• Please log in to reply
1907 replies to this topic

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Eureka, I've sleep...and most important of all, my rig runs around 40c with vanilla speedstepping. @mm67, can you check your temperature and do the AppleLPC trick, which is to add one of Apple's default device ID into DSDT. This makes CST info appear in IO register. AFter that do check your temperature again.

For me, atleast, I either used to get low temp speedstep with out sleep or high temp speedstep with sleep.
Obviously, this thread helped me in getting low temp with sleep.

Many thanks to Master Chief and all the people who contributed.

@Master Chief, looking forward to having vanilla restart and shutdown without any OpenHaltRestart kext. I have shutdown without the kext but restart isn't working ;) without the kext

attachment removed...please see first post for attachment

No need to mess with device-id on my board, it's correct as default.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

No need to mess with device-id on my board, it's correct as default.

Do you have CST-info in IOReg? Because I was just going to ask how to get it appear there. :-)

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Do you have CST-info in IOReg? Because I was just going to ask how to get it appear there. :-)

Yes I do. Do you have AppleLPC loading like this ?

Attached File  Screen_shot_2009_10_19_at_17.17.51.png   176.58KB   474 downloads

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Yes I do. Do you have AppleLPC loading like this ?

Attached File  Screen_shot_2009_10_19_at_17.17.51.png   176.58KB   474 downloads

Nope, AppleLPC doesn't load for me. Do I need to edit DSDT to enable it somehow? What kind of temps are you getting mm67?

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
You need to patch the device ID of your LPC device in the DSDT so that it matches one of the device IDs in AppleLPC.kext.
I don't know how important it is but guess it's safest to pick the device ID that is closest to your real one.

Here's how to patch device IDs via DSDT:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=168014

If you can't find your LPC device in the DSDT (Gigabyte calls it "PX40" I think?) use lspci to look up what address it has, and then search the DSDT for it by address.

Sometimes it can help to look at other people's DSDT and see how they did it, even if they don't have the same hardware as you.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

You need to patch the device ID of your LPC device in the DSDT so that it matches one of the device IDs in AppleLPC.kext.
I don't know how important it is but guess it's safest to pick the device ID that is closest to your real one.

Here's how to patch device IDs via DSDT:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=168014

If you can't find your LPC device in the DSDT (Gigabyte calls it "PX40" I think?) use lspci to look up what address it has, and then search the DSDT for it by address.

Sometimes it can help to look at other people's DSDT and see how they did it, even if they don't have the same hardware as you.

Alright, got it working, temps seem a bit lowered as well, not quite at the Disabler.kext levels yet though(?). :( Next up SBUS?

<offtopic>Oh, and what does this mean? Why don't I have min_freq defined here?

$ sysctl -a | grep freq
hw.busfrequency = 1332000000
hw.cpufrequency = 2666000000
hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000
hw.busfrequency: 1332000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 1332000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 1332000000
hw.cpufrequency: 2666000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 2666000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 2666000000
hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000

</offtopic>

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
It doesn't show the minimum bus and CPU frequencies here either (smbios injection issue maybe?) but P- and C-states are working.

hw.busfrequency = 1332000000
hw.cpufrequency = 3166000000
hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000
hw.busfrequency: 1332000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 1332000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 1332000000
hw.cpufrequency: 3166000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 3166000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 3166000000
hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000

When doing the SBUS, check if you really need to patch the device ID like Master Chief has done - I didn't need to. Check the device ID of your SMBus controller with lspci.
Don't forget to grab his LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext - if you're not using MacPro3,1 or MacPro4,1 as model identifier (see post below) go through the plist and change all instances of "P5K PRO" so that it matches yours (for example, I replaced all instances of "P5K PRO" with iMac9,1 which is the model identifer I use).

Here's all my stuff.. not Gigabyte but it may still be useful to you as a reference:
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1297946
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1299409

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
I want you guys&gals to remove (comment out first if you like) the device_id bits of Method _DSM in all Device (UHCn) then tell me which board you have (ICH9 or ICH10) and if it works for you, or not of course.

After that I want another go with the EHCI/UHCI devices, simply because this is what Apple (MacPro3,1) expects to find:

EHCI: pci8086,293a
UHCI: pci8086,293c

Try these (the last parts only/in reverse order of course) plus my extra bits in _DSM()

I first want to finish this part before attacking something else, and since we're not done yet... go test it for me! Thanks.

<snip />

When doing the SBUS, check if you really need to patch the device ID like Master Chief has done - I didn't need to. Check the device ID of your SMBus controller with lspci.
Don't forget to grab his LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext - go through the plist and change all instances of the model identifer (Master Chief uses P5K PRO) so that it matches yours.

The latest incarnation should work with: P5K PRO, MacPro3,1 and MacPro4,1 Available in the P5K PRO Snow Leopard thread.

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

I want you guys&gals to remove (comment out first if you like) the device_id bits of Method _DSM in all Device (UHCn) then tell me which board you have (ICH9 or ICH10) and if it works for you, or not of course.

After that I want another go with the EHCI/UHCI devices, simply because this is what Apple (MacPro3,1) expects to find:

EHCI: pci8086,293a
UHCI: pci8086,293c

Try these (the last parts only/in reverse order of course) plus my extra bits in _DSM()

You mean like this ?

Attached File  usbtest3.dsl.zip   11.29KB   68 downloads

ICH10 and works.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

You mean like this ?

ICH10 and works.

Fine. And what about removing "AAPL,clock-id" and using the other "AAPL..." items? That also works for you?

Edit: You don't seem to have a working SBUS/EC Device combo. And that might explain why I don't need the extra bits. Could you please rename... what was it PX43 (?) to SBUS and make it work by adding the missing parts? And don't forget device EC ok ;)

I'm aware that it requires more of your free time, but it might help other GB owners a lot!

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Fine. And what about removing "AAPL,clock-id" and using the other "AAPL..." items? That also works for you?

Removing AAPL,clock-id causes ehci ports to show up as expansion slots.

William Parker

William Parker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hi,
Been following this with identical results, down up to this post. I still am unable to wake from my Apple keyboard. Any suggestions please?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Hi,
Been following this with identical results, down up to this post. I still am unable to wake from my Apple keyboard. Any suggestions please?

So where's my crystal ball? Yes, your dsdt please!

p.s. Don't you have a Device (SBUS) yet? Then please add/fix it first.

keeza

keeza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I think you forgot to remove "Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)", on line 593. :( Just comparing differences, and it caught my eye.

On a second note:

Added a fix to make SATA drives be recognized as built-in, which allows you to remove IOACHIBlockStorageInjector.kext.

TIP: Search for "Device (PRIM)" and then scroll up just a bit. You should see the code "FAS0, FAS1" etc. just above that. Right after the closing curly brace, copy and paste in the code in bold:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Device (PRIM)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized) _linenums:0'>FAS0, 2, FAS1, 2 }<strong class='bbc'> Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) { Store (Package (0x02) { "device-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00 } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) }</strong> Device (PRIM) { Name (_ADR, Zero) Method (_GTM, 0, NotSerialized)

Source: http://efixusers.com...478&postcount=6

There are two Device (PRIM)'s in my DSDT, one for IDE1 and one for IDE2, I added the code to both of them, even though it works just fine when added to just IDE1, thought on this?

Hey, and it works! :-)

Great, works for me too!
Thanks for sharing here.

You mean like this ?

ICH10 and works.

Same results for me.
Trying now to work out why my cinema display is giving me trouble....

Attached Files

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Ok, I'm in need of more specific information on how to add SBUS and EC to my DSDT. Anybody care to write a miniguide on the subject? :-) Oh, and including what the kext's that are floating around do (LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext, LegacyAGPM.kext).

Thanks.

Btw, I lost my headphone autodetection, any thoughts on the cause? At the moment I don't have working sleep, and the headphone thing. Otherwise everything is working as it should, except the missing SBUS etc of course. Here's my DSDT for debugging:
Attached File  DSDT_rc5.31.dsl.zip   15.26KB   9 downloads

keeza

keeza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Ok, I'm in need of more specific information on how to add SBUS and EC to my DSDT. Anybody care to write a miniguide on the subject? :-) Oh, and including what the kext's that are floating around do (LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.kext, LegacyAGPM.kext).

Thanks.

Btw, I lost my headphone autodetection, any thoughts on the cause? At the moment I don't have working sleep, and the headphone thing. Otherwise everything is working as it should, except the missing SBUS etc of course. Here's my DSDT for debugging:
Attached File  DSDT_rc5.31.dsl.zip   15.26KB   9 downloads

Try this, still a work in progress for me.

Attached Files

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Ok, I'm in need of more specific information on how to add SBUS and EC to my DSDT. Anybody care to write a miniguide on the subject?

Download Master Chief's latest DSDT from here:
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1280888
Open the .dsl and compare to yours. Then start editing.

Read the whole P5K Pro thread, and this too:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=181631

William Parker

William Parker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

So where's my crystal ball? Yes, your dsdt please!

p.s. Don't you have a Device (SBUS) yet? Then please add/fix it first.

Sure thing. 2 files one called DSDT.dsl which is the current edit, working okay, and the koalal.dsl which was output from the patcher by fixing LAN, NVIDIA, HDEF, HPET, etc. only.
Thank you for looking.

Attached Files

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Edit: You don't seem to have a working SBUS/EC Device combo. And that might explain why I don't need the extra bits. Could you please rename... what was it PX43 (?) to SBUS and make it work by adding the missing parts? And don't forget device EC ok ;)

I'm aware that it requires more of your free time, but it might help other GB owners a lot!

Here is one with SBUS and EC, still can't remove those clock-id's from ehci devices.
Attached File  usbtest.dsl.zip   12.91KB   79 downloads

William Parker

William Parker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Just an FYI. This took me in when I was sitting in front my computer with the air conditioner full blast. I had fixed dsdt & temps were around 33 C @idle. Next day I was back again @43-44. The weather was pleasant & so the AC was off, & I was ripping apart my dsdt to see what went wrong. Food was fuel for my brain, for while having lunch it struck me to switch the AC on & I was back @ 33.
So friends ambient temperatures do make a significant difference.
Hope this saves someone a wild goose chase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy