iasl simply helped you commented out the errors so iasl could still compile. how did you compile it with the errors? I did the same thing following your way how to patch your DSDT and where you got 8 errors, i got 10 errors. It turns out that our laptops are very similar, if not, the same. It's remarkable how the linux community is getting into the craze created by the MSFT compiler giving us bad DSDT. Will you send me your aml? Or is it already included in your bootcd? Thanks

• 4 months later...

I have hp pavilion BEATS DV6-6022TX

Spec :

Model hp pavilion BEATS DV6-6022TX

CPU Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.0GHZ~2.9GHZ, 6MB L3 Cache, 1333MHZ FSB)

Chip Mobile intel HM65 Express Chip

Graphic AMD Radeon HD6770M,1GB GDDR5 VRAM

Display 39.6cm(15.6) HD(1366*768) LED

Memory 8GB 1333MHZ DDR3

H.D.D 1TB sata-5400rpm

Yea, post installation is quit easy, but who know further.

Welcome to any idea, it's really helpful for me.

You just need NawCom's Boot CD + 10.6.3 Retail DVD Image.

I'll update to 10.6.8 as followings.

http://osx86.tistory.com/1133

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello i have an HP DV6 2110ea - the intel i7 230qm, 4gb ddr3 ram nvidia 1gb gfx.

when i wish to install osx, using any flavour ,PCI, hazard, hotfix, iAkos

i can boot into the installation and install successfully ( to do this i have to type -x -v busratio =20 cpus=1)

, however when it forces the reboot at the end of installation, chameleon comes up but rather than booting osx, it just gets stuck at system uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxxxx.

if i boot in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] And select boot from hdd, it brings up invalid front bus side freq:45hz

what can i do, not to mention it wont even boot into the retail installation dvd.

can someone with a successful fresh install make an image of their HDD and post it to a website, eg in parts through win rar.