• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

Going Bald

Going Bald

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

In the driver, mtu is set before initialization, as it needs to allocate buffers according to the size.
Then some message about link information should follow, but not found in your log. So I guess that it fails in initialization and terminates itself - that's all I can tell.

I think you are right, the NIC ever gets activated, but I don't know enough to find the problem.
This is what I get at the end of the post -
Waiting for DSMOS...
macx_swapon SUCCESS
Previous shutdown cause :3
DSMOS has arrived
-->> right here is where the link initializes on the X58A-UD7<<--
Warning: IOPlatformPluginUtil: get CPUIDInfo: this is an unknown cpu -- power management may be incomplete or unsupportd
Sound Assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneris at line 350

and then it blackscreens and the desktop opens up.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I noticed the Linux driver is updated to 2.1.7.
I have just merged the changes and replaced tx_checksum code with the one from OpenBSD instead of using the Linux code.

Going Bald

Going Bald

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
updated kext is in first post?
Found out where ethernet dies. In the first rebot after installation, right after MSDOS has arrived the bluetooth controller is initialised, I get a warning about the possibly unsupported CPU and powermanagement and the AppleIntelE1000e link is established at 1000Mb/s full duplex Rx/Tx. Both leds on the NIC port are on until I start going through the setup pages. The network page pops up an error and tells me it doesn't seem to be connected to the network. So what happened to it? It shows up in the post as established. Did the network wizard kill it?

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

updated kext is in first post?
Found out where ethernet dies. In the first rebot after installation, right after MSDOS has arrived the bluetooth controller is initialised, I get a warning about the possibly unsupported CPU and powermanagement and the AppleIntelE1000e link is established at 1000Mb/s full duplex Rx/Tx. Both leds on the NIC port are on until I start going through the setup pages. The network page pops up an error and tells me it doesn't seem to be connected to the network. So what happened to it? It shows up in the post as established. Did the network wizard kill it?

Yes, I upload all the drivers in my first post.
I have never seen such a behavior.

Rogier

Rogier

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I use the Incorporated 2.1.7. on my p8z68v-pro and updated to 10.8.2, nothing changed and youtube still is slow as hell. Than I receive an error saying that the text key isn't installed correctly and that It can't be used by the system. I go to Youtube to see if internet is working, and youtube is how it's normally is! 720p played back almost instantly and no more black pictures. Me happy as I was restarted the pc to check if 10.8.2. fixed the problem.

Now youtube is back to it's slower self and I don't get the text key error anymore.

Hope my experience can help out the problem.

Regards,

Rogier

sea_man

sea_man

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I updated to 10.8.2 and the new kext , youtube and all is working very fine!

Thanks hnak !

dmesg show me this :

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conservative mode
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): changing MTU from 0 to 1500
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): AppleIntelE1000e:WOL = 2

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
2.1.7. gives me a KP on 10.8.2. if a HP NC360T (Intel 82571EB chipset) nic is installed (this card is supported oob by Apple driver).

Attached Files

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

2.1.7. gives me a KP on 10.8.2. if a HP NC360T (Intel 82571EB chipset) nic is installed (this card is supported oob by Apple driver).

82571EB (0x10dc8086) is supported by Apple ? By Intel82574L.kext ?

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

82571EB (0x10dc8086) is supported by Apple ? By Intel82574L.kext ?

From SystemInformation.app:

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x105e
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x103c
Subsystem ID: 0x7044
Revision ID: 0x0006
Link Width: x4
BSD name: en3
Kext name: AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
Location: //System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
Version: 3.1.1b1

Rogier

Rogier

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got it working on 10.8.2.

For everyone who has a Asus p8z68v-pro motherboard and textbeast didn't work, try the following.

I replaced the AppleIntelE1000e.text which is located at /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext with the 2.1.7 text from the front page. (not the one at /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext, that one is 2.1.7 aswel but system report says it's using the version 2.0.0 one in IONetworkingFamily.kext).

Reboot and use UseKernelCache=0 for first reboot.

Now everything is fine and Youtube, Skype and Counter Strike are working without any lag and choke!

Thanks!

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

From SystemInformation.app:

ethernet:

Device ID: 0x105e
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x103c
Subsystem ID: 0x7044
Revision ID: 0x0006
Link Width: x4
BSD name: en3
Kext name: AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
Location: //System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
Version: 3.1.1b1

I did not know that the driver supports 82571, as 8254x are PCI cards. Should I remove the ID in the next release ?

sea_man

sea_man

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
From my system report

Intel(R) 82579V PCI-E Gigabit:
  Name: ethernet
  Slot: Internal
  Device ID: 0x1503
  Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043
  Subsystem ID: 0x849c
  Revision ID: 0x0005
  BSD name: en0
  Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  Version: 2.1.7

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

I did not know that the driver supports 82571, as 8254x are PCI cards. Should I remove the ID in the next release ?

Yes, please. Then we will see if the HP card is the reason for the Kernel Panic in the kext.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Yes, please. Then we will see if the HP card is the reason for the Kernel Panic in the kext.

You can do it now by editing AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/info.plist.

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

You can do it now by editing AppleIntelE1000e.kext/Contents/info.plist.

I removed the 0x105e8086 from the info.plist.
Repaired Disk Permissions to rebuild the kernel cache.
Still the same Kernel Panic like in the screen shot of my first posting.

If I remove the HP NC360T it works.
If I remove the AppleIntelE1000e.kext then the NC360T works, but not my onboard Ethernet port.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

I removed the 0x105e8086 from the info.plist.
Repaired Disk Permissions to rebuild the kernel cache.
Still the same Kernel Panic like in the screen shot of my first posting.

If I remove the HP NC360T it works.
If I remove the AppleIntelE1000e.kext then the NC360T works, but not my onboard Ethernet port.

If the ID ( = 0x105e8086) does not exist in Info.plist, AppleIntelE1000e.kext will never be loaded unless you have another Intel NIC - which you have onboard. What's the ID of the NIC ?
Or, are they sharing the same IRQ ?

khe91

khe91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

If the ID ( = 0x105e8086) does not exist in Info.plist, AppleIntelE1000e.kext will never be loaded unless you have another Intel NIC - which you have onboard. What's the ID of the NIC ?

I understand this and don't understand why the KP still occurs, can you see anything from the Kernel Panic screenshoot or can I enable any more debug logs ?

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

I understand and don't understand why the KP still occurs, can you see anything from the Kernel Panic screenshoot or can I enable any more debug logs ?

You should build the kext from the source ( "Debug" build ) to enable verbose logging, possibly adding the hardware ID output .

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
hnak, I noticed that AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext is loading here even though my 82579V is using your kext (it doesn't work OOTB with the Apple kext). Is this normal?

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

hnak, I noticed that AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext is loading here even though my 82579V is using your kext (it doesn't work OOTB with the Apple kext). Is this normal?

AppleIntel8254XEthernet is ( if the meaning whose name implies is correct) not supposed to work with 82579V ( or other PCI express cards ).
I am actually surprised to know that 82571EB works with the stock driver. The kext is loaded whenever PCI ethernet class device is detected ( as it does not explicitly specify "PCIPrimaryMatch" ), so the kind of supported device is completely up to the driver's code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy