Input Remapper 0.9.17 Beta

Beliyaal

24 posts in this topic

Input Remapper 0.9.17 Beta has been released!

2006-06-29 - Version 0.9.17 Beta

* Fixed: Safer install and uninstall of driver. Reboot always required.

* Fixed: Potential fix for mouse stutters.

Keys bound on MacBook Pro:

* The default keypad like in OSX. This includes num-lock functionality

* fn+Left Click = Right Click

* fn+Backspace = Delete

* fn+Eject = PrintScreen

* fn+F1 = Decrease Brightness

* fn+F2 = Increase Brightness

* fn+F3 = Toggle Mute

* fn+F4 = Decrease Volume

* fn+F5 = Increase Volume

* fn+F6 = Toggle Num-Lock

* fn+Up = Page Up

* fn+Down = Page Down

* fn+Left = Home

* fn+Right = End

* Eject = Eject all optical discs

* Enter = Right mouse button

Any questions, requests, or bug reports should be made in this thread. Thanks!

InputRemapper_0_9_17_Beta.exe

Input Remapper 0.9.17 Beta has been released!

2006-06-29 - Version 0.9.17 Beta

* Fixed: Safer install and uninstall of driver. Reboot always required.

* Fixed: Potential fix for mouse stutters.

Keys bound on MacBook Pro:

* The default keypad like in OSX. This includes num-lock functionality

* fn+Left Click = Right Click

* fn+Backspace = Delete

* fn+Eject = PrintScreen

* fn+F1 = Decrease Brightness

* fn+F2 = Increase Brightness

* fn+F3 = Toggle Mute

* fn+F4 = Decrease Volume

* fn+F5 = Increase Volume

* fn+F6 = Toggle Num-Lock

* fn+Up = Page Up

* fn+Down = Page Down

* fn+Left = Home

* fn+Right = End

* Eject = Eject all optical discs

* Enter = Right mouse button

Any questions, requests, or bug reports should be made in this thread. Thanks!

InputRemapper_0_9_17_Beta.exe

Hello

I loaded the 0917 now when the XPwindow come up, its ask me to press the left shift key to the right and I did that but got the response "invalid" key.

I was a remove the program while booting as safe mode, now the question is how to load the input remap 0917 in XP, I have no issue to load V0914, but want to get the feature of screen saver on V917

Thanks

Hello

I loaded the 0917 now when the XPwindow come up, its ask me to press the left shift key to the right and I did that but got the response "invalid" key.

I was a remove the program while booting as safe mode, now the question is how to load the input remap 0917 in XP, I have no issue to load V0914, but want to get the feature of screen saver on V917

Thanks

It's refering to the key to the right of the left shift key. That would be either Z on an english keyboard, or tilde on european keyboard. It supports the oem key as well if there is a macbook keyboard configured that way.

I'm interested in knowing what language your keyboard is? What does the key to the right of the left shift key look like? What does the dialog say when you hold the key key down without releaseing it?

To get by the dialog, just press Z. If that doesn't work, just press a couple of keys until you find the correct key.

Just installed the remapper on my MacBook's boot camped Vista Beta 2.

Rebooted and - keyboard not responding at all!

Rebooted again in safe mode, then keyboard is fine, tried to uninstall, but got an error message (something "not found", I forgot what). Now starting normally is still with no keyboard.

Any ideas, at least how to get back my keyboard without reinstalling the whole Vista?

Thanks,

Guy

Just installed the remapper on my MacBook's boot camped Vista Beta 2.

Rebooted and - keyboard not responding at all!

Rebooted again in safe mode, then keyboard is fine, tried to uninstall, but got an error message (something "not found", I forgot what). Now starting normally is still with no keyboard.

Any ideas, at least how to get back my keyboard without reinstalling the whole Vista?

Thanks,

Guy

In safe mode:

Disable the Input Remapper serivce in Computer Management

With registry editor in the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Remove "InputRemapperFilter" entry from the "UpperFilters" value in these keys.

I'm assuming your mouse works in safe mode. Select the keyboard in Device Manager and do Menu: Action->Uninstall. Then Action->Scan for hardware changes.

This removes any interaction that Input Remapper has with the system when you next reboot. The thing is that I have tried Input Remapper in Beta2, and although the it didn't work fully, the keyboard and mouse was still working. This machine didn't have a supported network card in Vista so I was unable to debug and fix any issues. Your problem leads me to believe that problem is with the HIDTranslator driver that is only used on MacBooks.

I don't want to have to repartition my MacBook only to try out Vista. Is it possible to install Vista on an external drive on the MacBook Pro?

It's refering to the key to the right of the left shift key. That would be either Z on an english keyboard, or tilde on european keyboard. It supports the oem key as well if there is a macbook keyboard configured that way.

I'm interested in knowing what language your keyboard is? What does the key to the right of the left shift key look like? What does the dialog say when you hold the key key down without releaseing it?

To get by the dialog, just press Z. If that doesn't work, just press a couple of keys until you find the correct key.

I have a macbook black US version key bd, so after install the s/w and reboot the note book, when asking for to het the left shift , now I understand that was the "Z" key,

when loading the s/w, should I leave everything at default, (uncheck) and how do you turn on the screen saver mode on after loaded the s/w

Thanks

Hi just wanna login and say Thank You!!

It works great on my White 2.0Ghz Macbook (non-pro).

Got some confusion while installing the application, spended 5 minutes to figure out what does the "right to the left shift key" actually means. :sorcerer:

(English is not my native language, sorry.)

just an idea, maybe you can consider adding a graphic or picture of the keyboard to explain this during setup. :idea:

another suggestion, I was a ThinkPad users for more then 3 years and one of the most frequently used feature of the notebook is Fn+F12= Hibernation, could you consider to add this too. I think this is a standard function of almost all PC notebook so it would be really nice if macbook could do this too. or further extent the program to be Fn+F8-12 fully configurable would be really useful.

(currently without the Fn+F12 key I need to configure the power button for hibernation under control panel-power, by doing this I cannot do force power off in case of Windows freeze...)

once again, thanks for your effort on making this piece of software.

^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a UK keyboard layout for my Macbook, and I'm having trouble getting the UK money pound sign to work. It's usually shift-3, but seeing as I have to use a US layout to get this working, that gives a hash/pound sign (#) instead.

Is there any way to remap shift-3 to the UK pound sign, and move the hash/pound sign to maybe the tilde key next to the right shift?

Thanks.

Great stuff! As someone who carried two computers around for years, input remapper solved most of the problems that I was having with a dual booting MacBook Pro! I do believe that I only need one machine now. I will certainly recommend this app to my friends and co-workers.

Thank you,

John Schuman

well, i had right clck working with the mouse manager commonly available cant remember what its actually called but its referred to in tons of guides for installing xp on macbook/.

i have a black macbook and after installing this program my kb stopped working, and on reboot my mouse stoped too. same in safe mode. .im going to try a repair install but i must say if i had seen any warnings i would not have installed. i had no idea that it could produce an unrecoverable problem.

what specifically are the dll names this proggy uses? is there any way i can manually remove files from in osx?

:poster_oops:

I downloaded and tried the Input Remapper and it worked fine just on my MacBook. But then I plugged in my 30" Display and I can't get the screen to display anything anymore (it works fine under OS X). So I then uninstalled Input Remapper rebooted, found your forum so checked the registry and all that was fine, but still no joy on the display. I have also found that previously I could use the ctrl button to do right clicks but that has now stopped functioning in that way. Anyone have any ideas or the original keyboard driver?

It was a really nifty tool until I came across this problem.

Cheers,

Duncan

Hey Chaps,

Firstly thanks to everyone involved with the great work on InputRemapper.

I have been running it on Vista Beta 2 5384 and more recently 5456. The Right hand click has always worked for me straight out of the box but none of the other mapping do. If I understand this correctly the default OSX keys are supposed to just work when the program is loaded? Only right click seems to work for me.

I have tried creating my own mappings for these keys but no luck. I am also using the apple brightness and apple eject applications.

Has anyone experienced the same problems or am I just being thick?

Any ways round this?

Thanks.

Rich.

MacBook Pro 2.16 here. 0.9.17 Beta Input Remapper has also killed my ability to use the tilde key. It types backslash and bar. The key for backslash and bar also types those same characters. Neither types tilde. I've punched and pressed every key combination I can, very systematically, and cannot find anything that types a tilde.

Just tried to install it on Vista Built 5472 (as an Administrator user, on a MacBook Pro), but I get this error:

TODO: <File description> has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Button: Close program

If I click to button to close the program, I get another Error popup:

Error opening file for writing:

C:/Program Files/Input Remapper/InputRemapper.exe.

Abort Retry Ignore

If I ignore the warning, I get multiple more of the previous popups, and at the end it looks like the Remapper is installed partly, since it's not working (although I have the Remapper Icon showing in the notification area of the start bar).

Any idea what I can try next?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, first off, thanks for the awesome program. Exactly what the doctor ordered. :)

Now to the problem: Fast User Switching.

Any time I log into a second user account at the same time as the first, internal keyboard/mouse stop functioning. External work fine (that's how I am typing this message! :))

Final note: they work again after reboot. I think it's because a second instance is loaded for the new user, and it somehow conflicts with the original. ;)

Thanks again for the awesome work. :D

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I love your software, really helps me out, though I have one concern. In the previous versions of this sotware, there were no problems using the fn F-keys to increase/decrease light/volume, however those versions did not have some of the other fancy functions. Therefor i downloaded this latest version, leading to my fn F-1-5 doing nothing, It seemed. I then realized that by holding fn F1 while pressing F2, the light incresed, and reversed (pressing F2 before F1) to decrease it. The same goes for Volume, holding mute-command and tapping decrease volume, decreases volume. So far so good, i can live with that ;D But i can’t INCREASE volume using these commands. neither fn F3 F5, nor fn F4 F5 does any difference.

I ask now, is this a bug in fixing-progress or am I setting something up wrong? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Niclas

Sweden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...