[How To] Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7)

M J

925 posts in this topic

I have the solution for your Network lurscher wait i post it! It works for me!

Hi, thanks for the entusiasm Mad_noob :) , but i already have the 2 lan ports working without problem, the issue is that the LegacyYukonThingie2 that posted M J didn't worked for me, but some other which i mentioned 8 posts ago, so we were discussing what might be the reason for some people the same kext will work and not for others :)

also, follow the posts on my sig to configure nvidia cards with qe/ci

update:

for getting HD Audio, i think it's worth giving this thing a try: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127819

i'm going to try it possibly this week when i have ubuntu installed and can get the codec dumps to work with

but, maybe this is not the right thread for this, so if i find out something, i'll post to this thread specific to the ADI ad2000b http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=115246

cheers mates :)

MJ how did you create the mkext for the slim boot? i want to add in the pata driver for the marvell controller to see if i can install from an ide dvd rom instead of my sata drive. i created one using mkextool but the size of the new mkext is 100k smaller with 2 extra kext then your Extensions.mkext.

MJ how did you create the mkext for the slim boot? i want to add in the pata driver for the marvell controller to see if i can install from an ide dvd rom instead of my sata drive. i created one using mkextool but the size of the new mkext is 100k smaller with 2 extra kext then your Extensions.mkext.

It will be nice if you do that man!

@lurscher ok i see it later that your network was setup! My way to setup lan ports is different (or not) i've only edit the AppleYukon2.kext in that IONetworkingFamily.kext by replacing some ID (0x000000 e g) and some devices name with <key>... And at reboot my lan were working fine! 2 ports detected!

I will follow the guide.

I didn't create the mkext, I think Frankenst1 did it using maybe slimbuild. The actual iso is his. The old ones that I made where built with superhai's method. So tell us if you manage to get pata support!

@Mad_noob: i followed this guide and it went smoothly. And to edit your boot.plist, remove any personal file you have in /Volumes/EFI, as that folder will "receive" the mounted EFI partition. Just follow what sensite wrote!

-EDIT-

What you did for your network is totally correct, but it's not update-safe. If you will run automatic updates in the future your AppleYukon2.kext might get overwritten and you would have to edit the plist again. Nothing bad about it, just so that you know what could happen.

I didn't create the mkext, I think Frankenst1 did it using maybe slimbuild. The actual iso is his. The old ones that I made where built with superhai's method. So tell us if you manage to get pata support!

@Mad_noob: i followed this guide and it went smoothly. And to edit your boot.plist, remove any personal file you have in /Volumes/EFI, as that folder will "receive" the mounted EFI partition. Just follow what sensite wrote!

-EDIT-

What you did for your network is totally correct, but it's not update-safe. If you will run automatic updates in the future your AppleYukon2.kext might get overwritten and you would have to edit the plist again. Nothing bad about it, just so that you know what could happen.

What can i do to install sound, fully graphic support, lan and that is update-safe? Because i really want to know how! I find lurscher's methode to get QE/CI hard, i did not understand all...

And yesterday i've doing some {censored} with my install, i were repairing permissions with OSX86 tools and at reboot, i type -v -f and the PC hangs on at Error with firewire about 2min then it reboots...

I returned to vista cuz it holds me to much time to make a new install... :D

thanks, I solved my ACPI Platform problem, it was my mistake, i forgot to press [ESC] and select the other hard disk/CD

now i have something other, it must be a stupid error. but i can't find out from what it comes.

I installed everything, and at reboot, it loads all extensions and ... reboots.

after some seeking i saw this at the darwin prompt :

hd(0,2) Leo

It should be hd(0,1) EFI ? no ?

so i tried this line : hd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk0s2

but this hangs at "warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X" and after 30 minutes it reboots

I already tried to go into single user mode and reapply the boot sectors, and to mark the EFI partition active. with no more success.

so if you know somethig about this. it would be very useful to me.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm from switzerland...

thanks, I solved my ACPI Platform problem, it was my mistake, i forgot to press [ESC] and select the other hard disk/CD

now i have something other, it must be a stupid error. but i can't find out from what it comes.

I installed everything, and at reboot, it loads all extensions and ... reboots.

after some seeking i saw this at the darwin prompt :

hd(0,2) Leo

It should be hd(0,1) EFI ? no ?

so i tried this line : hd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk0s2

but this hangs at "warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X" and after 30 minutes it reboots

I already tried to go into single user mode and reapply the boot sectors, and to mark the EFI partition active. with no more success.

so if you know somethig about this. it would be very useful to me.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm from switzerland...

Tu parle français alors si tu es de suisse! Non?

Tu parle français alors si tu es de suisse! Non?

Exactement. ^^ Bien qu'en suisse tu as 2 chances sur 10 de tomber sur quelqu'un qui parle français et 8 sur 10 sur quelqu'un qui parle allemand.

Mais ne nous écartons pas du sujet. ^^

Exactement. ^^ Bien qu'en suisse tu as 2 chances sur 10 de tomber sur quelqu'un qui parle français et 8 sur 10 sur quelqu'un qui parle allemand.

Mais ne nous écartons pas du sujet. ^^

^^ J'ai de la famille en Suisse à Bienne plus vers frontière Allemande!

Normalement la ligne de commande que tu as entrée est ok, et doit te permettre de booter sans encombre sur ton install toute fraiche de leo...

Ensuite là tu dois le premier du topic à avoir ce genre d'erreur, pour ma première fois j'ai bien faire 3 installs différentes + une ou tout étais bon histoire de corriger les différents bugs. Sinon quand tu y est arrivé tu verras c'est géniale!

Make sure you entrered the correct settings in your mobo bios ^^

I'm trying to use similar methods to install IPC OSx86 onto my P6T Deluxe with core i7 920...

At first I was getting white apple screen and instant reboot.. Now with the Boot 123 iso, I get further..

I am stuck at the Still waiting for root device though.. I'm using disk1s2 but think this is probably incorrect.

I have a Perc 6/i split into 2 partions, 1 has windows 7 on it, and the other is unallocated space at the moment. I also have a SATA II drive, and 2 x DVD drives. How do I figure out the correct disk(n)s2 setting?!

Cheers :-)

Is it possible to add networking to the boot? I'm trying to install server using this method and it seems it fails because of the lack of network hardware. Or should I simply try to plug in some NIC that is supported out of the box? Any recommendations on the model, please? Thank you in advance.

Yeah, I already did that..

I used rd(0,1)mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk1s2

I can remember that line now, I've typed it so many times!

I now have a retail disk of Leopard from work, so I'll give it a go with that following the thread and see how I get on! I've also got another sata drive to install to try it on.

I'm determined to sort this!

Hey guy's i've made iso from my friends original DVD of mac... are interested in it? Cuz if it possible to upload it in a torrent file and will give you the torrent link in a privat message only if it allowed cuz i konw it forbidden in a public message...

Is it possible to add networking to the boot? I'm trying to install server using this method and it seems it fails because of the lack of network hardware. Or should I simply try to plug in some NIC that is supported out of the box? Any recommendations on the model, please? Thank you in advance.

i don't know, try creating a slimbuild boot disc the same as the one from Frankest1, but also add the AppleYukon kext thingie. Google insanelymac for the slimbuild method. Let us know your results :(

pffff, now i have another one ...

this time, it seems to boot correctly, but veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly. (about 40 minutes)

and it tries to start the loginwindow. and the i get a kernel panic: panic(cpu 7 caller 0x00192EEA): "pmap_flush_tlbs() timeout: " "cpu(s) failing to respond to interrupts, pmap0x64f500 cpus_to_respond=0xc

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: SecurityAgent

please heeeelp, i'm becoming mad of these problems ^^

Just a clarification if you wouldn't mind MJ.- If I use the iDeneb disc instead of the retail, do I still need to follow the directions you listed. Also any of the other discs work just as well, like iAKTOS, KalyWay? Has anybody tried the install with any of those discs on an i7 x58 platform? I checked the threads on all, but doesn't seem like anyone has tried.

iDeneb v1.3 works out-of-box, tried it and worked great. But for sure it won't work following this guide :angry:

As for the network setup, put the whole patched (with modified AppleYukon2 plist) IONetworkingFamily.kext int the boot-132 disc and give it a try.

Psykix, if you have Windows it means you have MBR, and Leopard doesn't like it at all! I suggest installing it on a clean drive.

For the pmap kernel panic, try booting with -legacy at the darwin prompt.

Psykix, if you have Windows it means you have MBR, and Leopard doesn't like it at all! I suggest installing it on a clean drive.

I've heard legends that in theory, even if the installer won't install on a mbr partition, you could clone a gpt partition upon which leopard has been installed, and restore it onto a mbr partition, and it would boot.

I've heard legends that in theory, even if the installer won't install on a mbr partition, you could clone a gpt partition upon which leopard has been installed, and restore it onto a mbr partition, and it would boot.

GUID partition is better for MAC!

EDIT:

Hey guy's!

Is this possible if i put the kexts attached at the bottom of the tutorial in the slim built preboot cd to have sound, lan, and maybe graphic support? I'm wiaitng for new if anybody succed in ata support!

Well! I can report significant progress!

I now have Leopard installed and working... I haven't yet got rid of the Darwin bootloader..

I hit some problems because the original Leo DVD that I had was an upgrade disk, but with a bit of googling, I managed to install from it.

So.. I now have to do...

Install drivers for 8800GTX - what's the best way of doing this? I searched the forum and was bewildered...

Get LAN working - have no Internet at the moment...

Get Sound working - didn't get that far!

I installed 10.5.6 combo update.

And lastly... I need to re-enable my Windows 7 drives (on my Perc 6/i)...

How do I then Dual boot?

A huge huge thanks to M J for the guide.. I've spent 3 days on this now, and at last I have a sense of achievement!!

I think it is now just a case of rounding off the edges!

Cheers..

Just to make it clear...

I have Windows 7 installed on a RAID 0 array on my PERC 6/i.

I installed Leopard on a separate SATA drive. I only have the 2 drives..

After all the work to get it running I'm scared stiff of knackering it up!

Cheers..