ATI Radeon HD 3200 OsX86

hardknoxni69a

Was This Helpful   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Was The kext helpful and working good?

• Hell Ya Thanks Man
    • Ya But Not 100%
    • Wrong Driver
    • Screwed Up My System

50 posts in this topic

i tested it with iatkos_v7 and ideneb (1.5??) and it didnt work ;)

I installed the MacAir Bios Enabler... is THAT the problem?

i installed the kext with osx86 tools...

NOTHING WORKS :-(

Any instructions? Whats the best hackintosh distr.? i think iatkos_v7.... it runs great.. but not with Ati :

Hey guys, could any of help me out? Im new here. Im currently using HP Pavillion Dv2 - 1003AX. Its a AMD Athlon-Neo Processor, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 graphic card. I was just wondering whether the Mac OS X 10.5.6 would work on my laptop. And if yes, where could i find the instructions to do so. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

Show package contents of the kext, open the plist file, towards bottom of file the value of HWcursor is true, change the value to false, even though i am pretty sure i saved it like that before upload but if you are using another variation of the file that is how you do it anyways

Show package contents of the kext, open the plist file, towards bottom of file the value of HWcursor is true, change the value to false, even though i am pretty sure i saved it like that before upload but if you are using another variation of the file that is how you do it anyways

Awesome... somehow I missed that the first time I searched the file

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't work for me using iPC 10.5.6

All I want to do is change resolution to 1280x1024 for higher resolutions.

-----------------------------

UPDATE: Got it working!

Here's how I did it.

I downloaded RadeonHD.kext.zip from Post #1 used Kext Helper & OSX Tools to install driver, restarted, neither worked.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197637

I downloaded RadeonHD.kext.lebidou.zip from Post #115 here used Kext Helper to install driver, restarted & changed my resolution.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1305093

I hope this works for other people it sure worked for me! I tried everything... it would be nice to get CI/QE working but from what I hear it's not possible. I only wanted to maximize my resolution so the desktop looks decent.

2u8hr3m.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Didn't work for me using iPC 10.5.6

All I want to do is change resolution to 1280x1024 for higher resolutions.

-----------------------------

UPDATE: Got it working!

Here's how I did it.

I downloaded RadeonHD.kext.zip from Post #1 used Kext Helper & OSX Tools to install driver, restarted, neither worked.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197637

I downloaded RadeonHD.kext.lebidou.zip from Post #115 here used Kext Helper to install driver, restarted & changed my resolution.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1305093

I hope this works for other people it sure worked for me! I tried everything... it would be nice to get CI/QE working but from what I hear it's not possible. I only wanted to maximize my resolution so the desktop looks decent.

2u8hr3m.jpg

Hey Thanks, confirm RadeonHD 3200 Acer 5534 got mines to load exactly as posted.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using this Kext.

http://code.google.com/p/osx86-driver-rade...10.6.x.kext.zip

for my GPU ATI RadeonHD 3200. I get this under system profiler:

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9612

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 960

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

With this kext I am able to change my resolution to whatever I wish, but unable to view photos using Preview. I know it is because QE/CI is not supported.

I am asking is there a way to modify this file to enable it? Has anyone with the HD3200 GPU using this has QE/CI enabled? If yes, how was it done? Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got it working in snow leopard the version shouldn't matter as long as you download the right one. I have a gateway M2626 with a ATI 3200 HD that was being difficult as well. I have spent 3 weeks looking for a way to get QE/CI working and so far there is nothing that is already put together you can use to do it. It would seem as far as the resolution goes Dongs frame rate buffer isn't happy unless it is installed perfect. So I am going to list step by step how I did it in hopes it will at least help some of you get resolution

Here are the instructions.

1. Go download "Kext Helper B7"

2. Download the kext from Dongs post notice there is a difference between Leopard and Snow Leopard http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190586

3. Do show contents on the kext then go to "contents"

4. Open the .plist file with a text editor find EnableHWCursor and underneath it change true to false (this will fix the crazy mouse I tried this kext without changing it and the mouse was a big rainbow square) Save your changes

5. Now use the "Kext Helper B7" to install it into your extensions folder

6. Cross finger, or whatever you do for luck shut down reboot I did it "-v -f" in chameleon takes longer but it seemed to be needed.

7. Go in and change your resolution in the display screen of the system preferences

If anyone has made headway with the qe/ci please let me know no the best programmer but I am willing to put in the time if anyone needs help to make headway. Also it looks as though 10.6.5 adds some new ATI kexts not sure if that helps the cause. Any questions I will be more than happy to at least lend what I know. Best of luck guys!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...