OSx on Intel i7 Asus P6T system

marcoz71ch

43 posts in this topic

Got ALC now working with both VoodooHDA (only line-out) and ALC1200 (both line-out and s/pdif).

Problem with ALC1200 not working was a 'hidden' AppleHDA.kext in \Extra\Stored_Kexts :wacko:

Open issues I have with P6T-SE:

1) LAN not working with 1000mbit

2) Clock running too fast (about 20%)

3) Extensive "IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000" is system.log

Think the last two problems are connected...

I'm not over/under clocking. boot.plist contains

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>busratio=20 -v</string>

Looked in various forums but so far no real clue to what this could be causing.

Does anyone here have insight on how OSX updates its clock and what might be causing this to go wrong?

@diddl14

Are you installing retail? I still can't get my DSDT patched. It seems that my bootloaders won't install or something.

I was wondering if you could tell me something about how you installed everything. Did you update your BIOS? And which BIOS settings did you use? And do you have any other hints or guides? Like which boot132 iso did you use? And did you install 10.5.6. and then upgrade it? And did you install with vanilla kernel or with voodoo and replaced it afterwards?

Update: clock is now working ok after installing Chameleon v2rc1. Key new feature is "automatic FSB detection".

@rule83:

I originally installed couple months back on a P5B using PCWiz IPC 10.5.6. That worked like a charm, including automatic update to 10.5.7. Didn't do any manual patching, efi strings etc.

Last week replaced my mainboard with P6T-SE and nVidia FX380 gfx.

Had to do the following to get the system running again:

- temporary change bios setting to use single core + no HT for 1st boot

- patch DSTD do remove CPU alias strings, I did this manually via cmd line

- added EFI string via OSX86 Tools to support FX380

- installed ALC1200 HDA patch to get sound

- installed Chameleon v2rc1 to fix clock issue

Only issue left is Realtek 8111C LAN speed... (hints more than welcome!)

I've briefly tried to do a clean install on other HD using an IPC 10.5.6 USB-stick but so far failed. Will now try to update the IPC-stick with Chameleon v2 and P6T DSTD and see if I can get it working again. For recovery purposes the USB stick based installer has been very helpfull ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on an issue I'm running into.

I've got a p6t (non-deluxe) with an ide dvd drive and an sata hard drive. Both are connected to the JMicron controller.

Most recently I've been working with the "ASUS P6T-Boot132.iso" That was posted above by caxio (thank you very much!). I'm using a retail Leopard DVD in conjunction with that. My issue is that if I boot with the JMicron controller in AHCI mode, I eventually get a kernel panic while loading the Leopard DVD (just before it gets to the Leopard installer GUI). It seems to be complaining about AHCI. So, I then decided to try it with the JMicron controller in IDE mode. This gets me to a point where I can install.

My question is this, is there something I can try that might allow me to install with the controller in AHCI mode?

yes got it working just need to sort out the sound and the auto boot any one can you give en a hand ?

or post up a you tube video

yes got it working just need to sort out the sound and the auto boot any one can you give en a hand ?

or post up a you tube video

Hi I have the same board and used iDeneb v 1.4 and it boots and goes through the install but when it restarts I see the gray apple start up screen for 2 sec's the the computer restarts.

Is possible for you to list the options you chose, under customize, once you got to the graphical part of the OS install? I think I have the BOIS correct.

Thanks

oq

OK - so I took the plunge and bought the P6T SE board a couple of weeks ago. Being my first attempt at this I have had some success and also there are some things still not working properly.

Firstly, I have managed to get OSX installed (a major achievement in my book :D ). I used iDeneb v1.4, vanilla kernel and it went through ok. I also tried iPC_OSX 10.5.6 and iAtkos 5 but both of these refused to even to get to the boot prompt.

• Once installed, the shutdown and restart work absolutely fine. Sleep doesn't do anything.

• LAN - this worked like a dream out of the box. Plugged into my router and it worked straight away no set-up required at all. Cool :thumbsup_anim:
  • USB keyboard and mouse work ok (keyboard is Microsoft 600 and mouse is standard Microsoft optical mouse and the scroll wheel works too). :thumbsup_anim:
  • USB devices are only detected if they are plugged in before booting. If you plug in after boot it is not recognised. :poster_oops:
  • Firewire is installed but does not recognise my (ancient) iPod at all - doesn't matter if it is plugged in before or after boot up it's not recognised. :)
  • Audio - drivers are included in the install (ALC1200) but these don't work so I have no sound :thumbsdown_anim:
  • DVD drive - can eject the install disc from Applications window but again it doesn't recognise a new disc when you put it in.

Graphics card is ATI HD4850 and this isn't working as there are not drivers on the install disk. There are some other threads with some drivers but these didn't work. So I have a fixed resolution of 1024 x 768 which is ok for the moment but it would be nice to get the full benefit of the graphics card.

My set-up is as follows:-

CPU : Intel i7 920

Motherboard : Asus P6T SE

Memory : 3 x 2gb Corsair DDR3 1333 (recognised as 1066)

Graphics : Gigabyte HD4850 (silent card with heat sink)

Hard drive : Samsung Spinpoint 500gb HD502IJ

DVD : Samsung SH-s223F

Hope this helps anyone thinking about getting an Asus board.

Hi I have been trying to use iDeneb 1.4 to install as well but it has not worked for me. The DVD boots and the installation works but when I restarts you see the apple logo screen for 2 secs and then the computer restarts. Is it possible for you to list the options you chose under customize so I can match them?

Thanks!

Hi, I have the ASUS P6T and I was also able to install iDeneb with SATA configured as AHCI. My only problem is i have 3 SATA Harddrives, the one which I am trying to install OSX to, as well as two other harddrives in RAID0 with my Windows 7 installed. My goal was to be able to dual boot between the two, but Windows won't boot in ACHI. I set my SATA back to RAID and i get Windows to boot but when I try to load OSX I get the "still waiting for root device error."

Is there any way to fix this? Or is the root device error not related?

Thanks for any help!

Hi etnmich

Can you post what you did here with iATKOS for everyone to know?

I've tried the iATKOS v7 dvd but it doesn't work for me. Problems I have see is when the install finishes the kernel panics. Or I restart and get to the gray apple logo screen and a icon appears (a circle with a line through it)

If you can post your options you chose in the intaller it would be helpful.

Thanks

oq

I have a working OSX installation on Asus P6T SE mobo, but I had to use a few tricks to get it working.

Using now iATKOS v7 with working Apple updates. If anyone wants help on that, just ask, but I must warn you that it required a lot of effort.

Everything is working, usb devices can be hot-plugged and discs changed after booting. Firewire seems to be working, but I don't have any firewire devices to test it.

@rule83: You might need modified ACPI drivers. Stock ACPI drivers had the same problem on my computer.

I'm getting a lot of mixed results with the p6t-se and alc1200.

I'm running vanilla. I install chameleon. Reboot... everything works except sound. Go here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430 install the kext into /Extra/Extensions ... rebuild Extensions.mkext. Reboot and sound doesn't work. If I stall Chameleon about 2-3 more times and rebuild extensions... reboot.... then it finally works. I end up with a bunch of extra stuff in the /Extra/Extensions folder that looks like duplicates, but thats the only way I get it to work.

Ideas?

I haven't tried this with iDeneb 1.4, but it works with 1.5.1

If you want to boot the DVD without the reboot issues, then you need to type "busratio=20" (for i7 920) in order to get to setup. Without that flag the DVD just reboots your computer over and over.

Hopefully that helps.

So when I boot, I do the following:

Hit F8 at the prompt

Type: -v busratio=20

Then it boots. :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello

anyone in this thread alive??

I'm trying to build this machine for many days now. Asus P6T (non deluxe), core i7 920.

have tried ideneb 1.3,1.4,1.51 i can never get it to boot.

i can get it to boot in -s on a voodoo kernel. on ideneb 1.3,1.4

and i can boot into -s on vanilla kernel ideneb 1.5.1

i use busratio=20 to boot it.

can someone using ideneb on asus p6t core i7 tell me which kernel they used and if they used any "fixes" on installation?

i've build hacks in the past, mostly gigabytes, but this one i cant seem to be able to resolve...

hello

I've tried ideneb 1.3,1.4,1.51 i tried voodoo and vanilla kernels....

i don't know what to do next.

the furthers i got is ideneb 1.5.1 vanilla kernel, i can boot -s, and doing a normal -v boot gets stuck saying a message like :

Kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

please help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys I got Snow Leopard working on the P6T non deluxe updated all the way to 10.6.4 It is fully functioning without any problems. I am even running dual monitors. I made a tutorial you can see at http://flynflip.com/Hackintoshing/ASUS P6T.php The tutorial is based on fleebailey's written tutorial and pack at www.fleebailey33.org Read his instructions first. He explains how to setup the bios which my video doesn't. My site is having trouble with Safari (I'm working on it) so try to use Firefox (osx or windows) or internet explorer. Hope it helps someone.