ATI Mobility RADEON HD 2600 HELP

andrean

100 posts in this topic

Anyone making head way?? I'm struggling bad over here.

I can enable QE/CI, but on external only, I go back and change some code and I get internal but not QE/CI. So frustrating.

:D:) :) :P:)

hi friend,

now i have internal display qe/ci with ATY_Hipoprion from iMach mob HD2600 kext and RadeonHD framebuffer, but if i try to change screen resolution up to 1024x768 display go out of sync.

look the picture

i think is possible i change something into RadeonHD to connect correctly to ATIRadeonX2000 plugin to fix this problem...

screen.jpg

Ipower, I've had a similar experience, but instead of out of sync, my screen went technic color, real freaky like.

least your getting some where. where did you find this file? I'm interested now. The only different version one I have is from the macbook update.

yes, i extracdet the ATIRadeonX200.kext and ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin from iMac GraphicsUpdateSoftware1.1.

i'm trying so different mix of file because some plugin like AGP drive and each other turn internal display OFF. only imach and "x1600" let intenal display still ON... propably self framebuffer are compiled with different setting, because a different versione of same framebuffer cause a different display output.

now my idea is to use RadeonHD frame buffer with imac ATIRadeonX2000 accelerator but it causes a bad sync.. if i set resolution to 1024x768 all work fine. in ioReg, RadeonHD load AtiX2000 plugin correctly... i have working source of RadeonHD but i don't know where i can setup ioregistre to integrate correct acceleration. second Hypothesis , probably RadeonHD allready work with ATIRadeonX2000 but the last one are not compatible with own card M76. Then why it Works fine on VGA out?? that mein ATIRadeonX2000 are fully compatible with M76 Core there is only a GPIO setting problem i mean.. if you read a M76 datasheet you can see that it's a fully programmable GPIO pinout now wee need to understand how put a corret value into Natit plist to configure the output and other else...

Cool... I understood all that, kinda :D

ATM I have five files apart, still workin on them for the mean time. (RadeonHD, ATIRadeonX2000, ATY_Lamna,ATILead and ATINDRV)

My head is full right now :blink::wacko::blowup::( . I'm gonna take a small break for a few days, and I'll be back :smoke: .

ok, yesterday night i did some other test... the result is... ATY_Hypoprion from (imac/mac book) has a LVDS out on main Head that allow to use internal display.. in Ioreg it find internal lcd panel but not LVDS,EDID... that cause a fix resolution 1024x768... i tryied tu inject manually edid but nothing done. alway on ioreg hypoprion can't get the correct Display Io flags in mi case is "0x00000000" but internal display is recognizet as DeviceId-717.

if i replace Hypoprion with the same file from AGP package, the internal display switch off and EDID,CRT1 form vga are ok. the Display io flags is correct "0x80440000" and all resolution are availabre on vga out....

so now i try to disassemble both hypoprion bin, i hope to understand wich difference there are beetween this files...

Ok. imac hypoprion and other version are same, the problem was on hypoprion plist setting on ioClassmatch.. now the two different version on hypoprion work with same result.

now, i think to patch aty_hypoprion to enable internal display connector, the default setting allow to read ddc on vga then find correctly crt1 edid but internal display result not connected...

ok. i'm still continue my experimentation on hypoprion framebuffer... so there are a coupple of things i don't know... M76 chip hd2600 has a standard LVDS interface or that is emulate on LVTMA like as DVI/HDMI/TMSA on second head?? so i check AMD M76 register documentation and ther aren't info about LVDS out, just one little thing for LVTMA_LVDS_MODE.

i patched Hypoprion bin to force initializing LVDS out then i have on IOreg ActiveFlag=<40> and internal display shows a blue screen with strange intensity ripplle. in this case external vga is not recognized because i bypass the call to check tmdsa connection.

now i need some tool can debugg my modded bin, probably it is possible to patch some other opcode to makes Hypoprion run on internal lvds/lvtma ... any kinds of suggestion are accepted...

on pc i use ollydbg, there are some similar tool for osx ?? or some olther alternative for debugg hypoprion bin??

best regards

So, i found something good, there is a Osx Ida Pro with remote debugger server, it allowe to debug process from other machine by lan... now i try to use this method for my experimet investigation.. i hope to do something... i want use server on my laptop osx86 an run idapro52 on windows machine to debug ATY_Hypoprion..

hey guys, only me still working on this project ???? where are every body ???

so, i'm reversin ATY_Hypoprion for find a way to use it with internal lvds ati hd display. i think there is a possibility to set a correct gpio parameter for ddc and connect flag to enable lvds on intenal laptop dislay. i use hypoprion because it has lvds out on head1 used in imac.. so i need original injection for hypoprion.. some one can help me ??

best regards

hey guys, only me still working on this project ???? where are every body ???

so, i'm reversin ATY_Hypoprion for find a way to use it with internal lvds ati hd display. i think there is a possibility to set a correct gpio parameter for ddc and connect flag to enable lvds on intenal laptop dislay. i use hypoprion because it has lvds out on head1 used in imac.. so i need original injection for hypoprion.. some one can help me ??

best regards

No, i am here too, i check everyday this topic to see your progress. I also try to do some stuff but with no result, i used to mess around with hypoprion too but with no sucess (screen goes black) Some people made mobility 2400 work with ci-qe but with no backlight...i m trying the same way for mob2600...dont give up please i dont!

Also forgot to say that, the method i tried was similar to this, chapter "For Leopard 10.5.6" http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171150 . i was replacing "iago" with "hypoprion" and "iagoParent" with "hypoprionParent", unfortounately i could not update my system to 10.5.6, i was stuck in 10.5.2 do you thing this way could work? it is just an idea

Sorry Guys I've been real Busy, My wife has just had a our babies. Twin boys, I'm gonna be out for awhile, but When I can, I'll drop in, and see how things are.

Tech, your making good head way there, Keep up the good work mate.

Hello,

i want to help somehow too :(

i have an ATI mobility radeon hd 2600 XT (intel 965pm, 2x2.4 intel pynron , 2gb ram, rt73 wlan, alc883 sound, 160sata)

and it is having ideneb 1.6 10.5.8

its running smooth but have no qe/ci and 1400x1050 instead of 1680x1050 (standard in leopard is 1024x768)

know someone a resolution which suits to my display ? 15,4"

because some videos looks too wide

if you have an idea to get qe/ci or a better resolution please let me know it

at the moment i dont know which kext is running. i think noone.

installed ati_init got blackscreen and then typed in -s

/ sbin / mount-uw /

cd / system / library / extensions

rm-r ati *

reboot

(sorry for my not perfect english ^^-> iam from germany)

Hello,

i want to help somehow too :)

i have an ATI mobility radeon hd 2600 XT (intel 965pm, 2x2.4 intel pynron , 2gb ram, rt73 wlan, alc883 sound, 160sata)

and it is having ideneb 1.6 10.5.8

its running smooth but have no qe/ci and 1400x1050 instead of 1680x1050 (standard in leopard is 1024x768)

know someone a resolution which suits to my display ? 15,4"

because some videos looks too wide

if you have an idea to get qe/ci or a better resolution please let me know it

at the moment i dont know which kext is running. i think noone.

installed ati_init got blackscreen and then typed in -s

/ sbin / mount-uw /

cd / system / library / extensions

rm-r ati *

reboot

(sorry for my not perfect english ^^-> iam from germany)

hi,

you have to put a correct EDID to info.plist for your display, try to read it using a boot floppy with a little dos tool getedid.exe

about QE/CI a this time dong's radeonHD does not support acceleration because framebuffer run in VESA legacy mode, then it works as framebuffer only no qe/ci.

MY STEPS:

1.INSTALL ideneb 10.5.7 with amd patch under bootloader.

2.Pop in ideneb 10.5.8 lite version and install 10.5.8 Qoopz kernel.(note:dont install 10.5.8 just the kernel)

3.use hd2600M driver pack provided by insanelymac members.

4.followed instructions

1. Install ATI Radeon HD 2600XT AGP 10.5.6 - 10.5.x.pkg package. But do not restart.

2.Install AppleACPCIEC.kext and NATIT.kext with 'kextHelper' in 'tools' folder

Note: NATIT.kext is a key kext for graphics card. if you are going to try another drive will definitely need to reinstall this kext.

3. Install RadeonDump and RadeonHD.kext in 'RadeonHD' folder with 'kextHelper' . 

HI GOT my msi gx610 card to work its at 1280 x800 but no CE/QI stuff nor quartz.

****AT first when i switch to 1280 X 800 i got corrupt graphics but i noticed that i had (2) 1280 x 800 options so i choose the second option and walllaa i have 1280 x800 resolution.

************RESULTS BELOW***********

snapshot20091208113200.jpg

snapshot20091208001445.jpg

snapshot20091207235356.jpg

@jamdo.

hi friend, this is not a news... we know all about dong's framebuffer. (RadeonHD.kext) i olso work on it to implement the acceleration functionality.

the real problem of Mob hd2600 is the graphics mode, a this time dong's framebuffer able to change the internal display resolution only in VESA mode. VESA is a legacy mode, that not allow hardware acceleration, that mean we can not use all program needs a Qaurz Extreme and Core Image acceleration (QE/CI).

dong still works on ati radeon hd driver from linux but is not a simple work.

there is another way that i try tu step in, about a apple driver patch, to enable internal display on mobility radeon hd chip.

best regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...