GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

Assuming you haven't hard coded the speed in smbios.plist, the reason could be that the System Profiler misreads it in 32 bit boot, but in 64 bit it's accurate.

I don't know why your Geekbench is low with native power management, mine is 14725 with 64 bit boot at 4.1GHz with turbo.

:thumbsup_anim: Thank's dood for your answer..today ì 've setting in bios, without Turbo, 22x204 bclk,and i've a kernel at 32bit...the sistem profiler it is right...but geekbench is slow.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

perhaps. .smbios it will be written badly? This is a screen

Look please..Mac pro 3.1 ? :wacko:

post-410253-1275976554_thumb.png

Thanks for this and the boot CD information.

The fakesmc works for me in both iSTAT and Temperature Monitor, but only three of six fans show up, and as expected no temperature shows for the GPU.

I notice that the latest is rev. 126.

dood you can define the fans in info.plist of fakesmc.kext.

i have 3 fans connected (Graphics, my fan on my passive gfx cooler is connected to PWR_FAN connector of the mobo, Fan of the PSU -Power- is connected to SYS_FAN2 and Case Rear is connected to SYS_FAN1. I added for my setup:

<key>F0ID</key>

<string>Power</string>

<key>F1ID</key>

<string>Graphics</string>

<key>F2ID</key>

<string>Case-Rear</string>

to show all 6 Fans replace that with

<key>F0ID</key>

<string>Fan1</string>

<key>F1ID</key>

<string>Fan2</string>

<key>F2ID</key>

<string>Fan3</string>

<key>F3ID</key>

<string>Fan3</string>

<key>F4ID</key>

<string>Fan4</string>

<key>F5ID</key>

<string>Fan5</string>

if you want to rename the Fans after you have determined which fan is connected to the key you can just change the Fanx to a different name

Remember if you change info.plist you need to repair perms and clear kextcaches -use the commands from my previous post! Fans will only be shown in istat if configured in info.plist and connected to the mobo after reboot.

;) Thank's dood for your answer..today ì 've setting in bios, without Turbo, 22x204 bclk,and i've a kernel at 32bit...the sistem profiler it is right...but geekbench is slow.. :D:D

perhaps. .smbios it will be written badly? This is a screen

Look please..Mac pro 3.1 ? :D

you need to have smbios.plist in /Extra and change mac model to Macpro4.1 otherwise some kexts needed for your chipset will not be loaded causing your system to slow down. all other info in the plist is purely cosmetic for system profiler - the mac model is not.

i upload my smbios.plist - you can change your memory info to yours in the plist and place it in your /Extra folder

smbios.plist.zip

post-600471-1276022669_thumb.png

post-600471-1276022678_thumb.png

I get the 3 x 6GB DDR3 Ram with my hackintosh.

The About This Mac and the Syetem Profiler can identify the right memory.

I was Install the new kernel 10.3.1 and new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 104.4.0.

But the other Apps are can not identify for right, 4GB only, Like this:

post-600471-1276022690_thumb.png

$ mkextunpack -v /Extra/Extensions.mkext 
Found 5 kexts:
/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext - org.netkas.fakesmc (2.0)
/Extra/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext - org.chameleon.plist.IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (1.0)
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xATA.kext - com.jmicron.JMicronATA (1.0.2)
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xeSATA.kext - com.tonymacx86.JMicron36xeSATA (0.7)
/Extra/Extensions/Legacy889HDA.kext - com.tonymacx86.Legacy889HDA (0.3)

Here is my dsdt, smbios and com.apple.Boot.plist http://drp.ly/19yRo

I have no idea for it, can you help me? Thanks very much!

-- OiCkilL

dood you can define the fans in info.plist of fakesmc.kext.

i have 3 fans connected (Graphics, my fan on my passive gfx cooler is connected to PWR_FAN connector of the mobo, Fan of the PSU -Power- is connected to SYS_FAN2 and Case Rear is connected to SYS_FAN1. I added for my setup:

<key>F0ID</key>

<string>Power</string>

<key>F1ID</key>

<string>Graphics</string>

<key>F2ID</key>

<string>Case-Rear</string>

to show all 6 Fans replace that with

<key>F0ID</key>

<string>Fan1</string>

<key>F1ID</key>

<string>Fan2</string>

<key>F2ID</key>

<string>Fan3</string>

<key>F3ID</key>

<string>Fan3</string>

<key>F4ID</key>

<string>Fan4</string>

<key>F5ID</key>

<string>Fan5</string>

if you want to rename the Fans after you have determined which fan is connected to the key you can just change the Fanx to a different name

Remember if you change info.plist you need to repair perms and clear kextcaches -use the commands from my previous post! Fans will only be shown in istat if configured in info.plist and connected to the mobo after reboot.

The mapping on my GA-EX58-UD5;

F0ID: CPU_FAN

F1ID: PWR_FAN

F2ID: SYS_FAN1

F3ID: SYS_FAN2

Adding F4ID and F5ID and their names to fakesmc's Info.plist or names to FakeSMCLPCMonitor's Info.plist doesn't work.

There are six fan headers, but only these four show in the BIOS's PC Health Status screen, so I assume this is the reason.

I don't have a fan connected to SYS_FAN2 because it only runs at five volts.

The mapping on my GA-EX58-UD5;

F0ID: CPU_FAN

F1ID: PWR_FAN

F2ID: SYS_FAN1

F3ID: SYS_FAN2

Adding F4ID and F5ID and their names to fakesmc's Info.plist or names to FakeSMCLPCMonitor's Info.plist doesn't work.

There are six fan headers, but only these four show in the BIOS's PC Health Status screen, so I assume this is the reason.

I don't have a fan connected to SYS_FAN2 because it only runs at five volts.

Awesome d00d that's exactly what I was looking for.

By chance does anyone know why the bios don't report on all the fans?

Edit: My stats with everything up and running

post-534937-1276056645_thumb.png

Thanks Aschar,

as I said: I know it works with WOL and WOMP (Magic Packet). Not working with Wake for Network is, I believe, a limitation in the current driver (not discounting the great work that has gone into writing it).

If you check the Power Plane using ioreg -P IOPower you'll see something like:

+-o com_chucko_RealtekR1000 <class com_chucko_RealtekR1000, id 0x10000035a, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0 (48 ms), retain 6>

That fact that it's not registered or matched is a concern.

Scott

Hey Aschar,

The NetGear GA311 was spot on. Wake for Ethernet Network Access works straight out of the box. I'm not sure what the performance is like vs. the built-in 8111E with Bit Shoveler's driver. I'll do some testing and report back.

Bit Shoveler was kind enough to pass on the source code to the driver, so I'm going to see if I can enable it for Wake on Ethernet Network Access.

Scott

Awesome d00d that's exactly what I was looking for.

By chance does anyone know why the bios don't report on all the fans?

It's because SYS_FAN3 and NB_FAN don't have sense pin three connected on the MB, so there's no way to monitor speed.

It's because SYS_FAN3 and NB_FAN don't have sense pin three connected on the MB, so there's no way to monitor speed.

Dang, so no hope at all, thanks again d00d for the info, weird they'd put the pin on and then not connect it to the board.

Hi dOOd,

How about your sleep?

1) Manual Sleep

2) Auto Sleep

Can you wake up from sleep by mouse or keyboard.

Thanks for your reply.

works

works

yes and yes

Here's a plain DSDT extracted via Ubuntu Live CD for a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev 2) board with FA BIOS.

ga_x58a_ud3r_r2_fa.zip

Thanks, it's significantly different from rev 1.0 F2c.

rankrotten (post 670) and I have the same X58A-UD5 board, same core i7-930 and same ATi 4870 graphics card. Since I was having no success getting it to boot—kp every time after reading all 40+ pages of this tread, he sent me his DSDT files and Extra contents. The only difference is that he is using 3 x 2 GB Corsair RAM and I am using 2 x 4 GB.

It now gets further along in the boot but still KPs with a reference to cpu0. The bootloader is Asere 1.1.9 and the BIOS is FA (!).

I enclose the bootloader screen just before the panic and the KP screen. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? It's a new build and I installed Windows on a spare HDD to check that all hardware is OK—no problems.

Sorry for the poor quality but had to shoot by hand as they flash by.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is KPing?

The text before the KP is about as follows:

The messages are:

Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/Extensions.mkext] 4096

Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/Extensions.mkext] 21300

LoadDrivers: Loading from [system/Library/Caches/com.app...

Loaded HFS+ file: [system/Library/Caches/com.app...

Loaded HFS+ file: [Extra/smbios.plist] 1174 bytes

Patched DMI Table

Found SMBIOS System Information table 1

Using SMBIOS IIUD= ................

Loaded HFS+ file (Extra/DSDT.aml] 21895 bytes from .....

Using PCI-Root=UID vaue 0

Setting up lan keys

Using system type = 0x01

Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/DSDT.aml] 21895 bytes from .....

FXCO: Restart fix applied

Patched ACPI version 1 DSDT

Starting Darwin x86-64

and then it panics

The com.apple.boot.plist is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=x86_64</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

The smbiosplist is:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMUUID</key>

<string>F553B16E-33B9-41AC-AC5E-5A02ACEA3F21</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP41.88Z.00C1.B00.5A02ACEA3F21</string>

<key>SMbusspeed</key>

<string>4800</string>

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1793</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>

<string>Corsair XMS3</string>

<key>SMmempart</key>

<string>TR3X661600C9</string>

<key>SMmemserial_1</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_2</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_3</key>

<string>000123-01234567-1</string>

<key>SMmemserial_4</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_5</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_6</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemspeed</key>

<string>1600</string>

<key>SMmemtype</key>

<string>24</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro4,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>CK3351LLUPZ</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

messages_before_panic.tiff

dsdt.aml.zip

KP.tiff

The fakesmc with plugins project now allows CPU_FAN speed controlled by iStat Menus 3.0.2.

Here's item 13 modified, SL i386 and x86_64 compiled, revision 162 from `svn co http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/fakesmc'.

It needs to have 755 permissions, root:wheel ownership, and be located in /System/Library/Extensions/.

fakesmc.162.zip

Hi dood,

Now being I have use DSDT by copy from here everything works fine ie. auto+manual sleep and wake up by mouse/keboard/PWRB

but CPU temperature is very high as attached pic and file.

I have tried to modified My own DSDT(extracted via abuntu live CD) by your guide when i used it CPU temp is ok around 50 -60 c but

Auto/Manual Sleep did not work as before.

can you show me your config. and DSDT?

Thanks a lot

post-435680-1276490773_thumb.png

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi Dood,

Can you give me some advice? From the following, you can see I am having problems getting an install on a version 2 X58A-UD5.

I am wondering if the problem with using rankrotten's dsdt.aml file and my KP on my identical board with same CPU and GPU is because I have a version 2 board with the FA bios and he has an earlier version (I am waiting to hear back from him) because you mention in an earlier post that the FA BIOS looks very different from your F1.

To this end, I tried downgrading the BIOS from FA to F5 and F4 but both times I get a BIOS ID error and it won't flash so it looks GB has fixed this BIOS to only upgrade from FA not downgrade!

I guess this means I am going to have to build my own dsdt tallored to the board hardware. I am not a coder (hardware is my forte) so it is going to be a major job for me. Is there any easier way other than following your guide at the head of this thread. By easy I mean could I compare rankrotten's dsdt and mine after I capture it and make the changes or is this start from scratch job?

rankrotten (post 670) and I have the same X58A-UD5 board, same core i7-930 and same ATi 4870 graphics card. Since I was having no success getting it to boot—kp every time after reading all 40+ pages of this tread, he sent me his DSDT files and Extra contents. The only difference is that he is using 3 x 2 GB Corsair RAM and I am using 2 x 4 GB.

It now gets further along in the boot but still KPs with a reference to cpu0. The bootloader is Asere 1.1.9 and the BIOS is FA (!).

I enclose the bootloader screen just before the panic and the KP screen. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? It's a new build and I installed Windows on a spare HDD to check that all hardware is OK—no problems.

Sorry for the poor quality but had to shoot by hand as they flash by.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is KPing?

The text before the KP is about as follows:

The messages are:

Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/Extensions.mkext] 4096

Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/Extensions.mkext] 21300

LoadDrivers: Loading from [system/Library/Caches/com.app...

Loaded HFS+ file: [Extra/smbios.plist] 1174 bytes

Patched DMI Table

Found SMBIOS System Information table 1

Using SMBIOS IIUD= ................

Loaded HFS+ file (Extra/DSDT.aml] 21895 bytes from .....

Using PCI-Root=UID vaue 0

Setting up lan keys

Using system type = 0x01

Loaded HFS+ file [Extra/DSDT.aml] 21895 bytes from .....

FXCO: Restart fix applied

Patched ACPI version 1 DSDT

Starting Darwin x86-64

and then it panics

The com.apple.boot.plist is:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=x86_64</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

The smbiosplist is:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMUUID</key>

<string>F553B16E-33B9-41AC-AC5E-5A02ACEA3F21</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP41.88Z.00C1.B00.5A02ACEA3F21</string>

<key>SMbusspeed</key>

<string>4800</string>

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1793</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMmemmanufacter</key>

<string>Corsair XMS3</string>

<key>SMmempart</key>

<string>TR3X661600C9</string>

<key>SMmemserial_1</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_2</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_3</key>

<string>000123-01234567-1</string>

<key>SMmemserial_4</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_5</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemserial_6</key>

<string>EMPTY</string>

<key>SMmemspeed</key>

<string>1600</string>

<key>SMmemtype</key>

<string>24</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro4,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>CK3351LLUPZ</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Thanks, it's significantly different from rev 1.0 F2c.

Yes, and for owners of this rev 2.0 board, there's just enough things that are different to muck us up... ;-)

For example, something I noticed while trying to implement your DSDT edits from post #1:

- step #9 for AppleLPC.kext refers to "Device (PX40)" section, but in my rev2 DSDT seems to have "Device (LPCB)" listed in the same spot

I'm just not sure how many other bits are different, you mention only network and audio sections being different, but I get the sense there's more...

Anything else I should be looking out for as I try to implement your 19 or so steps to DSDT nirvana with the x85a-ud3r rev2 board?

Can you give me some advice? From the following, you can see I am having problems getting an install on a version 2 X58A-UD5.

I am wondering if the problem with using rankrotten's dsdt.aml file and my KP on my identical board with same CPU and GPU is because I have a version 2 board with the FA bios and he has an earlier version (I am waiting to hear back from him) because you mention in an earlier post that the FA BIOS looks very different from your F1.

Good morning from over in the UK, I'm up and about now :(

Yes it seems that your v2 X58A-UD5 differs from my v1 X58A-UD5, I did not realise you had the newer board.

You will need to try to revert to BIOS FA as the prior versions won't load on your board.

We will then need to get a clean DSDT from it and see how it differs.

Hi Rankrotten,

Reverting was what I thought too but GigaByte seems to have fixed it so that this new version 2 board with FA bios can't be reverted to F3, F4, or F5.

I have spent the whole day trying to get past this KP but it does not seem possible. I even can't get it to boot using no dsdt.aml and just three kexts— fakesmc.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext.

If this is the case, how do I get a dsdt.aml file for comparison?

I am stumped and at the limit of my skills base.

R

Good morning from over in the UK, I'm up and about now :(

Yes it seems that your v2 X58A-UD5 differs from my v1 X58A-UD5, I did not realise you had the newer board.

You will need to try to revert to BIOS FA as the prior versions won't load on your board.

We will then need to get a clean DSDT from it and see how it differs.

I'm thinking on buying GA-EX58A-UD5, WIth core i7 920. I think this guide it's a little dificult. All the codes that we have to change... :S I don't know... Some one have the kexts just to install with kexthelper? Anyway, I was thinking to install from thumb drive, will this work if I put the Extra folder in my thumbdrive, and later I install all the kexts?

I found a fantastic guide, but its for GA-EX58-UD5 and mine will be GA-EX58A-UD5.

Hope this works...

Hi Nullspot—I am also mucked up too with a version 2 board. My dsdt skills are non-existent but if there is anything I can do to help, I'll try. I have a core i7 on this version 2 board with FA bios, etc., as posted above.

I hope you have success because I'd really like to get this badboy board running.

Yes, and for owners of this rev 2.0 board, there's just enough things that are different to muck us up... ;-)

For example, something I noticed while trying to implement your DSDT edits from post #1:

- step #9 for AppleLPC.kext refers to "Device (PX40)" section, but in my rev2 DSDT seems to have "Device (LPCB)" listed in the same spot

I'm just not sure how many other bits are different, you mention only network and audio sections being different, but I get the sense there's more...

Anything else I should be looking out for as I try to implement your 19 or so steps to DSDT nirvana with the x85a-ud3r rev2 board?

Here's a zipped MPEG4 (5 MB) showing the boot progression and messages until the KP using Rankrotten's dsdt for an F3 version 1 EX58A-UD5.

There's what seems like some very odd lines here:

Not going to use bios image file

Found bios image file

Adding binimage to card 9440 from legacy space with size ....

Lan controller ....

What is this about card 9440? Is this an nVidia card (that does not exist)?

Hi Nullspot—I am also mucked up too with a version 2 board. My dsdt skills are non-existent but if there is anything I can do to help, I'll try. I have a core i7 on this version 2 board with FA bios, etc., as posted above.

I hope you have success because I'd really like to get this badboy board running.

Bootscreens.mp4.zip