• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Do you port Applicatios only, or can you port drivers??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apps only... I'm actually very new to Mac OS X programming... I've done programming for Palm devices, Solaris, Windows, Web apps, and most recently for Monowall (FreeBSD). Haven't written anything for Mac OS X yet though.

donniedarko

donniedarko

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
and now i'm sad :/
let's try itunes and photoshop
i'm joking.

Kettobase

Kettobase

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Think you could get Shapeshifter to work? There's a prefsystem error

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I would like to see an aMule Universal Binery. The PPC version is pretty slow with rosetta. I tried to recompile it myself, but I am not able to get wxMac running. Perhaps someone with more skills like me is able to get an Universal Binery aMule up and running.

Thanks in advance!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but aMule does not appear to be an Xcode project... And I wouldn't know where to begin to convert it to one.

Steve Jobs made it sound like your app must be converted to Xcode before you can create Universal binaries... If it is possible to do via command-line GCC, I don't know how... I've been spoiled by nice GUI compilers, I guess..

Paul

Velvet Nightmare

Velvet Nightmare

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
A stable version of Shapshifter would be pretty cool. However, I've had it do a LOT of damage to other computers, real Macs running OSX, so I still don't like it too much, but if a solid port was possible, I would give it a try.

Course you need to source...

donniedarko

donniedarko

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
real mac running osx but soon real mac will run real x86 apps

lamer0

lamer0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

To all those wanting AdiumX...  Sorry...  I've been unable to get it to compile at all...  It looked like libgaim was the issue, so I downloaded it and tried compiling the latest version of it...  In looking at the code, it appears to be coverted to be Universal, but so far I can't get it to finish compiling either, complaining about a PPC/Intel issue (if I remember right)...

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Decent port of adium? umm.. ya http://lamer0.com/ports.html - its rock solid. I also got desktop manager up there as well.

donniedarko

donniedarko

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
it's solid but as i said before
no file transfer and no avatar update.

cwestpha

cwestpha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
From what Jobs said only this new X Code supports Universal at the moment. However Apple people said they are going to be working with others to show them how to make compilers so their dev apps will work. I belive this is how Intel is working on porting its dev utilities to the Mac and how that one company that was the big Mac dev suite (blanking on the name) intends to continue Mac support (as they claimed).

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

http://www.feedface....cts/ffview.html

ffview please, the only opengl imageviewer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok.. This is a Universal binary... Since I've never used this before, I couldn't do much in the way of testing.. It does execute on Intel, though.

Please let me know how well it works.

Paul

Edit: Removed link - See my reply later in this post with a fixed version.

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Think you could get Shapeshifter to work? There's a prefsystem error

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, without the source, I don't have a chance of getting it to work...

cabron

cabron

They are in KIJUJU

• Gurus
  • 732 posts
shapeshifter needs ape
and ape works on amost of suxanity applications, shapeshifter won't work on x86 (with ape installed)

weird? yeah!!!

I tried to contact unsanity and asking about a beta or test version of shapeshifter for x86 i gave just a "not yet" for awanser.

maybe a hacking can get it working?
i really don't know.

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Decent port of adium? umm.. ya http://lamer0.com/ports.html  - its rock solid. I also got desktop manager up there as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't have much luck with either of those... Desktop Manager gave me "PPC_THREAD" related errors when trying to compile for Intel... Adium was giving me all sorts of trouble...

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Please for the love of god port OSXVNC. I need a good VNC server so I can work and show off my OS X install to non-belivers.

Its a SourceForge project so all of the source code should be there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe this is already a Universal...

And if it's not, you don't need it anyhow.. Just use Apple's Remote Desktop as a VNC server. Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Apple Remote Desktop and enable it. With it highlighted, hit the "Access Privileges" button. Select the User you want it to run for, and check the "VNC viewers may control screen with password:" and enter a password. You can leave everything else unchecked, since it doesn't really matter for VNC viewers controlling it.

Paul

DellOsX

DellOsX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Think you could get flash working in Deer Park? Or an x86 build of firefox with flashworking?

lamer0

lamer0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
how is my adium port unstable, I been running it for 3 days straight while connected to multiple IM services without a hitch. If your crashing its most likely on your end.

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts

how is my adium port unstable, I been running it for 3 days straight while connected to multiple IM services without a hitch. If your crashing its most likely on your end.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I run lamer's port and I have no issues either. I even run stuff over an ssh socks4 proxy and it runs great.

ptaylor

ptaylor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Think you could get flash working in Deer Park? Or an x86 build of firefox with flashworking?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought someone already had x86 firefox with flash working... I was actually thinking about revisiting my Shiira build to see if I can get plug-ins to work on Intel.. Just not sure where to start.. :)

Paul

kraz

kraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
x86 Adium port is indeed stable, but does it properly support gaimlib? I use Gadu-Gadu, which gives me a gaimlib error while I'm trying to connect to server. However, verything works fine in the PPC version.
Just my 2 cents. Good job on the port.

cabron

cabron

They are in KIJUJU

• Gurus
  • 732 posts

I run lamer's port and I have no issues either. I even run stuff over an ssh socks4 proxy and it runs great.

i will try it here
because every time when i get a message or a contact join or quit, the adium runs slower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy