• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

rpdmatt

rpdmatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having a lot of trouble getting this to work with 10.6. I'm wondering if I should uninstall the other ATI kexts in order to get it to work, I remember having to do that with my GTX 280 on my desktop computer. If anyone could elaborate on anything they might have done differently to get this working with 10.6, I'd appreciate it a lot.

WandaL

WandaL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
this guide rocks!!

Thanks to you, now I have Full res (1280x800) on my ATI Mobility X1400 card on acer aspire 5672 running OS X 10.5.8.
I have mouse tearing though after full res. Will work on it now.

super_engine

super_engine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Good news for all peoples

The last version of RadeonHD.kext (18 dec 2009) Dong (my big hero) have fixed the mouse tearing and the driver is very more stable (no KP)

Download it from ATI Framebuffer section.

Good luck.

rpdmatt

rpdmatt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks super_engine, that's exactly what I've been waiting for. It works flawlessly in iAtkos 10.5.7, I might try it out on Snow in a bit to see if I can get it working there, I wasn't having much luck with the last release.

CharlieSheen

CharlieSheen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Ball
To Find Your EDID from OS X enter the following command into terminal:

ioreg -l -w0 | grep EDID

roykovsky

roykovsky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
got any luck with Mobility X1300? :D
I'm downloading iPC now, should be downloaded in 6h. I believe this method works!
So, I have a question. In installation, do I need to choose any of drivers for graphics?

Thanks a lot :D

super_engine

super_engine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

got any luck with Mobility X1300? ;)
I'm downloading iPC now, should be downloaded in 6h. I believe this method works!
So, I have a question. In installation, do I need to choose any of drivers for graphics?

Thanks a lot :)

No. Do not install. Make a cle
an installation and after follows this guide.

roykovsky

roykovsky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

No. Do not install. Make a clean installation and after follows this guide.

Thank you ;)

So, another question. I don't have windows and I don't want to install it now just to get EDID information.
I'm using Ubuntu Linux right now - anyone have some tool to get EDID in linux? read-edid doesn't work properly, because it's formatted a way different than in this tutorial...
Or should I get EDID information when I will have MacOS installed? If so, how to do this?

quicker

quicker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello everyone,

I stumbled across the following forum post yesterday (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=192792) and, while it was for the x1350, I attempted the same steps applied to the x1400...and it worked!

So this is what I did. I've tested this with 10.5.7 iAtkos and iDeneb versions. My laptop is an Acer 5672.

1. Download the ATI_Kexts.zip file from here or the aforementioned forum post and extract it.
2. Using any text editor, edit the info.plist file from ATIRadeonX1000.kext and change the following string: from 0x71961002 to 0x71451002 (because the dev id for the Mobility x1400 is 7145. It's 7196 for the x1350.
3. Download a freeware program called softMCCS. This is used to extract your EDID information for placement inside the RadeonHD.kext info.plist.
4. Once downloaded, launch softMCCS and go to file->save EDID as->choose file type "viewsonic EDID file"->save your edid.dat.
5. Open this edid.dat file with any text editor, and remove all the white space from the beginning of the file, and remove the headers and columns (so essentially, you're left with rows and columns of xx data). Now format all of these xx data bits into groups of 8 followed by a space, so you basically have 32 chunks of xxxxxxxx data (xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx etc...). See the attached files for my modified versions. Heck, these files might even work for you.
6. Now that we've got our modified .dat file, copy and paste all of the 32 chunks, and paste them into the RadeonHD.kext info.plist file, under the section <key>EDID</key><data>
7. Install either flavour of OSX (might work with other versions but I haven't tested this yet). Using the free program KextHelper, first install your modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext, repair disk permissions using Disk Utility, and reboot.
8. Again using KextHelper, then install your modified RadeonHD.kext, repair disk permissions, and reboot. If you get a kernel panic, reboot using -v -f commands.
9. If all boots well, you should now be able to change your screen resolution to 1280 x 800 with QE/CI.

The only problem I have now is mouse tearing. But I'm sure that's an easy fix. I just haven't looked into it.

Let me know how it goes for you!

UPDATE: I've created a PDF guide with images for the above steps. Let me know what you think!

Hi,

is there any chance for x1450? I tried but no work. If I use SwithResX on MAC I get a different EDID than softMCCS in Seven. Which one do I have to use?

Grazie! :)

chronosxx

chronosxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can also confirm this works on Snow Leopard with a X1400 card.

...and can confirm that the X1400 works on a E1705 (probably a 9400) @ 1920x1200x32, as well, with QE, on the laptop panel, if available.

Still working on:
1) Core Duo issue as VoodooTSC is being rejected by the kernel
2) Display and Computer Sleep do not function correctly

Working:
1) Wireless Ethernet
2) Wired Ethernet
3) DVD movies (Using Front Row)
4) Battery state
5) Bluetooth
6) HD Audio
7) SD card reader
8) ATI X1400 graphics @ 1920x1200x32 QE-enabled
9) Mouse, keyboard, trackpad scrolling, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Attached Files

ZKO

ZKO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, i did all that we can see in this instruction in order to launch my radeon x1400 native resolution and qe. Now i have 1400x900 and qe is enabled. But i cann't use 3d app. for example chess or different games or app. Is it really to launch 3d games using this radeonhd and x1000 drivers. Somebody use x1400 to play games, use the dvd player? (dell inspiron 9400 + i'deneb 10.5.8) 

nickzhu

nickzhu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
It doesn't work on my x1400 on E1505, I can get into the system, but the screen looks like this

Posted Image

If I start with -v, i can't get into the system

Posted Image

I can see Mac drive on Windows 7. Do I delete the Ati and Radon Kext from system/library/extension, and delete cache? But after I did this, I cannot get in the system.

mascarpone films

mascarpone films

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, think you can help with this matter.

Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705

ati radeon X1400 working fine on laptops lcd, but I need to work with 2 external lcds (extended desktop) without using (turning off) the Delllcd.
I see the desktop on both external panels (1680x1050) but cant get the extended desktop...I see both with the desktop (mirror) and the dell lcd does not turn off

IDENEB leopard 10.5.8 everything working fine but this.
Core 2 duo 2 gb ram.

WandaL

WandaL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ATI Mobility radeon X1400 runs gr8 with this kexts full resolution with QE/CI and hardware acceleration on Leopard 10.5.8.
Even latest radeonHD kext removes mouse tearing completely.
However, using these kexts with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 gives full resolution but no QE/CI or hardware acceleration.

Anyone got QE/CI working in Snow Leo using this on mobility x1400?

jonwang

jonwang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

<br />ATI Mobility radeon X1400 runs gr8 with this kexts full resolution with QE/CI and hardware acceleration on Leopard 10.5.8.<br />Even latest radeonHD kext removes mouse tearing completely.<br />However, using these kexts with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 gives full resolution but no QE/CI or hardware acceleration.<br /><br />Anyone got QE/CI working in Snow Leo using this on mobility x1400?<br />

<br /><br /><br />me too

michaspoli

michaspoli

Spo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Have Fun
SL-Server Kextfiles!!! Now i have a fully working X1400mobility on an Snowleopard Retail 10.6.2

I have the same Problem with snowleopard - no QE / CI.
I have full resolution, can change resolution, but cannot make screenshots.

Now i have a fully working X1400mobility on an Snowleopard Retail 10.6.2
QE / CI working and OpenGL working. FrontRow works. Screensaver works. Screenshots works.

Here my KextPackage.
Spo´s Lenovo R60 kext Package

Important kextfiles:RadeonHD.kext, ATIX1400Radeon.kext, ATISupport.kext

RCKSTr

RCKSTr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

I just installed OS X 10.5.7 from the iATKOS v7 disc, it works great now.
However, I had to re-install because after following the guide on the first page, my PC didn't boot properly. I got to the Apple logo with the spinning wheel but it just stayed there. Another attempt saw it get past that screen and onto a blue screen with a spinny wheel. However, the wheel just kept appearing and disappearing every ten seconds or so... :-(

Does anyone have any advice? I really want 1280*800! I'm typing this from my "Mac" atm, 1024*768... Yuck...

Here's my laptop specs:
Dell Inspiron 6400
Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
2GB RAM
ATI X1400

Thanks very much. :-)

s77

s77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
YEESSS!!!!

Dell 9400
1.83 C2D
4 GB DDR2
x1400

ITS WORK!!!

TY!!!

ugie

ugie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Big Thanks michael

with your kext my dell 6400 ati x1400 fully working on snow leopard 64bit

frontrow is OK, only games I cannot play

nazorey

nazorey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

9. If all boots well, you should now be able to change your screen resolution to 1280 x 800 with QE/CI.

The only problem I have now is mouse tearing. But I'm sure that's an easy fix. I just haven't looked into it.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Hi, insaneguy!
Big thanx to u for your work. Now my x1400 is working, and I can change resolution. But my QE is still unavailable.
I suppose, because of this I have my VLC and DVD players don't start.
You know, I read somewhere I must have ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin coming alone with the ATIRadeonX1000.kext in the Extensions folder to make QE is available.
So could u please upload here your additional ATIRadeonX1000 stuff? If you have it, of course :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy