Hacked PS/2 Driver :)

babaev

210 posts in this topic

to people that have been following this thread: any news about whether this would help people with touchpads use tapping and other touchpad features?

My keyboard is set and working, as is my mouse, but it'd be really great to get tapping and scrolling working on my touchpad over here.

Thanks!

I get a permission denied error when trying to put the driver into the extensions folder. I used the instructions in the first topic? Is there anything I need to do so I can install it?

You have to install it as a privileged user, to do this, you must start terminal and execute command "su", follower by administrator's password.

Hey, all, I can't believe the progress I'm reading about, excellent!!

I'm using a laptop and my touch pad and integrated keyboard work fine. I also have a keyboard and mouse (both ps/2) connected via a USB adapter(1), and neither work under OsX. Would the drivers talked about here be what I should try? (sorry for my grammar, long day)

Cheers, and keep it up

dell 600m 1.6ghz 2mb cache 400fsb

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i'm not sure exactly what was hacked in this PS2 driver, but i have just managed to get 10.4.3 working natively, but my laptop keyboard isn't working :( I was wondering if the original poster or someone else could compile this version of the PS2Controller.kext for 10.4.3?

Maybe then my laptop keyboard will work (it worked in 10.4.1 )

--

bedrock

Hi, i'm not sure exactly what was hacked in this PS2 driver, but i have just managed to get 10.4.3 working natively, but my laptop keyboard isn't working :( I was wondering if the original poster or someone else could compile this version of the PS2Controller.kext for 10.4.3?

Maybe then my laptop keyboard will work (it worked in 10.4.1 )

--

bedrock

I'm downloading 10.4.3 right now - if there'll be any troubles with PS/2, I'll try to repair it. But not sure. All keyboards are different, I'm not such a guru in PS/2 drivers. :)

I'm downloading 10.4.3 right now - if there'll be any troubles with PS/2, I'll try to repair it. But not sure. All keyboards are different, I'm not such a guru in PS/2 drivers. :)

Thanks for your help, i'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but i just keep getting:

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out waiting for mouse input stream
ApplePS2Controller: Timed out waiting for keyboard input stream

Thanks in advance

--

bedrock

Yes i have seen that, thats the kext that maxxuss included in his 1.1 PPF patch, and that is already on my patched DVD, but it isn't working the keyboard on my laptop. So when i cam accross this thread i thought the hacked PS/2 driver might work, but then it is for 10.4.1 ;)

I hope someone can help me get my laptop keyboard working, caus apart from that everything else is good, even sound is working fine, just no keyboard

--

bedrock

Yes i have seen that, thats the kext that maxxuss included in his 1.1 PPF patch, and that is already on my patched DVD, but it isn't working the keyboard on my laptop. So when i cam accross this thread i thought the hacked PS/2 driver might work, but then it is for 10.4.1 ;)

I hope someone can help me get my laptop keyboard working, caus apart from that everything else is good, even sound is working fine, just no keyboard

--

bedrock

Well, I recompiled my patched driver for 10.4.3. It works for me. As soon as I'll test it, I post it here

Well, I recompiled my patched driver for 10.4.3. It works for me. As soon as I'll test it, I post it here

I'm looking forward to testing with my laptop also. I have borrowed a usb keyboard, and i am planning on installing XCode and getting source too, so i can experiment, i am puzzeled why laptop keyboard isn't when it did with 10.4.1, according to apple developer site darwin source didn't chage for this kext ;)

--

bedrock

I'm looking forward to testing with my laptop also. I have borrowed a usb keyboard, and i am planning on installing XCode and getting source too, so i can experiment, i am puzzeled why laptop keyboard isn't when it did with 10.4.1, according to apple developer site darwin source didn't chage for this kext ;)

As I've understood, all ps/2 code was removed from this new version of MacOSX... I do not even see ps2 headers.

But I'm only in the beginnig. I'll continue research.

Well i have been doing some experimenting with USB keyboard attached...

At boot time i get

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out waiting for keyboard input stream

and laptop keyboard doesn't work, but after OSX has booted if i open a terminal and

kextunload ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kextload ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

my laptop keyboard start working ;)

Is there some way i can automate this process with a bootup script? I am not familair with apple scripting although i do know a little about bash, i have created a shell script, but of course it is useless caus i need to be root to execute kextunload/kextload, so i need some way from a script to su and then execute the two lines above. Any help?

Thanks

--

bedrock

Well i added those two lines to the end of /etc/rc and for now i get keyboard working okay on bootup, so it looks like i have a tempory solution

but i still dont understand why the default ApplePS2Controller.kext times out on boot?

--

bedrock

Well i added those two lines to the end of /etc/rc and for now i get keyboard working okay on bootup, so it looks like i have a tempory solution

but i still dont understand why the default ApplePS2Controller.kext times out on boot?

Big Bug :(

I've got similar behavior.

Hello, I tried the etc/rc trick but it failed for me... :unsure:

Can you put what you wrote exactly in your rc (which one ?) file and where (in the script ? or after ?) please !

I'm lost...

thank youy in advance !

Hello, I tried the etc/rc trick but it failed for me... ;)

Can you put what you wrote exactly in your rc (which one ?) file and where (in the script ? or after ?) please !

I'm lost...

thank youy in advance !

Something like

kextunload ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextload ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

into file /etc/rc

just before the end (as I understand, before login window start)

Thank you babaev ! Unfortunatly it doesn't work...

But I just realized that ApplePS2Keyboard.kext is not loaded in native boot.

it's loaded in VMware and I use that mode to make the changes in etc/rc

I thought I could just copy/paste the commands in a .txt but it can't work 'cause I need to hit Enter... too bad...

Hi !

I put the two lines between the last if -> fi, and exit0, and now I can see something when I boot in -v verbose mode. However, something's wrong with the permissions.

I probably need to "chown" something, but what ? The kextload/kextunload couple or the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext ?

I tried to unload/reload manualy that kext in Vmware (where it's loaded contrary to native) and it gave me the same permission error than during the native boot process.

Finally what 's the cause, ant what's the consequence ?

I mean, is the lake of ApplePS2Keyboard.kext the cause of the timing out or is the timing out the cause of the lake of ApplePS2Keyboard.kext when the system is loaded ?

Hope it's the first solution even if I think it's probably the second... :huh:

Need your advises and opinions

Thank you in advance !

I put the two lines between the last if -> fi, and exit0, and now I can see something when I boot in -v verbose mode. However, something's wrong with the permissions.

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel *

Thank you, now I have the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext loaded in native mode, but the Keyboard still doesn't work :S

Is there a way to create a kind of script that I could place on the Desktop and launch with the only mouse ?

Thank you !

Thank you, now I have the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext loaded in native mode, but the Keyboard still doesn't work :S

Is there a way to create a kind of script that I could place on the Desktop and launch with the only mouse ?

Thank you !

You have to enter Administrator password anyway. But on-screen keyboard (one of the standard layouts) will help you.

You have to enter Administrator password anyway.

In fact I probably could find a solution with Sudoers, but i'm pretty sure that won't bring me answer

Can you post your new recompiled driver for 10.4.3, I'm gonna test it, 'cause the rc trick doesn't work... definitly :D

Thank you in advance !

i'm a little bit desperate... :)