NTLoader+ISOEmu+Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431

31 posts in this topic

System Required: wnidows 2000/2003/XP

Assume your windows install on C:\

step1 : Download attachment and extract it to C:\.

step2 : Edit boot.ini , add a line : c:\ieldr="Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431"

NOTE: Do NOT rename the chameleo.iso , because ISOEmu only support 8.3 format file name.

Thanks Chameleon Team , ISOEmu author!

PS: I haven't Vista or Win7 , so don't konw how to let this stuff working under Vista or Win7.

Maybe EasyBCD can help , if anyone know how , please share.

chameleon_2.0RC1_r431_bootiso.rar

Edited by twilight.lee

System Required: wnidows 2000/2003/XP

Assume your windows install on C:\

step2 : Edit boot.ini , add a line : c:\ieldr="Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431"

NOTE: Do NOT rename the chameleo.iso , because ISOEmu only support 8.3 format file name.

Thanks Chameleon Team , ISOEmu author!

Thanks mate I m gonna try that with vista x64.

In the boot selector screen the Chameleon choice text has a bracket, is it a misspelling?

Yes , it is misspelling. fixed.

thanks.

can we modify the iso with theme / smbios / dsdt etc?

Actually , I made this ISO use this method : hxxp://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/how-to-rebuild-an-install-dvd-with-chameleons-cdboot

You can add any stuff what you want.

[Key Code]

sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o chameleo.iso bootmedia/ -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot bootmedia/usr/standalone/i386/cdboot -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name "Chameleon 2.0RC1" -joliet-volume-name "Chameleo" -iso-volume-name "Chameleo"

just wanted to report that it's not working on my win7/osx dual boot. put the files in place, replaced my tboot line in boot.ini with yours and cannot boot. some error and then says should be either partition 1 2 or 3. went back to tboot line and everything is fine.

thanks

just wanted to report that it's not working on my win7/osx dual boot. put the files in place, replaced my tboot line in boot.ini with yours and cannot boot. some error and then says should be either partition 1 2 or 3. went back to tboot line and everything is fine.

thanks

There are a method for Vista and Win7 , but I can NOT test, so no guarantee it's working.

Assume your Vista or Win7 installed on C.

step2 : Copy boot.inibootfont.binNTDETECT.COMntldr from XP to your C:\

step3 : Edit boot.ini , add a line : c:\ieldr="Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431"

all done , reboot. good luck!

There are a method for Vista and Win7 , but I can NOT test, so no guarantee it's working.

Assume your Vista or Win7 installed on C.

step2 : Copy boot.inibootfont.binNTDETECT.COMntldr from XP to your C:\

step3 : Edit boot.ini , add a line : c:\ieldr="Chameleon-2.0RC1-r431"

all done , reboot. good luck!

attachment? did I miss it? I already have ntdetect and ntldr to get tboot working. I don't have bootfont.bin though. maybe not important and just a problem with the extra partition win7 puts onto the hdd.

edit1: ahh, just reread your post and realized that copy is not related to download attachment :) . Since I don't have XP I need to get the missing files elsewhere

I mean the chameleon_2.0RC1_r431_bootiso.rar attachment, it's seemed this method not working for win7 , sorry , can't help you.

thanks, just reread your post and realized that copy in step 2 had nothing to do with the attachment of step 1 :( (which was referring to the original post). yeah, seems that this is not working for win7.

thank you

tgd

Will this work if MacOS is installed on a separate physical harddrive?

Also my question:

HD1 = MBR, 4 partitions OS X, first active Chameleon 2.0

HD2 = 3 partitions, first WinXP,NTFS (not active), second OS X partition, active=default boot, Chamelon 2.0

I must select by F12 to boot from HD2 , then in Chameleon select WINXP to boot XP=OK.

But when i boot normal (from HD1) and do select WinXP (which is on HD2) i get only an blinking cursor.

May that NTloader + configs helps also in that case (WinXP is NOT the defaulr bootloader, its Chameleon on my HD2), or can that method explained here only works if

my WinXP would be the default boot (means XP partition=active) ?

I boot XP not often, so also my HD2 should have OSX as default boot active and not XP bootloader. No problem if no way, then i use the little longer way over F12 >HD2 > Chamemeon>XP

To bradontctak : I guess the windows on your C: is vista or win7

As I mentioned , i have no idea how to make this stuff working on vista or win7.

Sorry. If you find a way , please share.

To mitch_de : When you boot from HD1 , Did Chameleon 2.0 list all partitions of both hardisks ? Are you sure you select the *RIGHT* XP partition?

If sure , that maybe a bug of Chameleon.

Yeah CH booting from HD1 shows all partitions on HD2 and i selected XP. Maybe an limitation of CH 2RC1 with seperate HDs.

I will try to use this (not already tested) .rar and edit the boot.ini.

So Chameleon 2 on HD1 will boot/load that isoemu and that loads chameleon.iso from HD2 ?

I will report - at least i am sure to damage not my already working CH 2 install on that second partition of HD2.

Yeah CH booting from HD1 shows all partitions on HD2 and i selected XP. Maybe an limitation of CH 2RC1 with seperate HDs.

I will try to use this (not already tested) .rar and edit the boot.ini.

So Chameleon 2 on HD1 will boot/load that isoemu and that loads chameleon.iso from HD2 ?

I will report - at least i am sure to damage not my already working CH 2 install on that second partition of HD2.

The ISOEmu must load by NTLoader , so you need extract the attachment to your XP Partition of HD2 , and boot from HD2, maybe you also need mark XP Partition as active.

HD1 = MBR, 4 partitions OS X, first active Chameleon 2.0

HD2 = 3 partitions, first WinXP,NTFS (not active), second OS X partition, active=default boot, Chamelon 2.0

Can you try boot form HD1 , then use Chameleon2 choose the OS X partition of HD2?

Tell us whether the Chameleon2 of HD1 can boot OS X partition of HD2 or not.

thanks.

i'm running xp

my hdd gt 3 partition.. 1st is E: 2nd is C: 3rd is F:

boot.ini is in the 1st and windows is at 2nd.

Do you use tboot ? Deal with ieldr as same as tboot.

So just extract the attachment to the partition which has the boot.ini.

In your case , extract the attachment to the E:

edit boot.ini add a line : e:\ieldr="Chameleon 2.0RC1 r431"