• Please log in to reply
1257 replies to this topic

chach

chach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yeah, I have a crystal clear picture even when kernel panic occurs. How can I see the console in that situation??

Simple, reboot and then open Console.app. Read through the system logs up until your kernel panic.

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

(and my q6600 is still only showing 2 cores :) )

my dsdt only has set for 2 cpus :

add in these the the dsdt and u be set :

Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}
Processor (CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

-D-

anitanium

anitanium

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

my dsdt only has set for 2 cpus :

add in these the the dsdt and u be set :

Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}
Processor (CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000000, 0x00) {}

-D-

thanks a lot Diabolik!
now it's showing 4 cores in sys profile and activity monitor

now if only i could solve a problem like video

*UPDATE*
I found out that the Geforce.kext was causing all the problems.
I modified the info.plist to include my devID for the 7800
also set NVDANV40HAL.kext and NVDAResman.kext with the devID
installed NVDarwin (NVinject)
hardware acceleration is now enabled!!
i wanted to get it working with nvkush, but for now this will work for now

now i'll try it without the 7800GT and see if it still works

martin15s

martin15s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
For the sound problems when you install the P45 "fix" have you first done this -

"First remove AppleHDA.kext, ALCinject.kext and Azaliaaudio.kext that are there in the extention folder and then install the driver."

Lokoh

Lokoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Simple, reboot and then open Console.app. Read through the system logs up until your kernel panic.

OK, I'll try later to see what happen. I really don't know if my system crash on the long run with 4 GB, but memtest for sure crash it. Did you tried memtest on your system to see what happen, Diabolik? Maybe it's just a problem with that app and nothing happens with normal use.

the only fix for sound i've found is using azalia kext and adding the devID to the list
it works, but only 2ch
but better than no sound

Lokoh,
and i have no idea why NVkush or anything else doesn't work on my system
maybe you can tell me your bios settings for the igpu
i upgraded to the 407 bios too

I see that you've resolved your problem with NVDarwin, but anyway in a matter of seconds I'll show you my iGPU config in the bios so you can compare.
-------
Edit: My MCP7A Chipset Configuration
Hybrid SLI support: Disabled
Primary Graphics Adapter: PCIE VGA Card Firs
iGPU and Ext-VGA Selection: Disable iGPU if Ex
iGPU Frame Buffer Detect: Auto
iGPU Frame Buffer Size: 256 MB
By the way, I'm only running with integrated 9300 graphics.
-------
Please, could you upload your sound kexts so I can try if it work on my mobo aswell? And what should I delete when install it?

For the sound problems when you install the P45 "fix" have you first done this -

"First remove AppleHDA.kext, ALCinject.kext and Azaliaaudio.kext that are there in the extention folder and then install the driver."

Yes, I did. I think that problem is p45audio don't have the device id of Asus Board ALC1200 in the Kext and that's why don't recognise.

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hi,
I like to buy one of these mobo's.
Gigabyte or Asus.
The Gigabyte has the RAM und sleep issue's.
The Asus seems to be ok.
So, it look's like DiaboliK has everything up and running, even sleep and sound.
DiaboliK could you please so kind and give us a hint?

Thanks for all the time you spend on this.

Lokoh

Lokoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
From my experience, Asus will give you less problems, except for audio. I can't get audio working, neither two channels or optical sound.
Gigabyte will give you sleep problems and memory corruption with more than 2 GB, but you install sound in a matter of seconds.

So it's seem that there're no perfect option right now.

Signal64 and Diabolik got audio working in Asus as anitanium, but I don't know if simple 2 channels or optical sound aswell.

If I could get working optical audio in Asus, it would be my perfect mobo...

2006C6

2006C6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
can anyone tell me what your BIOS settings are? what options you have chosen for the base install....thanks!

martin15s

martin15s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Sound problems - just found this file in another thread - claims to give 5.1 sound - anyone want to try it (do not have this board yet - soon!!!)Attached File  AppleHDA_alc888s_3lineout.kext.zip   317.88KB   90 downloads

2006C6

2006C6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Help B) Ok so maybe my eyes are going and I missed something.... I got the unibody 10.5.5 restore installed - installed bootloader, Dsdt on root, reboot to new drive and get Couldnt get HPET panic - I know it is something simple I'm missing - to much reading :D

king2178

king2178

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Figured it out - 9.4.0 kernel, ACPI fix, CPUS=1 fix, boot in -f mode. About to try installing of restore disk :D

Hi
I have iDeneb booted and installed with selections as yours, booted in -f mode, see the Apple logo and the progress spinner for 15 sec. then come to full stop. Is there anything I am missing? Any advice will be appreciated.
P5N7A-VM, E2180, 2 GB RAM and I use an old IDE hard drive.
Thanks!

Lokoh

Lokoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Sound problems - just found this file in another thread - claims to give 5.1 sound - anyone want to try it (do not have this board yet - soon!!!)Attached File  AppleHDA_alc888s_3lineout.kext.zip   317.88KB   90 downloads

OMG :D I'm going to try it right now!!!! Crossing my fingers...

Help :D Ok so maybe my eyes are going and I missed something.... I got the unibody 10.5.5 restore installed - installed bootloader, Dsdt on root, reboot to new drive and get Couldnt get HPET panic - I know it is something simple I'm missing - to much reading :D

Did you installed Diabolik or Signal64 DSDT??
Asus --> Diabolik's DSDT
Gigabyte --> Signal64.

Maybe that's the thing you're doing wrong.

2006C6

2006C6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
thanks for the reply - I used Diabolik's - All I should have to do is the following right?

Install working OSX from iDeneb on HD 1
Once installed make HD 2 Bootable with Chameleon or PC EFIV9
Install OSX from MBP unibody restore on HD 2
Place Diabolik's DSDT in HD 2's root folder
reboot to HD 2

am I missing something??

King 2178 - The boot is really weird - I tried -f and it worked the first time. I then tried to boot again and it wouldn't. Alternated using cpus=1, -v, etc. Sometimes it would freeze but then it would boot.

Did you installed Diabolik or Signal64 DSDT??
Asus --> Diabolik's DSDT
Gigabyte --> Signal64.

Maybe that's the thing you're doing wrong.
[/quote]

Lokoh

Lokoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
No luck with your last driver, martin15s :D. Does it only include AppleHDA.kext ???

By the way, anitanium or someone with working audio (yet basis) in Asus, please upload your kexts :D

king2178

king2178

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi

Got iDeneb booted and installed with selections JMicron, 9.4.0, both ACPI and CPUS=1 fix, booted in safe mode (-x). Can't boot in -f as 2006C6 says though.

Mobo P5N7A-VM, E2180, 2 GB Crucial RAM and I use an old IDE hard drive. Gone through set up etc. comes the iDeneb desktop.

Thanks to iDeneb, everyone in this forum, special thanks to 2006C6 and anitarium both hinted me to the right direction.

Now I have it running on safe mode, could I start from here to figure out LAN, sound, etc.? Any hints/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lokoh

Lokoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

thanks for the reply - I used Diabolik's - All I should have to do is the following right?

Install working OSX from iDeneb on HD 1
Once installed make HD 2 Bootable with Chameleon or PC EFIV9
Install OSX from MBP unibody restore on HD 2
Place Diabolik's DSDT in HD 2's root folder
reboot to HD 2

am I missing something??

I would do step three before two, but I don't know if it change final result.

What really matters is that you're forgiving to add: dsmos, disabler and applesmbios.

I recommend you to download Universal OSx86 Installer, and apply to the HD 2 the OSx86 essential package.

For the future, your install method could be once you boot in HD 1:
1) Install OS X to HD2 from unibody disk
2) with Universal OSx86 Installer: apply OSx86 essential package, EFIv9, boot delay of X seconds and you're done.

Hi

Got iDeneb booted and installed with selections JMicron, 9.4.0, both ACPI and CPUS=1 fix, booted in safe mode (-x). Can't boot in -f as 2006C6 says though.

Mobo P5N7A-VM, E2180, 2 GB Crucial RAM and I use an old IDE hard drive. Gone through set up etc. comes the iDeneb desktop.

Thanks to iDeneb, everyone in this forum, special thanks to 2006C6 and anitarium both hinted me to the right direction.

Now I have it running on safe mode, could I start from here to figure out LAN, sound, etc.? Any hints/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, now that you're running OS X at least in safe mode, you need to:
1) Get Macbook Unibody restore DVD (search the net for a 'NoPE' release)
2) Install it to another drive from your working iDeneb install.
3) Install EFIv9, a disabler, a decrypter and AppleSMBios in the new drive (all can be done with Universal OSx86 Installer with easy).

2006C6

2006C6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I knew it was probably something I was missing :P trying now - thank you!

What really matters is that you're forgiving to add: dsmos, disabler and applesmbios.

I recommend you to download Universal OSx86 Installer, and apply to the HD 2 the OSx86 essential package.

2) with Universal OSx86 Installer: apply OSx86 essential package, EFIv9, boot delay of X seconds and you're done.

3) Install EFIv9, a disabler, a decrypter and AppleSMBios in the new drive (all can be done with Universal OSx86 Installer with easy).

2006C6

2006C6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
up and running :censored2: :) thank you very much Lokoh

anitanium

anitanium

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
i've uploaded my audio kext
remove any ALCinject and related kext
it should recognize immediately after a restart

also, my bios settings is
Front Panel: HD Audio
and SPDIF output if that makes a difference

i'm going to test the 9300 iGPU later tonight to see if i solved it

Attached Files

king2178

king2178

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thanks Lokoh!
1) download NoPE underway.
2) I haven't decided which way... a 2nd SATA drive or USB drive (then reconnect it to the mobo). Do you see any issues on the latter? Its a bit tricky to work on it w/o a LAN on the first install.
3) can you explain a bit more on the disabler and decrypter? I am a 4 week old newbie to these :-)

2006C6: same here about the booting with -f, anyway I thought I got progress so I'm not too worried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy