Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Step 2.

If you are sudo and you do not close the Terminal window typing:
mkdir /backup/Seatbelt
should not give that error.

Try the commands again in a fresh window and then take a screenshot and post it. Command+Shift 3 will take a screenshot

Scottapotamas

Scottapotamas

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
would someone be able to link a seatbelt.kext and a system.kext that work with 10.5.7, I cannot find any that have worked...

Thanks

alxz310

alxz310

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

would someone be able to link a seatbelt.kext and a system.kext that work with 10.5.7, I cannot find any that have worked...

Thanks

looking for the same thing, im on voodoo 9.6.0 osx 10.5.7 and none of the kexts seem to fix it

macdanny

macdanny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Where did you get a voodoo 9.6.0 kernel? I just upgraded to 10.5.7 also and am using voodoo 9.5.0 kernel.

looking for the same thing, im on voodoo 9.6.0 osx 10.5.7 and none of the kexts seem to fix it

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Where did you get a voodoo 9.6.0 kernel? I just upgraded to 10.5.7 also and am using voodoo 9.5.0 kernel.

There is no Voodoo 9.6.0 kernel however there are some 9.6.0 kernels based on the Voodoo source code. Do a search on the forum and you should find several references to these builds. For updates and information from the Voodoo Team visit http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I updated to 10.5.7 and had disk mounting problems. Since my Voodoo Kernel is the 9.5, I used the one from 10.5.5 version. I installed it with Kext Helper b7, rebooted and worked with no problems. I downloaded it using Firefox just like I do everytime I deal with Kexts. Safari now does all kind of stuff to mess with your downloaded kexts...

tdwp603

tdwp603

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i can't get passed step 2 too, i get "mkdir: /backup: no such file or directory"
im using the ideneb 1.4 distro.

EDIT: figured it out, i was supposed to to type mkdir /backup and then type mkdir /backup/Seatbelt

RoosterJuice

RoosterJuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm running iDeneb 10.5.6 on an acer laptop. I have my hdd partitioned to OSX Extended (journaled) / NTFS.

When i run uname -a it says i have kernel 9.2.0. What do I do in this case, as I only see solutions for 9.5.0/9.6.0

also, why would a fresh install of 10.5.6 install 9.2.0 kernel? Thanx in advance for any advice.

komadayim

komadayim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello,

I said exactly what you said. I also was installed Seatbelt in the first place. However i can open Adium, Firefox, Gimmesometune, etc. But can't open Last.fm, iscrobbler and other smaller stuff. I guess this is about the size of the DMGs but i'm not sure.

Can you help me about it?

ColinFox

ColinFox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Worked perfectly thanks soo much

m0da

m0da

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone, I've got something peculiar here...

my uname -a shows:
Darwin users-macbook-pro.local 9.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.7.0: Tue Mar 31 22:52:17 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.12.14~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

So, I have kernel 9.7.0, but I don't see any seatbelt.kext for kernel 9.7.0. I've googled all over the place! I've also tried seatbelt.kext from 9.5.0 and 9.6.0 with no avail.
I don't even know how I was updated to the 9.7.0 kernel. I started off with 9.5.0. Anyway, can someone point me to some instructions for the 9.7.0 fix? or if I should downgrade, which should I downgrade to (and how, if possible!!).

I'm using a Dell XPS M1330 (T9300, Dell N, 8400m gs). iAtkos 5i -> 10.5.7 combo update.
Thanks everyone. Very big help

*The error I get when I mount dmg's is the screen where it says "You need to restart your computer" with the backdrop graying the rest of the screen.

*I've also tried the seatbelt.kext version 107.12. same problem... :(

***I reapplied 10.5.7 and mounting seems fine with 9.7.0. I've uploaded my seatbelt.kext 107.12 that works ( seems to be the same as the older one, but might not be ).

**Now, I've also tried Voodoo's 9.7.0 and it doesn't work. As of now, I'm on the 9.5.0 kernel, mounting my dmg just fine. Any help on 9.7.0 installation would be great.
*Attached are my seatbelt.kext and system.kext (obviously NOT working for my setup).

Attached Files

RazorMaster

RazorMaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hello all,

I'm having the same problem, can't mount .dgm files.

I have kernel 9.6 using Ideneb 10.5.6.
I already installed the new Seatbelt for kernel 9.6 but when I try to mount dmg files, it locks leopard and it shows a restart warning. All I can do from here is to restart...
After restart, I try to mount dmg files, but it shows again the restar page... and locks the entire PC...

Any help please... I cand install new software...

Thanks...

SpAM_CAN

SpAM_CAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

If you are sudo and you do not close the Terminal window typing:

mkdir /backup/Seatbelt
should not give that error.

Try the commands again in a fresh window and then take a screenshot and post it. Command+Shift 3 will take a screenshot

Uhhh... I have no idea whats going on now. Keeps saying Permission Denied.

Here's a Screen Cap.
Posted Image

skeyo

skeyo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks working perfectly.

princeg

princeg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Is this also for intel computers?? I have pavilion dv4000.

I dont know what kernels to choose??

LightyKD

LightyKD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Any help with Kernel 9.7.0 ? I just Install OSX 5.7 onto a laptop and my desktop and this Voodoo panic thing is driving me nutz.

Hoplita

Hoplita

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there,

I'm only working on this project for 2 days already have all up and running :) even my geforce 8800GT working in Hardware mode :).

SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
QuartzGL: Supported

But now i upgraded to 10.5.7 i think i need a new seatbelt thats working on the 10.5.7 because i get kernel panics again:(. Any info ?

Best Regards

Hoplita

JoeSpit

JoeSpit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
hey i tried this and this is the error i get:

Posted Image

How can i fix this?

Hoplita

Hoplita

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey, i fixed the problem find the seabelt.kext for the 1.5.5

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy