[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

has anyone run the board with 4GB of memory?

also what could be the problem when the board reboots about 1 second into loading OS X 10.5, right after chameleon? Yes I am a Retail OS X n00b. I've only played with the Dell Mini9 OS X installs. This seems 10x more difficult because there are so many conflicting install guides and many do not explain why the steps are taken.

MiniHack,

Thanks for the clarification. I swear I've read this thread 20x up and down and couldn't find the 4gb comment. I just found it from Ugokind on post #44. I think I need to take a break from this since the frustration is causing mistakes. I don't mind reading, but the conflicting information in this community is confusing. I don't want you to upload an image, I'd rather learn this so I can fix it later or adapt it to something else. I think my next step is to find a good guide on this kext E/E and S/L/E topics since that is my road block right now. My only concern is that I bought 10.5.4 almost a year ago, and I don't want to buy a newer 10.5.6 since so many comments state installs are easier with 10.5.6

Ok, I hope my next question won't be as bad :(

UPDATE - REQUIRED FILES CAN BE DOWNLOADED AT files.me.com/kasher/iom3g3

Special Thanks to LeopardSoup for the provided ES2L kit. Also Special Thanks to UgoKind and MiniHack for their work with this particular board, it was very enlightening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I found a super easy way of performing this Hackintosh thanks to the vast amount of information available in this thread. All your gonna need is a retail leopard disk, the driver package for the Gigabyte ES2L from over at leopard soup, and the NVkush kext provided in this thread, I believe Mini Hack provided it in his very useful kexts package. Keep in mind, this won't give you audio, but it will give you everything else.

1. Find a way to connect the hard drive you plan on using to a working mac. whether its putting it in a USB enclosure or with a drive dock, somehow find a way to connect that baby to your working mac. All I did was leave the power jumper plugged into the hard drive (while its mounted next to the zotac) and I took a sata cable from the hard disk and ran it through a sata to esata adapter, and then esata to my mbpro. I figured this would be the fastest method of install, but as long as the hard drive is showing up (doesn't matter which way, USB, Firewire..etc) your good to go.

2. Now that you have the drive visible on your working mac, you can run disk utility, erase the hard drive (Mac OS Extended, Journaled) and by default it will be set to GUID, which is what we need anyways.

3. I always make a 10 gig partition on any mac hard drive that I use for Leopard Installs, I take the image of a retail disk, and using disk utility I restore it to the 10 GB partition so that the install takes only a few minutes.

- So, find a way to make an image of your retail leopard disk, or you can try using disk utility to select the disk as the source, and the 10 GB partition as the Destination.

4. Once the restore is complete its time to restart your working and hold the option button down until fun things happen. At this point your various bootable devices will appear, you should see your brand new Mac OSX Install DVD (10 gb partition) and you should select that.

5. Go through with the leopard install, select customize and deselect all the {censored} you don't need (printer drivers, fonts, language bs, etc.) and let the install finish. If you are using the install from partition method and select only the essential leopard install (5.9 GB) I believe the install finishes in 5 to 7 minutes.

6. Go through the registration {censored} and once you hit the desktop click software update and update everything, all the way to 10.5.8, it will restart a few times after installing the combo updates, just let it do its thing.

7. When its done updating its time to open the Gigabyte ES2L Driver Package that leopard soup provided. It seems their website is down, so I will post the package in a few mins.

8. Keep in mind that we're still working on a real mac here, we have yet to put the hard drive back in. So once the ES2L driver Kit is downloaded, you can disregard everything except the file UInstaller. Open that sucker up. choose the hard drive your currently logged into, select G31M_ES2L - No Network or Audio

check the box that says Apply kext package

check the box that says apply extensions.mkext

check the box that says Install PC_EFI v9 Chameleon...

check the box that says Install Custom Kexts from HD, click browse and find your NVKush.kext. at this point you can click install. make sure that you only have 4 boxes checked, that you selected No Network or Audio, and that your installing it to the correct hard drive.

9. After your done with that instead of restarting the computer, shut down. it might say updating boot caches but just let it do its thing.

10. take your new hackintosh hard drive, hook it up to your zotac and you should be good to go.

Why this works? I don't know. But It does. Here's my hunch.

- I believe 10.5.8 has a lot of the required kexts for this board already buit in.

- One of the harder aspects of hackintoshing at least in my opinion is implementing the kexts you would like to use (in our case for proper graphics, NVKush) and correctly synchronizing the addition of those kexts with the extensions.mkext

This does it for you so you don't have to mess with that good stuff although it's more than necessary I'm sure for a full understanding of how this {censored} works.

** I am using the Bios settings that UgoKind posted in his very informative guide. I dont know what implications any deviation would have in that regard, but if anyone uses any different settings, let us know how it goes.

** directly after updating the software to 10.5.8 and after its done rebooting, I like to carbon copy clone to another partition just in case.

** I don't know if this will work without updating to 10.5.8, all I know is what I've posted, everything else is just guesswork.

** If your having trouble getting this to work, instead of putting in NVKush right at the get go, you can check the box that says apply EFI string for video card and select Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 256 mb (providing you didn't overclock the GPU) that will be sufficient enough to get you into osx on your hackintosh although the resolution will be messed up. at that point I would refer to more knowledgable users, but it would seem as if it would then be a simple matter. I'll post the driver package shortly.

Once again, I don't really know why this works, perhaps someone else can explain it properly, All I can attest to is that it does work in getting you up to the correct resolution, lets you reboot without any issues, lets you install updates without any issues. I did not address audio, or network, or sleep, or hibernation. Those things can definitely be tinkered with kexts and help from this thread, I just wanted to post a simple guide of how I personally installed leopard onto this little zotac board.

E7400, 4GB OCZ Gold, Silverstone case, Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB.

The nature of this post might seem a little overly simplified, I just wanted to make it as easy as possible for people.

Have fun, and if it doesn't work for you, then well that sucks, but it worked for me and its fast as hell.

MiniHack,

Well I took a breather and tried again with the USB method you mentioned. And surprise, this time it worked!? I'm not sure why that method worked over the "OS X install from Mac" method didn't. Oh well :P

To add to the topic,

VoodooPS2.kext works well with this board if you need PS2 keyboard/mouse. Although I went out and bought a Logitech G15 keyboard which runs native, and offers OS X support for the LCD.

VoodooHDA.kext 0.22 still crackles... I think I'll try some of the HDA methods in this thread since I only need line out, but my C-Media usb stick works great. I just don't like having "core" USB devices hanging off my machines if possible.

Thanks again to ugokind and MiniHack

Ok so I gave 10.5.6 a shot yesterday if someone cares this is what I did:

- Setup BIOS as ugokind said, disable on board serial ports and set SATA mode as AHCI, seems OSX doesn't recognize the SATA controller or something without this.

- Install IPC 10.5.6, don't select any drivers, install the shutdown/restart fix, the SATA icon fix, and OSx86 utilities

After that I booted just fine, then get NVkush here, extract and install using the wizard, don't reboot, get the audio drivers here, and install using OSx86 utility (the option install kexts), then install the boot loader (don't remember the label on the icon, it's the rightmos first one at the last section, something about EFI I think) there you select your volume and select chamelon EFI.

That's it! reboot, open the util again and enable QI or whatever it's called, set your res accordingly and enjoy.

I Installed and moved the 2.5" drive to an USB enclosure, using OSx from an external USB HDD

Works:

- Network

- Audio (analog)

- Video (QI)

Doesn't work:

- WiFi

- DVD-ROM (moved to IDE mode on BIOS because I have another OS as primary)

- SATA HDDs not recognized (same as above)

- Video out from my GTS 250, dunno why doesn't finish booting when using the discrete GPU

Haven't tested :

- Sleep

- HDMI out for video and audio?

dose anyone run with new BIOS 2K090602 (N0602WZT.BIN) ?

i have GF9300-D-E of PCB 03 and BIOS 2K090602, HPET is enabled in bios.

but this topic's DSDT file use without Disabler.kext, kernel panic happened!

recomple DSDT Pachter -f -newHPET DSDT.dsl, use DSDT.aml without Disable.kext, boot message output HPET: probeHPET() failed , then kernel panic happen.

i think 2K090602 BIOS is not enable HPET option.... :(

does not the same event occur? where is older BIOS 2K090422 for PCB 03 ?

i can't find 2K090422 BIOS for PCB03 or newer in ZOTAC's site or other web site.

my ZOTAC GF9300-D-E is PCB 03 (Dual-Link DVI supoort) , latest BIOS is 2K090602.

PCB 01/02 is no support Dual-Link DVI, only Single-Link DVI, latest BIOS is 2K090422.

os version is 10.5.6. kernel is vanila 9.6.0.

kext is below. boot loader is Chameleon 2.0RC1. put them in /Extra/Extensions .

AHCIPortInjector.kext (add 0x0ab810de for AHCI)

AppleDecrypt.kext

Disabler.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjetor.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

video kext's mod NVdarwin.kext (add 0x086c10de into Info.plist and string GeForce 9300 into NVdarwin binary) . put it in /System/Library/Extensions .

1. run without Disabler.kext, kernel panic :(

2. run using DSDT.aml without Disabler.kext, kernel panic ;)

kernel panic's message is "No HPET's available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly"

up-xepid8939.jpg

3. run using DSDT.aml recompiled newHPET opition (DSDT Patcher -f -newHPET dsdt.dsl) without Disabler.kext :(

HPET is enabled in bios.

boot message output HPET: probeHPET() failed , then kernel panic.

kernel panic's message is "No HPET's available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly"

thx , replay!

Extensions.zip

DSDT.zip

DSDT_HPET.zip

NVdarwin.kext.zip

silly? :(

of cource , it run okay with the Disabler kext (or IntelCPUPMDisabler kext).

i say that it run using DSDT.aml w/o Disabler.kext, kernel panic on GF9300-D-E's PCB03(BIOS is 2K090602).

problem may occur that GF9300-D-E's PCB03 is only (PCB03 or newer's initial BIOS is 2K090602, so cannot update to older BIOS), because DSDT.aml in GF9300-D-E's PCB03 is no effect to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

i want to run using DSDT.aml and w/o Disabler.kext.

can GF9300-D-E PCB01 or PCB02 in 2K090422 run using DSDT.aml w/o Disabler.kext ? i think PCB01 or PCB02 cannot update to 2K090602, so problem not happen.

ZOTAC site's Details

Version 2K090602 .Initial mass production release for PCB 03 or newer version.

Dual-Link DVI function is only applicable to PCB 03 or newer Version. BIOS for different hardware PCB versions are NOT interchangeable.

GF9300-D-E(PCB03/BIOS is 2K090602) run on Snow Leopard. 32/64 bit working.

up-xepid9046.jpg

Snow Leopard running on below.

M/B: GF9300-D-E(PCB 03)

BIOS: 2K090602

CPU: Intel Zeon L3110 TDP45W

MEM: Kingston 8GB (4GBx2)

CASE: Lutec SMA-280/AC Adapter 90W/230mm(W) x 65mm(H) x 220mm(D)

up-xepid9048.jpg

Bootloader

Chameleon 2.0RC1

PCEFI emulation

netkas PC_EFI v10.2

DSDT file

CMOS clear fixed DSDT.aml (this topcs posted)

MOD KEXT

/Extra/Extensions (32/64bit)

AppleAHCIInjecotr.kext , fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStroageInjector.kext, NullPowerManagement.kext,

OpenHaltRestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, Sleepenabler.kext

/System/Library/Extensions (if you want to run on both 32 and 64 bit , use EFIString)

NVInject.kext (64bit only, no QE running)

DSDT.aml cannot correct HPET :D , so NullPowerManagement.kext is required.

Extensions.zip

Snow Leopard running on below GF9300-D-E.

CPU: Zeon L3110

MEM: 8GB (4GBx2)

up4942.jpg

Bootloader

Chameleon 2.0RC1

PCEFI emulation

netkas PC_EFI v10.2

DSDT file

MOD KEXT

AppleAHCIInjecotr.kext , fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStroageInjector.kext, NullPowerManagement.kext,

/System/Library/Extensions (or EFIString)

NVInject.kext (64bit only)

DSDT.aml cannot correct HPET ;) , so NullPowerManagement.kext is required.

But there is still no possibility to get QE running without an extra graphic adapter in 64 Bit? Or am I mistaken?

up4942.jpg

Snow Leopard running on below.

CPU: Intel Zeon L3110 TDP45W

MEM: Kingston 8GB (4GBx2)

CASE: Lutec SMA-280/AC Adapter 90W/230mm(W) x 65mm(H) x 220mm(D)

up4947.jpg

Bootloader

Chameleon 2.0RC1

PCEFI emulation

netkas PC_EFI v10.2

DSDT file

MOD KEXT

/System/Library/Extensions (if you want to run on both 32 and 64 bit , use EFIString)

NVInject.kext (64bit only)

DSDT.aml cannot correct HPET ;) , so NullPowerManagement.kext is required.

Hi I got everything working for Snow except for sound and internal Ethernet , it sees it the interface but will not get a dhcp address , or when manually configured , I cannot ping anything

any ideas ?

also I am using HDMI to 42" hdtv and vga to a 22" monitor and that works , I got one big desktop across both

use NVdarwin.kext mod GeForce9300, on board video DVI with QE run on only 32bit kernel.

1. if you want to use it , put it /System/Libray/Extensions

2. rebuild kextcache , kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

up-xepid9053.jpg

EFI string or 64bit NVinject.kext cannot run with QE. it's software emulation.

internel ethernet is working , but after S3 sleep wakeup, ethernet is not work.

NVdarwin.kext.zip

use NVdarwin.kext mod GeForce9300, on board video DVI with QE run on only 32bit kernel.

if you want to use it , put it /System/Libray/Extension.

rebuild kextcache ,

kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension

up-xepid9053.jpg

Thank you :-)

I still use the NVkush.kext. Everything works fine for me in 32Bit. My only issue is the missing QE in 64Bit :-(

should I worry about these ?

ash-3.2# kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension

Can't stat /System/Library/Extension - No such file or directory.

bash-3.2# kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

AppleACPIPCI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform.

AppleACPIPCI.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Dependency Resolution Failures:

Only incompatible kexts found for these libraries:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

Created mkext archive /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext.

1. if you want to use it , put it /System/Libray/Extension

2. rebuild kextcache , kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension

up-xepid9053.jpg

I get no video out , but that probably because I am using VGA and hdmi and not dvi KVkush works but no QE

my ethernet does not work , it does work in Linux , in OSX it just gives me a local 169 addr this is a rev 1 board ( not what I was hoping to get)

1. if you want to use it , put it /System/Libray/Extension

2. rebuild kextcache , kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension

up-xepid9053.jpg

I get no video out , but that probably because I am using VGA and hdmi and not dvi KVkush works but no QE

my ethernet does not work , it does work in Linux , in OSX it just gives me a local 169 addr this is a rev 1 board ( not what I was hoping to get)

No matter if VGA, DVI or HDMI... i always have QE with NVkush. But NVkush is only 32 Bit.

No matter if VGA, DVI or HDMI... i always have QE with NVkush. But NVkush is only 32 Bit.

I was trying NVdarwin

I think my problem is that I am not in 32bit , even though I have 32bit set, I see 64bit enabled in boot ?? , what am i missing

bash-3.2# cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
bash-3.2# cat com.apple.Boot.plist 

Kernel
mach_kernel
Kernel Flags
arch=x86_32

well I guess I and running 32bit

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6 (10A432)

Kernel Version: Darwin 10.0.0

Boot Volume: SnowMacOS

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: Don Carroll’s MacBook

User Name: Don Carroll (don)

Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled

64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No

Time since boot: 20 minutes

I was trying NVdarwin

I think my problem is that I am not in 32bit , even though I have 32bit set, I see 64bit enabled in boot ?? , what am i missing

bash-3.2# cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Kernel
mach_kernel
Kernel Flags
arch=x86_32

This is my com.apple.Boot.plist

bash-3.2# cd /Extra/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>boot-uuid=0E0FAD21-A464-3EBF-98DB-AF275D9AAAAA -x32</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>
bash-3.2#

my video now

I am running 512 MB , how can I fix that and fix the model name

and no QE

I Can Has Model?:

Chipset Model:    I Can Has Model?
 Type:    GPU
 Bus:    PCI
 VRAM (Total):    256 MB
 Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:    0x086c
 Revision ID:    0x00b1
 ROM Revision:    3362
 Displays:
L2210NW:
 Resolution:    1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:    Yes
 Mirror:    Off
 Online:    Yes
 Rotation:    Supported
VW42LFHDTV10A:
 Resolution:    1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Mirror:    Off
 Online:    Yes
 Rotation:    Supported
 Television:    Yes

Use ATY_INIT.kext from Netkas to initialise the onboard Graphics instead.

ok I like that better

now how do I tell if QE is on ?

NVIDIA Graphics Card:

Chipset Model:    NVIDIA Graphics Card
 Type:    GPU
 Bus:    PCI
 VRAM (Total):    512 MB
 Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:    0x086c
 Revision ID:    0x00b1
 ROM Revision:    netkas.org
 Displays: