G5 to ATX Front I/O Cables

enjoyfebruary

540 posts in this topic

Here you go.

These are 30" cables, same as the original ones posted (all credit goes to donthroworanges) with 18" being braided and 12" being on each individual connector.

You'll notice that I put a small white dot on the cable of the USB connector to notate USB +5V and help you put it in the right orientation on your motherboard header. I also put a dot on one of the single leads to notate POWER BUTTON+.

I may make a cable tester if this becomes a habit, because testing each individual pin is time consuming. If you put together a small circuit with 18 LED's and a mb header pin you could very easily test this finished cable. For now a continuity meter will have to do.

Anyway, enjoy.

I can start shipping as soon as I get email addresses to send paypal invoices to and addresses to figure shipping costs.

Don't worry, if all 9 sell out I'll make another batch for the group. I know they are wanted and I already invested in the damn tools.

I think so far I got a private email for 4.

-Peter

2010-11-30233106.jpg

2010-11-30233143.jpg

2010-11-30233215.jpg

2010-11-30233313.jpg

2010-11-30233540.jpg

hey where can i buy this cable? please tell me is there on ebay ?

how many connector did you use for firewire

sound 4

usb 5

power and led 2

firewire ?

hakan, the firewire uses 7 wires. You can PM me your info or paypal me at ptchan5@gmail.com. Go back through the thread and you'll see the costs plus shipping; depending on if you are in the US or international.

AlohaCab

UPDATE (2nd Batch):

All the cables are made for the 2nd batch. I'm just waiting on two items that were incorrectly shipped: 1) polarizing plug for the end of the Audio and Firewire 10 pin connector, 2) 1x1 connector instead of 2x1 connector for power LED and button wires.

* If the above 2 items are not important to you (cable will function exactly the same) and you can't wait a couple more days for the replacement parts to arrive, then I can ship your cable now. PM ME IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. *

Thanks,

AlohaCab

UPDATE

Still waiting on the plugs and 1x1 connector. Didn't come in the mail today...Darn it! I'll keep everyone posted.

**IMPORTANT**

An issue came up where I sent a cable to someone and they didn't receive it. The problem was that I shipped it to the address listed in the paypal payment confirmation as the "Shipping Address" despite what was PM'd to me.

I want to make it clear that I'm not a store or in the business of making specialized cables. I'm just an enthusiast that is willing to help out the community and make a little bit for my time and effort.

I use paypal because there is some seller protection (yes, there are still bad people out there). But in order to be covered by the protection, one of the requirements is that I ship the item to the address listed on the transaction details.

Please DO NOT PM me a different address or instructions. Update your paypal shipping address before you send payment. I cannot be held responsible for lost cables if I shipped it to the address on your paypal payment instructions. I'm having a hard enough time keeping track of who paid and who was first, let alone PM'ing everyone to double check if this is the right address before shipping. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but please help me out a little bit. It's a lot of effort to make the cable, box the cable, go down to the post office and ship the cable.

Thanks everyone...I'm working as fast as I can.

AlohaCab

Snackole, I'm only saying that your last communication with me was your payment. When I received the payment the listed "shipping address" on the details of the payment was where I shipped it. I didn't even remember you PM'd me a different address. You can imagine how many emails I've gotten with questions, PM's for "where do I pay" and "how much is it" and "will you ship to Australia" etc etc.

I'm not placing blame, I'm only reminding everyone that when all the cables are ready to ship, I am referring to my paypal account to see who has paid and then I'm looking to the paypal transaction detail that says "SHIPPING ADDRESS" and shipping it there. I then fill out a shipping label with that address and drive to the post office.

I apologize if there was a miscommunication on your address, but I shipped the cable to an address that I felt was where you wanted it shipped since it was provided to me with the payment.

RESOLUTION (Pick one)

1. I will refund half your money, because I feel the miscommunication was half your fault and half mine

2. I will send you another cable at a discounted price for the miscommunication

3. We do nothing and you stay unhappy and I get a reputation for poor communication (my wife wouldn't argue with this one)

Sorry this is on the forum instead of PM. But it's important that everyone know the procedure I'm using to ship these cables.

AND for such a cool cable, no one should be unhappy. I'm sure we can resolve this.

Hey Guys

For what it's worth here's my take. This is about each of us taking responsibility and not laying blame as all that will happen is that people will fall out, no cables arrive and general unhappiness all round. AlohaCab has done a great job making these cables for us, I tried making one myself and it took b***** hours. It is our responsibility as Paypal users to make sure that our listed / delivery address is up to date, period. Thats what the address is for.

Hey Guys

For what it's worth here's my take. This is about each of us taking responsibility and not laying blame as all that will happen is that people will fall out, no cables arrive and general unhappiness all round. AlohaCab has done a great job making these cables for us, I tried making one myself and it took b***** hours. It is our responsibility as Paypal users to make sure that our listed / delivery address is up to date, period. Thats what the address is for.

Agreed, everyone just needs to take the time to fully understand the transaction. Alohacab is doing us a solid putting these together. Lets keep them coming in a positive manner.

Merry Christmas all!

Great news! Parts came in the mail today. I'll ship out 2nd batch of cables tomorrow. I'll verify with a post on who I'm shipping to, so you know whether you made the 2nd or 3rd batch. I'll try and turn around the next few as fast as I can so I can ship them before Friday. I've got all the parts now for the 3rd batch as well.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for everyone who paid in advance.

AlohaCab

Snackole, you'll definitely go out tomorrow since yours was screwed up initially.

Great news! Parts came in the mail today. I'll ship out 2nd batch of cables tomorrow. I'll verify with a post on who I'm shipping to, so you know whether you made the 2nd or 3rd batch. I'll try and turn around the next few as fast as I can so I can ship them before Friday. I've got all the parts now for the 3rd batch as well.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for everyone who paid in advance.

AlohaCab

Snackole, you'll definitely go out tomorrow since yours was screwed up initially.

Could I join the list to buy one of your G5 Front I/O cables when you make the next batch? I'd greatly appreciate it :P

I tried PMing you but apparently you're very popular as your entire inbox is full!

2nd Batch Shipped!

blu3_v2

xElliot

bigj425

snackole

teme

hightechdave

lexo

spazsui

dgsga

Thanks everyone, I'm preparing the 3rd batch now. Based on payments, I should have extras.

Btw, my fingers are killing me! I hate the little apple connectors, they are tiny. :blink:

AlohaCab

Thanks everyone, I'm preparing the 3rd batch now. Based on payments, I should have extras.

Btw, my fingers are killing me! I hate the little apple connectors, they are tiny. ;)

AlohaCab

Payment sent! Hopefully your fingers will get some rest soon, their handiwork is very much appreciated!

Awesome! You are the man! Just to let you know, and I'm sure you've been told this already, but your hardwork is greatly appreciated by all on the forum! Probably more than you will ever know. Thanks again!

2nd Batch Shipped!

blu3_v2

xElliot

bigj425

snackole

teme

hightechdave

lexo

spazsui

dgsga

Btw, my fingers are killing me! I hate the little apple connectors, they are tiny. :)

AlohaCab

speeding_ant, your cable just went out today.Thanks!

As soon as I make one, I'm going to try and get it out to individuals instead of waiting for the whole batch to get done. Hope that helps everyone mod for the holidays!! hahahaha. I know I am. :)

AlohaCab

speeding_ant, your cable just went out today.Thanks!

As soon as I make one, I'm going to try and get it out to individuals instead of waiting for the whole batch to get done. Hope that helps everyone mod for the holidays!! hahahaha. I know I am. :)

AlohaCab

Paypal your way on the 19th. Hope to see cable soon.

UPDATE

Ok, finishing up 3 cables tonight.

I'll ship the following tomorrow:

Luizsky

iWire

tekm

AlohaCab