i am running retail copy of MAC OS X 10.5.6 on my pc with mobo ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS

everything is working perfect except the ps2 keyboard,

i have attached the usb mouse and ps2 keyboard,

but i am not getting it working,

plz. help me.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone seeing this thread ??? Seems inactive from quite a while !!

I have the same problem,My PS2 Keyboard and Mouse refuse to work !! I have a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NF4 !

I have installed the latest iAtkos S3 (10.6.3) while installing itself I selected the Apple and the other PS2 patch but didn't work !

So I later downloaded it from here to with no result ! it still won't take it, after the patch applied (downloaded from here) if I connect the keyboard and mouse  the system hangs after boot,sometimes I don't get the top task bar and sometimes dock ! it just hangs while if I remove them and use USB it works just fine !

Please someone shed some light on this and make it work for me !

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
My native notebook keyboard did not work "out of the box".

I downloaded ApplePS2 driver source from Apple's developer site, hacked them a little (added self-test to keyboard enabling method) and my notebook's keyboard (notebook: LG LS50, Centrino (SSE2 only), ATI Radeon M10 (9600)) works almost perfect.

I give no guarantee, that it'll work with your's specific keyboard, but you can try. May be I'll continue to develop this driver. I'm totally newbie to MacOSX developing, so...

How to install:

1. download ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

2. unzip

3. copy it to /System/Library/Extensions (something like "cp -R ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/" in terminal)

4. modify owner (something like "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext" in terminal)

before entering commands in terminal, switch to superuser mode ("su", press enter and enter password)

Reboot, unplug USB keyboard and enjoy (if you can).

Is it necessary to change ownership!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi,

Anyone seeing this thread ??? Seems inactive from quite a while !!

I have the same problem,My PS2 Keyboard and Mouse refuse to work !! I have a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NF4 !

I have installed the latest iAtkos S3 (10.6.3) while installing itself I selected the Apple and the other PS2 patch but didn't work !

So I later downloaded it from here to with no result ! it still won't take it, after the patch applied (downloaded from here) if I connect the keyboard and mouse  the system hangs after boot,sometimes I don't get the top task bar and sometimes dock ! it just hangs while if I remove them and use USB it works just fine !

Please someone shed some light on this and make it work for me !

Regards.

I had very similar problem in my Asus F3SV laptop.

Fortunately after a lot of searching and modification of AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext

I have solved it.

The key issue is that these 2 kexts were interfered by my DSDT.aml.

After removal of DSDT.aml my ApplePS2Keyboard and ApplePS2Trackpad are loaded smoothly and working perfectly.

So please try to delete your \DSDT.aml or \Extra\DSDT.aml after backup them, hope then it can work.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

does this kext work in 10.9.2

Many notebook users installed 10.9.2 and used some version of PS2 drivers.

Usually drivers from 10.6.8 works in 10.9.2 as well. They must be 32/64 architecture.