[How To] Install iAtkos v7 on VMware Workstation

jawcl

55 posts in this topic

Sorry to be an evangelist, but if you have this sort of hardware, then go to an Apple store or go to Apple online spent £25, €30 or $35 and buy the latest Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD and use Albert's Unlocker or Donk's darwin iso, links below, and run a completely vanilla OS X under VMware Workstation or Player. Do not get me wrong if you do not have a processor that support VT-x, i.e older Intel or any AMD processor then fine but if you have a current or recent generation Intel processor with VT-x support then the world of OS X can be a much easier and clearer world, end of the advert, thanks for your time, MSoK!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1186508

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1485873

You will find me monitoring both these forums so if you have the required hardware and choose the Vanilla trail, I and other Geeks, Sages and even Legends will be on hand to help, welcome to the the light side.

Okay as suggested by i got retail DVD from Apple store. I used Donk's files and executed "setup.cmd install" as suggested and it successfully copied the files for VMWare Workstation 7. Now, i created an ISO of my retail DVD and use that in my newly created VM. After booting it says, "Operating System Not Found". Any ideas?

Okay as suggested by i got retail DVD from Apple store. I used Donk's files and executed "setup.cmd install" as suggested and it successfully copied the files for VMWare Workstation 7. Now, i created an ISO of my retail DVD and use that in my newly created VM. After booting it says, "Operating System Not Found". Any ideas?

OK, probably better to start again using Albert's Unlocker rather than Donk's darwin iso, both work fine but fewer steps with Albert's "Unlocker", and should work without moddifying your VMX file, your error is most likely you have not amended the vmx file correctly or an error in creating the ISO from your retail OS X DVD. So just use the original DVD rather than creating an ISO, as the OS X retail DVD is not compatible with most ISO creation software, other than ImgBurn.

I should have pointed you in the "Unlocker" direction as even Donk uses this method with VMware Workstation, although we need Donk's version for ESXi. Please move any further discussion to the relevant topic either Donk's or Albert's for futher help if you want to continue with the Vanilla solution, as I recommended. We do not want to clutter this worthy topic with unrelated content and upset the residents do we. See you on the light side or should I say the "Vanilla" side, we monitor both Albert's and Donk's topics so will look out for your posts, good luck, pardon the intrusion all you iAtkos users, MSoK!

• 1 month later...

I followed this thread with VMWare Workstation 7 on Windows. Worked pretty well, though I had to change the VM type to Windows NT after installing or I would get an odd panic that wasn't verbose at all.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this. I'm getting the error

A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Workstation.

• 3 months later...

!IMPORTANT!

I really don't know why nobody has detected that there is a mistake in his guide! Step 18 is wrong: " 18. Now it will boot, wait for the prompt to come up then click in the screen and press F8. Now type put in -v -busratio=7 cpus=1 or type cpus -z to find out how big the busratio should be."

The statement:"-v -busratio=7 cpus=1" should be "-v busratio=7 cpus=1". The parameter 'busratio' does not need a '-'.

And why the {censored} somebody has to do two {censored} annoying quizzes to correct a wrong guide?