GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Add 0x954f1002 /S/L/E/ATI4600Controller.kext/Contents/info.plist=>IOPCIMatch

Add 0x954f1002 /S/L/E/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/info.plist=>IOPCIMatch

Remove /S/L/E/ATI4500Controller.kext

restart

QE/CI !

1680x1050 !

Enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

what chameleon build is this? prerelease 6?

UPDATE:

on my osx experimenting partition i installed 10.6.5 Delta, boot file and did the other steps.

It worked on my Asus HD 4350 Silent. 2048x1152 resolution, QE/CI, DVI

VGA and dual monitors didnt work for me

Green apple and opengl green is still there do you know how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
what chameleon build is this? prerelease 6?

UPDATE:

on my osx experimenting partition i installed 10.6.5 Delta, boot file and did the other steps.

It worked on my Asus HD 4350 Silent. 2048x1152 resolution, QE/CI, DVI

VGA and dual monitors didnt work for me

Green apple and opengl green is still there do you know how to fix it?

Is there anyone who's managed to get dual monitors working with this card AT ALL?

has anyone had any success with 10.6.4.. i updated on an experimental partition and was able to boot.. but was stuck at one resolution and had no QE/CI..... I like being up to date but it seems like development on this card has died :)

guide post here

its best to stay on 10.6.3, the 10.6.4 method isnt as great

however, 10.6.5 will be as well supported as 10.6.3 thanks to Chameleon RC5, and xmedik for posting it.

so when 10.6.5 comes out proper, use that and follow the guide post for how to get it working.

10.6.5 Delta Update

Giga-byte ATI HD4350 512M

Guide:

Chameleon2_RC5

boot.zip

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Add 0x954f1002 /S/L/E/ATI4600Controller.kext/Contents/info.plist=>IOPCIMatch

Add 0x954f1002 /S/L/E/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/info.plist=>IOPCIMatch

Remove /S/L/E/ATI4500Controller.kext

restart

QE/CI !

1680x1050 !

Enjoy :)

Thanks. I used this method, chameleon 2 rc5, graphicsenabler=yes,addition of device ids to both plists, and with the 10.6.5 delta update. I'm still at 10.6.4 and unfortunately, I can't get qe/ci activated with the res stuck at 1440x1050, when I had 1920x1080 before. Any advice on getting it to work on 10.6.4? Thanks!

Thanks. I used this method, chameleon 2 rc5, graphicsenabler=yes,addition of device ids to both plists, and with the 10.6.5 delta update. I'm still at 10.6.4 and unfortunately, I can't get qe/ci activated with the res stuck at 1440x1050, when I had 1920x1080 before. Any advice on getting it to work on 10.6.4? Thanks!

i hate to keep constantly posting about the guide post, but it has methods for 10.6.2 to 10.6.5.

support for 10.6.4 works, but its a bit of a lame hack that i invented. it involves using ati kexts from 10.6.3.

however, if you don't really need 10.6.4, wait for 10.6.5 final, which is just around the corner, and then use Chameleon RC5 and device-id in 4600controller (what XMedik posted).

i hate to keep constantly posting about the guide post, but it has methods for 10.6.2 to 10.6.5.

support for 10.6.4 works, but its a bit of a lame hack that i invented. it involves using ati kexts from 10.6.3.

however, if you don't really need 10.6.4, wait for 10.6.5 final, which is just around the corner, and then use Chameleon RC5 and device-id in 4600controller (what XMedik posted).

Thanks for both the guide and the prompt response. I've failed to mention that I did refer to your guide for 10.6.4 and for 10.6.5 (using the beta update) and both resulted in a black screen. If I remove the ATI kexts from /S/L/E, then I get video again (generic graphic kexts?). As far as ports go, I tried to use a direct HDMI connection as well as a HDMI->DVI adapter. I'll try with 10.6.3 once I can download the combo update (Apple's site seems to be under maintenance right now).

Two things that I'm concerned about: 1) neither the DVI nor the HDMI port will work with the method in the guide but only the VGA port; 2) the specific card that I have, an MSI R4350 HD512H , is different enough from the other cards reported here.

With what I've reported, hopefully there's something obvious I'm missing here?

Thanks for both the guide and the prompt response. I've failed to mention that I did refer to your guide for 10.6.4 and for 10.6.5 (using the beta update) and both resulted in a black screen. If I remove the ATI kexts from /S/L/E, then I get video again (generic graphic kexts?). As far as ports go, I tried to use a direct HDMI connection as well as a HDMI->DVI adapter. I'll try with 10.6.3 once I can download the combo update (Apple's site seems to be under maintenance right now).

Two things that I'm concerned about: 1) neither the DVI nor the HDMI port will work with the method in the guide but only the VGA port; 2) the specific card that I have, an MSI R4350 HD512H , is different enough from the other cards reported here.

With what I've reported, hopefully there's something obvious I'm missing here?

hmm, i dont know. its likely your card thats causing the problem.

other users experimented with dsdt and had success.... also some users reported that the methods in the guide didn't work for them. it might be worth looking at alternative methods...

hmm, i dont know. its likely your card thats causing the problem.

other users experimented with dsdt and had success.... also some users reported that the methods in the guide didn't work for them. it might be worth looking at alternative methods...

Thanks! I was just about to give up and was writing this right as my computer was loading after I tried the "Chinese approach", which I'm guessing wasn't meant as being lightly suggested but strongly advised. And lo and behold, it works! I have the green apple which is fine.

A few questions: how would I go about updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 without triggering a kernel panic due to the ATIRadeonx2000.kext that gets installed? My way of getting around this was moving the file out of /s/l/e from finder as the combo update was installing it. And why aren't the kexts in the Chinese method recommended in the instructions for 10.6.4 and 10.6.5?

again. thanks for your help throughout all this.

Thanks! I was just about to give up and was writing this right as my computer was loading after I tried the "Chinese approach", which I'm guessing wasn't meant as being lightly suggested but strongly advised. And lo and behold, it works! I have the green apple which is fine.

A few questions: how would I go about updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 without triggering a kernel panic due to the ATIRadeonx2000.kext that gets installed? My way of getting around this was moving the file out of /s/l/e from finder as the combo update was installing it. And why aren't the kexts in the Chinese method recommended in the instructions for 10.6.4 and 10.6.5?

Hey would you mind explaining exactly what you did to get full resolution and Qe/Ci in 10.6.4? ive added the chinese kexts along with the 10.6.3.. fixed permissions and am still stuck at one resolution.. I tried applying the netkas exoctic cards package and i get a blue screen flashing back and forth between light and dark blue lol.

Also: in 10.6.3 i have full qe/ci but my resolutions are odd... My normal is 1440 x 900 but the closest i can get is

1344 x1008 and then 1400 x 1050?? any ideas? thanks guys

1) booting in safe mode and updating might work, but generally the idea of combo updates is to install them right after the original snow leopard disk, rather than booting into 10.6.0 and then installing it from that...

2)as far as i remember, chinese method gave a KP in 10.6.4 and 10.6.5

also, 10.6.5 method provides much faster performance than any methods so far, [i think] due to it using 4600controller rather than 4500controller. so i recommend not bothering with 10.6.4

@ryudo

could try method of just ATI4350.Fix.kext in /E/E/

the performance drop is barely noticable

Hi All,

I have Giga-byte ATI HD4350 512M but could not get it works correctly.

I did as "¡FØRWARD BRAVE ATi 4350s!" post, chinese method but failed. When I reboot with -v, it seems hang at the last phase of DOS screen-like and could not get into graphical mode. I waited 30 minutes but getting no luck, have to turn it off by holding down power button.

I install OSX 10.6.3 using iAtkos.S3.10.6.3.ver.2

My mobo is Gigabyte P55 - USB3L

Please help me to get it works

Update: it's hung at:

"NTFS drive 3.2 [Flags:R/W]"

"NTFS volume name WIN7, version 3.1"

• 2 weeks later...

@DavidAnberlin

move with the times ;) the hacking was moving on when 10.6.5 was in beta

if you'd bothered to check the guide or read xmedik's post in the last page

10.6.5 working really well, graphics performance is noticably better in XBMC and other graphical apps.

Could be because we are now using the controller kext of ATI4600 rather than ATI4500, or could be C2RC5's improved graphicsenabler.

I've made ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext injector so you dont have add your device-id.

Visit the guide post for a full debriefing.

i really appreciate your work and dedication ANARCHiNTOSH...I did try out the delta update but it didnt go so well with my rig so i reverted back to 10.6.4...i have a sapphire 4350 1gb card.I get KPs but didn't have time to tinker with the kext and plists...when i get time i'll give the full update another run and see how it goes.Cheers.

1) booting in safe mode and updating might work, but generally the idea of combo updates is to install them right after the original snow leopard disk, rather than booting into 10.6.0 and then installing it from that...

I'm sorry for asking such a n00b question but how would I go about installing a combo update .pkg file right after installing the original snow leopard disk? I didn't realize this was even possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@davidanberlin

no probs, new method for 10.6.5 complete with easy injector kext has been posted

i really reccommend the 10.6.5 update to everyone, C2RC5 is amazing

graphics performance is much faster

Hi Anarchintosh,

Quick question: I'm currently using 10.6.4 with my MSI 512mb 4350, and am using PC EFI 10.6 because my rig is low-profile, and hence I can't use VGA and have to use DVI. I want to update to the 10.6.5 method, but am not positive that this method using C2RC5 supports DVI. Can you confirm whether or not DVI output works? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Anarchintosh,

Quick question: I'm currently using 10.6.4 with my MSI 512mb 4350, and am using PC EFI 10.6 because my rig is low-profile, and hence I can't use VGA and have to use DVI. I want to update to the 10.6.5 method, but am not positive that this method using C2RC5 supports DVI. Can you confirm whether or not DVI output works? Thanks!

DVI is the only one I think works on 10.6.5, it works for my low profile asus Ati 4350 512mb , i imagine your msi works as well. only one way to find out for sure though! have you read through the guide?