*Updated 11/12* DMG mounting issues & Sandbox.kext/Seatbelt.kext

Lanceomni

168 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm only working on this project for 2 days already have all up and running :) even my geforce 8800GT working in Hardware mode :).

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

But now i upgraded to 10.5.7 i think i need a new seatbelt thats working on the 10.5.7 because i get kernel panics again:(. Any info ?

Best Regards

Hoplita

Hey guys now DMG files wont mount at all weather they are downloaded or whatever cause i tried to install avid and i got this:

DSC_0001.jpg

any help?

Can someone please explain to me how the seatbelt is choosen by the system ? when I look into the /Systems/Library/Extensions, I had no seatbelt.kext, just seatbelt970.kext and seatbelt950.kelt.

However, when I got the dmg kernel panic, I always get in the stack a reference to the seatbelt950 ( same debug trace that this picture ).

I tried to copy seatbelt970.kext as seatbelt.kext, but still the same message. I did a touch on the Extensions folder, repair permissions, add chown and chmod rights, reboot with -f but still the same seatbelt that leads me to this kernel panic.

I don't understand how it works, and I'm use to understanding how systems works.

Thx guys

meteo

EDT : I'm running a 9.7 kernel. And please don't tell me use 9.6 and corresponding seatbelt, I'd like to understand how it works. Thx

Can someone please explain to me how the seatbelt is choosen by the system ? when I look into the /Systems/Library/Extensions, I had no seatbelt.kext, just seatbelt970.kext and seatbelt950.kelt.

However, when I got the dmg kernel panic, I always get in the stack a reference to the seatbelt950 ( same debug trace that this picture ).

I tried to copy seatbelt970.kext as seatbelt.kext, but still the same message. I did a touch on the Extensions folder, repair permissions, add chown and chmod rights, reboot with -f but still the same seatbelt that leads me to this kernel panic.

I don't understand how it works, and I'm use to understanding how systems works.

Thx guys

meteo

EDT : I'm running a 9.7 kernel. And please don't tell me use 9.6 and corresponding seatbelt, I'd like to understand how it works. Thx

Hi there,

Im running a 9.7 Kernel as well, cant find the corresponding Seatbelt.kext for it. As far as I've could read in other forums extracting and installing the kext from the 10.5.7 combo doesn't work either.

Someone knows, why it actually CAN mount DMG files i have allready on the Hardrive, but can't with the one I actually downloaded from Firefox or Safari??? whats the difference?. Would love to understand, I even downloaded a DMG on my Windoes PC and copied over a USB stick to OSX and it worked..??? Any idea??

Regards.

I too am waiting for a fix for 10.5.7. Driving me nuts over here.

I have installed iDeneb's V1.5 10.5.7. During install I select Kernel 9.7 and I tick off the 'seatbelt fix' option. Even after doing so I STILL get panic's (kernel trap messages) when downloading/mounting DMG's with Safari.

Someone throw us a bone here please.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I too am waiting for a fix for 10.5.7. Driving me nuts over here.

I have installed iDeneb's V1.5 10.5.7. During install I select Kernel 9.7 and I tick off the 'seatbelt fix' option. Even after doing so I STILL get panic's (kernel trap messages) when downloading/mounting DMG's with Safari.

Someone throw us a bone here please.

thanks

Open Terminal and type

uname -a

Tell us what you get

what if i have a 9.8 kernel and alsa have crashes opening dmg's?

Have you verified that you are also running the Seatbelt.kext from the 10.5.8 update?

1. Go to the /System/Library/Extensions folder

2. right click on Seatbelt.kext and select "Show Package Contents"

3. Open Versions.plist in the Contents folder and reply back with its contents.

Hi i'm using iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite Version and also getting kernel panic on mounting DMGs, i have 9.8.0 kernel and here is a contents of my versions.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>14</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>Seatbelt</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1071100</string>
</dict>
</plist>

@ SeaGhost

I have uploaded Seatbelt from 10.5.8 and added it to my initial post. Follow the instructions to install the new seatbelt and you should be good to go.

* Please follow the instructions for backup up your extensions before you install any kexts

@ SeaGhost

I have uploaded Seatbelt from 10.5.8 and added it to my initial post. Follow the instructions to install the new seatbelt and you should be good to go.

http://rapidshare.com/files/272567035/seatbelt_1058.zip

* Please follow the instructions for backup up your extensions before you install any kexts

Works like a charm. Thank you so much!

Lets verify some info first.

4. Open Terminal and type:

uname -a

and reply back with what it says.

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>14</string>
<string>107.10</string>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1071100</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Darwin athoss-vmware-virtual-platform.local 9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Tue Aug 11 12:57:32 AST 2009; Based on Voodoo :xnu-1228.15.4/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

This is what I get.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>14</string>
<string>107.10</string>
<string>107.10</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1071100</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Darwin athoss-vmware-virtual-platform.local 9.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0: Tue Aug 11 12:57:32 AST 2009; Based on Voodoo :xnu-1228.15.4/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

This is what I get.

You still have the 10.5.5 version.

1. Download the 10.5.8 Seatbelt.kext using the link in my first post (Updated Today)

2. Unzip the file and drag Seatbelt.kext to your desktop

3. Open Terminal and type the following pressing enter after each line (The first cmd will require your password)

sudo -s
mkdir /backup
cd /System/Library
cp -r Extensions /backup
cp -r ~/Desktop/seatbelt.kext Extensions/seatbelt.kext
chmod -R 755 Extensions/
chown -R root:wheel Extensions/
touch Extensions/
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
diskutil repairpermissions /

4. Before you reboot check the version.plist again and it should say BuildVersion 78 and not 14.

6. Reboot and see how it goes.

You still have the 10.5.5 version.

1. Download the 10.5.8 Seatbelt.kext using the link in my first post (Updated Today)

2. Unzip the file and drag Seatbelt.kext to your desktop

3. Open Terminal and type the following pressing enter after each line (The first cmd will require your password)

sudo -s
mkdir /backup
cd /System/Library
cp -r Extensions /backup
cp -r ~/Desktop/seatbelt.kext Extensions/seatbelt.kext
chmod -R 755 Extensions/
chown -R root:wheel Extensions/
touch Extensions/
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
diskutil repairpermissions /

4. Before you reboot check the version.plist again and it should say BuildVersion 78 and not 14.

6. Reboot and see how it goes.

It worked!!

I had to delete manually the old seatbelt.kext because it wasn't replacing it.

Now it works perfectly!

Thank you very much!

Regards!

just an appreciation,( i still haven't tried your solution as i don'n have my aa1 with me, but i've downloaded the kext) the sort of crashes i've had while openin the dmgs are not like the ones shown by ATH0SRullz, instead they're like the ones shown here: Photo

That is a graphic version of a Kernel Panic which Apple started using back in 10.3

You can boot using the flag

debug=0x144

and it should display Kernel Panic Details

Lets verify some info first.

4. Open Terminal and type:

uname -a

and reply back with what it says.