[HOW TO] Getting IDT Audio Working

age_sabres18

288 posts in this topic

Hi, i followed this guide step by step.I have your same device id = 0x111D76B2 and same Intel Audio Controller 0x293e8086.

I removed AppleAzalia.kext and ALCinject.kext.

I have installed modified ApplaHDA.kext as your guide, reset Extensions folder permission and reboot.

But when notebook restarted, no audio icon and non kext loaded.

but in System Profiler sound card is present!!!

Do you have any ideas to solve thi problem and make sound finally working?

Thank for your help

AkiraOsx

Hi age_sabres18,

Thank you very much.. Sound is working (just because of your nice work).

My configuration:

HP pavilion dv5t-1000

my device id is 0x111D76B2. HDMI audio controller is Intel High Definition Codec - Ven8086, Dev 2802.

when I followed your instructions, system_profiler was showing my audio device, but there is no output sound device in system preferences.

In a trial&error method, I simply copied your 111D76B2IntelHDA.kext with your pinconfig in it (by download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/156344109/111D...leHDA.kext.zip). Now, everything is working..

Hi age_sabres18,

Thank you very much.. Sound is working (just because of your nice work).

My configuration:

HP pavilion dv5t-1000

my device id is 0x111D76B2. HDMI audio controller is Intel High Definition Codec - Ven8086, Dev 2802.

when I followed your instructions, system_profiler was showing my audio device, but there is no output sound device in system preferences.

In a trial&error method, I simply copied your 111D76B2IntelHDA.kext with your pinconfig in it (by download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/156344109/111D...leHDA.kext.zip). Now, everything is working..

wait dude, you're using the same laptop as mine but why ur devid is 28028086?

Hey just touching base I have the same card as rnb5500 and I am not having very much luck either. I did notice in -v -f mode it looks as if the HDAenabler is loading twice. Is this normal could it be the problem I am having ? I now show 2 audio devices under the system profiler and still no sound. I tried Aeros and yours Sabres with minor modifications to both based on your how to guide and I am stumped at this pont I emailed you my codec dump could you please take a look at it. Great guide I am guessing it would have to be my pin config at this point. can you guide me on solving this.

Thanks, Mark

wait dude, you're using the same laptop as mine but why ur devid is 28028086?

Hi RaidenII,

My codec device id is 0x111D76B2 (287143602 in decimal).

HDMI audio controller is Intel High Definition Codec - Ven8086, Dev 2802.

I don't know the reason why you have got a different HD audio controller. Did you try with age_sabre18's kext file?

One more thing is after I placed his kext file in /system/Library/Extensions, I deleted kext cache /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and rebooted.

Hi RaidenII,

My codec device id is 0x111D76B2 (287143602 in decimal).

HDMI audio controller is Intel High Definition Codec - Ven8086, Dev 2802.

I don't know the reason why you have got a different HD audio controller. Did you try with age_sabre18's kext file?

One more thing is after I placed his kext file in /system/Library/Extensions, I deleted kext cache /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and rebooted.

could u post a screenshot from device manager properites page?

mine is here:

post-249568-1224889373_thumb.jpg

Hey I am having troubles. I followed your tutorial step by step and did everything. Then installed both the AppleHDA and HDA Enabler with kexthelper. Look at my screenshot below and this is what System Profiler is showing. However, under "sound" under system prefs, it says theres no input or output devices detected. I have a Dell Studio 15 laptop and my Device ID for the IDT Audio on this laptop is 7675. In decimal form, that came out to be 287143541. I feel like I am very close, can you help?

systemprofiler.tiff

I took screen captures throughout the entire patching if theres any areas you would like to check....

well once my IDT Audio is working, I have some nice screenshots and a detailed log so I can write a in-depth for any beginners out there, however I need to figure out why mine is not working first....

Hi

i am tryin to config the driver but i dont know what i am doing wrong

in osx86 tools i have

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

in system profile i have

Device ID: 0x103C30F4

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

so wich one i need to config the applehda.kext

thanks