Attansic ATL1E LAN driver aka AR8121 AR8113 (P5Q series)

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

ostrom

ostrom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Asus P5Q SE/R Mac Os 10.5.6

Works very well... Still testing!

Thank you! Nice work!

McLovin02

McLovin02

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Can some one please tell me how to install it in a more detailed way.. I unpacked the folder on my desktop and im in the terminal. What should i do next?

markswell

markswell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
first thank's all
i've try to compile in XCode but XCode doesn't open AttansicL1eEthernet.xcodeproj

Attached Files

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
read on first post

McLovin02

McLovin02

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
NVM, got it to work now. .used kext helper...

amazing job guys ! im so happy :wacko:

pienXo

pienXo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Its really working? :wacko: thanks man ! :) im go install leopard on my maceee (1000H), youre my hero now ! :)

deadpxl

deadpxl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
it works on my p5q!!! Thanks a million guys for your effort making the driver!!! :unsure:

please correct me if im wrong on my installation procedure:

i installed it without using terminal, i just dragged AttansicL1eEthernet.kext that can be found on build/release folder using kexthelper. After that, without restarting, I go to system preferences and confirmation box appears and it shows that a new network device has been detected. I put IP address manually and thats it! now my p5q lan is working flawlessly :unsure:

again, a million thanks for you guys for making up this driver!!!

mrflakes

mrflakes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Worked PERFECTLY. Great job, thanks a lot.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Yes you can even install with kexthelper using the kext you find in AttansicL1eEthernet/build/Release/ :unsure:

krauli

krauli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Thank you reader02,
its working on my netbook 1002ha :unsure:

iPhoneiac

iPhoneiac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

it works on my p5q!!! Thanks a million guys for your effort making the driver!!! :thumbsup_anim:

please correct me if im wrong on my installation procedure:

i installed it without using terminal, i just dragged AttansicL1eEthernet.kext that can be found on build/release folder using kexthelper. After that, without restarting, I go to system preferences and confirmation box appears and it shows that a new network device has been detected. I put IP address manually and thats it! now my p5q lan is working flawlessly :thumbsup_anim:

again, a million thanks for you guys for making up this driver!!!

Rather than enter ip, click on advanced and go to the AppleTalk tab. Now click on the check box next to "Make AppleTalk active" and it will get an IP from your router.

By the way, thanks for the driver. I actually went out and bought a Dynex DX-PCIGB Realtek 8169 card only to get home and find the Atheros driver. How cool is that!

DPyro

DPyro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
THANK YOU!

This works on my Acer Aspire 6920g. Now I just need to get Audio - Realtek ALC889, and Wireless - Intel 3945ABG :thumbsup_anim:

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
You sir, are a LEGEND! - firstly, via lspci, and through the BIOS, my chip only ever showed up as a Attansic L1. Thanks for the great, and very appreciated work!

only integrated sound to go!

:wacko:

TRJS

TRJS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for developping this driver. How does it look with support of sleep/wakeup? I tried including the kextunload/kextload-commands in sleepwatcher, but this doesn't solve this problem I have: After the first time I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up Ethernet works fine, just as it should. But after the second time I wake up the computer neither automatic DHCP-lease nor DHCP with manual adress work any more. Also entering the kextunload/kextload-commands in Terminal manually doesn't help: The cable is recognized as plugged in though, Ethernet is stated as activated, but theres no connection to the router. Am I the only one with this problem?

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Here it works even after second sleep... (I'm writing after 2 sleep with network driver rebooting both times) :huh:

Anyway I don't use so much the sleep function, my PC is so quick booting the whole OSx that I don't need it, moreover I've got a mouse issue coming back from sleep. I even understand someone could need a working sleep.

TRJS

TRJS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hmm, with sleepwatcher disabled and only manually un-&reloading kext it worked at least for two and another time for three wakeups. But after that again no chance to bring Ethernet back to life until the next reboot :huh:

I may add that I have an EeePC 900A.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I added your EeePC in first post. I think this problem with sleep is not simple, even ATL1 driver has the same issue.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
I tried the kext found on the link of this page. I installed it and OS X recognized it immediately. However; DHCP does not work, in other words, it does not configure for IPV6 automatically- so no internet connection.
I then reconfigured it manually with an assigned static IP address and the address of the router/gateway in DNS and now it works.
Great many thanks to those who dug up this kext. I will try to let the machine go through sleep/wake cycle to see if it unload/reload the kext. If not, I will try the terminal commands. Oh, what a relief!

iPhoneiac

iPhoneiac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I tried the kext found on the link of this page. I installed it and OS X recognized it immediately. However; DHCP does not work, in other words, it does not configure for IPV6 automatically- so no internet connection.
I then reconfigured it manually with an assigned static IP address and the address of the router/gateway in DNS and now it works.
Great many thanks to those who dug up this kext. I will try to let the machine go through sleep/wake cycle to see if it unload/reload the kext. If not, I will try the terminal commands. Oh, what a relief!

On a mac network, Appletalk is disabled when no Ethernet card is found so you need to re-enable it after you install the driver for DHCP. Goto to System Preferences -> Network->Advanced->AppleTalk and check the "Make AppleTalk Active" Voila, DHCP!

smoothdvd

smoothdvd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
greate news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy