Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

i did mine the hard way(trial and error). but got it running smoothly after 1 week or so. this guide would have been very helpful that time, that was last october when i got my p5q. by the way, has anyone got the audio input running on the P5Q?

i did mine the hard way(trial and error). but got it running smoothly after 1 week or so. this guide would have been very helpful that time, that was last october when i got my p5q. by the way, has anyone got the audio input running on the P5Q?

Download the drivers which I have uploaded on the first page

hi,

i installed IDENEB 1.3 10.5.5.

bu after the reboot, it doesn't work.

it doesn't find my external HDD usb on which i installed the OSX.

my config:

dual core E8400

asus P5Q

4 gb corsair

nvidia gtx 260

HDD 500 SATA

DVD SATA

i flashed my bios with the non-modified asus 1611 bios update.

i don't understand wha i have to do after the install to make the boot works correctly.

maybe you can help me, thanx.

hi,

i installed IDENEB 1.3 10.5.5.

bu after the reboot, it doesn't work.

it doesn't find my external HDD usb on which i installed the OSX.

my config:

dual core E8400

asus P5Q

4 gb corsair

nvidia gtx 260

HDD 500 SATA

DVD SATA

i flashed my bios with the non-modified asus 1611 bios update.

i don't understand wha i have to do after the install to make the boot works correctly.

maybe you can help me, thanx.

You will be able to see Mac OS X option on the windows boot loader if you follow the below give guide

After the installation if you are not able to see the boot menu of osx then do the following steps.

If you are using Windows XP (Also Works fine if you are using both Windows XP and Windows Vista)

1. Download tboot.

2. Extract this file in to the C:\ Drive. If you have installed Windows XP on C:\ Drive.

3. Open Boot.ini and then type C:\tboot="Mac OSX Leopard"

If you are using Windows Vista Only

If the PC is Vista only, put ntldr(get one from your XP installation CD), tboot and a boot.ini file to your Vista boot partition, for example [boot loader]timeout=0

default=c:tboot [operating systems]c:tboot="Mac OSX Leopard" Vista will automatically detect and add the Leopard entry on next boot. Also, for Vista users, you may use bcdedit to add tboot, but the ntldr way is much much more easier. Anway, if you prefer the native Vista bootloader, here is how:

1. put tboot on Vista boot partition, usually C:\
  2. Open a command prompt and make sure it's running as administrator and type:

bcdedit /create /d "Mac OSX Leopard" /application bootsector This will retrun a {ID}
  3. Use the command line below to add the tboot, replace the {ID} accordingly: bcdedit /set {ID} device bootbcdedit /set {ID}
    path tbootbcdedit /displayorder {ID} /addlast

the point is, i got an apple grey screen, but nothing happens.

i can't follow your steps, 'cause i don't have NTLDR, tboot and boot.ini ( i'm vista only).

do i really need to change my bios for a modified one? if i do, could i have problems to boot vista after?

'cause, when i check AHCI in my bios, i can't finish to boot vista.

i don't really understand what i have to modify; boot.ini? ntldr? tboot?

please may you explain more specifically the steps.

thanx for your help!

Ok. Got it to work :( . Finally!!. In my case I needed to select a few more options when customizing the install. I needed the stock kernel and appleahci, first SMBIOS option, SATA option and I threw in the marvell driver for good measure. These were not mentioned in the OP (too obvious?) nor were they default options. You can read about it here in post #147. Still haven't checked whether everything works yet, but I do get into Finder.

the point is, i got an apple grey screen, but nothing happens.

i can't follow your steps, 'cause i don't have NTLDR, tboot and boot.ini ( i'm vista only).

do i really need to change my bios for a modified one? if i do, could i have problems to boot vista after?

'cause, when i check AHCI in my bios, i can't finish to boot vista.

i don't really understand what i have to modify; boot.ini? ntldr? tboot?

please may you explain more specifically the steps.

thanx for your help!

For adding a Mac OS X entry into the Vista boot menu, download this software. Add the entry for Mac OS X

After doing that please follow the below given steps

1. First enable SATA in normal SATA mode not in AHCI mode.

2. Boot into Vista and then install the chipset driver from the motherboard cd and then restart the computer.

3. Now extract IMSM_8201001_VISTA.zip

4. Open Device Manager and update the existing IDE ATA/ATAPI sata driver with the AHCI driver.

5. Browse My Computer for Driver Software

6. Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer

7. Click on Have Disk and then Click on Browse

8. Select iaAHCI.inf and then click on open

9. Select Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller and then click on Next and then restart the computer and boot into Windows Vista.

Now restart the PC once again and change the SATA to AHCI mode and then boot into Windows Vista and you will see that you are able to boot into windows using the AHCI driver.

Hi.

I have a problem. I have installed iDeneb 10.5.5 Leopard and after restarting, i can't booting mac, after installation, at the first boot, i see following screen:

and i can't understand, that i must do

was used:

Guid: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...137296&st=0

bios: 1611_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586

latest messages:

Dec 11 14:24:38 localhost mDNSResponder[40]: WARNING sandbox_init error Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for servicem com.apple. distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.config er

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldn't read usser-specification Computer Name; using default bMacPro-0022155A7F6Db instead

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldn't read usser-specification Computer Name; using default bMacPro-0022155A7F6D.loalbinstead

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost /usr/sbin/ocspd[110]: starting

What i must do for lunch my MAC?

Hi.

I have a problem. I have installed iDeneb 10.5.5 Leopard and after restarting, i can't booting mac, after installation, at the first boot, i see following screen:

and i can't understand, that i must do

was used:

Guid: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...137296&st=0

bios: 1611_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586

latest messages:

Dec 11 14:24:38 localhost mDNSResponder[40]: WARNING sandbox_init error Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for servicem com.apple. distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.config er

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldn't read usser-specification Computer Name; using default bMacPro-0022155A7F6Db instead

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldn't read usser-specification Computer Name; using default bMacPro-0022155A7F6D.loalbinstead

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost /usr/sbin/ocspd[110]: starting

What i must do for lunch my MAC?

First of all Change the SATA Configuration in the Bios to AHCI Mode.

Please remove all the external devices that you have connected to your computer. Disable the onboard LAN and also remove the external LAN card if you have one.

Have you tried iATkos OSX?. If iDeneb is not working then try that one and see............

i got a brand new problem, when i boot on OSX ideneb, i got this error:

package 0 didn't get a HPET (6 or 7 times)

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x54C85C93): "No HEPTs available...CPU(s) configur..........

BSD process name correspondig to current thread: kernel _task

Mac OS version:

Not set yet

kernel version :

darwin kernel..................

System model name: P5Q (P5Q)

does it mean something for you?

thanx

i got a brand new problem, when i boot on OSX ideneb, i got this error:

package 0 didn't get a HPET (6 or 7 times)

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x54C85C93): "No HEPTs available...CPU(s) configur..........

BSD process name correspondig to current thread: kernel _task

Mac OS version:

Not set yet

kernel version :

darwin kernel..................

System model name: P5Q (P5Q)

does it mean something for you?

thanx

You will receive this error message in two case. I used to get this kind of error message earlier.

1) If you have not changed the SATA Configuration to AHCI mode

2) If the Bios is not flashed with the modded bios

Also I would like to inform you that I still get this kind of message while trying to install Kalyway Mac OS X 10.5.2

you're right i didn't flashed my bios with the modded one, but it is a problem if i do, for vista , or anything else?

what's changing for my computer after i did it, i mean but for OSX?

and there's too many modded bios in there (i'm talking about links), so, can you link me the best modded nios for my P5Q.

thanx, it should be great.

you're right i didn't flashed my bios with the modded one, but it is a problem if i do, for vista , or anything else?

what's changing for my computer after i did it, i mean but for OSX?

and there's too many modded bios in there (i'm talking about links), so, can you link me the best modded nios for my P5Q.

thanx, it should be great.

Here is the link for the latest modded bios for P5Q. Click on the link to download. I also have Windows Vista installed on my PC and I dont have any problems......

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=39872

thanx for that, but with ezflash, it tells me: "boot block file is not valid", and nothing happens!

i can't flash!

any idea?

thanx

1. Flash your Bios using the Bios Update Utility. You will find this utility on the Motherboard CD which came with the Motherboard. Install the utility. Location YOUR DVD ROM DRIVE\MB Support CD\Software.

If you want you can download the Update utility from this link

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/util...402_XPVista.zip

thanx,

i did it, i've now during the boot some yellow lies ( i boot with -v -x options).

i've a mac os version : 9F33

but the same problem.

and when i use the grey screen with apple, now, a new message appears after seconds that says i've to push my power button for few seconds to reboot the computer.

idea?

thanx a lot for your help!!!

thanx,

i did it, i've now during the boot some yellow lies ( i boot with -v -x options).

i've a mac os version : 9F33

but the same problem.

and when i use the grey screen with apple, now, a new message appears after seconds that says i've to push my power button for few seconds to reboot the computer.

idea?

thanx a lot for your help!!!

Did you change the Storage Configuration as AHCI in the Bios?

post-271572-1229114466_thumb.jpg

my config:

dual core E8400

asus P5Q

4 gb corsair

nvidia gtx 260

HDD 500 SATA

DVD SATA

Try to disable the onboard Lan and Firewire and then try to install..

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message.

Also you can try to downgrade your Bios with the Old mod bios ASUS 1306 http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=38781