• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

haywardUNLEASHED

haywardUNLEASHED

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i get a black screen. it installed and whatnot, but after i type "-v -f busratio=7 cpus=1" (without quotations) in the chameleon bootloader and it does verbose mode and whatnot, then black screen. maybe graphics?

weretvty1

weretvty1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Change or copy and paste these lines :

guestOS = "darwin-64"
ich7m.present = "TRUE"
smc.present = "FALSE"
keyboard.vusb.enable = "TRUE"
mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"
monitor.virtual_exec = "hardware"
monitor.virtual_mmu = "software"

if u have Leopard then the guest OS should be "darwin" or "darwin-64"
and don't forget to change the smc.present line if its TRUE change it to FALSE and thats all. you will not get the error again !! so most ipmortant is to change the freebsd to darwin

sumeetp

sumeetp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
m installing it on amd dual core..4gb ram...500gb hard drive..hopefully it works..following da guide...

ka911

ka911

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:let me them! oh Mac
First of all, thank you jawcl for this nice steps!
I have HP DV7-2185dx

Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9000
6MB L2 Cache
Memory 6144MB
Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (M96)
Hard Drive 500GB (5400RPM)
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN
Sound Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound and Sub-Woofer

I have the same issue as some of the people here! i see the apple logo from the bootscreen about 1 sec, then the VM is rebooting. I'll love to have iAkos v7 installed. any idea how to make this work?

thanks

Dodge34

Dodge34

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Can anyone confirm if there's a way to not enter the command lines each time we boot, I'm quite tired of getting the -v (verbose mode I suppose), guess its not needed, gonna try without it but with the other commands, I'm brand new to this hackintosh thing, I'm testing it in vmware but will want to dual boot it on my pretty old laptop (Presario V6320CA but with 2gb instead of the factory 1gb)

a2h

a2h

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I've successfully started the iDeneb 1.6 installer on VMware Player with the startup options posted earlier "-v -f busratio=10 cpus=1". Now I just have to hope the customisations I've made in the installer will work.

kailm

kailm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Wow this looks EXACTLY like my thread here on 10-22-09.Posted Image

http://www.infinitem...-7-to-10-t4480/

More info if you need to trouble shoot.

ka911

ka911

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:let me them! oh Mac

Wow this looks EXACTLY like my thread here on 10-22-09.Posted Image

http://www.infinitem...-7-to-10-t4480/

More info if you need to trouble shoot.

Thank you vey much! your steps way clear and make my laptap work with Mac :) ..

justsome

justsome

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Ugh so close to getting it working.

It installed on Dell Latitude E6500, but when I reboot without DVD I get "operating system not found".

I found the following posts on another site (link) with the same issue + solution.

pumpin

got it installed but...
made it to finish setup but i cant start after the install,
when i hit F8 after installing booting with parameters it starts from the cd again if i hit nothing it boots from hdd (i think) but i get an error. cause i cant set any parameters.
when i disable the Iso in the VM i get an error "operating system not found - so what should i do now?

pumpin

made it...
got it to work,starting with another method by using the darwin.iso.

but now my VM runs with a retail Snow Leopard
using boot-123 procedure...
audio works perfectly, even system update via apple servers...

He mentions he solves it by booting with "darwin.iso" (?) and another poster confirms he solved the same issue.

Can anyone point me in the directions of obtaining the darwin.iso file?
I've searched these forums and google and I've been unsuccesfull. I thought it was supposed to be in the VMware tools package so I downloaded and extracted the vmwaretools for ubuntu and couldn't find it.

Any pointers would be appriciated.

Cheers

------- update ----------
Fixed!

I downloaded the "Original/Generic" boot-132 iso from this thread here

Booted the VM from that ISO, I then had to select which disc I wanted (80 primary, 81 secondary HD etc). Choosed 80, and then I could enter my normall booting params. I used "-v -f busratio=31 cpus=1" (the same as I used for installing). After that you'll get a big blob of text messages and about 2minutes later I was finalizing my setup :)

Migraphix

Migraphix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hey i am a total newbie in the osx86 scene and i have a questions. does the install works on this machine ?

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
2.31 GHz, 2,00 GB Ram
SSE(1,2,3)

Mainboard:
Biostargroup NF61D-A2
Chipset: NVIDIA MCP61

DDR2 2048 MBytes

Network adapter (card?)
NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps ethernet

greeting form germany :)

Fask

Fask

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
jawcl great, works great, but I wanted to ask a question. Whenever you need to run the system with the flag ?

-v -f busratio=07 cpus=1

T00CLUTCH

T00CLUTCH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Yes this doesn't work on my CPU. I do the -v -f busratio=7 cpus=1 and it shows all the files loading and then says there were errors and then restarts.

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
can you report a log of the erros, also system information such as vt-z enabled, what version of vmware, etc.. This way we can help you out by understanding your problems.

Duarte Bruno

Duarte Bruno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm out to try this method.
I've tried a VM already prepared from a torrent and it runs and feels great but I can't get large packages to install.
No Iphone SDK no iPhone Simulator or anything close to 150MB.
Programming for the iPhone was the purpose of the Snow Install and since I've got already 3 OS's in my laptop I'm not in the mood for a 4th one will all the boot fuss.

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
try changing your drive to scsi it speeds things up, try giving it more ram like 2 gb and 2 cores, and also make sure vmware tools and zeniths drivers are installed because this speeds things up alot.

My setup is 2gb and 2 cores on non vt-x, also vmare tools and zeniths display driver. I just installed update 10.6.3 which is 750mb and works just fine.

Duarte Bruno

Duarte Bruno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

try changing your drive to scsi it speeds things up, try giving it more ram like 2 gb and 2 cores, and also make sure vmware tools and zeniths drivers are installed because this speeds things up alot.

I didn't try scsi nor vmware tools nor extra drivers but had already given it 2 gb and 2 cores.

My setup is 2gb and 2 cores on non vt-x, also vmare tools and zeniths display driver. I just installed update 10.6.3 which is 750mb and works just fine.

The strange thing is that the update to 10.6.3 went through flawessly and the virtual machine runs at very acceptable speed, it's just on large packages that is starts installing and it gets progressively slower as it approaches the end which it never reaches. ;)

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Have you tried looking at installer log to see where it is getting stuck at?

I have some packages that took like 2-3 hrs to install, maybe try giving it a long time and seeing if they finish.

Show installer log here and I will try to help you out.

Duarte Bruno

Duarte Bruno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Have you tried looking at installer log to see where it is getting stuck at?
Show installer log here and I will try to help you out.

Thanks for the help!
I'm a Mac noob but I survive Linux fine. Where can I find that log?

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
while its installing, go to window and installer log at the top bar. make sure you have the program installing and you will see those options.

javierbsas

javierbsas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Change or copy and paste these lines :

guestOS = "darwin-64"
ich7m.present = "TRUE"
smc.present = "FALSE"
keyboard.vusb.enable = "TRUE"
mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"
monitor.virtual_exec = "hardware"
monitor.virtual_mmu = "software"

if u have Leopard then the guest OS should be "darwin" or "darwin-64"
and don't forget to change the smc.present line if its TRUE change it to FALSE and thats all. you will not get the error again !! so most ipmortant is to change the freebsd to darwin

I needed to downgrade VM Version to 6.0 from VMWARE Workstation 7.1.0 menu (VM->upgrade or change version) and now i don't have the VT error on start up using darking as OS or rebooting using FreeBSD OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy