Sound with Intel/ Conexant High Definition Audio?

BuXb

139 posts in this topic

Hey everyone im new to this mac x86 i been lookin at this forum for about 2 days i ave a HP Pavilion dv8000 i almost download the mac os image ave any you guys got your sound working??

i have the conexant sound as well, hope it dose work

i still dont like it that my wireless card wont work on it tho :'(

Hope to talk wit you lot soon :pirate2:

I used a patch for Conexant HD Audio, and it worked, but after restart there was no sound. My permissions were correct and the kext was successfully loaded. After around 4days of the initial working of sound on mac, i loaded mac and my sound actually worked, and it stopped working after restart! This is quite a wierd phenomenon? Do you think there's a problem with the driver or something else? I'm jacksont123, and I'm dual booting windows and mac. I have a hp dv2040ca.

thx for the installer. Sound works for internal speaker, headphone output doesn't work.

btw, i noticed that the sound quality became very very bad in osx than windows. is there any way to improve the sound quality?

Hey Bugs, any luck with the Toshiba yet? I seem to have the same problem. I have a hp dv8000 and ive figured out that half the people with this laptop have had success and the other half hasnt. It gets a little irritating. :) I just dont know what to do anymore. I think ive tried just about every combonation out there in the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, but still no luck. O well, hopefully they will be able to fix our proplem with the AppleHDA project they are doing. If you have any success, please let us know. I am still willing to try different methods.

HP Pavilion dv8339us OSx86 10.4.8

usb - working

GeForce 7600 - working

ethernet - working

power managment - working

Conexant HD audio - not working :D

Edited by tprins228

Hi, i've got 10.4.8 installed on my dv2000 and like almost everyone else, no wireless or sound. I've tried the conexant HD Audio.kext that worked on 10.4.6 but it wont work on 10.4.8. any ideas? i'm on the verge of giving up and buying an iMic for usb audio.

if you had used my conexant package,

try removing the installer archieve in /Library/Receipt before reinstalling the package

Hey Bugs, any luck with the Toshiba yet?
No.
hey, got it working with Skippy's audio package
Hi tprins228, could you add a signature to your profile so we see your setup incl. hardware & OS?

[edit]oh well, there you posted some info about your setup ..

hey, got it working with Skippy's audio package
added the link to his thread right at the beginning of this thread's 1st posting. Edited by BugsBunny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, thanks for all the work on this crazy treasure hunt! Does anyone have audio on there hp laptops working?

I am not sure who is referring to what in this forum between manufacturers. Has anyone had any luck with their hp?

I know that input and mic are not going to work, just sound output through the speakers or headphone jack would be great!

Edited by cameron

Hi all, thanks for all the work on this crazy treasure hunt! Does anyone have audio on there hp laptops working?

I am not sure who is referring to what in this forum between manufacturers. Has anyone had any luck with their hp?

I know that input and mic are not going to work, just sound output through the speakers or headphone jack would be great!

Hi! Guys, I got a HP dv1680us, the audio card model same as yours, it is working find(speaker, line out), not line in, bulid in mic is not working; I used AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, seach the formum... good luck!

by the way, restart means shut down, anyone has a solution for it(10.4.8, 8.81).

Hi! Guys, I got a HP dv1680us, the audio card model same as yours, it is working find(speaker, line out), not line in, bulid in mic is not working; I used AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, seach the formum... good luck!

by the way, restart means shut down, anyone has a solution for it(10.4.8, 8.81).

Hi... I have a HP DV 2120la and my audio is a Conexant HD like your, but i only get a speaker output, i cant get hearphone... can you post your AppleAzaliaAudio.kext??? Sorry for my bad english...

• 4 weeks later...

I have a HP DV6205us. I tried skippyretard's kext and it worked (again only speakers) up to a point. Sound with Vlan player stuttered very badly and all seemed lost. I then tried Quicktime and the sound was okay but the picture juddered! On Mplayer the sound was okay but there was some mild vision tear. Watchable. Apple spot effects stutter too. Unless someone has a better solution I will revert to my USB soundcard. I should perhaps mention that I installed Jas 10.4.9 update and firewall patch before installing skippy's kext. No luck getting the network or wireless working, yet.

I am curious to know how you got the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to work, which tutorial you followed? Too many tutorials initially appear to give you a hands holding walk through and then suddenly assume that noobs will know what a lapse into techno speak means!

Same problem with HP dv2000t, same Conextant HD audio device.

I managed to get the os to "recognize" the hardware (added ven & dev id's to AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, removed AppleHDA.kext), the volume can now be adjusted, but there is no sound.

Did you ever figure this out ?

After using the installer package, worked fine on my HP dv2040ca, output only, controls were not functional however iTunes was playing fine. Upon reboot, however, controls are still present, but no sound is outputted. I will play around with this a bit more when I reboot back into OSx86.

Thanks for all the help so far, this forum is fantastic! Thanks to you guys I have Pro Tools running on a Mac installation on my HP laptop. Fan-frickin'-tastic. ;)

here the installer for Conexant HD Audio 945x chiped,

the installer wil backup your old kext to /backups in ur root

it has been tested and worked and sory still output only

Thanks a looooooooooooooooot woooow it is working with me thanks a lot lot my laptop is HP DV5242ea

thanks again you knwo i crashed my mac os x many times man just to make the sound works

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an HP DV2000 (DV2017ea) with the Intel Connexant HD audio.

On the Jas 10.4.7 install the audio works through the headphone jacks, but not from the speakers. However... sometimes it DOES work through the speakers! I don't know how or why, but occaisionally when I boot up it's fine and the speakers work. And then next time I reboot it doesn't work.

No idea why?

I have a HP DV6205us. I tried skippyretard's kext and it worked (again only speakers) up to a point. Sound with Vlan player stuttered very badly and all seemed lost. I then tried Quicktime and the sound was okay but the picture juddered! On Mplayer the sound was okay but there was some mild vision tear. Watchable. Apple spot effects stutter too. Unless someone has a better solution I will revert to my USB soundcard. I should perhaps mention that I installed Jas 10.4.9 update and firewall patch before installing skippy's kext. No luck getting the network or wireless working, yet.

I am curious to know how you got the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to work, which tutorial you followed? Too many tutorials initially appear to give you a hands holding walk through and then suddenly assume that noobs will know what a lapse into techno speak means!

I have the exact same model as you my friend! :P

Below are the instructions I got the Airport to work and you can then select your Wireless Network as well as surf the internet:

If you see the White Baseball Diamond next to your clock, then do the following in a Terminal:
sudo -s
Password: YourOwnPasswordNotWhatIAmTypingHere

nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Now, in nano, find this:

<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>

Change the en0 to en1

Find:
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>0</integer>

Change the 0 to 1

After the edits have been made, hit Ctrl + X
It will ask if you want to Save Modified Buffer, hit Y
It will ask you what filename you want to save it to, just hit Enter as your filename is already there

Reboot and after your reboot, click on that Baseball Diamond, go to Configure it and upon opening, it will detect your "AirPort".

Enjoy!

As for your sound, I know it is somewhere in the search but I found a "Conexant HD Audio.pkg" file and ran that. The speakers work but the audio jacks in the front do not, even if they are plugged in. The Mute and the Volume next to that work fine. If I play some audio in iTunes, the audio gives a split second of choppy and is fine the rest of the way. The same with video. For now, that is all I got my friend. Let me know if you have anything else to ask. I am sure we all will help!

I have the exact same Vendor and Device ID as you and mine is working fine (sound IN isn't thou) headphones, HP's quick buttons for sound work.

Using an HP dv8230ca.