[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.5.7 with Chameleon v2 RC2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (Optional update to 10.5.8)

blackosx

511 posts in this topic

I guess that it is asking how you modified Disabler for Fix only Mouse Lag fix in QT and not block IntelCPUPM...(I guess)

Regards.

Yep...

With my setup, both taking out the disabler.kext and also replacing it with new one blackosx pasted to his latest message resulted in unsuccessful boot.

So I'm back to previous version, wondering what is different.

This one just doesn't disable AppleIntelCPUPM which is what's needed for sleep with 10.5.8 with this build. Hopefully I have explained it better here (and the post before it) in the QT mouse lag problem thread.

You have updated to 10.5.8? and using a DSDT.aml with patched HPET?

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for such a great guide.

After months of playing with different distros and never fully being able to get a working install I found your thread and it's made the purchase of my EP45-DS3L worthwhile.

I'm running:

Core2 Quad Q8200

EP-45 DS3L with F10 BIOS

nVidia 8800GT 512MB

2x SATA2 Drives (250GB partitioned more or less as in the guide) and a 160GB with Vista x64 Business

2x SATA2 optical drives (LG Blu-Ray write and Liteon DVD Writer)

With this I'm getting a Geekbench score of 5109.

It's all running fine in my existing timecapulse network with a macbook, powerbook and eMac.

My only one issue seems to be the random coloured static when waking the display from sleep, which I understand is a common thing but is not too bad as a few seconds and the machine will recover.

And it seems that following waking the machine from sleep incoming bonjour connections don't seem to see the Hackintosh, as in I can see other machines but they can't see me.

After months of playing with different distros and never fully being able to get a working install I found your thread and it's made the purchase of my EP45-DS3L worthwhile....

It's all running fine in my existing timecapulse network with a macbook, powerbook and eMac.

This is great. Well done :(

My only one issue seems to be the random coloured static when waking the display from sleep, which I understand is a common thing but is not too bad as a few seconds and the machine will recover.

I have heard about this too, but on my system I don't see it.

And it seems that following waking the machine from sleep incoming bonjour connections don't seem to see the Hackintosh, as in I can see other machines but they can't see me.

If you leave it after waking from sleep for say, 5 seconds, are the bonjour connections recognised then? As I find when waking from sleep it takes a few seconds for the networking to kick back in.

Hi...;)

Your info and material was incredibly good!

Installed on EP35-DS3 working great , except for time machine.

Probably done something wrong, but either video or ethernet seems to be reporting right in system profiler.

But, it all works (not TM) and the video q is far better than before when using another installation disc (MKISO).

My system:

EP35-ds3 Gigabyte

Asus Nvidia 9500GT

8GB corsair memory

E7300 intel dualcore cpu

as I understand, the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/ is indeed the one that's been used with chameleon?

is there any need to delete the "original" one ?

Thanx a lot for ur great work!!

/Peder J

Sweden

....it all works (not TM)....

as I understand, the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/ is indeed the one that's been used with chameleon?

is there any need to delete the "original" one ?

Thanks for your kind words Peder ;)

For Time Machine, check your Ethernet is mapped to en0 in System Profiler.

and you don't need to remove the original com.apple.Boot.plist, the one in /Extra will supercede it.

Do you get 8 or so 'EBIOS read errors' down the left edge of the screen after you've pressed Escape?

EDIT: Double check you are doing exactly this..

Boot from the GA-EP45-DS3L Boot CD.

When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.

Go to boot options (Press F8),

Put in the Retail OS X DVD

then press ESC to rescan drive

When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER.

Great. Well done.

The only problem you could possibly encounter next would be step 10, where some people have had to use the generic boot132 iso. But hopefully you won't need to.

I look forward to hearing your report.

;)

okay so i cant get past step 10. i used the boot 132 cd to find my hardrive. i swopped with the other boot disk i get the apple screen then it tell s me to restart.

happens everytime i try it.

I think I know what's happening.

(Maybe the instructions were not 100% crystal clear when I have said.....

'See if your Macintosh partition is in the list, if so, you should be able to boot it from there. If successful, swap CD's back to my Boot CD can carry on the install'

The steps are.

Boot from the Generic Boot132 CD.

When presented with a boot prompt, press ESCAPE.

Then type 80 for your 1st hard disk, you'll then be presented with a list of partitions.

See if your Macintosh partition is in the list, if so, you should be able to boot it from there. (So select it now and boot it)

When successfully booted in to the retail install (from the Generic Boot132 CD) you'll see the intro video (but you won't have sound), follow the instructions to update the system, reboot then try loading again from my Boot CD at step 14. If this doesn't work then use the generic boot132 CD again.

The reason you might need the generic boot132 CD is because my boot CD which is build from Chameleon RC1 has problems on some systems recognising the OS X system partition (I have yet to work out why it fails). It works fine on my system and some others.

See if that helps you zangieff

:|

EDIT: I have now updated the instructions for installing from CD.

still wont work, there is no activity light on my sata drive. after the generic cd loads i see a message that says bootplist not found.

i then type in 80 and i see my partistions

i have three

Chamelion

Mac

Backup

I choose the mac option, they i see the grey screen then i get the message to restart.

i think it maybe a panic, i booted with -v i have attached some screen shots of the text, i think there are some errors

My Hardware

ep45-ds3l

asus en9400gt

4 gb 1066 memory

lg sata dvd

sata harddrive

I'm not sure why it would fail now, as i never had an error during the install, (it said falied at the end but this is normal)

post-448530-1250149831_thumb.jpg

post-448530-1250150263_thumb.jpg

post-448530-1250150303_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics..

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = .....

disk0s0: unsupported mode....

Can you confirm you have BIOS AHCI mode set to AHCI.

EDIT: Just read this from another thread....

'so to all with sam multimedia error all the time: try first to burn different dvd and if that is not working get your self a new dvd-burner'

It could be something? But it might not as you've already installed retail OS X with it.

There is more info here if it helps...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87342

Thanks for the pics..

Can you confirm you have BIOS AHCI mode set to AHCI.

EDIT: Just read this from another thread....

'so to all with sam multimedia error all the time: try first to burn different dvd and if that is not working get your self a new dvd-burner'

It could be something? But it might not as you've already installed retail OS X with it.

There is more info here if it helps...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87342

yes its set to ahci, the dvd drive is brand new i bought it along with the motherboard.

yes its set to ahci, the dvd drive is brand new i bought it along with the motherboard.

Okay. I guess we can strike that one off the list then..

Thanks for being patient. This is new to new to me and I am trying to work from the information you are supplying me and need all the information I can get.

Is there any more info (on the right side of the screen of the last pic) in the error message when booting with the -v option?

As the errors you're seeing....

is a problem.

In the last thread link I posted it goes on to say maybe plug the DVD drive in to a different SATA port... Just an option.

Hi again!

Your reply "For Time Machine, check your Ethernet is mapped to en0 in System Profiler.

and you don't need to remove the original com.apple.Boot.plist, the one in /Extra will supercede it."

Ethernet is mapped to en0 , still won't work.

I just found that my external firewire won't sync either?

Is there possibly something that I've missed with rights and/or cache rebuild mm?

Thanks

/Peder J

Ethernet is mapped to en0 , still won't work.

I just found that my external firewire won't sync either?

Time machine works for us when we build the EFI string containing both the Ethernet and Video. The other option you have is to look at building a DSDT.aml for your system and include the time machine fix in that.

This thread is for the GA-EP45-DS3L which doesn't have firewire so I can't help you with that, but maybe DSDT will fix that too?

Okay. I guess we can strike that one off the list then..

Thanks for being patient. This is new to new to me and I am trying to work from the information you are supplying me and need all the information I can get.

Is there any more info (on the right side of the screen of the last pic) in the error message when booting with the -v option?

As the errors you're seeing....

is a problem.

In the last thread link I posted it goes on to say maybe plug the DVD drive in to a different SATA port... Just an option.

okay i see. to the right of that error all it shows are some hex numbers. the problem is i don't have any other Sata Drives.

can i boot it from a USB flash drive ? i also tried changing the sata ports

can i boot it from a USB flash drive ? i also tried changing the sata ports

mmm. A USB Flash drive?

Yes we can build a Chameleon USB boot flash drive... Good idea!

I have built one before, but I am not at home on my hack so I can gather the files but maybe I can try and build one from work for you? See if I can get some time.....

I really want this to work for you because you are so close...

What size USB flash drive do you have?

mmm. A USB Flash drive?

Yes we can build a Chameleon USB boot flash drive... Good idea!

I have built one before, but I am not at home on my hack so I can gather the files but maybe I can try and build one from work for you? See if I can get some time.....

I really want this to work for you because you are so close...

What size USB flash drive do you have?

i have a 4gb