Driver for Laptop Card-Readers (Internal PCI Bus)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

cs3gallery

cs3gallery

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok. So I figured out how to get my id and all that jazz. Gosh dang it. I modified my plist with my ricoh id and when I add the kext and restart it freezes. So I need to boot into safe mode in order to delete it an restart. Does this mean I need a new iopcifamily.kext? Thanks for the help everyone!

Guest: prozac4312_*

Guest: prozac4312_*
  • Guests
no

beth22

beth22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
 kext is loaded, and noticed about card, but couldn't mount it. My card is SD/2G Kingston

I'm trying with another card.

Thanks.

vossia

vossia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Didn´t work for me!!!! Toshiba Satellite a350 .
:censored2: nothing works on this F******g Notebook!!!

Tested with Sandisk SDHC 4GB Card

thaimin

thaimin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried this out on my T510 (has a newer Ricoh: E822 Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller and E230 Ricoh PCIe Memory Stick Host Controller).

I modified the Info.plist to have the ID and it recognizes my device, but as soon as I insert a card I get that freezing problem. This is on 10.6.4.

Something to note though is that it isn't completely frozen. Click the right mouse button a ton of times I will get the menu every so often. Pressing ALT+TAB shifts the position of the cursor. And pressing the power button gets me the Shutdown screen. Doing some other stuff the cursor finally beach-balled, but did not animate. Expose and dashboard still work when pressing the F-whatever keys. Volume control works. I can still open iTunes with a random key on my laptop and the dock still responds and shows it bouncing. It opens fine and I can use the keyboard.

It mainly seems like Finder and the Cursor are frozen.

If you ever do work on this again, I would love to use it!

Edit:
Another quick thing. Boot up hung until I removed the card, then everything just continued on like normal.

ctn777

ctn777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Has anyone tried this on the m11x?

Rikoshet

Rikoshet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Any news here? Possibility to add other devices like O2 micro?
Thanks!

sector-chan

sector-chan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

i have a vostro 3700 with the R5U822 Ricoh card reader, ive tried all kext here in this topic and i installed all with kext utility but none worked.

Has someone experience with this Card Reader

TRJS

TRJS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
A kind of "workaround" if the driver doesn't work and your computer has a PC Card-slot: You can buy a cheap PCMCIA SD card reader in form of a PC Card (must be compatible with OS X 10.x). Leopard still supports PC Cards, so installing is not a problem. For Snow Leopard users: SL doesn't support PC Cards any more - but fortunately it is possible to add this feature to SL. Prerequisite are the following drivers:

IOPCIFamily.kext (driver for the PCMCIA bus): Best you use this derivative of Chun-Nan's kext found in this thread. I used oldnapalm's IOPCIFamily-115 (download the IOPCIFamily.kext.zip-file), you can also check if there was a newer version realeased in the meantime.

IOPCCardFamily.kext (driver for the PC Card slot): I used the one included in Chun-Nan's "10.5.6.only"-IOPCMCIAFamily-kext, see this MediaFire-folder. It's located inside the IOPCMCIAFamily-kext in the plugin-folder.

ApplePCCard16ATA.kext & ApplePCCardATA (drivers used by the PCMCIA SD card reader): They can be found for example in the Extensions-folder of OS X Leopard.

I bundled these kext's in the attached file:
Attached File  PCMCIASDCardReader.zip   231.06KB   279 downloads
Install these kext's using for example Kext Wizard and reboot. That's it, now the PCMCIA SD card reader is recognized and you can use SD cards at least internally without any USB-adapters.

bisk

bisk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
This is obviously a really old and nearly dead thread but I figured no harm to provide another tidbit ...

Doesn't work on my HP6910p running vanilla SL 10.6.8 - 32 bit.

My SD reader is ...

02:06.3 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 20)
02:06.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 10)

I can see a new StorageDevice stub properly attached to the appropriate device id in the IORegistry but when I insert an sD card, no new device is recognized to mount.

I get the exact same behavior with both VoodooSDHC.kext_x86_64 and IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kextfc1 whether installed in /E/E or /S/L/E.

Bummer, cuz' everything else works except that I do still need to get the CPU cooling better.

bisk

wyxz2008

wyxz2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Please add support for my card reader:
Realtek PCIE CardReader Driver
Vendor ID: 0x10ec
Device ID: 0x5229

Maverick

Maverick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine,Hackintosh,
    AMD hackintosh,
    Technology,

This driver is intended to be used on any machine running Mac OS X with a PCI based JMicron SD Card reader such as the Dell Mini 9 or the Acer Aspire One. It may also be extended to work with other SDHCI compliant hosts. For compatibility check this file: And maybe others with this device: The driver is available in the development page. http://redirectingat...11-release.html Another development: http://forum.voodoop...board,14.0.html Thanks.

I have HP-DV6 with hm65 and this is my RTS5209 (card reader) is this gonna work ?

jamice4u

jamice4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 14 posts

This driver is intended to be used on any machine running Mac OS X with a PCI based JMicron SD Card reader such as the Dell Mini 9 or the Acer Aspire One.

It may also be extended to work with other SDHCI compliant hosts.

For compatibility check this file: attachicon.gifCompatibility_List.txt
And maybe others with this device:

The driver is available in the development page.

http://redirectingat...11-release.html

Another development: http://forum.voodoop...board,14.0.html

Thanks.

This driver is intended to be used on any machine running Mac OS X with a PCI based JMicron SD Card reader such as the Dell Mini 9 or the Acer Aspire One.

It may also be extended to work with other SDHCI compliant hosts.

For compatibility check this file: attachicon.gifCompatibility_List.txt
And maybe others with this device:

The driver is available in the development page.

http://redirectingat...11-release.html

Another development: http://forum.voodoop...board,14.0.html

Thanks.

Could you please add support for my card reader? Below is the linux source code for my card reader and also my device number and vendor are as follows: Vendor Code 10EC and Device Number 5249. 10EC5249. Thank you for all your help to the community.

http://lxr.free-elec...s/mfd/rts5249.c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy