• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

thepraxXx

thepraxXx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Thanks, I cant believe there is a typo in original Apple vanilla plist. I just copy and paste the generic ahci, I think it still works with that mistake or maybe not? I remember seeing some generic AHCI controller but not sure if it was with this version. I guess its better to fix it right?

I did a little google searching and it seems there is many more south bridges that declare to be AHCI-compliant nowadays, here its the list I could compile from various sources (mainly linux drivers):

- NVIDIA: MCP65 (nForce 560?), MCP67 (nForce 610/630a?), MCP73 (nForce 610i/630i), MCP77, MCP79, MCP7B [not sure awhat are the right nForce names for the MCP code-names...]
- AMD: SB600, SB700, SB750, SB800
- VIA: VT8251
- SIS: 966, 968
- ULI: M1573, M1575, M1697, M5288
- MARVELL: 88SE6121, 88SE6145
- PROMISE: PDC42819
Also some Silicon Image SteelVine series support AHCI but not sure which chipsets are...

It could be interesting to test if any of this chipsets work with the ahci driver supplied by Apple. I've read some of them have various quirks that prevents them to work with a pure ahci driver (in Linux) without patches but others seem to be pretty standard, nobody tried to run any of those in AHCI or RAID mode with the AppleAHCIport? If they work with the AHCI driver it should be much better than using AppleViaATA or similar things.
Best candidates could be the nForce chipsets as the vanilla driver already supports MCP79...
If we find out some of those work without troubles or data corruption we could add the ids to the AHCI driver.

My Mainboard : MSI MCP73/Nforce610i
I have AHCI in my BIOS configurated. My Mainboard didn't use the NforceATA or VIAATA. He use the AppleAHCIPort.

Look here from my System.log :

Aug 21 12:37:23 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/ATA0@E/AppleAHCI/PRT3@3/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD2500JD-00HBB0 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

In "About this Mac" under Serial-ATA it says: Unknown AHCI Standard Controller

So how could I change this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I get this F*** message on boot :
kextd[10]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols
configd[44]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce

So with this it boots up in 5 minutes.

thepraxXx

regards

thepraxXx

thepraxXx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
So I fix the message with IOkitwaitquiet... :

I Installed iDeneb 10.5.5 and then it stuck at:

Mac framework successfully initialized
Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

I installed then from the iAtkos 5i DVD the "APIC Driver". And so the problem was solved.
I Don't test in iDeneb DVD the ACPI Fix.

Then He needed the AppleAHCIPort.kext and I install this again from the iAtkos DVD:
"IntelAHCISata".

And then he booted very quick up.And I get no error like IOKitWaitQuiet..^^ :P

Sorry for my English.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

So I fix the message with IOkitwaitquiet... :

I Installed iDeneb 10.5.5 and then it stuck at:

Mac framework successfully initialized
Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

I installed then from the iAtkos 5i DVD the "APIC Driver". And so the problem was solved.
I Don't test in iDeneb DVD the ACPI Fix.

Then He needed the AppleAHCIPort.kext and I install this again from the iAtkos DVD:
"IntelAHCISata".

And then he booted very quick up.And I get no error like IOKitWaitQuiet..^^ :P

Sorry for my English.

Glad you got it working.......even though it is unusual to have to mix kexts from two distros..... :P

thepraxXx

thepraxXx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Yes and I am so happy. No more long wait ;)
I think the error with IOKitWaitQuiet and long wait comes because the Leopard Build or the Distro.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

Yes and I am so happy. No more long wait ;)
I think the error with IOKitWaitQuiet and long wait comes because the Leopard Build or the Distro.

You should check here.....

BTW I have mentioned your success with AppleAHCIPort.kext and IntelAHCISata.kext in my Pre-Series 7 thread to help those with 610i and 630i MOBOs....... :P

thepraxXx

thepraxXx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Yes I know this IOATAFamily.kext but it don't help me^^

Kuebeker

Kuebeker

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hi thorazine74,

I have the same controllers as you,ICH9R & JMB363, on my P5K Premium WiFi/AP.

I read and reread your post and I am aware of the files you made but I can't figure out what you used and where.
And what do you use to inject those plist kexts? Chameleon?

The main problem I am trying to fix is with IDE drives.
I also think that my external esata ports will read but will not let me eject.
The system is unstable when hight demands are asked of it. Disk Utility can't format or repair a single IDE drive.

I have 10.5.8 on an internal sata drive. When only SATA drives are used the system is 100% rock solid.
I also have 4gm of ram.

Last question, what is the application you are using in the 2nd picture?

Thanks' in advance for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy