HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

DONT use this guide until is approved by juanerson, balckch or other experienced users.

Hi to all.

I'll try to make some step by step tutorial for installing Lion on HP 550, 6720s and so on… Because Blackch is busy these days and have no time to make patches for installation. I hope this will help to non experienced users.

NOTE, I haven't checked myself these guide because my daughter is using the laptop but I hope it works. More experienced guys like juanerson and blackch can check and correct me if I'm wrong.

@juanerson congrats on becoming moderator, it was about time.

First thing first.

Check the type of your process using cpu x

You can download from here

http://www.kexts.com/view/399-download.html

(login required)

You should determine if your processor is Merom or Penryn. Use google. This is very important later.

Instalation

For installing Lion you should use two approaches:

If you have already installed Snow Leopard then use this method:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmo...x-107-lion.html

(login required)

It's easy and self-explanatory .

If you have a clean laptop than use these two sources:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

or

http://myhack.sojugarden.com/downloads/

there are many sources on this matter on the web so pick the most convenient on for you.

Postinstalation

Download Blackch files from few posts above.

Prepare your dsdt depending on your processor type : Merom or Penryn

Compile appropriate dsdt with using IASLme downloaded form here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189272

Boot in your new Lion install and

-Copy extra folder from blackch files to the root of your hdd.

- Copy your already compiled dsdt to the extra folder.

-Check your smbios.plist if it's pointing to 3.1 macbook for Merom or 4.1 macbook for Penryn

-Copy MacBook3_1.plist form blackch files to

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

if you have Merom processor or MacBook4_1.plist if you are using Penryn processor.

-Install kexts from blackch files to S/L/E using any software for that : Kextwizard, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or similar…

-Install chameleon from here

http://www.kexts.com/view/1941-chameleon_2.1_r1627vs_[icloud__facetime_fix].html

Important fort using iCloud. I personally use Chimera on my desktops.

Reboot

I hope I haven''t forgot something because I've made this only by reading this thread which I strongly recommend you too.

EDIT

remove io80211family to have wireless working with BroadcomBCxxx.kext regarding alemate23

IMPORTANT NOTE: MacBook3,1 profile users (Merom CPU) must change in /Extra/smbios.plist to:

CODE

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F22788C8</string>

This should match for App Store, FaceTime and iCloud proper functionality. The Fix to bring support to those services is present in Chameleon 2.1svn r1618 (13/10/2011), which I installed from Chameleon Wizard 3.3.0 by the "Dropbox" option. credits: juanerson

use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...135&st=360# to disable bluetooth keyboard/mouse.
No wifi using kext Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2, the log said something about out of date headers,
No trackpad using current VoodooPS2Controller, and no trackpad+keyboard using http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1423196

My CPU, as in my signature, is T7250, aka Merom

alemate23, you are stuck in the low CPU speed. Maybe NO SpeedStep is activated in MacBook3_1.plist resource?. Read this comment again about it, and OF COURSE then repair permissions & rebuilt cache (I recommend Kext Wizard for that). So, at the end, please upload one IORegistryExplorer capture, should appear something (see CPUPLimit = 0x0) like follow:

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_10_16_a_la_s__19.32.12.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: MacBook3,1 profile users (Merom CPU) must change in /Extra/smbios.plist to:

<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F22788C8</string>

This should match for App Store, FaceTime and iCloud proper functionality. The Fix to bring support to those services is present in Chameleon 2.1svn r1618 (13/10/2011), which I installed from Chameleon Wizard 3.3.0 by the "Dropbox" option.

Hi guys, I found a way to solve the LID sleep problem. When i look at macbook3,1 dsdt and find the part of lid device is different with my. Here is mb3,1' part :

Device (LID0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
		Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
		{
			0x18, 
			0x03
		})
		Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Return (LIDS)
		}
		Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (Arg0)
			{
				Store (0x01, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.LWAK)
			}
			Else
			{
				Store (0x00, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.LWAK)
			}
		}
	}

In my case, the part of my is below:

Device (LID0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
		{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})
		Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			XOr (LPOL, One, Local0)
			If (Local0)
			{
				Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
			}
			Else
			{
				Store (One, LPOL)
			}
			Return (LPOL)
		}
	}

So the difference is the part like :

{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})

Fortunately, I try to change the value "0x1B" to "0x18", reboot and test whether it works or not. The result turn out be true, the lid sleep works well. But when open the lid, laptop doesn't wakeup, by pressing power button or

keyboard etc. wakeup works. I install lion on the extend drive, i don't whether it has effect. Anyway i think this is a good way to make it works.

Good luck.

This is my result under Snow and Lion.

This is my smbios.plist.

smbios.txt

SO, IN THE CAPTURE YOU HAVE NOT SPEEDSTEP ACTIVATED AT ALL!

And, what is this?:

<key>Board Id</key>
<string>Mac-F22788A9</string>

Also delete all key/string than you are NOT using like:

<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_1</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_2</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmempart_1</key>
<string></string> 
<key>SMmempart_2</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMmemserial_2</key>
<string></string>

Found the mistake: the 3,1 plist provided by blackch is corrupted. I have to use the plist provided by zprod.

It was not corrupted. It missed the PLIMITDICT key that is needed to work.

Thanks for the Lion files in first post

I tried to compile the penryn dsdt.dsl.

It gave me an "unexpected end" error.

Any idea who to fix that?

Try this one:

(sorry, wrong file)

Try this one

Just to advise to penryn users, because should to know (I don't like the zombies), "this one" dsdt WILL NOT WORKS OOTB due to some important reasons, discussed all of about them is this thread:

- Not Speedstep support if you NOT use custom P-States (PSS):

So, if you want to make it STANDARD to take PSS from firmware, the Method PPC need return to Zero in both CPU0 & CPU1, as coming in the factory dsdt (see DSDT v0.20). Also need comment out the PCT and PSD methods.

- Do NOT have C-States support for 10.6.8 and 10.7:

You need to add CST full injection to make it work. Then, also you can safely comment out the Method CSTH because will be is unnecessary at this point.

- ThermalZone1 (TZ1) ssdt table with code fix by ThirdSmile is NOT present:

So, NOT fan control in Lion, and same result in Snow if use ACPIThermal. In this case, just AppleACPIThermal.kext will work fine in 10.6 until you implement the TZ1 code to the dsdt.

- Externals:

TZ1 Externals, and C39F & C39E Externals are present. All those values need to be commented out. It is better to port C39F and C39E Methods from ssdt table to the dsdt... to forget about that in the future.

Good Luck.

1761882[/url]']

AppleHDADisabler.kext sounds for you?

Thanks for the tip, in the last try I did exact same thing, but no longer had panic with VoodooHDA, but with... X3100...

Oops, look like when I delete IO80211, it gets me panic with kexts!

Update: copy IO80211 from my SL 10.6.7, booting in now... Working, but no wifi, as anticipated

Update 2: all work now! What I did is copying Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm43xx.kext into IO8011Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns . In a nutshell, I do neither use AppleAirPortBrcm43xx nor delete IO80211, but only add one more plugin into it. It took me more than a week struggling with this, but now it's more than sweet! Thank you all!

Just to advise to penryn users, because should to know (I don't like the zombies), "this one" dsdt WILL NOT WORKS OOTB due to some important reasons, discussed all of about them is this thread

Yes, I uploaded the wrong file.

This should do:

dsdt.dsl.Penryn.zip

Still custom pstates needs to be adjusted to eachone needs.

Just for the record; This files are working very good on MY machine, but probably they need customizing in order to be used on others (thats kind of OVBIOUS, isnt it?).

This is not meant as a "release" or anything like it. I just sharing those files here as a reference, so others can have an idea of what they need and have some sort of starting point.

Also because I've been asked a lot for a lion installer, but since I dont have much time this days I put the files here for all to have

My HP is a nc6510b with T8100 processor.

I have tried the last one.

It boots up fine, but it has a 100% load for kernel task.

For me it is very difficult to figure out what is necessary and what isn't to merge your findings in my dsdt.

The easiest way could be to figure out why that 100% load occurred, fix that and use yours with all the fixes.

For reference I attached my dsdt

dsdt_6510b.zip

Some more experiences:

I don't know what X3100.kext does, but it sometimes cause panic, I have it deleted without any performance trade-off.

For those who use Merom (and probably Penryn also), make sure to check SMMaximalclock, as the smbios in the download is 2400 (2.4GHz), which might not correct in your situation (as mine is 2000, or 2GHz)

iCloud is not working with Chameleon 2.1r1618 and Lion 10.7.2 (11C74 - I downloaded combo DMG, you should use Chameleon 2.1r1627VS

iCloud is not working with Chameleon 2.1r1618 and Lion 10.7.2 (11C74 - I downloaded combo DMG, you should use Chameleon 2.1r1627VS

Maybe problems to read Plain English? Please you "should" to do it better... because in my Post #1204 clearly I said:

"The Fix to bring support to those services is present in Chameleon 2.1svn r1618 (13/10/2011), which I installed from Chameleon Wizard 3.3.0 by the "Dropbox" option." So, that chameleon revision (13/10/2011) works just fine.

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_10_19_a_la_s__17.42.16.png Captura_de_pantalla_2011_10_19_a_la_s__17.49.53.png

Maybe problems to read Plain English? Please you "should" to do it better... because in my Post #1204 clearly I said:

"The Fix to bring support to those services is present in Chameleon 2.1svn r1618 (13/10/2011), which I installed from Chameleon Wizard 3.3.0 by the "Dropbox" option." So, that chameleon revision (13/10/2011) works just fine.

post-270577-1319062517_thumb.png post-270577-1319062982_thumb.png

With my highest respect, I did indeed try installing Chameleon 2.1svn r1618 (13/10/2011) by Chameleon Wizard. The iCloud said something about "Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account", then I tried with the installer from http://www.osx86.net/view/1941-chameleon_2...ime_fix%5d.html and, well, it worked. I really just want to share my own experience. However, I will try one more time then!

Note: CPU T7250 (Memrom), Lion 10.7.2 (11C74 - from combo dmg, not from Software Update)

Update: Dear juanerson, you were right. The first time I installed from BUILDBOT, not from DROPBOX. So basically, I misread the critical phase "from Dropbox". My apology!