Guide to install mac os x on acer aspire one d250

vjrngn123

76 posts in this topic

thanks for the guide.

i have the same machine, i'd used iDeneb 1.4, installed and boots up well but wifi (broadcom 802.11 family) isn't working, i guest the tide wasn't in favor with my sail...

i'll try gma 950 patch l8r and maybe iAtkos afterward...wish me luck though.

I wrote a tutorial on the D250 and posted it to the aceraspireoneuser.com forum (scroll down for the revised and much better version)- http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtop...=14&t=16461

I tried posting it here in the genius bar but the mods took it down for some reason D:

I wrote a tutorial on the D250 and posted it to the aceraspireoneuser.com forum (scroll down for the revised and much better version)- http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtop...=14&t=16461

I tried posting it here in the genius bar but the mods took it down for some reason D:

I tried your tutorial the updated ver at the bottom...one hang up for me maybe I missed something but I had your D250 folder on a USB drive and after the initial install of iaktos 10.5.7 the usb drives would not mount even if i left them in at boot. Any tips for me on that.

thanks.

i have same laptop and installed iatkos 10.5.5 then upgraded to 10.5.8 everything working it even shows in about this mac as processor 2 x 1.6 ghz intel core solo atheros works with kismac trick .

post-179170-1251936815_thumb.jpg

does the kismac work constantly or do u have to reinstall after every reboot

• 1 month later...

hey guys me again, long time since i posted anything about this topic . any way i found this software/driver for atheros cards (for mac), but its just a 10 mintute trial. i dont hvae access to a hackintosh, so please follow the link below, download the software and let me know how it goes. hope this works!!!

http://www.softplatz.com/Soft/Network-Inte...er-for-Mac.html

Regards,

vjrngn123

hey guys, its me again. First off, i am in no way condoning or promoting the use of mac os x on non apple computers. this is purely for testing purposes only. This is a great OS and i suggest all of you buy a copy.

first of all , donwload iDeneb v1.4 from somewhere(where you get it is not my problem)[try some torrent sites]

burn the image onto a dvd[using external dvd drive]. reboot your acer and hit f12 in the bios menu and select your external dvd drive.

Next, on the darwin screen,hit enter. wait for it to load up(this will take some time,about 5-10 mins,so be patient).

now,this is the main part. Select the disk that you just erased as mac os extended(journaled) and hit continue. now click on "Customize". In the list , select the following:(X-Drop down menu, *-Select): ????????

X Patches 10.5.6 ready

X Alternate Essential Patch

* ACPI kext 10.5.6

X PS2 Fix for ACPI kext 10.5.6(choose any one)

* PS2 Fix Mouse

X Audio

* Apple Azalia Audio

X Chipset

* ICHx Fixed

X Kernel

* Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo

X Network

X Ethernet

* AttansicL1

X Wireless

* Atheros AR5007(can try atheros wifi adapter or broadcom too)

X Fix

* Cpus=1-Fix

* Battery Manager

X System Utilities(Don't Select)

X Video

X Intel

* Intel GMA950

X Applications (choose which ever you want, but these are the one I chose. Kext helper and OSX86 tools are important)

* Adium

* Kexthelperb7

* OSX86 tools

* Pacifist

After selecting the above, click install. You can skip through the disk checking process. The whole installation process will take about 30 mins. Once the installation is complete, at the darwin boot screen,hit space and enter "-f"(without the quotes.) and hit enter.*You only have to do this the first time.

I'm trying to install -iDENEB v1.4 10.5.6 on my d250, I do not see the same thing from the pull down list , surely nothing with a X , So I'm not sure what the correct choices are ? Can someone help please

dude ive just used X and * as markers to indicate a drop down menu(see my post). In the actual install u will not find an X but will find an arrow mark.

Got ya, I should of seen that. Anyway I have it running very well, just 2 things No touchpad and no wireless. Though at the moment am using a USB thumb adapter thats working for wifi. Anyway to fix these without to a reinstall ?

Thanks

Also how do I make the system not to show hidden files ?

I found when I install iatkos 5i the cam and mic work. Sound skips. No wireless. Is there a way to take the program for the cam and mic and add it. Also anyone fig out the wireless yet? I thought I could do a wifi card swap but my friend had no luck on that yet so fig I would ask before I buy a bunch of wifi cards like him lol. And what can I do about mt double tap mouse pad can't fig that out also.. And i'm using ideneb. Thanks and I'm testing everything on a acer d250

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings All.

I am a Mac noob, but have been a PC since before IBM released their 1st PC into the wild (early tester) back in the day.

I used the instructions provided by vjrngn123 (as quoted below) and my D250 is running OSX, sorta. Like others reported, my camera, mic, and ethernet (wired and non) do not work. My resolution is apparently 800x600.

On the plus side, I saved an image from my MacBook Pro (no longer have the Mac) and my programs and data were copied to the D250 as part of the setup. VERY cool. A big Thank You to vjrngn123 and everyone else for all of the help your postings have provided.

All of that said, I need some help. As PC and tech savvy as I like to believe I am, all of this talk of kexts and other things is not part of my vocabulary.

I downloaded the G950 file and also one called D250.zip provided in another thread on this board, but I still have no idea how to get this to work. I would really like to get better screen resolution, ethernet connectivity (wired or wireless) internal preferably but can live with external, and dare I ask, camera video and audio...

Thanks in advance!

Its Tony

Dallas, Texas, USA

hey guys, its me again. First off, i am in no way condoning or promoting the use of mac os x on non apple computers. this is purely for testing purposes only. This is a great OS and i suggest all of you buy a copy.

i've tried to install iAtkos v7 too many times and it just isn't working out for me,so, i decided to try another distro---iDENEB v1.4 10.5.6 . this baby is just amazing!!! it runs great in thr aao d250. this post is to help all those mac lovers out there to install hackintosh on the d250. so here we go:

first of all , donwload iDeneb v1.4 from somewhere(where you get it is not my problem)[try some torrent sites]

burn the image onto a dvd[using external dvd drive]. reboot your acer and hit f12 in the bios menu and select your external dvd drive.

Next, on the darwin screen,hit enter. wait for it to load up(this will take some time,about 5-10 mins,so be patient).

after it loads up,select your language and continue. at the next screen, go to disk utilities. select the partition where you want to install the os and format it as mac os extended(journaled).After its done,quit the disk utility.

Hit Continue.

now,this is the main part. Select the disk that you just erased as mac os extended(journaled) and hit continue. now click on "Customize". In the list , select the following:(X-Drop down menu, *-Select):

X Patches 10.5.6 ready

X Alternate Essential Patch

* ACPI kext 10.5.6

X PS2 Fix for ACPI kext 10.5.6(choose any one)

* PS2 Fix Mouse

X Audio

* Apple Azalia Audio

X Chipset

* ICHx Fixed

X Kernel

* Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo

X Network

X Ethernet

* AttansicL1

X Wireless

* Atheros AR5007(can try atheros wifi adapter or broadcom too)

X Fix

* Cpus=1-Fix

* Battery Manager

X System Utilities(Don't Select)

X Video

X Intel

* Intel GMA950

X Applications (choose which ever you want, but these are the one I chose. Kext helper and OSX86 tools are important)

* Adium

* Kexthelperb7

* OSX86 tools

* Pacifist

After selecting the above, click install. You can skip through the disk checking process. The whole installation process will take about 30 mins. Once the installation is complete, at the darwin boot screen,hit space and enter "-f"(without the quotes.) and hit enter.*You only have to do this the first time.

AND THATS IT!!!! You now have Mac os X on your acer aspire one d250. The resolution will be 800x600. For 1024X600 resolution, load the gma950 kexts from iAtkos v7. Those of you who have it are lucky, those who don't, well, download it..LOL... Please reply or post a message if this helped. For the DWA-110 to work(ie USB Wireless dongle) install RT2500 kext.

Just received my newest D250. This one is upgraded with Wireless N, Atom D280 processor, integrated Bluetooth, 6cell battery, and a few other niceties. One unexpected surprise is that Costco automatically doubled the standard one year warranty to TWO years. That plus 90 days to return it "no questions asked" if it does not meet my needs.

Now for the real reason for this post... In addition to the video, mic, LAN/WLAN, and other issues with running iDeneb on the D270, now I have the CPU change and added BT & wireless to contend with. -_-

Does anybody have any advice to offer on getting rither for my Acer D250s up and running normally?

Thanks in advance...

Hi

id try to use iAtkos v7 on my d250 too but in the beginning of the installation it isnt possible for me to choose a partition. Before id create 3 partitions: C:with win7; d:for mac and a small one (without a letter) for recovery.

Does someone knows how to fit?Thank you!!!!

OVER

TT/Leipzig/Germany

Hi

id try to use iAtkos v7 on my d250 too but in the beginning of the installation it isnt possible for me to choose a partition. Before id create 3 partitions: C:with win7; d:for mac and a small one (without a letter) for recovery.

Does someone knows how to fit?Thank you!!!!

OVER

TT/Leipzig/Germany

Hi,

I would like to use iAtkos v7 but have been unable to locate it. I have several spare drives and I typically install new environments on a dedicated drive so as to preserve the integrity of my primary operating environment.

If anyone can pm me a link to iAtkos v7 I will be most grateful and will be pleased to report my findings and experiences.

Thank you.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HI!

I've just installed ideneb on my aao!

I tried with your guide, but has became veeeeeeeeeeeery slow on startup, then yet no link with this SW.

Any idea if there is a better solution? New drivers released?

Yes i too had a VERY slow OS, I'm using the AAOD250-0Bb with win 7 atm, had a go at it, but it was too slow to be usable for me.

But i did not look into making a dsdt for this netbook, so will have another go some time and post results.

regards.

• 2 weeks later...

It's me again!!,

As promised a wright up!!,

I found using Ideneb 1.6 was MUCH, MUCH better!!,

Install as the others said, well i used the USB HDD methord,

**USB HDD Methord**

1, Get ideneb 1.6.iso. Open it with disk util, and make a new image nameing it same as the ideneb 1.6 file name, but making sure you save it with the extension .dmg

2, Mount the new Ideneb 1.6.dmg and restore to a GUID partitioned hard drive. As long as its 7GB> your all good.

3, After a restore find and use a bootloader of your choice, i used Chameleon 2 RC1 + boot 10.1 as it just works!.

4, Then boot from the USB HDD and continue the install.

*****Install Customize options to select*****

_(x) iDeneb Main System

_(-) iDeneb OS X Components 10.5.8 Ready

__(-) Bootloader

___(x) Chameleon 2

__(-) Kernel

___(x) 9.8.0 Kernel Qoopz Or Vanilla Up 2 you really!!

__(-) iDeneb x86 Essential Patches

___(x) AppleDecrypt

___(x) Disabler

___(x) DSDT Patcher

___(x) TimeMachine fix

___(x) OpenHaltRestart

___(-) PS/2 Drivers

____(x) VoodooPS2 Trackpad

___(x) AboutThisMac fix

___(x) SystemProfiler fix

__(-) Fix

___(x) CPUS=1_Fix (I'll show you how to remove this later to get hyperthreading to work, but let's check it for now)

__(-) Drivers

___(-) Audio

____(x) AppleAzillaAudio

___(-) Chipset

____(x) ICHx

___(-) System Management

____(x) SpeedStep

____(x) VoodooBatteryManager

___(-) Video

____(-) Intel

_____(x) GMA950 - Up 2 you again never worked on my config, but i do know their is a GMA950.pkg floating around that works as i have used it before on this Forum someware. **EDIT** GMA950 works with framebuffer.kext installed.

_(x) Cleanup

If you still have the aethros card installed you will get KP's Hal status 13.

After the install the AAOD250 will reboot, and you will be greated with the intro music, But alas no WIFI/LAN or sleep/Hibernation.

I did swap my wifi card for a DW 1510 Supposed to work OOTB, but its not, wether is an acer restrict thing i don't know??.

Anyway hope it all helps :-D

Rich.

In order to your list, I've found better to install Seatbelt Fix (KP when downloading or FTPing with safari), then I've installed the GMA950 Pkg without QE/CI, installed another Package, no Res, no QE/CI, reinstalled GMA950 and repair permissions, and QE/CI and Res enabled and proudly working (some mouse cursor twin was created, but it's not a problem!)

For the resident Atheros, I've changed the AR5007 with an Apple Atheros (if I don't remember bad, AR5BX6) that is fully working with airport (some balls breaking ;) with WPA, but works elsewhere!)

The one thing isn't working, is Webcam, and two jack output and input!