Sound with Intel/ Conexant High Definition Audio?

BuXb

139 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
here the installer for Conexant HD Audio 945x chiped,

the installer wil backup your old kext to /backups in ur root

it has been tested and worked and sory still output only

Works Brilliantly!!!

thank you so much!

now i can spend hours on my HP pavilion dv5237cl mixing tracks on garageband!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to say Thanks, this forum has been a big help. Thanks to the Conexant HD Audio.pkg I now have audio from the internal speakers. Headphone jack doesn't work however and I haven't tested the mic but assume from what people have been saying it won't work.

I'm using a hp dv2175ea, and would love to hear if anyone gets the headphone socket working.

everyone here seem to have ven:14F1 dev:5047

mine is ven:14F1 dev:5045

i was wondering in the pkg that you put up is there a way for me to change the ID part of it to mine.

thank a million

i use a driver for my conexant and it is working, but everytime when a sound will begin, the speakers make strange noises. if the sound lasts longer, this noise will disappear and i can hear music for example.

but if it is just a system or messenger sound, the speakers do not give the sounds properly.

maybe i use an old driver version, i dont know.

i was sent an installer to check out, but probably this is not the newest.

any idea where to get the newest driver from??

thanks a lot.

by the way:

as you can see from my signature, i am using benq r55 with conexant audio inside!

thanks guys

i use a driver for my conexant and it is working, but everytime when a sound will begin, the speakers make strange noises. if the sound lasts longer, this noise will disappear and i can hear music for example.

but if it is just a system or messenger sound, the speakers do not give the sounds properly.

maybe i use an old driver version, i dont know.

i was sent an installer to check out, but probably this is not the newest.

any idea where to get the newest driver from??

thanks a lot.

by the way:

as you can see from my signature, i am using benq r55 with conexant audio inside!

thanks guys

Same problem here, but hey sound is better than no sound. Does anyone else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Same problem here, but hey sound is better than no sound. Does anyone else have this problem?

I had it with the AzaliaAudio kext. I installed the Conexant HD audio kext I found somewhere on these boards (maybe this tread?) And that has gone away.

this is for the person who gets an error msg in startup

I also got the same msg while i did all the stuff you did

but then i gotta idea to work it out

i entered into system/library/extension/

then i deleted AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

then i gone to root path and then i gone to Library/reciept (remember the path and dont confuse with system/library its not the path i told)

then i erased pkg file for all the audio config i tried example sigmatel.pkg, AppleHDinput.pkg, etc (remember only audio config pkg file ok)

i also erased the Conexant.pkg file which they gave and i gone to utilty and had a repair permission and then i verified it.

Now i intalled the Conexant.pkg file which you guys gave and then restarted, now i didnt get the error file but i got worked only in speaker and not it headphone jack or SPDIF and mic too.

Iam happy with what you gave guys thank you thanks a lot after a day hard work i found the solution because of you guys and the forum

and iam waiting for a help to utilize my headphone jack and mic and spdif jack if i got it ill be very happy

Bye

I had it with the AzaliaAudio kext. I installed the Conexant HD audio kext I found somewhere on these boards (maybe this tread?) And that has gone away.

please help me find that file. I have the same problem as you did and cannot find it. If you can, email it to dmitrygr@gmail.com. Thank you in advance.

for Toshiba users: Toshiba is using absolutely proprietary Memory and IO-ranges for the Intel PCI bus which are set quite solid in the BIOS, that's why Intel/Conexant HD Audio or LAN/WLAN are not working here. Not even an original Apple MiniPCIe WiFi card is working here!

In order to get sound and LAN + WLAN working we would have to hack the BIOS. Attempts have been made, but it is waayy to dangerous to hack the BIOS because it can render the Laptop totally unusable.

The other method would be to recode Apple's PCI and ACPI related kexts, but we cannot do that because they are not open source (some kexts are, but the ones we need aren't). It is NOT enough to simply edit some plists because some of the information we would need to alter is hardcoded in the binaryparts of the kexts.

In other words: we Toshiba users will most likely never have a fully working MacBook ..

thanks for everyone....

i am come from hong kong

i am using DV 2000 , AFTER INSTALL Conexant HD Audio THAT FILE.....

STILL NO SOUND FROM SPEARKER....

DOES ANYONE CAN TELL ME THE EASY WAY TO UNDERSTAND WHICH STEPS I MISS ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! I am a newbie n I am amazed at the work that u guys r doing.I installed one of the packages for conexant hd audio and my internal speakers are working but no sound from the spdif or the mic.Still thats quite a great thing for me.Thanks a lot for ur help guys, :( appreciate it.Keep rocking.

Kalyan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone this is my first post here and I just Wanna say i Love the JAS OS software its awsome.

But now to the real business I have an HP DV8000 Laptop and i Loaded the "Conexant HD Audio.pkg" to my Jas Os 10.4.9 and got very low audio. But i also noticed when i boot back into my WinXP i dont get any sound from either the internal speaker or the Headphone jack. Can any one help fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, everybody...

There's no fresh news for this audio chipset ?

Please I want to know if someone can try to develop a driver because on my "Wintosh", this is the only thing that do not work ;) ...In comparison, the topic for intel wireless is really active and progress everyday !!! :(

:D  Thanks by advance :D

Hello, everybody...

There's no fresh news for this audio chipset ?

Please I want to know if someone can try to develop a driver because on my "Wintosh", this is the only thing that do not work ;) ...In comparison, the topic for intel wireless is really active and progress everyday !!! :unsure:

:D Thanks by advance :D

If u will find a way to inject dsdt or at least the sources of all ACPI related kext then we're almost home. Now we cannot do anything more than wait. Sorry.

@ mik: I freed up my mailbox some days ago, so it works again. I applied the 4.0 BIOS update also some days ago but that didn't change anything in Mac OS. Did it for you? I detest it that they don't supply a change log. Did the BIOS update change anything for you?

@ whitehorse: the development is going on here. You will have to make a Codec Dump in Linux as described here and post it into the thread. From what I know Taruga has also started coding his own driver. He intends to try to also cover Conexant Layout Property IDs with his driver.

@ mik: I freed up my mailbox some days ago, so it works again. I applied the 4.0 BIOS update also some days ago but that didn't change anything in Mac OS. Did it for you? I detest it that they don't supply a change log. Did the BIOS update change anything for you?

I've tried both 4.00 and 4.10 updates. Nothing changed. I downloaded Phoenix BIOS Editor and try to figure out how to build the bios with other DSDT than the one provided. If I'll have any results I'll give you guys a shout. ATM it seems to be problem with syntax cause asl.exe from MS is complaining about some lines. Anyway I've found other way to make the trick but... I need to investigate further.

Cheers,

Mik