• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
wow, this thread might cause me to reinstall osx on my thinkpad, lets hope it works for mobility 3650.

idan2009

idan2009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Dong,

I've tried on my Toshiba P200 with ATI HD2600 and I got perfect 1440x900 resolution.
Really really great

Thanks you for your work

Nick14

Nick14

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
How am i suppose to get my EDID ? :)

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
yes! worked for my mobility 3650, now to play around with getting the qe/ci working.

some people had success with a mobility 3650 on a toshiba because the display connector was different from what every other manufacturer uses, and that connector was supported by the framebuffer. Am im i correct to hypothesize that with this framebuffer as long as i get atiradeonx2000.kext to load correctly and use this framebuffer kext it should theoretically work?

verma

verma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi Dong,

I've tried on my Toshiba P200 with ATI HD2600 and I got perfect 1440x900 resolution.
Really really great

Thanks you for your work

Did you get qe/ci working?

milanca

milanca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
GREAT work dong!

Sony VAIO with HD 3400 works just fine, resolution change etc, atom bios in VESA mode. Just great!! I am running ubuntu on it, now again there is hope for OSX. I booted SL from usb hdd.

I wanted to try QE/CI, was too eager ;-) but immediate KP upon X2000.kext was loaded (with inserted ID).

Keep up the great work bud !!!

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

Am im i correct to hypothesize that with this framebuffer as long as i get atiradeonx2000.kext to load correctly and use this framebuffer kext it should theoretically work?

I wanted to try QE/CI, was too eager ;-) but immediate KP upon X2000.kext was loaded (with inserted ID).

RadeonHD currently works the same way as IONDRVSupport, thus it will not help much if QE/CI previously not work in VESA mode.

BrendenM

BrendenM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Awesome!! Finally found something that works on my Lenovo t60p with 10.6.

I am however having another issue and I don't know if it's related but it does deal with graphics. Basically I can't capture any screenshots either using the Shift+CMD+4 (it seems to work but nothing is saved to the desktop) or Grab (it takes a shot but it is blank). I also can't create a slideshow in iPhoto.

yazz2020

yazz2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I found that Backlight tuning for DIG output is not commented out previously, that could be your problem. Here are versions with or without BL, give them a try.

Hi Dong

Tried the two kexts for 10.6 32bit. No luck.
10.6 with BL system boots okay, loose backlight for 1 sec, backlight then comes on for a second and then permanatly off. System running okay but screen is blank. Kernal log attached

10.6 with no BL, system just freezes before launching Desktop. No effect on backligh. Kernal log has no entries for RadeonHD possibly indicating Kext loading causes system to fail. System does not crash as there is no crash report.

Attached Files

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

I tested
Black screen RadeonHD.kext.10.6withBL.zip and RadeonHD.kext.10.6noBL.zip black screen also

Please test this one with full backlight function.
Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.10.6.zip   187.47KB   188 downloads

thebestnono1

thebestnono1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Bonsoir
Super Merci Beaucoup Marche avec mon ati hd 4530 résolution ok; il ne reste qu'a résoudre le problème de l'accélération QE/CI

cordialement

the best nono

Good evening
Super thanks many March with my ati hd 4530 resolution ok; it remains as a problem of acceleration EQ/CI

Kind regards

the best nono

vsbalint

vsbalint

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi
Its amazing to say that there is progress with the Ati cards,
I have a HP6910p laptop with ATI X2300 vendor 1002 deid 7188 and try to use it on Leopard
Is there any chance that your kext works with my card? This is not a HD compatible card as far as I know

Balint

netkas

netkas

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 616 posts
>Currently I still don't know what causes the mouse tearing when QE/CI is enabled. I have this problem myself.

I had same problem with callisto+9600card+qe/ci

something missing in FB yet

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hello,
After a one day struggle I finally have a functional Ubuntu install with radeonhd working (without acceleration for now).

So here is an Xorg log that may help you finding what's wrong with modestting:

Attached File  0x7284_0x1734_0x10ac.Xorg.0.log.txt   21.74KB   27 downloads

I hope it'll help.

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

Hello,
After a one day struggle I finally have a functional Ubuntu install with radeonhd working (without acceleration for now).

So here is an Xorg log that may help you finding what's wrong with modestting:

Attached File  0x7284_0x1734_0x10ac.Xorg.0.log.txt   21.74KB   27 downloads

I hope it'll help.

The connector table is different from the previous one. I replaced it and here is the kext: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.10.5.zip   164.38KB   33 downloads
I added an option "enableBacklight" in Info.plist and default to on.

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

The connector table is different from the previous one. I replaced it and here is the kext: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.10.5.zip   164.38KB   33 downloads
I added an option "enableBacklight" in Info.plist and default to on.

AAH! I had to turn the "enableBacklight" option off, but I have Resolution chaging!

However, colors are still bluish… The monitor calibration has no effect. I attached a system.log, and I'll post ioregs (one with your driver, and one with Tiger's one) to see if there's any difference.

EDIT: Here are the ioregs:
Attached File  lebidou.x1900M.ioreg.atindrv.txt   29.82KB   11 downloads
Attached File  lebidou.x1900M.ioreg.radeonhd.txt   7.65KB   6 downloads

Attached Files

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

The monitor calibration has no effect.

Monitor calibration has no effect here too

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

However, colors are still bluish€ The monitor calibration has no effect. I attached a system.log, and I'll post ioregs (one with your driver, and one with Tiger's one) to see if there's any difference.

EDIT: Here are the ioregs:
Attached File  lebidou.x1900M.ioreg.atindrv.txt   29.82KB   11 downloads
Attached File  lebidou.x1900M.ioreg.radeonhd.txt   7.65KB   6 downloads

I'm sorry to say that I can't get much from the above information at this time. Can you post the 10.4.7 driver you used? I'll try to look at it to check if anything special applied to the card.

thebestnono1

thebestnono1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
bonjour
toujour un bug changement de résolution et écran noir pour la carte ati hd4530 sous snow 106.1
cordialement

the best nono

Good afternoon
always a bug resolution change and black screen for the hd4530 under snow 106.1 ati card
Kind regards

the best nono

yazz2020

yazz2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Dong

Thanks for the new kext. Works only if debug mode is set to Yes in info.plist and have to reboot twice. First boot system stalls before loading desktop on reboot get to desktop and able to change resolution. This is for snow kext 32bit. Kernal log attached.

Will try and test for 10.5.8 and see if result is the same.

Good work.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy