Chameleon 2 RC3 r658 Installation Package

Dr. Hurt

70 posts in this topic

this is a reply on my posting?

yes this is working as expected

okay, i try it and setup starts, the animated icon is showing, and then comes a dark grey screen and nothing happends. i try some option like "-x" and "arch=i386" with no luck.

what should i do? would somebody help me?

thanks

was this directed at me? i don't have anything in my extras folder.

maybe thats the problem.

Yeah you at least need this file.

*Edit* Scratch that, you probably just need something like NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Sorry.

Edited by Dabluest

Autoloads at boot. With Chameleon 2 RC3 you may or may not need to make a mkext first.

hmm doesn't seem to work. i see a tool here for making mkexts, i should just package it and toss it in the extra folder?

hmm doesn't seem to work. i see a tool here for making mkexts, i should just package it and toss it in the extra folder?

the null power mkext came up with a new panic.

post-436441-1252826402_thumb.jpg

the null power mkext came up with a new panic.

post-436441-1252826402_thumb.jpg

Seems like you're probably missing some needed kexts. Sorry I can't be more of help.

Seems like you're probably missing some needed kexts. Sorry I can't be more of help.

I got some help in another thread.

The bios setting for the USB drive detection had to be set to 'detect as HDD' instead of auto detect.

So now it starts to load the gui but its just beach balling at the first grey screen.

I got some help in another thread.

The bios setting for the USB drive detection had to be set to 'detect as HDD' instead of auto detect.

So now it starts to load the gui but its just beach balling at the first grey screen.

i've managed to install but now i have no ide/sata drives showing up.

I just installed chameleon through the installer. Before i used a stick to boot the system.

Unfortunately chameleon seems to not work. It hungs at the boot screen of leopard. Any ideas?

I had the same problem and found out that it was a bad ide hard drive. changed drives works like a champ and tahnks to Dr Hook for the Boot loader for RC3

I had the same problem and found out that it was a bad ide hard drive. changed drives works like a champ and tahnks to Dr Hook for the Boot loader for RC3

You mean bad in terms of hardware? Because the hd i use is a brand new sata drive.

You mean bad in terms of hardware? Because the hd i use is a brand new sata drive.

Yes. The hard drive was working but kept putting 10.5.8 on two other hard drives in panic. Did everything to hard drive threw Mac side on on system disk repair but still did it. I have in the past several had hard drive go out in 3 days in the world on Microsoft

I just got mine working. Well kind of. I did a manual install to both raid slices but no matter what I try, only one of them will boot properly. Other one just does this...

Boot0: GPT

Boot0: Testing

Boot0: Testing

Boot0: Done

Then it just sits there an I have to reboot.

Can you share your install method please?

Thanks

Interesting. That's the exact same result I got (non RAID setup). It might get installed alright, but Chameleon RC3 won't startup.