Attansic ATL1E LAN driver aka AR8121 AR8113 (P5Q series)

marionez

233 posts in this topic

it works on my p5q!!! Thanks a million guys for your effort making the driver!!! :thumbsup_anim:

please correct me if im wrong on my installation procedure:

i installed it without using terminal, i just dragged AttansicL1eEthernet.kext that can be found on build/release folder using kexthelper. After that, without restarting, I go to system preferences and confirmation box appears and it shows that a new network device has been detected. I put IP address manually and thats it! now my p5q lan is working flawlessly :thumbsup_anim:

again, a million thanks for you guys for making up this driver!!!

Rather than enter ip, click on advanced and go to the AppleTalk tab. Now click on the check box next to "Make AppleTalk active" and it will get an IP from your router.

By the way, thanks for the driver. I actually went out and bought a Dynex DX-PCIGB Realtek 8169 card only to get home and find the Atheros driver. How cool is that!

Thanks for developping this driver. How does it look with support of sleep/wakeup? I tried including the kextunload/kextload-commands in sleepwatcher, but this doesn't solve this problem I have: After the first time I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up Ethernet works fine, just as it should. But after the second time I wake up the computer neither automatic DHCP-lease nor DHCP with manual adress work any more. Also entering the kextunload/kextload-commands in Terminal manually doesn't help: The cable is recognized as plugged in though, Ethernet is stated as activated, but theres no connection to the router. Am I the only one with this problem?

Here it works even after second sleep... (I'm writing after 2 sleep with network driver rebooting both times) :huh:

Anyway I don't use so much the sleep function, my PC is so quick booting the whole OSx that I don't need it, moreover I've got a mouse issue coming back from sleep. I even understand someone could need a working sleep.

Hmm, with sleepwatcher disabled and only manually un-&reloading kext it worked at least for two and another time for three wakeups. But after that again no chance to bring Ethernet back to life until the next reboot :huh:

I may add that I have an EeePC 900A.

I tried the kext found on the link of this page. I installed it and OS X recognized it immediately. However; DHCP does not work, in other words, it does not configure for IPV6 automatically- so no internet connection.

I then reconfigured it manually with an assigned static IP address and the address of the router/gateway in DNS and now it works.

Great many thanks to those who dug up this kext. I will try to let the machine go through sleep/wake cycle to see if it unload/reload the kext. If not, I will try the terminal commands. Oh, what a relief!

I tried the kext found on the link of this page. I installed it and OS X recognized it immediately. However; DHCP does not work, in other words, it does not configure for IPV6 automatically- so no internet connection.

I then reconfigured it manually with an assigned static IP address and the address of the router/gateway in DNS and now it works.

Great many thanks to those who dug up this kext. I will try to let the machine go through sleep/wake cycle to see if it unload/reload the kext. If not, I will try the terminal commands. Oh, what a relief!

On a mac network, Appletalk is disabled when no Ethernet card is found so you need to re-enable it after you install the driver for DHCP. Goto to System Preferences -> Network->Advanced->AppleTalk and check the "Make AppleTalk Active" Voila, DHCP!

Works just fine on P5QL Pro ;)

Thanks for the great work.

If someone is interested, I build a Installer Package for it.

You can find it here.

The installer is set for 10.5.6 and newer versions of OS X and was tested using XxX Install Disc 10.5.6 Universal (1)

If there are any issues related the installer, just PM me, I'll try to fix it a.s.a.p..

Kind regards

Great Work!

Working great on EeePC 1000H.

I noticed that the kextload/unload doesn't resolve the sleep issue after the 2nd time the EeePC is put to sleep.

I'm running iDeneb 1.4 (Leopard OSX 10.5.6) with Vanilla kernel and can confirm that others at ipis forums are having the same issue on their Eee PC's.

If you could spot the issue there we'd greatly appreciate it ;)

Thanks for your great work!

Vendor: Attansic Corporation

Device: Atheros L1E - ATL1E

Also known on windows as: AR8121 AR8113 PCI-E Ethernet controller

Device ID: 1969:1026

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

===================================================================

You can find ATL1E on:

* desktop motherboards

Asus P5Q

Asus P5Q SE

Asus P5Q SE/R

Asus P5Q Pro

Asus P5QL Pro

Asus P5GC MX

Asus P5KPL CM

ECS P45T-A

* laptops

Acer Aspire 6530G

Acer Aspire 6920G

Acer Aspire 6930G

Acer Aspire 6935G

Acer Aspire 8930G

Asus EeePC 900A

Asus EeePC 901

Asus EeePC 1000

Asus EeePC 1000H

Asus EeePC 1000HE

Asus EeePC 1002HA

Please, signal missing PC where you can find ATL1E!

Reader02 made the driver!!!

So thanks him for this great job! :)

You can find last driver version fully working on 10.5.6 here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=47009

Howto install?

*Solution 1

Start Terminal, move to the Attansic driver directory where you unpacked the driver and type:

sudo sh installrelease.sh

*Solution 2

Install the driver with kexthelper, you find the kext in AttansicL1eEthernet/build/Release/

Sleep issue

After sleep LAN doesn't start, an hard solution (workaround) could be, in Terminal:

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1eEthernet.kext/

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1eEthernet.kext/

In this way driver re-start and now it works.

How can you understand if you have ATL1E onboard?

- download DPCIManager ( http://casualsight.com/index.php click on download)

- run it and if you see in the list 1969:1026 you have ATL1E

Other solution open osx86tools and run lspci

I remove the attached linux driver on this post, that's not needed anymore! :D

Please note:

- AR8114 it's related with the ATL2E not ATL1E.

- ATL1 Info.plist edit won't work, because ATL1 and ATL1E are not the same thing.

You are lucky,

ENJOY IT :wallbash:

Hi;

i have a P5QL PRO mobo and did download the file mentiond above then i navigate to kext file and install it with kexthelper b7 as soon i clicked OK for reboot your computer a popup window came and telling my ip address and the device is using it .

at last it is working now, thank you reader2 for your effort ==you are the man==

ofcourse thanks to whom helped make this device live again.

i am running leopard v 10.5.5 and not 10.5.6 :unsure:

Here is new kext and source ,I try to fix the sleep issue.

Asus EeePC 1000H, Ethernet [1969:1026] (rev. b0) is working! Wooohoooo :) !!!!

I used OSX86 Tools to install kext.

Sleep is working (no crash), but ethernet is not working after sleep.

Many thanks for programming/converting this driver! You are a hero !!!