ATI Radeon HD 4770 - any support?

dakkon5

42 posts in this topic

yes, me too. I'm considering to buy a low GPU card (about 30€) to reach 1680*1050.
There is still an outside chance that support might come along for this card; Apple are all about cultivating a green image at the moment.

My advice for anyone thinking about spending serious money on a graphics card, rather than buying, say, a geforce 7300 as a stopgap, is hold off for a few months. ATI's new line up looks pretty amazing and, where ATI tread, Nvidia are sure to follow, and visa versa.

Still lovin' my 4770. That particular computer is my games computer, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again to clarify:

There is no support for the ati HD 4770 yet and there will be none UNTIL Apple releases some new driver updates!

It is very hard to create a "patched driver" from scratch, all working ati drivers for hacks are based on Apple ones.

So you have to wait and hope if Apple incorporates support for this particular hardware!

I ordered this card , and waiting for drivers now :). oh yeah, I have a spare 9600 gt.

I don't think ati will ever release drivers for this product as it is unlikely this g-card will ever be in any mac.

Maybe the 5870 and 5850 will find their way on a mac pro, and their drivers will work with this card :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
well i've got this card in my pc and i'm running iPC 10.5.6 perfectly with it on an AMD Phenom X3 and asus crosshair motherboard i don't have QE and CI yet but i'm working on that too :blink:

As long as by perfect you mean fixed resolution, with no 3d features. My 4770 works fine too as long as I don't actually need to use the card's features. XD

• 5 weeks later...
My HD4770 is only in 1024x768 with no luck in changing the resolution.

Do you guys have any ideea how can I at least change the res to 1360x768?

Add to com.apple.boot.plist this string:

"Graphics Mode"="1360x768x32"

• 6 months later...