• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Although this is purely cosmetic, I wish they include it in the next version as well as IOPlatformUUID injection if possible.

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Motherboard	Apple Computer, Inc. Mac-F4218EC8 x.x

How do I set this to 1.0? Am I missing a string in the smbios.plist?

<key>SMsystemversion</key> <string>1.0</string>?

..no wait.. maybe not. Geekbench on my iHack9,1 says "Apple Inc. Mac-F2218FA9 Rev 1.xx".

thorazine74

thorazine74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Come on, give these people a little more credit. Do you really think that's the reason.

I don't believe for a second that not releasing the source has anything to do with staying famous.

It's about having control of what gets out to the public. Knowing exactly what people are using makes bug tracking and support less complicated.
If there was 9 different modified versions of RC1 available and people started reporting bugs using those, things would quickly get out of hand.

English is not my mother language so maybe my grammar was wrong, but I didnt mean at all they wanted to stay famous, but maybe they didnt want others to be famous at the teams work expense. I dont know, they would know the reasons, its not really my or anyones business...
Its imposible to control what gets to the public with open source software, once you release the source its in devils hands, some mods will be great some will be just rubbish, others will be just relabels.
Only way I can think of to have some control is restricting Chameleon name to official releases, thats perfectly legal because the name or brand is not covered under the open source license.
As far as bug tracking and support, there is no public bug tracking or official support that I know of, only the informal stuff being done in voodooprojects forums. There is always a way to find out if you are using official release or a fork (include a tag file, check the md5 of boot file, pgp signature...).

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
anyone have an example for a black macbook? it seems model identifier doesnt solve this one.

IntVar

IntVar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To fix UUID error without kext (PlatformUUID.kext, UUID.kext, SMBIOSResolver.kext) and other hacks
replace this file in Chameleon source (i386/libsaio/).
It just add system-id to /efi/platform
after that IOPlatformExpert in kernel get this property and create PlatformUUID key based on system-id value.
Attached File  fake_efi.c.zip   6.63KB   121 downloads
Sorry for English

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
Would you mind packing all files in a zip file for me, including a /boot that works on Snow Leopard maybe?

This is for ChameleonSM v1.1.12 right?

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

Would you mind packing all files in a zip file for me, including a /boot that works on Snow Leopard maybe?

This is for ChameleonSM v1.1.12 right?

+1
Thx

Arial

Arial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

+1
Thx

+1

I'll wait your great recompile pkg installer of PC EFI 10.1 rev.1, Dr. Hurt :)

IntVar

IntVar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To compile Chameleon in Snow Leopard
sudo cp /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Headers/pexpert/i386 /usr/include/pexpert/
add -fno-stack-protector to CFLAGS on Makefile's

PS
UUID fix file for PCEFIV10.2

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
Thanks, but that is not exactly what I (we?) hoped for. I just want to be able to use ChameleonSM v1.0.1x something on Snow Leopard, but without the usual restart/shutdown problems.

BTW: Did you contact Netkas and/or the Chameleon team about this? If not, please do so. Thanks again :)

hackcat

hackcat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Edit: This problem happens only when I try to activate c-states, have no problems just defining p-states in my dsdt. So I doubt the following describes the problem I had.

When I enable vanilla speedstep I get audio stutter and blocky animations. This seems to be a clock problem with speedstep (my dsdt has the rtc fix). I was wondering since my E6750 does not get its clock values and bus values derived programmatically, must use SMmaximalclock and SMexternalclock, whether that would mess some timings say audio and dock animations.

From sysctl:
hw.cpufrequency_max: 3200000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 3200000000
hw.cpufrequency: 3200000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 1600000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 1600000000
hw.busfrequency: 1600000000
I would expect that minimal frequency would get set at my x6 step or 2.4Ghz. If I move the mouse very fast the audio stutter goes away, maybe speedstep jumps into a higher state?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

You know that applying the patch/diff gets you the complete source?

I like to comment on this one once more, and the reasons for it is that I have the source code of Chameleon v1.0.11 but looking at the provided diff file (smbios.diff) I see this:
/*==========================================================================
  * ACPI
@@ -1262,7 +1593,7 @@
 /* Installs all the needed configuration table entries */
 void setupEfiConfigurationTable()
 {
-	addConfigurationTable(&gEfiSmbiosTableGuid, getAddressOfSmbiosTable(), NULL);
+  addConfigurationTable(&gEfiSmbiosTableGuid, getSmbios(), NULL);
	 setupAcpi();
	 // We've obviously changed the count.. so fix up the CRC32
	 fixupEfiSystemTableCRC32(gST);
Note setupAcpi(); in this code snippet, because this call is simply not part of the Chameleon v1.0.11 source code I have here! In short my version is not the latest one! Maybe someone else has the right version for me? And if that's a yes... then please add a download link to it. Thank you very much ;)

Edit: Never mind. I simply used the source code of Chameleon RC-3 and forked it to my likings – all I want is a plain simple blistering fast boot loader, without the bells and whistles that RC-3 offers).

Shadow_2k

Shadow_2k

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 128 posts
Is it possible to add the CPUs make and model to smbios.plist to overcome the installation checks like the one from Microsoft's silverlight installer? The clock speed itself is shown but the CPU type (Intel Core 2 Duo) is missing.

user-osx86:~ user$ system_profiler SPHardwareDataType
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
	  Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
	  Processor Speed: 3,33 GHz
	  Number Of Processors: 1
	  Total Number Of Cores: 2
	  L2 Cache: 6 MB
	  Memory: 4 GB
	  Bus Speed: 1,33 GHz
	  Boot ROM Version: MP31.00C1.B00
	  SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
	  Serial Number (system): (removed)
	  Hardware UUID: (removed)

factory

factory

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi, i had installed Chamaleon 2.0RC3, i'm using smbios.plist in Extra folder and I've installed AppleSMBIOS 10.5.7 cause 10.5.8 delay the boot a lot.
My problem is the Model Name & Model Identifier showed in the System Profile is fixed.. always shows MacBook Pro & MacBookPro5,1 no matter if i've changed in the smbios.plist
I think it's caused by a modified kext o something int the bootloader but i couldn't figure it out who cause the problem.
Anybody could help me?

Thanksss

Dewdman42

Dewdman42

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hello all. I'm trying to use /Extra/smbios.plist for the first time with SnowLeopard with latest Chameleon. Under 10.5.8 I had an older SMBIOS I was using that had my own unique UUID hard coded in the plist, a unique machine serial number hard coded in there and some information about my current memory speed. Now the format of the /Extra/smbios.plist is completely different from the old way, so I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to add my own unique UUID and serial number.

thanks

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Hello all. I'm trying to use /Extra/smbios.plist for the first time with SnowLeopard with latest Chameleon. Under 10.5.8 I had an older SMBIOS I was using that had my own unique UUID hard coded in the plist, a unique machine serial number hard coded in there and some information about my current memory speed. Now the format of the /Extra/smbios.plist is completely different from the old way, so I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to add my own unique UUID and serial number.

thanks

I wouldn't know about your machine serial number, but as for the UUID you should be able to look into your user library at:
~/Library/Preferences/ByHost
There will be plists that have your UUID embedded into the file name.
If you happen to have more than one unique UUID listed in that folder (which should NOT happen, but can happen if you installed a different UUID at a later time), you should use the most recent one. The other one(s) are ignored.

MAJ

DistraughtKitteh

DistraughtKitteh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, i'm having a bit of trouble here. I used the GUI DSDT patcher on 10.5.8 (I upgraded via Software Update) & I ran it twice. The first time it said 58 optimizations fixed, the second time it said only 57 were fixed. I can shut my laptop and it will boot back to the OS but if I select Sleep from the Apple menu and it goes to sleep and when I try and press the power button it turns on, but boots to a solid black screen. I'm using Chameleon RC 2.0 RC 4 and everything works flawlessly except this damned sleep.

PS: What do I need to post for help?

EDIT: BTW, I can close the lid, it doesn't go to sleep, its just the magnet turning off the screen. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4656

JJJohan

JJJohan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
This seems to work nicely for me, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy