64 replies to this topic

eelm

eelm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there,
First of all thanks to all for the work done here and there. Got a new laptop (HP DV7-6150eb) for my wife and managed to get Leo 10.6.3 running in a vmware wkst 8 and this made me save quite some money because she wanted a mac that I couldn't afford. However I still have an issue with the sound and I hope you will be able to point me to the right direction because sounds like I have missed something.
I have downloaded and installed the EnsoniqAudioPCI_v1.0.3_Common_Installer.pkg , I have double checked the sound in the vm settings and it is connected and I have added the above mentionned lines in the vmx file but strangely I have no sound. When I go in the sound properties in Leopard, I have no input or output device. I have also installed the vmware tools with the darwin.iso that I got from the unlocker.
Was wondering, does this has to be done in a specific order ? I might have not connected the sound during the setup of Leopard (would it be the cause ,) or I have simply forgotten a step ?

Tkx

Eelm

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 420 posts
Try setting
sound.virtualDev = "es1371"
in your VMX file.

james3

james3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there and first of all thanks for your job
I'm running MAC OSX 10.8.2 VMware Workstation into a Linux Mint 14 Mate 64-bit machine, I installed your audio driver but I have no audio at all. Is there any fix for this ?

here are some specs

Linux 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Audio: Card: Intel 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: 1.0.25
HDA Intel PCH Realtek ALC663

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 420 posts

Is there any fix for this ?

Well, hello, VMware have supported HDA for quite a while now and I've stopped development or support of EnsoniqAudioPCI.
  • Set sound.virtualDev = "hdaudio" in VMX file.
  • Works with AppleHDA.kext since OS 10.7.
  • You can remove EnsoniqAudioPCI.kext.

james3

james3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello my sound.virtualDev was already set = "hdaudio"

I didn't understood if there is a possibility to enable sound in my MAC OSX 10.8.2 guest Virtual Machine or no

Do I have to install AppleHDA.kext ??

What should I do to enable it if it's possibile ?

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy