[UPDATED) PC EFI v10.1 with Source is OUT! Leopard & Snow Compatible

Onixs

95 posts in this topic

[update: July 24, 2009]

Just a small fix for booting system without DSDT.aml system was stalling on motherboards like gigabyte, where bootloader fails to find pointer to acpi 2.0 table, fixed.

if you dont have the problem - no need to update.

PCEFIv10.1.zip

Latest and greatest PC_EFI, based on chameleon2

logofdg.png

patches added for better Snow Leo compatibility,

they include: emulating 64-bit efi pages, removed setting IODT://options by bootloader, changed smth in hibernate, for better ati compatibility (wasnt tested yet), by default it boots 64-bit snow leo kernel on 64-bit cpus, flag -x32 will force loading 32-bit kernel

known issues: boot stalls if DSDT.aml isn't present.

If having kernel Panic on Boot, put flag -x32

PCEFIv10.zip

To install on system with installed chameleon2 just replace boot file with the one provided, otherwise follow chameleon2 installation guide.

chameleon2 emulates efi tables of 32-bit efi, 32-bit efi runtime services cant be used with 64-bit kernel on hackintosh,so they doesnt pass efi runtime services table to 64-bit kernel

64-bit efi tables has no such problem

chameleon2 emulates efi tables of 32-bit efi, 32-bit efi runtime services cant be used with 64-bit kernel on hackintosh,so they doesnt pass efi runtime services table to 64-bit kernel

64-bit efi tables has no such problem

Does that mean, if you don't have a proper configured dsdt.aml it will not work?

Hello All, i have problem with it... After select partition to boot with -v flag i got KPanic with information about AppleACPIPlatform bla bla bla something about Unable to find Hardware profile?

DSDT generated in DSDTPatcher GUI + NewHPET

MoBo GA P31-DS3L Bios Version F10a or b just actuall beta.

System Works fine with Munkey efi6.1... i had loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment and AppleHPET, on Chameleon 2.0 RC1 Aint. PCEFIv10 KPanic At start.

Any ideas?

Hello All, i have problem with it... After select partition to boot with -v flag i got KPanic with information about AppleACPIPlatform bla bla bla something about Unable to find Hardware profile?

DSDT generated in DSDTPatcher GUI + NewHPET

MoBo GA P31-DS3L Bios Version F10a or b just actuall beta.

System Works fine with Munkey efi6.1... i had loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment and AppleHPET, on Chameleon 2.0 RC1 Aint. PCEFIv10 KPanic At start.

Any ideas?

That's why I keep Chameleon 2 RC1, why change to another bootloader when chameleon is working like a charm!

6/30/09 23:54:25 kernel ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

..seems to be gone now.

(There's a discussion about this over at the Voodoo Labs forums, apparently when you see the above message it means that Firewire DMA transfers are disabled causing higher CPU load and slower speeds, causing higher latency when using Firewire audio gear for example. It's been acknowledged and fixed for the next official Chameleon release).

Anyone with Firewire equipment seeing an improvement?

With this update, can we create and use a mkext file in /Extra for SL, or should we stick with /Extensions?

regards,

MAJ

You can create mkext in /Extra. If having kernel Panic on Boot, put flag -x32

One question: where do I put e boot file? I first time using chameleon 2.0. Can anyone tell me?

Put boot in / (overwriting the old one)

If having kernel Panic on Boot, put flag -x32

i've installed chameleon2 and efi10 on my laptop (acer travelmate 8215wlhi) with ipc 10.5.6 vanilla.

everything works fine, but the firewire error is still there.

my pcmcia fw800 doesn't work at full speed (worked fine with 10.5.1).

how this issue can be solved?

What version number and compile date do you see in the upper left corner on the Chameleon boot menu screen?

If you don't see June 30th, you haven't installed v10 correctly and you would still get the firewire error.

snow leopard compatibilty has been in rc1 ... netkas added fake efi64

and his own options .. original options of rc1 are

arch=i386 for 32bit

arch=x86_64 for 64bit

the same as apple use.

still a problem with loading kexts on snow .. but make a mkext and you'll be fine.

What version number and compile date do you see in the upper left corner on the Chameleon boot menu screen?

If you don't see June 30th, you haven't installed v10 correctly and you would still get the firewire error.

on the upper left i see:

Darwin/x86 boot v.5.0.132 - Chameleon v.2.0-RC1 r

Build date: 2009-06-30 13:40:25

so i suppose i've installed latest version

does efi10 fix also firewire error on laptop or only on desktop?

I don't know why you are still seeing the error. Maybe your hardware is not compatible, or maybe there's a bug in v10.

Does Firewire work at all for you? Are you using any patches or modifications to get it working?

My motherboard has..

06:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Agere Systems FW323 [11c1:5811] (rev 70)

..and it works with vanilla Apple kexts.

Exia25: you must have dsdt.aml patched file in root, or you'll get a kp

Beerkex'd: firewire is working good and at full speed in 10.5.1 without any mods. From .2 up to .6 (now i'm on 10.5.6 ipc vanilla, no mods or patched firewire kext) i have the full secure problem and firewire works with limited speed.

i have a fw800 disk and in 10.5.1 i can play fine any full-hd file. with .2-.6 seems the fw speed is limited to 400 (also if in system profile the reported speed is 800).

chipset of the firewire is texas instruments.

so i don't have any clues now. I can only suppose the firewire fix patch works only on desktop and not on notebooks.

so i don't have any clues now. I can only suppose the firewire fix patch works only on desktop and not on notebooks.

I don't get the full secure error anymore in my notebook (with fw400) with v10, so i guess its fixed. Never had a fw device so I don't know how it was before and after.

i own internal fw400 device, and a pcmcia card with fw800.

maybe few persons really tested firewire, and maybe less firewire800, dunno what to think about.

i only know under 10.5.1 it worked @full speed, now it won't....