1483 replies to this topic

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Morganpl that is all only cosmetic

1. the slot number can simply be changed by changing value for SUN (Slot Unit Number)

change line Name (_SUN, 0x0B) to Name (_SUN, ONE) for slot 1
or to Name (_SUN, 0x03) for slot 3

2. if you add signs to rom revision or model the buffer value is incorrect . Let the compiler calculate it for you - just delete the value in the example 0x0D and leave the brackets. After recompiling the compiler sets the correct buffer value
"model",
change Buffer (0x0D) to Buffer ()

do the same with rom revision

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
aschar1 thank you very much, now reported correctly in SystemProfiler.
Once again, thanks for your help!
With best regards!

P.S.
d00d I think we would be glued to the first post:)

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
You can get with this method dual Graphics Cards working. Graphicsenabler of the bootloader supports only 1 Graphics Card. The following example is for 2 GTX275 placed in slot 1 and 2. If you use Slot 1 and Slot 3 change adress in PEG2 from Name (_ADR, 0x00070000) to Name (_ADR, 0x00090000). SLI is not supported in OSX, but you can connect 4 Monitors.
[codebox] Device (PCI0)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_UID, One)
Name (_BBN, Zero)
Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02))
{
Return (0x02)
}
Else
{
Return (0x03)
}
}

Device (PEG1)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_SUN, 0x0B)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x1A)
{
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@0,display_cfg",
Buffer (0x08)
{
0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-A"
},

"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@1,display_cfg",
Buffer (0x08)
{
0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01
},

"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-B"
},

"NVCAP",
Buffer (0x14)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,
/* 0008 */ 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"VRAM,totalsize",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,GeForce"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"EVGA GTX 275"
},

"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x24)
{
"nVidia GeForce GTX275 OpenGL Engine"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
}

Device (PEG2)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00070000)
Device (GFX0)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_SUN, 0x0B)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x1A)
{
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@0,display_cfg",
Buffer (0x08)
{
0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-A"
},

"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},

"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},

"@1,display_cfg",
Buffer (0x08)
{
0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01
},

"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-B"
},

"NVCAP",
Buffer (0x14)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,
/* 0008 */ 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"VRAM,totalsize",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,GeForce"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"EVGA GTX 275"
},

"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x24)
{
"nVidia GeForce GTX275 OpenGL Engine"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
}

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)[/codebox]

lee2000

lee2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I entered aschar1's i7 920 C-States and P-states into the SCOPE_PR section of my DSDT.
GA X58A UD7 F6 BIOS,1.33V 200X20,speedstep and TM enabled
Now it ofen KPs when I Use the SL 10.6.3,it seems the CPU Overclocked not very well,but it woks very well in windows 7,how can I fix it?

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

You can get with this method dual Graphics Cards working. Graphicsenabler of the bootloader supports only 1 Graphics Card. The following example is for 2 GTX275 placed in slot 1 and 2. If you use Slot 1 and Slot 3 change adress in PEG2 from Name (_ADR, 0x00070000) to Name (_ADR, 0x00090000). SLI is not supported in OSX, but you can connect 4 Monitors.

ooooo! thank you very useful for sure in the future, I hope that Apple will go after the senses and begins to use nVidia's solutions, such as Adobe ...
Sorry for off top but I have to show it to you (as someone obviously has not seen before) It is said that soon will launch a new Mac Pro's (see what they put guts ....) but now it is the object of my interest .....
Link 1Link 2

once again sorry for off topic ...

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
has anyone else been unable to get x.di's LegacyHDA.kext to work on 10.6.3?
Ive tried both the dsdt code mentioned in d00ds first post for it, and the dsdt in the post that
x.di attached his LegacyHDA.kext to.

i installed the kext to /e/e/ and am using the vanilla 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext

whatever i do, i cannot make it work, maybe this is because my machine is not a fresh install.

my scripted patcher worked fine, but im desperate for 7.1 analog audio

Going Bald

Going Bald

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

on if you only want selected modifications, or just like doing it yourself.

There are significant differences in the dsdt.dsl file from each GA-EX58 model I've seen so far, but the GA-X58A models differ only in the address base in `Device (PCI0.EXPL)'.
I'm looking for an unmodified dsdt.dsl from the following boards (*);
GA-EX58-EXTREME *
GA-EX58-UD5
GA-EX58-UD4P
GA-EX58-UD4 *
GA-EX58-DS4 *
GA-EX58-UD3R revision 1.7 *
GA-EX58-UD3R revision 1.6
GA-EX58-UD3R revision 1.0
GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI *
GA-X58A-UD7
GA-X58A-UD5 *
GA-X58A-UD3R

GA-X58A-UD7 attached. from fresh install using latest Kakewalk method downloaded 4/24/10. no updates / mods as yet. Will CCClone the install in case you want any other files from it. See sig for system info.

Attached Files

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

aschar1 thank you very much, now reported correctly in SystemProfiler.
Once again, thanks for your help!
With best regards!

P.S.
d00d I think we would be glued to the first post:)

updated

I entered aschar1's i7 920 C-States and P-states into the SCOPE_PR section of my DSDT.
GA X58A UD7 F6 BIOS,1.33V 200X20,speedstep and TM enabled
Now it ofen KPs when I Use the SL 10.6.3,it seems the CPU Overclocked not very well,but it woks very well in windows 7,how can I fix it?

Fix it by using code for the 920, his post was for the 930.

has anyone else been unable to get x.di's LegacyHDA.kext to work on 10.6.3?
Ive tried both the dsdt code mentioned in d00ds first post for it, and the dsdt in the post that
x.di attached his LegacyHDA.kext to.

i installed the kext to /e/e/ and am using the vanilla 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext

whatever i do, i cannot make it work, maybe this is because my machine is not a fresh install.

my scripted patcher worked fine, but im desperate for 7.1 analog audio

Works for me in Extra/Extensions.mkext.

GA-X58A-UD7 attached. from fresh install using latest Kakewalk method downloaded 4/24/10. no updates / mods as yet. Will CCClone the install in case you want any other files from it. See sig for system info.

Thanks, I'm looking for ones marked with an asterix.

tsponge

tsponge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
hi Guys.

Just been reading this guide and it all seems quite complex...
Could someone help me compile a DSDT for my board? Its a x58a-ud5 with i7 930..
Would like to have the power management stuff and am using the mpkg method to install atm.

Anyone willing to give me a hand? Will happily make donation

Rankrotten

Rankrotten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

hi Guys.

Just been reading this guide and it all seems quite complex...
Could someone help me compile a DSDT for my board? Its a x58a-ud5 with i7 930..
Would like to have the power management stuff and am using the mpkg method to install atm.

Anyone willing to give me a hand? Will happily make donation

Here's my DSDT for the X58A-UD5 + i7 930 constructed with the input of many guys on this thread.
Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   6.34KB   44 downloads
Use the asere_BLN 1.1.9 bootloader and only FakeSMC, IOACHIBlockStorageInjector and LegacyHDA in /Extra and the RealtekR1000SL in S/L/E

Native Powermanagement, Sleep, Shutdown, Audio etc all working as it should. Read the relevant posts for enabling speedstepping using edited MacPro 4,1 plist (d00d's walkthrough on p1)
;)

macflyboy

macflyboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I finally managed to get 10.6.3 up and running after a full reinstall. I also managed to get the ethernet working with d00d's suggestion of changing Network-Root to Root. However, sound is just not working. I have installed d00ds dsdt and the system is recognizing the sound device as Intel High Def but no sound is being emitted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
fly

x58-ud5 (f12)
OnBoard Sound (Not working) and Ethernet (Working!)
gtx260

morganpl

morganpl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Gentlemen, I have a question: if it works on you HOT plug? For me looks like this:

- I have buttons in the Finder to eject the disk but each time the system (all SATA). When you press the eject, you hear that the disk stops, when you enter the DiskUtility starts again (partition is not mounted, I can mount)

- In effect DiskUtility - umount the drive stops but when you click the Eject Disk for a moment becomes gray, then returns to its original state. The only thing I can do is mount the partition again and then heard that the drive starts, the partition is mounted correctly.

- Does not work the option of connecting an external e-SATA drive (I have extra ports in the casing) - when you hook up the drive and running, the system does not see it (DsikUtility not see the drive plugged)
Does it look the same with you?

P.S. All fixes from the first posts in the DSDT, F12 bios
As for the usb disks plugged everything works perfectly.

Godzillar

Godzillar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
First of all, thank d00d for his awesome DSDT tutorial.

I wonder if anyone has a solution to the problem where the disk identifier is changed randomly for every system restart. This is somewhat inconvenient for Parallels to load my Windows partition.

I have 3 disks in my system, where the first is MAC OSX, the second is used as a time machine backup, and the third is Windows 7. Theoretically, the three disks and their corresponding disk identifier should be listed as: 1st: disk0, 2nd: disk1, 3rd: disk2. However, this order seems random each time upon reboot. For example, the order may be: 1st: disk2, 2nd: disk0, 3rd: disk1, or any other permutations. This is a bit troublesome since each time the order changes, I have to point the virtual machine to the correct partition for Parallels to load my Windows partition. Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

Thanks!

eberts

eberts

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Godzillar, I think I made it. I used to have trouble with changing disk identifiers as well.
I changed two things:
I compared my dsdt with the one of a MacPro4,1, changed the "location" of the first two ahci ports (PRT0,PRT1) to "Upper" and "Lower", PRT2 becomes "Bay 1", PRT3 "Bay 2" and so on.
Moreover, I swapped my device order according to the MacPro4,1 ioreg:
SATA1 - DVD (PRT0,Upper)
SATA2 - Empty (PRT1,Lower)
SATA3 - Boot HD (PRT2,Bay 1)
SATA4 - TM disk (PRT3,Bay 2)
SATA5 - Empty
SATA6 - Empty

So far, it seems to be fixed now (boot drive=disk0s2), but I'll check for a little longer... :)

Godzillar

Godzillar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Godzillar, I think I made it. I used to have trouble with changing disk identifiers as well.
I changed two things:
I compared my dsdt with the one of a MacPro4,1, changed the "location" of the first two ahci ports (PRT0,PRT1) to "Upper" and "Lower", PRT2 becomes "Bay 1", PRT3 "Bay 2" and so on.
Moreover, I swapped my device order according to the MacPro4,1 ioreg:
SATA1 - DVD (PRT0,Upper)
SATA2 - Empty (PRT1,Lower)
SATA3 - Boot HD (PRT2,Bay 1)
SATA4 - TM disk (PRT3,Bay 2)
SATA5 - Empty
SATA6 - Empty

So far, it seems to be fixed now (boot drive=disk0s2), but I'll check for a little longer... :)

Thanks for you reply, eberts. However, I couldn't find PRTx (x = 0~5) in DSDT from GA-EX58-UD5. I simply swapped my devices based on your suggestion, but the disk identifier still appears random. Is there something missing in the DSDT that we should add to correct this problem?

eberts

eberts

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Have a look at the chief's DSDT mod here:
http://www.insanelym...p...=188920&hl=

Your channels are probably called CHN0 CHN1. I deleted all under Device (SATA) and replaced it by master chief's code. His version 3.0 contains the "old way" of injecting io-device-location to the ports. Later on he used his new method.

I don't know whether it's important or not but I also changed my first boot device to CD-ROM in BIOS.
I hope it helps.

Godzillar

Godzillar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Have a look at the chief's DSDT mod here:
http://www.insanelym...p...=188920&hl=

Your channels are probably called CHN0 CHN1. I deleted all under Device (SATA) and replaced it by master chief's code. His version 3.0 contains the "old way" of injecting io-device-location to the ports. Later on he used his new method.

I don't know whether it's important or not but I also changed my first boot device to CD-ROM in BIOS.
I hope it helps.

There is no Device (SATA) or Device (PRTx) sections in the DSDT of GA-EX58-UD5. However, comparing the DSDT of GA-EX58-UD5 with the DSDT of P5K Pro, as well as looking at ioreg of GA-EX58-UD5, I think there is something missing in the Device (PCI0) -> Device (IDE1) of our DSDT.

There are only 2 devices under this section, namely Device (PRIM) and Device (SECD) (I believe PRIM corresponds to SATA0 but I don't know what SECD is). However, in ioreg, I can see the devices under similar section (PCI0 -> AppleACPIPCI -> IDE1 -> AppleAHCI) consist of PRIM, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4, SECD, where PRIM is my DVD drive and PRT2~PRT4 correspond to 3 harddisks. Therefore, is there something missing in our DSDT?

My SATA device connection is as follows:
SATA0 - DVD (PRIM)
SATA1 - Empty
SATA2 - MAC OSX (PRT2)
SATA3 - Time Machine Backup (PRT3)
SATA4 - Windows 7 (PRT4)
SATA5 - Empty

MasterLen

MasterLen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Thanks for you reply, eberts. However, I couldn't find PRTx (x = 0~5) in DSDT from GA-EX58-UD5. I simply swapped my devices based on your suggestion, but the disk identifier still appears random. Is there something missing in the DSDT that we should add to correct this problem?

Same issue here...
But the USB identification is randomly too!
Someone recognized that?

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
http://www.google.co...r changes os x;
diskutil
OS X does not guarantee assigning the same device id to the same disk at each boot. Diskutil replaces the disktool utility found in earlier versions of OS ...
ss64.com/osx/diskutil.html - Cached - Similar

Godzillar

Godzillar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

http://www.google.co...r changes os x;
diskutil
OS X does not guarantee assigning the same device id to the same disk at each boot. Diskutil replaces the disktool utility found in earlier versions of OS ...
ss64.com/osx/diskutil.html - Cached - Similar

Thanks. I guess I'll have to live with that. Reseting the Parallels partition is not that much work anyway.

Here is another problem. Can anyone spoof their mac address (of the built-in ethernet) by using "sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" or "sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"? This feature is working on real macs as well as my Apple USB ethernet adapter. I wonder if this is caused by RealtekR1000SL.kext

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy