ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

Very good work, DONG¡¡¡¡¡¡ Thanks for yours drivers.

These drivers only work in 10.5 ? For me work only in kalyway 10.5.2 full resolution for my card 1440x900x32

Now I have installed SNOW 10.6.1 and no luck for any of yours drives, don't load any driver.

DELL STUDIO 1737

Intel ICH9M/M

ATI HD3650 PCIe 0x9591

4GB 800 MHZ RAM

2.40 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo P8600

Snow 10.6.1

Some informacion for this card HD3650 PCIe, is working in 10.6 ?

Thanks all

Very good work, DONG¡¡¡¡¡¡ Thanks for yours drivers.

These drivers only work in 10.5 ? For me work only in kalyway 10.5.2 full resolution for my card 1440x900x32

Now I have installed SNOW 10.6.1 and no luck for any of yours drives, don't load any driver.

try booting snow with the -x32 flag. this driver isn't 64bit compatible yet, and pc_efi boots snow in 64 bits by default.

Amazing! Works w/o any flaws.

1280x800 native, CI/QE also on Mobility X2300 (non-HD), X1000 extension loaded.

Resolution switch possible.

Nice Job!

HI

I have the same card, but not too much success,,,,

What OS are you using? WHat other components you besides RadeonHD.kext?

Balint

Thanks for your information Lebidou¡¡¡¡.

Work for me , not all resolutions only 1440x900 in Preferences of System, I can't change the resolution.

I've used boot flag -x32 in boot plist and this ok, i kit all ATI kexts and I've installed this one RadeonHD.kext ATOM BIOS -12/10

Any idea for change the resolution?

Thanks for all!

DELL STUDIO 1737

Intel ICH9M/M

ATI HD3650 PCIe 0x9591

4GB 800 MHZ RAM

Snow 10.6.1

PC EFI 10.5

Thanks for this one...i can finally change my resolution...

I'm running on Toshiba M300 with HD 3470 on it..

BUT i have some issue....

The mouse cursor has no shape (i can't find the english word, sorry for my bad english),,,

Is there any way to fix this?

I'm joping you would be kind to answer to my probelm..thanks a lot before...

I'm using this one....10.5 RadeonHD.kext.10.5.zip

So far I have successfully installed 10/20 drivers (since I do not have any mouse glitching issues with these, and would rather not have a skewed cursor) on both iDeneb 10.5.8 and iATKOS v7 on my hp tx2z.

Now if I can just get to to fall asleep good... any takers?

The mouse cursor has no shape (i can't find the english word, sorry for my bad english),,,

Is there any way to fix this?

Try set "enableHWCursor" in Info.plist to "false" to see if it helps.
Now if I can just get to to fall asleep good... any takers?
No support for this currently.

Hello DONG¡¡¡¡¡ Great job thanks, I have tested all yours drivers 10.6, and this is the result:

28/10/09-RadeonHD.kext 10.6 Work ten, all resolutions, but mouse cursor is a colored stain ,but work/

I've made this:Try set "enableHWCursor" in Info.plist to "false" / Not Work

28/10/09-RadeonHD.10.6src Not loaded

10/20/09-RadeonHD.10.6 Work two resolutions 1280x1020 and 1440x900 mouse ok

10/1709-RadeonHD.kext.10.6 Work two resolutions 1280x1020 and 1440x900 mouse ok

10/14/09-RadeonHD.kext.10.6 Work two resolutions 1280x1024 75HZ and 1440x900 61HZ mouse ok

10/13/09-RadeonHD.kextnoBLhasBios 10.6 Work one resolution 1440x900 mouse ok

10/13/09-RadeonHD.kext.noBLnoBios Not boot the System

10/12/09-RadeonHD.kext .AtomBios 10.6 Work two resolutions 1280x1024 and 1440x900 mouse ok

10/12/09-RadeonHD.kext.noBios 10.6 Not boot the system

Thanks for all!

DELL STUDIO 1737

Intel ICH9M/M

ATI HD3650 PCIe 0x9591

4GB 800 MHZ RAM

Snow 10.6.1

PC EFI 10.5

28/10/09-RadeonHD.kext 10.6 Work ten, all resolutions, but mouse cursor is a colored stain ,but work/

I've made this:Try set "enableHWCursor" in Info.plist to "false" / Not Work

Did you rebuild the kernel cache after set "enableHWCursor" in Info.plist to "false"? In 10.6, you must touch /S/L/E sometimes.

Try set "enableHWCursor" in Info.plist to "false" to see if it helps.

No support for this currently.

Thanks, DONG¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

The touch in S/L/E worked! It is the solution. It works for me.

Now, it's all ok! :(

Thanks a lot, :)

Thanks for the reply...I am very new to this mac...

Could you be kind to guide me how to do the changes?? Thanks again for your kindness to reply..

For dong..

Thanks for the reply...I am very new to this mac...

Could you be kind to guide me how to do the changes on info.plist?? Thanks again for your kindness to reply..

hi all. I have mobility radeon x 1400 on my laptop. I install radeonHD but my card is not work whis it. How i can install driver for it? Please ho can, give instruction for me.

P.S

I have serios problem whis english, becose i am from Russian)))) :P

excellent excellent ! :(

just tried out the latest version, and mouse tearing is gone completely on my X1400 mobility!

yeah, mouse cursor got skewed, but if i change the cursor size in system preferences, there is a size when it gets ok. the mouse is no more skewed, only the cursor is bigger than usual.

post-38872-1257263308_thumb.jpg

hi all. I have mobility radeon x 1400 on my laptop. I install radeonHD but my card is not work whis it. How i can install driver for it? Please ho can, give instruction for me.

P.S

I have serios problem whis english, becose i am from Russian)))) ;)

hi! what laptop do you have ?

first you need to get the EDID of your laptop monitor with this windows software :

http://www.tucows.com/preview/329441

save it into a binary file (.bin i think)

then you convert it to b64 encoding (i used total commander for that)

you download radeonhd.kext, which looks as a folder in windows, you open the plist.info for editing. copy your EDID in b64 format into this part <key>EDID</key>...<data> (i did this on windows too)

then you install the edited Radeonhd.kext with OSX86Tools which is the easiest way if you dont want to mess around with unix commands ( http://osx86tools.googlecode.com/files/OSX...ols_1.0.150.zip )

reboot, and cross your fingers :ninja:

yeah, mouse cursor got skewed, but if i change the cursor size in system preferences, there is a size when it gets ok. the mouse is no more skewed, only the cursor is bigger than usual.
Just tried this, it has no effect on some other cursor shapes such as the finger shape.

Thanks DONG!!!!The super. B);):)

Unique kext‚ at which at me video sees a computer.

The truth gives out not my permissions of the monitor and in certain cases frequency (and at 75 Mhz the monitor floats). Probably not that kext‚ has put? (From such abundance of variations it was confused)

What should be put on Kalivej 10.5. *?

9TkW5yaK9c.jpg

And I already otchailsja - still a little bit also would began to study itself as to write the driver))))) Forgive for English I write through the translator.

CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P7350

Etna GM

Intel PM45 82801 lM(ICH-9M)

BIOS : Phoenix P25

HDD: Hitachi HTS542525K...

ATI Mobility Radeon HD3430(id 95c2)

WIFI :Atheros AR5007EG

Ethernet: Realtek RTL8120E

Dong, what u think about making this FB to work with desktop radeons too(later, after u will finish porting it to IOFB), I can help with code for dumping bios from card over mmio (gives 100% fun speed issue sometimes, but still good for unposted card/etc)

Для Ole2

русский язык мне более понятен))))

суть такова. при установке драйвера ( а так как там их большое обилие не все *.kext устанавливал все по очереди) нашел более менее( чтоб курсор не превращался в полосочки)

-первый вопрос какой из всех лучше поставить ?( а то на выбор всего 4разрешения экрана и то два из них с 75Mhz мой монитор не держит на Packard Bell TN65 все плывет)

-Второй оставить ли кексты ATIRadeonX2000.kext ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin? и надо ли в них править ID на свой

-Если EDID вписывать своего монитора то есть ли какая нибудь база( или как там называется ) по производителям( а то половину параметров я пока недопонял откуда брать)

-И заключительный вопрос там есть папка (при распаковке) RadeonHD.5(расширения кекст у нее нет, соответственно упаковать ее в кекст я не могу( точнее не знаю как и надо ли?) .Надо ли ее в Extensions закидывать(там в наборе English.lprog . IOKit(вот кстати куда ее пихать), RadeonDump.dSYM, RadeonHD.xcodeproj ,rhd, .DS_Store, Info.plist, IONDRV.h, RadeonDump, RadeonDump.c, RadeonDump.cpp, и т д про дампы памяти мне они в принципе не нужны не програмер пока (верно?). да и расширения у файлов больше похоже на нескомплиированый драйвер(тоже догадки от асма))))

P.S. Стринги я так понял лучше не прописывать к этим кекстам?(толку не будет , все повиснет) ну или у меня ручки кривые)))

Спасибо за ответ

Dong, what u think about making this FB to work with desktop radeons too(later, after u will finish porting it to IOFB), I can help with code for dumping bios from card over mmio (gives 100% fun speed issue sometimes, but still good for unposted card/etc)
There is nothing to prevent it from working for desktop card, just there is better choice for them. As for the bios dump code, if you mean the one from ATIFramebuffer, I already added it in current source. But it only works for cards later than RHD_R600.

Hi

I am using iDeneb 10.5.6 on a HP6910p with ATI Radeon X2300 (1002:7188)

I try to use the latest kext and get a kernel panic

the only log file I can see is the windowserver.log

what can be the problem? I managed to have the kext run sometimes, but usually not...

I removed ATINDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX1000,kext from the normal installation

Nov 04 21:16:41 [114] (iokit/common) I/O Timeout: IOKitWaitQuiet

Nov 04 21:16:41 [114] (iokit/common) I/O Timeout: Set a breakpoint at CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are returned

Nov 04 21:16:41 [114] CGXMappedDisplayStart: Unit 0: no display alias property

Nov 04 21:20:42 [114] CGXPerformInitialDisplayConfiguration

Nov 04 21:20:42 [114] Display 0x5b81c5c0: MappedDisplay Unit 0; Vendor 0x756e6b6e Model 0x717 S/N 0; online enabled (0,0)[1024 x 768], base addr 0x21c5000

Nov 04 21:20:42 [114] AGCAttach: Couldn't find any matches

Nov 04 21:28:30 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXGetWindowWorkspace: invalid window id: 48

Nov 04 21:28:36 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXGetWindowWorkspace: invalid window id: 53

Nov 04 21:29:18 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXSetWindowListTags: Operation on a window 0x6 not owned by caller SecurityAgent

Nov 04 21:29:42 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXGetWindowWorkspace: invalid window id: 68

Nov 04 21:29:46 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXGetWindowWorkspace: invalid window id: 76

Nov 04 21:29:55 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXGetWindowWorkspace: invalid window id: 7b

Nov 04 21:35:59 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXSetWindowListTags: Operation on a window 0x6 not owned by caller loginwindow

Nov 04 21:36:01 [114] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXGetWindowWorkspace: invalid window id: 8

dong, you are the MAN! This is my first post ever at this forum after a couple of weeks of reading various topics to get my laptop running, and looking at other posts, it seemed like people with X1400's were screwed; until you stepped up! I think I joined the OSx86 community at just the right time (when almost all issues for my clunky dell have been resolved).

The driver is works quite well out of the box (I never replaced the default EDID because various techiniques I tried failed to get the value for me... but there's a promising post right above me, so I might give it another try). I started with the iPC 10.5.6 distro, web-updated to 10.5.8, used the DSDT patcher (no additional mods to the DSDT, I'm a total noob) and after modifying the ATIX1000 kext with my device id/vendor id and then adding your RadeonHD kext I was able to get native 1680x1050 on my Dell E1505/6400. Interestingly though, the mouse cursor was showing up a if the arrow had exploded into million pieces and were floating in a 1"x1" area. Once I reverted the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the patched 1.0.3 (from iPC 10.5.6) to get my powermanagement.bundle working, the cursor get somewhat normal.

I have 3 minor issues to report:

* I also get the skewed mouse cursor that you mentioned in your post, and may have some random info that might help you figure out the root cause: while trying to get the powermanagement.bundle that the iPC distro installed working again after the 10.5.8 update, I noticed that if I used the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext that came with iPC 10.5.6 (version 59.0.1). the cursor appeared normal, but I had issues using the dell function key to dim and brighten the display. If I used the version that came with 10.5.8 update (version 76.2.0) the cursor appeared skewed, but the backlight dimming worked. Ofcourse I have no idea how these things are related, but perhaps it'll be of benefit to you.

* Computer goes to sleep (mouse disappears) when asked to or when lid is closed, but the display remains on. It's just the display.... seems like the backlight doesn't turn off. Any ideas?

* When I get to the login screen it's not 1680x1050; instead it's 1400x1050 stretched across the screen. This is likely a Chameleon issue (I have 1680x1050 in Boot.plist, but it still is starting at 1400x1050) and as soon as I login my desktop is the correct 1680x1050. Logging off also brings me to the correct 1680x1050 experience. It's just when I boot up.

Overall though, your work is outstanding, and I really appreciate the effort that liberated my video card. Much thanks!

System Specs:

Dell E1505 (aka Dell 6400)

Intel Core 2 Duo

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

SigmaTel 9200 (g)