[How To] Intel DG35EC Guide

slipttees

204 posts in this topic

yes, use boot-132 from first post, set hdd sata0 dvd sata1, upgrade u bios #0107 necessary windows XP from easely...

waiting news

later

Hey Slipttees,

First of thnx a lot for the reply...

So all i need to do is use ur boot 132.iso (which ive downloaded from ur first post)?

I'll try to use it to boot. I just some how want to get to installation screen. i'll also make sure to change my BIOS settings to those u have mentioned in ur first post.

But can u pls explain me why was this happening? i mean never endin Boot to Hexadecimal Value loop without showin up Retail DVD or Installation screen?

Sorry but just curious to know so that if someone faces the same problem wanned to help them too.... You know it was hell of a experience when i didnt get any help.

Hope you understand... And will post the result's this weekend after using the Boot 132 u made for DG35EC...

Cheers!

Hey Slipttees,

First of Thankyou so much... :P

Finally i managed to install Retail Leopard 10.5.6 on my PC. All credit goes to your wonderful Retail DVD Upload & Boot 132 that you've made for DG35EC Mobo's.

I didn't had any problems starting the Installation till Finishing it. :P

But couple of Problems here Restart, Shutdown Do NOT work. (I dont use sleep however)

And "Intel82566MM.kext" says it was not install properly install again or contact Vendor. No matter how many times i copy tht from Boot 132 CD (mounting Ktexts.img) to Extensions folder. (System/Library)

And Now comes the Chameleon EFI (I tried both OS X Installer & Chameleon EFI) they both installs properly. But when i Restart (i still need Boot 132 CD to boot to Leopard) (Here i have to press "Restart" button since my Restart n Shutdown are not working.)

I haven't checked with Audio Yet. And I Believe Intel82566MM.Ktext belongs to Network.

So now i have a Clean Retail Leopard Installed with Above issues.

Can you please guide me....

Once again thanks for all the solutions...

You Rock... :wacko:

Updt: Also I use NVidia 8400 GS 512MB. I connect my Monitor (LG 42inches 1080P) with HDMI to DVI cable. is there any driver tht supports my card/Resolution? I tried using UInstaller by PCWiz but not sure.

Also where can i find Azallia (For Audio)

yes, use boot-132 from first post, set hdd sata0 dvd sata1, upgrade u bios #0107 necessary windows XP from easely...

waiting news

later

"But couple of Problems here Restart, Shutdown Do NOT work. (I dont use sleep however)"

Try OpenHaltRestart.kext

"Intel82566MM.kext says it was not install properly install again or contact Vendor. No matter how many times i copy tht from Boot 132 CD (mounting Ktexts.img) to Extensions folder. (System/Library)"

Try new Intel82566MM.kext

"Also I use NVidia 8400 GS 512MB. I connect my Monitor (LG 42inches 1080P) with HDMI to DVI cable. is there any driver tht supports my card/Resolution? I tried using UInstaller by PCWiz but not sure."

Try EFIstring work Fully all resolutions.

"Also where can i find Azallia (For Audio)"

Try get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Please, replace this kext and remove AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/

;-) i'm wait reply!

later

Hey Slipttees,

Thanks for the Helpful Response... Will try all of them.

But can u pls provide me how to solve the Boot problem without using Boot 132 CD Everytime?

As i requested/Mentioned in my previous post. No matter how many times i install Chameleon from OSX Tools or Chameleon EFI m not able to get it to work....

Help is Highly Appreciated.

Thnx in Advance... :wacko:

"But couple of Problems here Restart, Shutdown Do NOT work. (I dont use sleep however)"

Try OpenHaltRestart.kext

"Intel82566MM.kext says it was not install properly install again or contact Vendor. No matter how many times i copy tht from Boot 132 CD (mounting Ktexts.img) to Extensions folder. (System/Library)"

Try new Intel82566MM.kext

"Also I use NVidia 8400 GS 512MB. I connect my Monitor (LG 42inches 1080P) with HDMI to DVI cable. is there any driver tht supports my card/Resolution? I tried using UInstaller by PCWiz but not sure."

Try EFIstring work Fully all resolutions.

"Also where can i find Azallia (For Audio)"

Try get AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Please, replace this kext and remove AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/

;-) i'm wait reply!

later

i m install chameleon several times, to work from me =-s, maybe ur need new EFI 9/chameleon 1.0.12

try use OSx86tools install chemelon or chameleon installer than

soory my poor english bro

Good Luck!

Hey Slipttees,

Thanks for the Helpful Response... Will try all of them.

But can u pls provide me how to solve the Boot problem without using Boot 132 CD Everytime?

As i requested/Mentioned in my previous post. No matter how many times i install Chameleon from OSX Tools or Chameleon EFI m not able to get it to work....

Help is Highly Appreciated.

Thnx in Advance... ;)

I'm working with Intel DG35EC

I't got me almost crazy... lot of installs but think now it works.

My system:

Mobo Intel DG35EC

CPU Intel core 2 Duo 3GHZ E8400

4 GB ddr2 800Mhz SDRAM

EVGA nvidia 8500gt 512 mb

HDD Maxtor 500GB SATA

DVD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F (works like superdrive)

Mouse and Keyboard USB

Flat Panel Syncmaster 2243LNX Samsung 22"

Installed:

xXx 10.5.6 Final Install (released few days ago)

Anv Kernel 9.6.0

-cpumdisabler

-disabler

-biosenabler

-resolver

-open halt restart by psystar

-hardcoded bios Mac Pro

Audio: AppleAzaliaAudio (neither of the 888 sound plugins work), means no microphone

Network: intel8256mm (does not recognized if sleep)

For my video card I used NVINJECT 0.21 521 mb (full working)

That's all.

It works.

UPDATE:

Hey Slipttees :) ,

Voila...! i finally have 100% working Mac. All working including Network (Intel 82566MM.Kext)

And Audio (AzaliaAudio.pkg) though there's a little glitch in begining with Audio still rocks.

Many thanks to kext Helper which fixed all error with Network & Audio kext files in extensions.

Finally i still couldn't fix Chameleon but do not want to mess with rest of the workin Mac so jus using USB flash drive to boot from boot 132 image. I have no complaints.

Thanks to you who Helped/Guided all the till successful Vanila Install....

Cheers dude... :)

i m install chameleon several times, to work from me =-s, maybe ur need new EFI 9/chameleon 1.0.12

try use OSx86tools install chemelon or chameleon installer than

soory my poor english bro

Good Luck!

Hey Slipttees,

Just wanned to knw if you have any idea why i Chameleon or PC EFI are not working on my PC?

I tried new version of Chameleon and even PC EFI v9 no luck....

And what is DSDT Patch for? Does it have to do anything with Chameleon patch? (Srry for Bein noob here)

And any idea when is Newer version of Chameleon is goin to be released? with that cool GUI interface?

Thanx... waiting for your reply... :)

yeah, good job :-)

Hi Slipttees,

I have a lil problem here. My System Profiler (in About this Mac... More Info)

It Model Name as "Mac" And Model Identifier as BLANK. And when i take the GeekBench Test it shows my machine as "Hackintosh".

i Installed a Retail Copy of Leopard. Everything is working fine. Except the info which shows on System Profiler.

Can u pls help me? I want it to show as "Mac Pro" and also as Mac Pro in Geekbench instead AS "HACKINTOSH"

Thnx in Advance.... ;)

yeah, good job :-)

Update 1/7/2009

Intel Board DG35EC Guide

First, we need to prepare the ground.

Get and update with last Bios there

Get DG35EC made me :-) there

OSX86Tools 1.0 Final: there Thx Jedi PCWiz

Chameleon 1.0.11 Installer: there Thx All Chameleon's

Bios Setting:

Main:
 Advanced:
		 Peripheral Configuration:
					Audio: Enable
						 High Definition Front Panel Audio:  Enable
					On-Board LAN: Enable
					Onboard 1394: Enable
		 Drive Configuration:
					ATA/IDE Mode: Native
					Configure SATA as: AHCI
					Smart: Enable
					Hard Disk Pre-Delay: No
		 Floppy Configuration:
					Diskette Controller: Disable
		 Chipset Configuration:
					PCI Latency Timer: 32
					HPET: Enable
		 USB Configuration:
					Usb Ports: Enable
					Usb Legacy: Enable
Security:
		  XD: Enable
		  VT: Enable
Power:
		  EIST: Enable
		  ACPI: S3 State
 Boot:
		  Boot Configuration: Advanced
			  Boot to removable device: Disable
			  Boot to Network: Disable
			  Usb Boot: Disable
			  Boot usb Device first: Disable
			  Usb Mass Storage Emulation Type: Auto

PS: Use HDD in the SATA0 Port and DVD in the SATA 1 Port

Start cd boot-132...

In darwin screen type Enter,

Typical boot device are 80 (First HD), 81 (Second HD) Enter two-digit hexadecimal boot Device [fe]

Replace the boot cd-132 at the retail dvd! Waiting 10 sec and press Enter, type f8 and type -v

Open Disktutil Create GUID Partition table and Install Mac OS X

Reboot System, Start cd boot-132 again...

Typical boot device are 80 (First HD), 81 (Second HD) Enter two-digit hexadecimal boot Device [fe]

type 80 and press Enter, type -v and Enter

Open boot-132 and mount kexts.img

in the kexts.img folder copy: Intel82566MM.kext, IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext, SMBIOSEnabler.kext, AppleDecrypt.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

PS: ACPIPS2Nub.kext ApplePS2Controller.kext if you use keyboard and mouse PS2 :-)

after replacing the extensions open the terminal and use:

sudo -s 
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
chown -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
diskutil repairPermissions /
touch /System/Library/Extensions/*
exit
sudo -k
exit

Open OSX86Tools or chameleon installer and install "Chameleon EFI" in OS X Volume!

I tried Chameleon installer three times to work !

Reboot and Work Full speed Retail Now, 5 sec startup and 3sec halt :D:D

Drivers update:

Intel 82566DC Ethernet Controller - There

Intel X3500 VGA Driver (Not Test There!) - There

ALC888S = There

Thanks f41qu3, a1kon, HotBreeze, and everyone Thanks.

Big Thx onemanstrash :-p

Sorry my pour English! :o

retaildg335ecte8.th.pngthpix.gif

Is there any way that anyone has found to enable Hardware Virtualization within the above build? I have been trying to run Parallels 4 and it fails saying that hardware Virtualization is not enabled, however, it is in the BIOS. I had a similar problem on a BadAxeII, but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. Any ideas?

There u go.... http://www.mediafire.com/?zkyfymogezy (This One made by Slipttees...)

Good Luck... :wacko:

Awesome! Already have 10.5.6 installed now. I will see what i can do for kexts now.

hmm..

I can not get the sound or ethernet working. I tried using OS X86 Tools installer to install the kexts, but no luck. I guess I will try Kext Helper?

Anyone who has it working have specific instructions?

Read the First post... Else download this... (http://www.mediafire.com/?enez1guzz1g) for Audio...

And Find 82566M from Slipttees First post here in this topic. Use KextHelper for Network.

that shud solve ur Netwrok n Audio issues...

Good Luck.... :angry:

Awesome! Already have 10.5.6 installed now. I will see what i can do for kexts now.

hmm..

I can not get the sound or ethernet working. I tried using OS X86 Tools installer to install the kexts, but no luck. I guess I will try Kext Helper?

Anyone who has it working have specific instructions?

• 2 weeks later...
Update 3/5/2009.1

Intel Board DG35EC Guide

First, we need to prepare the ground.

Get and update with last Bios there

PS: DON'T USE NEW BIOS VERSION #0112, DO YOU WILL LOST AHCI MODE! BUG IN BIOS !

USE #0107 BIOS VERSION

Get DG35EC made me :-) there

OSX86Tools 1.0 Final: there Thx Jedi PCWiz

Chameleon 1.0.11 Installer: there Thx All Chameleon's

Bios Setting:

Main:
Advanced:
		Peripheral Configuration:
				   Audio: Enable
						High Definition Front Panel Audio:  Enable
				   On-Board LAN: Enable
				   Onboard 1394: Enable
		Drive Configuration:
				   ATA/IDE Mode: Native
				   Configure SATA as: AHCI
				   Smart: Enable
				   Hard Disk Pre-Delay: No
		Floppy Configuration:
				   Diskette Controller: Disable
		Chipset Configuration:
				   PCI Latency Timer: 32
				   HPET: Enable
		USB Configuration:
				   Usb Ports: Enable
				   Usb Legacy: Enable
  Security:
		 XD: Enable
		 VT: Enable
  Power:
		 EIST: Enable
		 ACPI: S3 State
Boot:
		 Boot Configuration: Advanced
			 Boot to removable device: Disable
			 Boot to Network: Disable
			 Usb Boot: Disable
			 Boot usb Device first: Disable
			 Usb Mass Storage Emulation Type: Auto

PS: Use HDD in the SATA0 Port and DVD in the SATA 1 Port

Start cd boot-132...

Replace the boot cd-132 at the retail dvd! Waiting 10 sec and press Enter, type f8 and type -v

Open Disktutil Create GUID Partition table and Install Mac OS X

Reboot System, Start cd boot-132 again...

type 80 and press Enter, type -v and Enter

Open boot-132 and mount kexts.img

in the kexts.img folder copy: Intel82566MM.kext, IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext, SMBIOSEnabler.kext, AppleDecrypt.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

PS: ACPIPS2Nub.kext ApplePS2Controller.kext if you use keyboard and mouse PS2 :-)

after replacing the extensions open the terminal and use:

sudo -s 
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
chown -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
diskutil repairPermissions /
touch /System/Library/Extensions/*
exit
sudo -k
exit

Open OSX86Tools or chameleon installer and install "Chameleon EFI" in OS X Volume!

I tried Chameleon installer three times to work !

Reboot and Work Full speed Retail Now, 5 sec startup and 3sec halt :D:D

Drivers update:

Intel 82566DC Ethernet Controller - There

Intel X3500 VGA Driver (Not Test There!) - There

ALC888S = There

Thanks f41qu3, a1kon, HotBreeze, and everyone Thanks.

Big Thx onemanstrash :-p

Sorry my pour English! :)

retaildg335ecte8.th.pngthpix.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , Maybe you can help me :

I have the exact configuration as yours :

MotherBoard : DG35EC

GFx : MSI 8400GS

Ps2 KeyBorad

ps2 Mouse

Sata Cdrom (Sata 1)

120Gb WD HDD (Sata 0)

I Have The EXACT Same bios configuration. I Have Downgraded to #107 Bios Setting.

I have unplugged all devices from my computer (Even Tried unpluging the mouse)

i Use Retail Dvd and Your Boot132

But Still Get Acpi Error (Exactly like Corben2005 and pkdill - they said it is graphics problem but i have they exact same graphics like you)

i also tried other methods : iaktos, Ideneb, Ipc,leo4all

but they all say acpi error.

please i'm desperate...

• 3 weeks later...

me too! :( :(

i get this EXACT same screen, and a freeze.

The last thing i see is:

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style.
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style.

I have the EXACT same bios (107), EXACT same bios settings. I have tried splittees' modified boot-132 with 10.5.0, 10.5.5, 10.5.6. I have tried iDeneb 1.4.3 since the HCL says a DG35EC has been tested to work with it OOB. I have tried ipc 10.5.6 since splittees reported it working before this thread. Please help!!! :(:)

Here is my specs:

intel DG35EC

intel q9400

sata seagate 1.5TB - sata port 0

sata LG dvd-rw - sata port 1

I'm ok with the fact that video might not work, I figure if I get to that point I can either try the drivers from this post or just buy a known-to-work video card. But that is not why we get this problem, others get this problem with external video cards as well.

I tested the hardware by installing winxp64bit and freebsd 8 on it, niether had any problems.

I have been trying to make this work for weeks =[

• 4 weeks later...
The last thing i see is:

I'm ok with the fact that video might not work, I figure if I get to that point I can either try the drivers from this post or just buy a known-to-work video card. But that is not why we get this problem, others get this problem with external video cards as well.

Fixed!!!

Video was my problem. I finally got a nVidia GeForce 9400 GT and my problems are over.

To anyone else geting the error I got, look into this!

It turns out where I was freezing is a common error, and not fatal. I guess it was trying to init the video at that point...