Atheros AR5007 working but not perfect. Heres the guide.

oldmaclover

430 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've followed the method described in this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...351&st=380# and it worked perfectly for the first time on my Asus X51L. Yesterday night my PC was listing wifi networks but I've not tried to connect because it was too late and I didn't have my WPA key available at the moment. Now, this morning I boot my hackintosh again and I find a nice kernel panic!

It prints a lot of HEX address and then something like:

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
com.apple.iokit.CHUDKernLib(28)@0x2e54e000

followed by:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

and some more information about my kernel etc... Anybody had this problem, too? Anybody knows how to solve it?

In this thread (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t25241.html) they suppose this is something related to Xcode (which I have installed) but I don't think this is my case because I had Xcode installed from more than a week and never had a problem; I think this is related to the wifi card. They simply suggest to delete the CHUD* files in /System/Library/Extensions, but this didn't work for me either.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

At least you got it working :P

Yesterday I was able to make it work again, using differect kexts and I managed to connect. I tried to reboot and it didn't give me the usual kernel panic, but wasn't able to see the networks anymore! I said "OK, this is better than a kernel panic". So I tried to install the kexts again and now it gave me the same kernel panic... this is so strage, anyone can help?

Hey guys.I have a CQ 61 with atheros AR5007. I managed to get it working and sometimes detects other networks....but I got kernel panic when I tried to connect.Anyway I noticed that kismac can detect BSSID everytime but not SSID.Its kinda strange... Any1 has a solution or fix??? Airport does not detect anything at all (thats normal...).

The card won't work perfectly. I suggest you to buy broadcom wireless card & it is not expensive. 4312, 4315 & 4318 broadcom wireless card is supported by Mac OS X. AFAIK, dell wireless card use broadcom chipset, e.g. DW 1395 which use either 4312 or 4315 chipset and it is very easily rebranded to detect as AirPort Extreme card.

kizwan

Guys, really is there any development for this card???

Cause I really need this, otherwise I will have to stay with the Ralink Card!!!, and I don't wanna!!

• 2 weeks later...
OK here is my attempt at a guide:

First, make sure the card is on in another OS and restart. Those of you hoping to not have to dual boot are out of luck right now.

1. Starting from 10.5.5 and a vanilla kernel.

2. Download and install the Airport Update 2008-004. Reboot.

3. Download and install the IO8211Family.kext at the beginning of this thread with Kexthelper unless you feel like doing all of the permission repairs and stuff.

4. Download and install Kismac trunk r319.

5. Reboot. You have a 40% chance of getting a boot without a kernel panic. Just retry, it will eventually reboot fine.

6. Open Kismac before you do anything. Go to prefererences and find the tab for drivers. Add the Airport Extreme Passive mode one. Active mode does not work. Exit that menu and then click start scan. You will start to see networks. Once you see networks quit Kismac.

7. Now go the airport icon in the top bar and click on Join Other Network. (if the icon is not there you need to go to network preferences and enable the icon.) Then click on show networks. Your network will come up. Click on it, click join and then it will ask you for your network password. Enter that and then it will connect to your network and be stable. You will have to set up a network in the networking preference panel for the airport card just like normal.

On my Presario C771 the WIFI lights are not on blue but the card still works.

When you restart you will sometimes get a kernel error. Just try again. When you restart you will only have to do steps 6 and 7 and will not have to reenter you network password if you put it in your keychain when prompted.

It works everytime I boot now as long as the hardware button on the notebook is not pressed. The network stays on all the time and is fast.

If you also get it to work please let us know.

Pictures attached.

How can I install Airport Update 2008-004 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard?

I did step 2 and 3 and when I reboot I get a Kernel Panic..

• 3 weeks later...

First, make sure the card is on in another OS and restart. Those of you hoping to not have to dual boot are out of luck right now.

3. Download and install the IO8211Family.kext at the beginning of this thread with Kexthelper unless you feel like doing all of the permission repairs and stuff.

5. Reboot. You have a 40% chance of getting a boot without a kernel panic. Just retry, it will eventually reboot fine.

6. Open Kismac before you do anything. Go to prefererences and find the tab for drivers. Add the Airport Extreme Passive mode one. Active mode does not work. Exit that menu and then click start scan. You will start to see networks. Once you see networks quit Kismac.

7. Now go the airport icon in the top bar and click on Join Other Network. (if the icon is not there you need to go to network preferences and enable the icon.) Then click on show networks. Your network will come up. Click on it, click join and then it will ask you for your network password. Enter that and then it will connect to your network and be stable. You will have to set up a network in the networking preference panel for the airport card just like normal.

When you restart you will sometimes get a kernel error. Just try again. When you restart you will only have to do steps 6 and 7 and will not have to reenter you network password if you put it in your keychain when prompted.

It works everytime I boot now as long as the hardware button on the notebook is not pressed. The network stays on all the time and is fast.

Pictures attached.

• 2 weeks later...

help i ahve hp dv5 1030ee

i have installed osx 10.5.6 ffp5

but my laptop mouse is not working i used a usb mouse

and also the keyboard is not working i used usb keyboard

but they working on the installion but after instlastion they is not working

and also the sound is IDT sound any one have driver for it

thnx

Pictures attached.

hay i have a toshiba satellite l305-s5919 btw!! okay i installed kalyway 10.5.2 then i was searching around trying to find a solution for my atheros card and i found this one i seen that i need to have a vinilla kernal and 10.5.5 so i updated to 10.5.5 and changed my kernal to a vinilla and followed all theas steps and it WORKED! i was using safari then my graphics card is a intel gma x4500 and i only had 1024 786 resolution so i found another topic and how to get my full resolution so i did it and it worked but then my wireless didn't so i try'd to RE follow theas steps so i was about to install the airport update and it said your system doesn't meet the Requirments of this system but i got 10.5.5 and its already installed but i needed to RE do hes steps so now i cant install the update but i already have it installed but my athero card does not work no more? what do i do please some one reply without me needing to reinstall the operating system please help? btw im on my windows 7 partition the only way to access the interent lol

hay i have a toshiba satellite l305-s5919 btw!! okay i installed kalyway 10.5.2 then i was searching around trying to find a solution for my atheros card and i found this one i seen that i need to have a vinilla kernal and 10.5.5 so i updated to 10.5.5 and changed my kernal to a vinilla and followed all theas steps and it WORKED! i was using safari then my graphics card is a intel gma x4500 and i only had 1024 786 resolution so i found another topic and how to get my full resolution so i did it and it worked but then my wireless didn't so i try'd to RE follow theas steps so i was about to install the airport update and it said your system doesn't meet the Requirments of this system but i got 10.5.5 and its already installed but i needed to RE do hes steps so now i cant install the update but i already have it installed but my athero card does not work no more? what do i do please some one reply without me needing to reinstall the operating system please help? btw im on my windows 7 partition the only way to access the interent lol

Pictures attached.

Has anyone found a permanent solution to this problem? I have an eMachines d620 with leo4all version 4 installed. All the other distros I/ve tried didn't even load. I have sound,video,touchpad all working. I don't have usb working yet. Need help with that too. I/ve also got paralells working on it also.

• 1 month later...

Pictures attached.

when i try to update the airport it says the contents of this volume can not be changed when i select my harddrive! plzz help

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures attached.

tnx man this works nou mij compaq cq61 work fully

• 2 weeks later...

I almost got it working on Mac OS 10.6.3

After a lot of manipulations with differrent kexts, Kismac finally can find wi-fi networks.

Then I close Kismac and click on Airport icon, but it says that Airport is off and shows no networks :D

Any solution?

i tried, but no, i can't.

I tried to get this card working for 2 months with no luck. I have a hp dv6626us and I bought a brand new card on ebay for $4.99 and got the 104 error so i flashed my bios with the f.59 patched update that was talked about and now I m writing this post with wifi working. I have s/l 10.6.4 with all updates and win 7 dual booting working on the same hard drive. Need help I have all the info saved.

I got a brodcom 4312 wifi card from ebay. And I removed the white list on hp bios this will work on all dv6000 and 9000 intel laptop just make sure you back up your bios. Ill be on for a little while if anybody needs help. I understand and I drinking some beer. on ebay it was called a bevo 4311 but on mac and win 7 its broadcom 4312 no kexts or drivers needed install on booth systems on its on

• 2 months later...

Nice work dude just for you know that I am soon going to create a video tutorial showing how to fix this..

That will be for all of you who arent able to do this...

Currently running Benq Joybook Lite U101b

Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, Iatkos 10.5.5, Intel GMA950, Atheros AR5007EG, 160GB HDD

• Like 1