Best laptop for running OSX x86

64 posts in this topic

I'm the retart. wow. Your trying to illegaly run Mac OS X on a Machine that doesn't even support it. And is really out of date.

Apple PowerBook is the best laptop to run it on. It is up-to-date runs a intel core duo, and simple to install mac os x on. First you get the disk put it in the drive and hold "c" till it starts the install. No messing with the mess up {censored} of 2 hard drives download this iso fix and bla bla bla {censored}.

You asked for the best one I gave it to you. If you really have a problem with that I'm sorry for your stupidity, and if you don't already own a laptop then why are you trying to buy one then try something you don't even know will fully work on it? When you buy a powerbook you know your supporting Apple. Your legally obtaining a Mac OS X cd. You know you can run XP on it using boot camp. And hell you know your getting a great support service not a bunch of geeks on a forums trying to help you do something not really even worth while.

So I guess your the real {censored} head here.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...nclm=MacBookPro

Might do you some good to look at that link

If you do not beleve in running Mac OSX on a PC then why you even a member of this website. I hope the admin deletes your name for being a complete jerk

I'm the retart. wow. Your trying to illegaly run Mac OS X on a Machine that doesn't even support it. And is really out of date.

So I guess your the real {censored} head here.

your attempts at trolling are laughable at best, and you describe yourself well

why are you in this forum? Obviously you are confused, lost, or doing drugs, this is the wrong forum for you, this forum is all about running osx on NON apple hardware

people here run macosx86 on 500 $ laptops, not 2000 $ macbook pro's

I think he's got a few screws loose in his head. :hysterical:

As it’s already been explained, this forum is for people who want to run OSx on non-apple machines.

You really don't have anything better to do, do you?

Check this out. Found it funny.

He started a thread called: "What versions of mac does this work with?"

and it goes like this

xeniczone:

Does this only work with tiger (mac os 10.4) or will it also work with jagaur or panther (10.2, 10.3)?

user2:

What?

xeniczone:

Are you freaken retarded!!!

What versions of Mac OS X can I get to install on a Bios based Computer.

I only have a Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X 10.2 lisence and I really hope it works with my mac os x 10.2 because my apple computer is getting kind of old and my friend gave me this pentium 4 but I want to put mac on it.

Now did anyone understand what on earth xeniczone was on about? Neither did I. But he had the nerve to strike out at user2 who was only trying to help.

What a dumb-ass idiot. :D

Read it all here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=15860

Take a look at the MS-1057:

MS-1057.jpg

http://www.msicomputer.com/NB/product_spec.asp?model=MS-1057

It's a widescreen, 12" Core Duo, and installation is pretty straightforward using the 10.4.6 DVD.

It's super fast, and everything works (HD Audio, Bluetooth, GMA950 graphics, Dual displays, wireless)

For wireless, you have to order the atheros-based mini-PCIe card from PCD global instead of the intel 3495abg.

You can buy the barebones notebook for $660 at buy.com (use this coupon: http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=...879&adid=17662) and buy the CPU,memory, and hard drive separately from newegg.com or ebay. I paid about $1100 for mine (T2400 1.83GHz core duo, 1GB memory, 80GB HD).

For more installation details, see my post here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=17161

Guest xeniczone

What are the major differences between the bios based computer and a firmware based comptuer is just that.

x86 cpu

ddr memory

etc.. etc..

Where the difference relays is in that a mac uses firmwire and windows uses a bios. That is waht you have to by pass 2 different things. the bios can't read a mac format hard drive. the bios will not boot mac without tricking it.

Don't be mad I'm right. You know running mac on a apple comptuer is the best and you just want to be an ass about it.

Here is the mac I'm on now.

picture13wa.jpg

I don't beleave in running mac os x on a dell sony or homebuilt computer?

I beleave in anything working. HE ASK WHAT TO BE THE BEST THE BEST IS A APPLE NOTEBOOK. :D kind of makes perfect sense because you won't have kernal panics or hardware errors.

he wants a PC laptop.

Odd. PC means personal computer. I do beleave Apple makes personal computers.

User 2 trying to help. No. He posted What? when I asked what version would this work with. And any macintosh person would want to try this out what makes me different.

Everyone likes to be an ass because I don't like people STEALing make OS X. I'm trying to find a way to do it without haven't to download the Mac os x thing. I would guess more then 85% of the losers on these forums have a illegal version of mac os x download and are using. Because of you asses Apple may just start adding product codes and registation to their products if they do this I will personally ask them to shut this site down. for illegal content and illegal software discussions.

xeniczone,

if you don't like what you see in these forums there's such a thing as the log out button. I suggest you try it. The fact is most of the people here enjoy the challenge of tweaking their computers to do things more than what they were intended to do. If you are happy with your mac then we're all elated for you. I also suggest you join an exclusively mac forum that'll suit your needs. That way all of us can be happy doing our own bussiness. Peace!

Anyone tried this notebook

http://1toppc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Sc...y_Code=Notebook

It seems to be close to the specs of the MacBook Pro.

What are the major differences between the bios based computer and a firmware based comptuer is just that.

x86 cpu

ddr memory

etc.. etc..

Where the difference relays is in that a mac uses firmwire and windows uses a bios. That is waht you have to by pass 2 different things. the bios can't read a mac format hard drive. the bios will not boot mac without tricking it.

Don't be mad I'm right. You know running mac on a apple comptuer is the best and you just want to be an ass about it.

Here is the mac I'm on now.

picture13wa.jpg

I don't beleave in running mac os x on a dell sony or homebuilt computer?

I beleave in anything working. HE ASK WHAT TO BE THE BEST THE BEST IS A APPLE NOTEBOOK. ;) kind of makes perfect sense because you won't have kernal panics or hardware errors.

Odd. PC means personal computer. I do beleave Apple makes personal computers.

User 2 trying to help. No. He posted What? when I asked what version would this work with. And any macintosh person would want to try this out what makes me different.

Everyone likes to be an ass because I don't like people STEALing make OS X. I'm trying to find a way to do it without haven't to download the Mac os x thing. I would guess more then 85% of the losers on these forums have a illegal version of mac os x download and are using. Because of you asses Apple may just start adding product codes and registation to their products if they do this I will personally ask them to shut this site down. for illegal content and illegal software discussions.

You know no one heres care what you have to say. When I asked whats the best laptop to run OSX everyone here knows what I ment now go to MacForums and LEAVE US ALONE!!!

Anyone tried this notebook

http://1toppc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Sc...y_Code=Notebook

It seems to be close to the specs of the MacBook Pro.

Asoulintime1982, if you do order that notebook, order it without a wireless card. The intel 3945abg won't work with OS X. Instead, order the atheros mini-PCI express card from pcdglobal.com (part# WLL4080PCIX). Also, make sure its using a realtek HD audio card and not a sigmatel. It doesn't come with bluetooth either.

BTW, you should ignore that comment made earlier about ASUS being the best notebook brand to use for OS X. While it is true that they manufacture notebooks for apple, the non-apple ASUS notebooks that are on the market now aren't necessarily 100% hardware compatible with OS X. A good example is that one you posted.

The most important thing is the chipset that the laptop uses, the graphics adapter, the sound hardware, and the wireless adapter.

One combination that is known to work well is:

Intel 945GM chipset

Intel GMA950 integrated graphics

Intel HD Audio (Realtek ALC8xx, not sigmatel)

Atheros-based wireless card

Although other hardware combiantions will also work, this combination is what the new 13" MacBooks use so you will be in good shape.

My MSI MS-1057 (posted above) has this combination as well as my friend who has a Toshiba Tecra A6. Both of our laptops run OS X 10.4.6 with wireless, sound, graphics, and bluetooth ALL working.

I would like to clearify the statement of the computers that are located at www.cyberpower.com

Most of them are based on the MSI Whitebooks, which are great computer. I got one for 1k exactly specs:

AMD Turion 64 1.8GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon X700

1GB 3200 RAM

15.4'' Widescreen

Wireless

Now, I have tried many times to get this to work, and I don't think OSX is currently compatible with the ATI SB400 chipset, as after I install it doesn't boot with the nowmal apple gray screen, it goes into this textmode and then eventually hanges up. I CAN boot with -x however, but it takes along time...beleive me.

Unless there is a driver for ATI chipsets that I could install into my computer, avoid the computers with ATI chipsets, they work but not prefectly for OSX yet.

As for those smartass remarks, they seem to have a point, even though they don't express it in the right way. It would seem that the computers with the closest specs to the macbook would work the best, I hear ASUS has some great ones.

Good luck to you, and if anyone has a solution to my prob, greatly appreciated.

You may have the best luck however if you build your own laptop!

Try www.ewiz.com, that is were I built mine!

Ah yes I have.

I have booted into safe mode and the video was just fine, no acceleration, but it was ok.

I am going to way till there is more support.

Yes, intel chipsets have the most support I think!

I dont agree with keith. I have an ATI based motherboard from cyberpower just like keith.

It installed off of the 10.4.6 JaS dvd just fine. Editing the azalia sound driver and adding in my id's got sound working great. And my video card, ATI x1600 with 256 megs of ram was working perfectly first boot with QE and CI supported.

I am posting this from that same laptop via wireless (I got an atheros based minipci card and it works great.)

This is an amd turion 64 mt-40 with 2 gigs of ram. OS X is running great on it.

great thread guys. I like the look of that MSI MS-1057 and the ASUS Z83V. There's a Z83V from a reasonable looking seller (read: reviewed) for $1,333 via Froogle.

and a suggestion: use the ignore button. It works great, except for when everyone else responds and quotes the ignored person :P

great thread guys. I like the look of that MSI MS-1057 and the ASUS Z83V. There's a Z83V from a reasonable looking seller (read: reviewed) for $1,333 via Froogle.

and a suggestion: use the ignore button. It works great, except for when everyone else responds and quotes the ignored person ;)

Wheres this ignore button I look for one and cna not seem to find it.

and a suggestion: use the ignore button. It works great, except for when everyone else responds and quotes the ignored person ;)

supracoup3, I would advice against the Asus Z83V for several reasons:

1. It uses the intel 2915 wireless card which doesn't work with OS X

2. It's uses only a pentium-M processor (you can get a much faster core duo for less than $1,333)

3. The ATI x700 graphics adapter has been problematic for some people

supracoup3, I would advice against the Asus Z83V for several reasons:

1. It uses the intel 2915 wireless card which doesn't work with OS X

2. It's uses only a pentium-M processor (you can get a much faster core duo for less than $1,333)

3. The ATI x700 graphics adapter has been problematic for some people

Point taken, I think you're pulling for the MS-1057, but...

"Does it come in black?" batman.gif

Yes, yes it does ;)

post-38487-1147880486_thumb.jpg