• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

molesza

molesza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Has anybody been able to do a clean install of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on the P5N7A-VM with integrated graphics? I can install using "PCIRootUID=0" kernel flag easily! Sound is the only thing that does not work. When I run ##### and use ALC888 audio and reboot to hard drive using "PCIRootUID=0" flag again, MAC os loads up but I have a blank screen. I am sure it is at the login screen because when I press a key on keyboard I hear sounds coming from speaker.

cleric.retribution

cleric.retribution

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I was able to get mine running 10.8.2!*This required using an ATI PCI-e video card and disabling the onboard iGPU for the 10.7 -> 10.8 upgrade only*(Anything that loads the NVDA50HAL causes the blank screen issues)Requirements:

• Fair understanding of hackintosh process and debugging if things go {censored} up
  • Working 10.7.x installation with DSDT from ufdah or others in this thread that works w/ your BIOS revision
  • Non-nVidia pci-e video card for use during upgrade (I used an ATI Radeon HD 2400XT)
  • BIOS set to disable iGPU if external pci-e card in place

Upgrade Steps:

• ​MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MACHINE! This is an upgrade, but it may not go as planned, YMMV, IANAL, etc. I do not take responsibility if you nuke your machine / install!

• Shutdown, and attach your ###### install media to system, and install external pci-e video card
  • boot up attached to new video card and configure your BIOS to set your new boot device disable the iGPU if external pci-e in place. GPU settings found @

Advanced -> MCP7A Configuration -> iGPU and Ext-VGA Selection

• Reboot
  • You should be presented with the ###### bootloader at this point.
  • Enter the following arguments into the bootloader

-v debug=0x100 GraphicsEnabler=Y npci=0x2000

• This should let you boot into the mountain lion installer, and you can proceed to run through the normal ML install process, which will upgrade your existing install
  • When the upgrade completes, your machine will reboot to the ###### bootloader. This time, use the arrow keys to select the disk of your OS installation, and then enter the same arguments as in step 6
  • This should get you all the way to the setup screen for 10.8, which you can proceed through until you get to the desktop. See the post-upgrade steps for process of getting kexts, and updated to 10.8.2

Post-Upgrade Steps:

• Update Security Preferences in System Preferences -> Security to Allow applications downloaded from Anywhere (###### is not signed)
  • Open ######, and select the following:
    • Drivers & Bootloaders
      • Drivers
      • Miscellaneous
      • EvOreboot
      • FakeSMC
      • FakeSMC Plugins
    • Bootloaders
      • Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
  • Customization
    • Boot Options
      • GraphicsEnabler=No
      • Use KernelCache
    • System Definitions
      • Mac mini
    • Themes
      • Chameleon 2.0 Default

[*]Install, then before rebooting, ensure the npci flag is set in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

[font='courier new', ', courier, monospace} ']-v debug=0x100 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000[/font]
[*]If you have any Extensions sitting around in /Extra/Extensions, you'll need to remove them or migrate them to /System/Library/Extensions as necessary. The only one I've moved is the old AppleHDA patched for this motherboard.
[*]You may now use software update to install the latest updates, and you should have no issues.
[/list]That's my quick guide. If you have issues, post them up here, and I'll try to help out.

martin953

martin953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any options regarding IGPU in your post-upgrade steps. How it suppose to resolve black screen issue?
I've actually tried this on a fresh ML installation and still got black screen. Please, clarify.

cleric.retribution

cleric.retribution

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any options regarding IGPU in your post-upgrade steps. How it suppose to resolve black screen issue?
I've actually tried this on a fresh ML installation and still got black screen. Please, clarify.

post-upgrade, when you remove your pci-e video card, the motherboard defaults back to iGPU w/ auto-select of RAM size

Oddly GraphicsEnabler=No with latest Chimera from ###### is what is allowing this to boot for me.

martin953

martin953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
My bad. Totally missed the DSDT part :blush: . The key to the Black Screen problem is a simple DSDT fix and if I wasn't that lazy I've read the previous page of this topic earlier. I was using dgsga's modded BIOS all these years and had forgot that there may be some problems with it. I took DSDT from this post (thanks chris_rock) and all worked like a charm!
On a side note: you do not need any of unwelcomed in this forum fancy "beast" tools to get this board up&running. Just standard vanilla install, Chameleon boot loader, before mentioned DSDT and GraphicEnabler=No option in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

oiasdas

oiasdas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
So has anyone gotten sleep to work with Mountain Lion and this motherboard? I have everything else working perfectly, but getting it to sleep is driving me nuts. Whenever I manually select sleep it shuts off the monitor and the hard drives, but fans keep going at full speed and I have to hard reset the computer to get it back to life.

chach17

chach17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Fair understanding of hackintosh process and debugging if things go {censored} up
  • Working 10.7.x installation with DSDT from ufdah or others in this thread that works w/ your BIOS revision
  • Uni BeastML installer prepped onto media of choice (USB, HDD, etc -- I put Uni BeastML on an SSD for quick installs)
  • Non-nVidia pci-e video card for use during upgrade (I used an ATI Radeon HD 2400XT)
  • BIOS set to disable iGPU if external pci-e card in place

Thanks Cleric. Can you tell me what BIOS version you have and whether or not it is modded?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

I'm doing a Clone of another MCP79a chipset.. where I successfully set up a Mountain Lion with internal Geforce 9300 GPU here http://www.insanelym...-795/?p=1142695

and where I've sleep and wake perfect.

I don't wnat to walk the standard path of a setup from scratch.. because it so long.. and boring. And I see your posts.. there' a lot of changes.

I prefer to clone and apply that DSDT. So I've few days before vacation.. it's a good time to stay in the basement..

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

Ok here you are ML 10.8.2 99% mac up and running

(audio not yet)

important are:

Extra folder: use exactly boot.plist and smbios.plist 

This is NOT mac mini! look to official Apple Store and compare our HW to those.

With my attachment you can SLEEP AND WAKE

this has SSDT and DSDT table modded as standard .. with the good setup to have sleep

S/L/E folder: leave Original invidia kext but ADD mine. You have QE/CI full video with internal CARD. Also the rtc/AICPM fixed for our Mobo.

but ALSO appleintel GPU powermanagement to use well the internal GPU

I left my boot (root folder) binary.. because I tested recend enoch boot.. but those fails!

ATTENTION:

LOOK inside EXTRA/MODULES :

NEVER USE ALL THE MODULES.. use mine or leave exactly what I PUT and remove others.. otherwise -> KP or reboot

bye

nice vacations

ugo

Attached Files

bobisdead

bobisdead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Hello,

Did anyone tried maverick yet?

Thks

John

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hi,

Installing Mavericks is fairly easy. First create a forbidden usb installation key of the uni kind and put chris_rocks DSDT into the Extra folder.

Boot from this - be patient, the installer takes ages to load. Then install as normal.

I am still booting from the usb key while I try to figure out which kexts, extensions, etc are required. One piece of good news, sleep seems to work ootb.

Any help getting this fully working is appreciated - I am just a midget standing on the shoulders of giants,

NWJ

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Well, that was fairly easy.

Following installation as above, ran Multibeast6 selecting User DSDT (thanks again chris_rocks) EvOreboot, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (probably not needed). Let it do its thing, reboot to the Installer, run the Boot0: error fix, restart and it all seems to work (except Audio - next challenge).

So Mavericks on this board - easy !

NWJ

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Attached File  DSDT_AppleHDA.zip   1.03MB   21 downloads

Finally got sound working by following this guide.

I attach the modified DSDT and the required kext in case it might prove useful to someone.

NWJ

PS updated to 10.9.1 with no problem ! (remember to reapply the appleHDA kext.)

chach17

chach17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Let it do its thing, reboot to the Installer, run the Boot0: error fix, restart and it all seems to work (except Audio - next challenge).

Thanks for all the hard work.  I'm looking to install Mavericks on my board as well.  I'm not sure I am clear on the Boot0 error fix.  Can you explain what that error is and what exactly you did to resolve it (other than indicating you booted back into the installer)?

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Google is your friend .....

Problem occurs (if it's going to) when you first try to boot from your new OSx installation, but is all explained here

Good Luck

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

nowhinjing, I'd like to thank you for your effort in typing how to install mavericks on this board. With your attached files it is indeed really easy. I have 2 harddrives in this build and one drive is now running mavericks very smoothly. I just have one issue before I make mavericks my main OS (now running 10.6.8 as my main) and that is that I can't use 2 screens at a time. When I connect another screen to the dvi port in this board mavericks won't boot. I try to figure out what I did different on 10.6.8 but it's out of my knowledge. Perhaps someone else has some ideas on this? I followed this guide for 10.6.8  ( http://coderazzi.net...7a-vm/index.htm )

aphex6b

aphex6b

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

i only tested DP + HDMi yet but that works fine (10.9.2) too bad the DP out does not seem to support audio, anyone knows what to use for monitoring clocks of the geforce 9300? Tried some older FakeSMC plugins but i have not yet gotten it to work, however AGPM seems to load fine and so does CUDA, is it normal for this board to use the nvidia.classic.NVDANV50HalTesla  drivers? Because i can no longer remember if it was like that in 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8  edit: Also suprised to see sleep fully working.. this is without any kext like sleepenabler. This board is gonna make a great HTPC / Media server now.

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Did anyone by chance succeeded in getting messages to work? I tried every solution that I found (except with clover boot loader because I didn't get it too boot with clover) without succes.

nowhinjing

nowhinjing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

10.9.2 updated OK - remember to re-apply audio kext

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy