[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

ZOTAC 9300 Mountain Lion

• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
I think it's a risk

bibendum

bibendum

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Thank you for organizing this nice little install packet. I have two ITX computers running now, 1 Mac Cube ITX, and 1 Quad core 9800gt gaming pc. Btw, does anyone else have trouble with the DVI output on this board? On my Cube ITX build, which doesn't have a discrete graphics card, i can only get vga working and not DVI :-(.

Got any pix of your G4 Cube build? I have a tutorial on putting a D945GCLF in a cube...

Patrick

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts

is a zip of all the kexts I am using. Inside the EE package are the kexts for extra/extensions and inside SLE are both the new kexts and modified kexts to put in System/Library/Extensions.
Sound is useable (occasional "crackle" for no apparent reason, but otherwise fine but 2-channel only) but could be improved.
I do not know if toslink/spdif is working (have no way to test). QE/CI works. And I do not understand the question about "magic packet" - sorry.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the kext zip - it helped a lot. However, on the Graphics front, I just get the "Can I has Model" Chipset Model, CI is Software, not Hardware, and QE is not supported. How did you get NVKush to give full support?

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts
I had put NVKush in E/E, but when I moved it to S/L/E up popped hardware CI and QE. As you say, the "I can has model" model is still there, but the OpenGL screensavers and Dashboard ripples are all working. Getting better and better! Thanks for your help.

ntsmkfob2

ntsmkfob2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
What PSU are you using? I have the PicoPSU-150 with a 120W supply. I just have an E7400 CPU, 2GB RAM, a Samsung SSD and the slot-loaded DVD drive at the moment, although I'm going to add a PCIE DVB-S card as well. I think it's comfortably inside the limits of the PSU. I just wondered if that might be the problem with your BIOS corruption.

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts
I did update the BIOS a few days ago. Zotac put the update back on their website with the proviso that you disable the Fan autocontrol before doing the update. Might be worth a try if you haven't already updated it.

erk

erk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Anyone tried one of these Zotac GeForce 9300 board with the iATKOS_v7.iso installer? If so what options need selecting in the installer?

I have just ordered a board and already have the iATKOS_v7 distro handy. I have a retail Leopard disk just in case but it's quite an early one, needs several updates.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Hy
I'm really sure that the boot fit without any selection mod.. because the retail mac osx dvd boot fine without mod.
so the unique mods are to see and load at best the ahci and audio and video.. but I suppose that you can load iatkosv7 without any patch

let me see

thanks

bibendum

bibendum

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Anyone tried one of these Zotac GeForce 9300 board with the iATKOS_v7.iso installer? If so what options need selecting in the installer?

I have just ordered a board and already have the iATKOS_v7 distro handy. I have a retail Leopard disk just in case but it's quite an early one, needs several updates.

I just used retail - you only need the combo update to go from 10.5.0 to 10.5.7

Patrick

Brahen

Brahen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello! thanks for all this good job! I will buy this mobo next month for my htpcMac!
Is HDMI outpout (video and sound) out of the box? Or only HDMI video like the Mac mini? and the optical sound outpout?
Thanks ;-)

erk

erk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I just used retail - you only need the combo update to go from 10.5.0 to 10.5.7

Patrick

Are you sure your retail disk was 1.5.0? I am not getting anywhere with mine, it's the 5 user family pack DVD, I cant get it to boot using many of the above methods.

No problem booting the iATKOS v7 disk, but it only gets about 20% into the install and then says it can't validate the contents of 10.5.7 Intel and stops. I have checked the MD5 and burn 5 or 6 different copies on several different burners at slowest speed and they all do the same thing. So far I have had zero luck with any OSx86 install on this nice little board. I have double checked the BIOS settings and even tried MiniHack's .sparseimage thumbdrive boot image. I am out of ideas short of buying a later retail DVD.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
ahii .. crack md5, using 10.5.0.. why so much woods through the weels.. .

and why not using a tape recorder like a commodore C64.. with all the dvd turned in the tape?

or_astroman

or_astroman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I've read through this thread but I don't think it's been mentioned, does the eSATA port work? With only 2 sata on board it would be nice to be able to use the eSATA for a media/storage drive.

hackpro mini

hackpro mini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you guys, This thread was a really great help.

I have my own experience with this motherboard that I will post once I complete and fix all bugs.

bibendum

bibendum

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Are you sure your retail disk was 1.5.0? I am not getting anywhere with mine, it's the 5 user family pack DVD, I cant get it to boot using many of the above methods.

I was booting from the 10.5.6 Boxed Set retail DVD. However my statement stands - combo update will take you from 10.5.0 to 10.5.7...

I've read through this thread but I don't think it's been mentioned, does the eSATA port work? With only 2 sata on board it would be nice to be able to use the eSATA for a media/storage drive.

I used the eSata on mine - worked fine.

Patrick

erk

erk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I was booting from the 10.5.6 Boxed Set retail DVD. However my statement stands - combo update will take you from 10.5.0 to 10.5.7...
I used the eSata on mine - worked fine.

Patrick

I had to go to the local Apple dealer thins morning and buy a 10.5.6 retail installer. I just couldn't get anywhere with the 10.5.0 always failed on the boot. With the 10.5.6 I am now making progress, the install is running atm.

System is now running, I used the BootThink sparseimage method MiniHack created on a thumb drive instead of Chameleon seemed to work fine, I had to boot with -x flag a couple of times after install until I sorted out the .kext database rebuild. 10.5.7 update was fine. Now to look into WiFi.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
wifi is weird.. is a via vt6656 chipset.. how do you think to solve?

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts
I have an SSD disk, a slimline DVDRW, 2GB Ram, E7400 CPU, three fans, a PCIE Sat card powering a dual LNB, plus USB wifi keyboard. All up, it only draws 40W at idle, which goes up to a shade under 70W at full tilt. I am using a 120W AC adaptor into a 150W PicoPSU. If you have a normal disk drive that's going to add about 12-15W to the load. If your USB hub is powered, it shouldn't draw much current from the mobo and you could use it to take the heavier demands off the mobo.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
ok. i'm agree with you for the wifi.. yes I read about ssd wifi cards.. is nice! but in my megastore near home I found yesterday the digicom wifi usb, is only 24 and I'll take a place in front of the case.. attaching it into the internal usb socket. Is not good to see but it is perfect.
For the performances.. I think the antenna is 3 to 5 db as whatever minipci laptop card.. only the pci card are better thanks to big external omni directional antenna.. which is granted for 5db! ssd card is so small and I suppose (I'm not sure) that with it you can do small link between rooms in your home.

--

I wonder if any of you have had issues with lower power PSUs? I am using a 150W PSU and have got a lot of stuff on the USB bus - bluetooth, ssd, couple of USB sticks an output to a USB hub and also I recently plugged in some old Mac Cube speakers.
I have a feeling I may have overloaded the little power supply as the USB ports have become unresponsive.

yes.. before having it I had a via epia mini itx card.. Think: I had a 90w switching psu.. a dvd 3,5", an 80gb hdd 3,5", 2 ethernet. So with this one .. yes.. we have a real big CPU not an embedded fanless very cold cpu, but I did a measurement and estimate (as you see I've a lot of stuff as you) I spend from 120 to 140w.

The thing with this board is it has 12 USB ports, so I imagine the USB controller itself is capable of driving 6amps and if I have damaged anything it will be my PSU. Shame. I note though that the PicoPSU manual rates the 5v line of the PSU as 6Amp maximum continuous, but also suggests that if you do not cool the CPU you should derate the outputs by 35%......meaning a drop to 4Amps. That means if you use much USB power and a drive or two there is virtually no headroom.
I have ordered a small form factor 200w psu which has a much higher theoretical 5 volt output (12 Amp max) which I hope should mean 8 Amp continuous.
I hope that in fact this IS the problem and that a new PSU will address the issues. Better that than finding out the MOBO has defective USB ports.

sorry? did you drunk too much? ? (it's a good story .. maybe with a great wine heh)

you wan to do real calcs? cut the cable.. pick up a tester and look for the real Ampers.

thenameisgabe

thenameisgabe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Wow, it seems that every couple of months all install procedures change drastically.

I just got this board, trying to get OSX on it. I've done regular distros as well as boot 132 on two previous boards, but this one is stumping me. I'm trying MiniHack's BootThink method to install from a 10.5.6 DVD, but there are a couple of things i'm unclear about.

Where do I get the DSDT.aml file? Also, what does it do?

EDIT: Grabbed the DSDT from the sparseimage. Still curious as to what it does though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy